Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Replies

• Kokie wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I want DR to be exclusive, this won’t be a popular post.

When JKR was released, I was maintaining top 10 reliably. Now everyone has Revan I’m dropping into the high 20s, my 315 speed Revan beaten by 280 speed Revans, because this absurd meta doesn’t really care about speed.

Obviously FTP think this is fantastic, but I don’t pay to languish outside the top 20, I pay to win (I said it, not ashamed). If CG wants players to pay, and their business model depends on it, then they need to provide some kind of exclusivity for the considerable investment.

Otherwise we may as well all go FTP, have months and months to slow farm the characters, and then faceroll the event for the ultimate character in the game with a G8 squad.

The thing is, probably the first time unlock won't increase more than 10-20%. I meann instead of 20 you end up with having 24 DR/shard. Isn't that exclusive enough?
    People expected DR far before the event, but you still needed 600-ish crystals a day to be ready. It's not something most people have. You don't need to worry about having 50 DRs either way.
    Plus you'll need the sith minions for a viable DR team, even fewer people have them. If you have a massive wallet, you are getting weeks of advantage on everyone anyway.

I just did the math above...JKR is at least twice as hard/expensive to get as DSR. That means that instead of 20 to 30 people getting DSR a shard...we are up to 40 to 60.

At 19k crystals, one can get DSR if that person saves 300 crystals for 70 days.

Have no idea how you came up with your numbers but I farmed all the DR toons as soon as they dropped and by the time I got them all to 7* it was a lot more than 19k crystals lol

I worked it out in the prior page. BSF and cande are essentially free...Juhani was about 2400 crystals...Carth is like 16500 crystals
  • Doxige wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »

When JKR was released, I was maintaining top 10 reliably. Now everyone has Revan I’m dropping into the high 20s, my 315 speed Revan beaten by 280 speed Revans, because this absurd meta doesn’t really care about speed.

Obviously FTP think this is fantastic, but I don’t pay to languish outside the top 20, I pay to win (I said it, not ashamed). If CG wants players to pay, and their business model depends on it, then they need to provide some kind of exclusivity for the considerable investment.

Otherwise we may as well all go FTP, have months and months to slow farm the characters, and then faceroll the event for the ultimate character in the game with a G8 squad.

The thing is, probably the first time unlock won't increase more than 10-20%. I meann instead of 20 you end up with having 24 DR/shard. Isn't that exclusive enough?
    People expected DR far before the event, but you still needed 600-ish crystals a day to be ready. It's not something most people have. You don't need to worry about having 50 DRs either way.
    Plus you'll need the sith minions for a viable DR team, even fewer people have them. If you have a massive wallet, you are getting weeks of advantage on everyone anyway.

I just did the math above...JKR is at least twice as hard/expensive to get as DSR. That means that instead of 20 to 30 people getting DSR a shard...we are up to 40 to 60.

Have no idea how you came up with your numbers but I farmed all the DR toons as soon as they dropped and by the time I got them all to 7* it was a lot more than 19k crystals lol

Yeah, I have used like 20k using 600 crystals daily just on juhani and carth... I can only imagine the other 2

Theoretically you could get Canderous for free. I have spent 200 crystals on him in total, on one of the cantina energy days, the rest was just the natural cantina energy.
    For Bastila you needed at least 1 refresh a day, to have her by now. That is not too many extra crystals, but the math behind the 19k crystals is still off.

Yeah, I have used like 20k using 600 crystals daily just on juhani and carth... I can only imagine the other 2

The other two are free...we had 2 months to farm them
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    And he is still going at it all the way til the bitter end trying to justify his $$$ spent 😂

Theoretically you could get Canderous for free. I have spent 200 crystals on him in total, on one of the cantina energy days, the rest was just the natural cantina energy.
    For Bastila you needed at least 1 refresh a day, to have her by now. That is not too many extra crystals, but the math behind the 19k crystals is still off.

You are actually right...i used 250 shards to calculate when it should be 280

That would increase the total by like 3000 crystals...so about 22000

It would also dramatically increase the cost of JKR...by like 10k crystal
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Doxige wrote: »

We had slightly less. Two months still means 4.6 Bastila shards a day. You won't get it from 8 battles. 1 refresh almost every day. Close to another 1500 crystals.
    Add the fact that the event was expected to come sooner. Many people did the 50 crystals refresh too. The theoretical requirement is 1 refresh, but if you claim that 40-60 people get DR each shard, take into account that realistically nobody spent "just" 19k crystals

We had slightly less. Two months still means 4.6 Bastila shards a day. You won't get it from 8 battles. 1 refresh almost every day. Close to another 1500 crystals.
    Add the fact that the event was expected to come sooner. Many people did the 50 crystals refresh too. The theoretical requirement is 1 refresh, but if you claim that 40-60 people get DR each shard, take into account that realistically nobody spent "just" 19k crystals

We are talking bare minimum...and compared to JKR

JKR was a flat 30 tops. Don't pump it up.
    Not so much compared to 22k.

I did the math in the prior page. Farming mission and t3 in 29 days alone costs like 25k
    HerrnPollo wrote: »
    I think it's very selfish for a Papakind to be upset that the FTP get with a lot of effort what he does by charging the Visa.
    Sometimes, with effort, the objective is achieved and other times not, your Visa (or daddy's, I don't want to know) will surely arrive without problems, you do not want to strive? Pay for it

You understand that the p2p players are what keep the proverbial lights on for this game right?

I understand it and don't question it, but I consider this thread is very harmful to the community. What if I spend more than you and want even more advantage? What is the limit? The credit card?
    As I said above, paying gives you advantage. You don't have to make an effort to reach the goal. Wanting to prevent others from achieving it is very selfish

I did the math in the prior page. Farming mission and t3 in 29 days alone costs like 25k

Interesting that people who actually got him the first time claim to have spent less.

Interesting that people who actually got him the first time claim to have spent less.

And a lot of people said they spent $400 to $500...the pack rng played a role but if you were straight farming from 3 stars...it is abt 45 to 50k in crystals
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I know for a fact I didn't spend more on JKR than I have for DR......maybe my drop rates were just that much better for JKR but personal results were pretty much the same crystals spent....within a few thousand anyways
  • Doxige
    98 posts Member

We had 2 month for juhani, but of those 2, 1 month u had also badstilla....plus, if u don't refresh the daily attempts on juhani, you have 2.66 shards per day, needing 124 days...4 months... To complete only her... Prob it is less than badstilla, but you still need to use your cristals on refreshes for juhani...
  • HerrnPollo wrote: »
    HerrnPollo wrote: »
    I think it's very selfish for a Papakind to be upset that the FTP get with a lot of effort what he does by charging the Visa.
    Sometimes, with effort, the objective is achieved and other times not, your Visa (or daddy's, I don't want to know) will surely arrive without problems, you do not want to strive? Pay for it

You understand that the p2p players are what keep the proverbial lights on for this game right?

I understand it and don't question it, but I consider this thread is very harmful to the community. What if I spend more than you and want even more advantage? What is the limit? The credit card?
    As I said above, paying gives you advantage. You don't have to make an effort to reach the goal. Wanting to prevent others from achieving it is very selfish

Again..i didnt pay a dime to get DSR...i saved and spent time keeping myself in 1st in both arenas.

Money = effort in this game...you pay one or the other.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    For JKR

43 days to farm jolee and bastila. About 6.5 shards a day each...both are 16 reg energy nodes and 20 fleet energy....so you need one refresh on regular and farm fleet.

Bastila is 1,075 [43x25 (free energy)]
    Jolee is 5,375 [43x125 (two energy refreshes)]

Zalbar is 29 day farm so 9.65 shards a day...that mean 3 regular energy refresh , 2 node refresh, and one fleet energy refresh.

12,325 (29x425)

T3 is 12 energy cantina...calculator says you can farm it to 7 stars in 16 days with 500 crystals a day.

9000 crystals

Mission is 16 cantina...13 days left. You do 3 refreshes and then buy the rest in shipment.

11 shards a day from farm (33 tries) gets you 141 shards. 3900 crystals

139 shards at 80 crystals a shards = 11,120

Mission total= 15,000

Grand total=15,000+9000+6400+12,400

42,800 crystals

I welcome any corrections
    Post edited by Calbear949 on
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Assuming we still end on 3/27.

We will have had 71 days to farm BSF and Cande.

Cande is a 12 energy cantina farm...can get from 3* to 7* without a single refresh in 62 days.

BSF is a 20 regular energy node so you need one refresh for 56 days (25x56)= 1400

Juhani is a 16 regular energy node...35 days to farm. You need 8 shards a day exactly

First 20 days...you need to buy 3 refreshes + 2 node refreshes (cuz you are still farming BSF) so 20x225 or 4500

The rest of the farm (15 days), you just need to refresh the nodes (you can use the free energy) so 15x75 or 1125

Juhani total = 4625

Carth is a 20 fleet node so you buy 2 energy refreshes and 2 node refreshes, which gets you about 7 shards a day (21 tries). At 35 days...that gets you 245 shards for 12,250 (35*350)

Still need 35 more shards...80 crystals per shard means 2800.

Carth total = 12,250+2800=15,250

Grand total: 15250+4625+1400=21,275...round up to 22,000 for RNG.
    Post edited by Calbear949 on
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    For JKR

43 days to farm jolee and bastila. About 6.5 shards a day each...both are 16 reg energy nodes and 20 fleet energy....so you need one refresh on regular and farm fleet.

Bastila is 1,075 [43x25 (free energy)]
    Jolee is 5,375 [43x125 (two energy refreshes)]

Zalbar is 29 day farm so 9.65 shards a day...that mean 3 regular energy refresh , 2 node refresh, and one fleet energy refresh.

12,325 (29x425)

T3 is 12 energy cantina...calculator says you can farm it to 7 stars in 16 days with 500 crystals a day.

9000 crystals

Mission is 16 cantina...13 days left. You do 3 refreshes and then buy the rest in shipment.

11 shards a day from farm (33 tries) gets you 141 shards. 3900 crystals

139 shards at 80 crystals a shards = 11,120

Mission total= 15,000

Grand total=15,000+9000+6400+12,400

42,800 crystals

I welcome any corrections

Yeah I spent about half that
  • Wow this is a lot of fun reading this thread haha... Basically most whales (I spend a fair amount on the game as well) don't jump on here and complain because they don't need to. They have the best mods, they invest alot of time as well as money on the game and can beat anyone based on their knowledge and strategy. This just seems that the OP wants to walk into the trophy shop and just buy his first place award and have everyone pat him on the back without any real effort. There's all kinds of people in the world and can't please them all

JKR was a flat 30k tops. Don't pump it up.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Yeah I spent about half that

Just doing the math and 33% drop rate. YMMV but some examples from YTubers:

MG spent $400 with a near 6 star Bastila, near 5 star Jolee, and 4 star t3, mission, and zalbar. (he did buy a lot of packs and crystals which is not the most efficient).

Remon Azab spent $250 to $300 with some of the characters already at 5 stars.

Most people I saw on the board I recall spend between $300 to $400 dollars.

• JKR was a flat 30k tops. Don't pump it up.

Math done above.

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    For both I purchased one vault a piece plus my stashed crystals which I think for jkr was around 12k and DR around the same.....exact amounts are hard to calculate as I was running other farms at the same time but overall cost out of pocket was the exact same for me
  • Kokie wrote: »
    For both I purchased one vault a piece plus my stashed crystals which I think for jkr was around 12k and DR around the same.....exact amounts are hard to calculate as I was running other farms at the same time but overall cost out of pocket was the exact same for me

That may be true for you but there is no way that it's true for everyone...you had to farm 5 toons versus 4 toons and significantly more time to farm those four.
  • Well op should be happy. They made it so difficult that they didnt even release him XD
  • FWIW...I think g11 on average is a fair difficulty level...Chewy was a PITA to get and I had g12 Boba, Bossk lead, and cad bane, g10 ig88 (useless), and g8 greedo (also useless).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Tman wrote: »
    I, someone who doesn't have a gear 11 at all, I think Darth Regan needs to be more exclusive. It'll help keep the Meta changing and force people to come up with creative counters.

I would much rather Darth revan be locked behind 5 toons at G12+5 with god mods and zetas.....

At least then the whales are happy keep spending.....and auto losing in GA, TW, Arena is kept to a mathematical percentage where maybe only the top 50 in Arena in each shard are all darth revans...

Whales are happy being gods... F2P, minnow, dolphins, big spenders but not in the right places can still be in the top 100.

I would prefer that to 100% always being in last in GA, and being rank 300 in arena...

let the gods buy the world let the gods rule the game and fund the game but at least if that number of gods is kept as low as possible I still might get a GA match where i have a mathematical chance to finish 5-7 at least
  • After all, what do you guys think...

Do you think it will be possible to unlock DR with at least 3 Gear 11 charaters?
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Tman wrote: »
    I, someone who doesn't have a gear 11 at all, I think Darth Regan needs to be more exclusive. It'll help keep the Meta changing and force people to come up with creative counters.

I would much rather Darth revan be locked behind 5 toons at G12+5 with god mods and zetas.....

At least then the whales are happy keep spending.....and auto losing in GA, TW, Arena is kept to a mathematical percentage where maybe only the top 50 in Arena in each shard are all darth revans...

Whales are happy being gods... F2P, minnow, dolphins, big spenders but not in the right places can still be in the top 100.

I would prefer that to 100% always being in last in GA, and being rank 300 in arena...

let the gods buy the world let the gods rule the game and fund the game but at least if that number of gods is kept as low as possible I still might get a GA match where i have a mathematical chance to finish 5-7 at least

And this is precisely what I've said a few pages ago. The only two categories that want the event difficulty G12+5 are the heavy spenders and those who didn't even bother to farm OR in time and don't even have a mathematical chance to attempt the event.
    The first one is important to CG, they keep the game going, but they still make more money from casual spenders. There are a lot more people paying $20-50 monthly, and overall as a collective they pay more than those who buy literally everything.
    The second category, where apparently you fall, is close to irrelevant to CG. They have nothing to gain from keeping you happy by giving casual spenders 0 advantage over you. Whales don't need the advantage of owning certain toons that nobody else has. They just need to have toons that not every single, including the most casual F2p has. They already have an edge because they gear the said toons much faster and develop a team around them sooner. Their mods are also generally superior.
    CG wants to make as much money as possible. G10-11 can do that. G12+ is not the way, and a company that size knows that.
  • It probably won't be hard. But even if it is, it will only be at the later stages, and if we use different characters in different stages, there is no way for us to know which ones are going to be the ones that need the higher gear level.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    After all, what do you guys think...

Do you think it will be possible to unlock DR with at least 3 Gear 11 charaters?

Pry g8 will be more than enough