When is Darth Revan going to drop?

Replies

• Hope the delay is longer, still have to farm a bit :D
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Couldn’t be more disappointed to wake up this morning and no event. I get the the 21st was a hopeful date but this event is 2 weeks later than it should have been, period. Hoping the event goes live in the next few hours.

The lack of any form of communication about what’s happening is pretty much on par with my expectations.

The lack of any form of communication?
    They gave us a 1 week window in which the event will go live, the kit, the reworks and the required toons. The ony thing they haven't yet shared is the definitive date on which the event goes live.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Reyalp wrote: »
    Patience young padawans. The 21st it is, for many hours still

Precedence has always been events start at the beginning of the day. Regardless of if they get this event out in the next 21 hours or whatever constitutes the 21st in their time zone.... they’ve trained us to expect this stuff before this time on the dates of the event. Yeah they said this might be late but where’s the follow up? It IS late now by normal standards and when can we expect to be informed where things are?

This isn’t creating any positive buzz. There’s no downside to updating the player base. It just comes across so poorly, I can’t express it. But perhaps that’s because I’ve worked in areas where I had to make large groups of people happy in circumstances that weren’t in my control. A LOT of times stuff would go wrong. But I would always keep people 1000% better informed than what we are kept. Bad news is news. People appreciate news > silence.

Had THEY not been the ones to promise better communication then I don’t think we could reasonably ask for it. But they said it’s what was going to set them apart.

And what’s the cost? How much time does it take to drop into DEV announcements and write, “hey guys, won’t hit normal start time on 21st, still hoping to hit the day,” or “looking like we need a day or two everyone.” That would garnish so much respect for literally almost zero effort it’s unbelievable. But we can’t even get that in almost any cases.

The hype train for Darth Revan, for me anyways, has derailed and crashed into a mountain. I didn’t personally like how any part of this release has been handled. It’s later than it should be, feels super sloppy for some reason and last minute. I don’t know. Not thrilled. And having been more heavily invested in it, even back when it was just speculation, than I have ever invested in an unlock team, it’s been an unnerving process that I won’t likely repeat.

So can we please have an update? Yeah it’s 4am their time but last nite wasn’t. Let’s make it priority when you get into the office this morning to inform your 3 year loyal player base when we can expect our DR’s? Or even better... click that happy little button that makes the event go live
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

The hype train for Darth Revan, for me anyways, has derailed and crashed into a mountain.

So can we please have an update?

It seems the hype train is still alive and kicking ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
    Patience young padawans. The 21st it is, for many hours still

Precedence has always been events start at the beginning of the day. Regardless of if they get this event out in the next 21 hours or whatever constitutes the 21st in their time zone.... they’ve trained us to expect this stuff before this time on the dates of the event. Yeah they said this might be late but where’s the follow up? It IS late now by normal standards and when can we expect to be informed where things are?

This isn’t creating any positive buzz. There’s no downside to updating the player base. It just comes across so poorly, I can’t express it. But perhaps that’s because I’ve worked in areas where I had to make large groups of people happy in circumstances that weren’t in my control. A LOT of times stuff would go wrong. But I would always keep people 1000% better informed than what we are kept. Bad news is news. People appreciate news > silence.

Had THEY not been the ones to promise better communication then I don’t think we could reasonably ask for it. But they said it’s what was going to set them apart.

And what’s the cost? How much time does it take to drop into DEV announcements and write, “hey guys, won’t hit normal start time on 21st, still hoping to hit the day,” or “looking like we need a day or two everyone.” That would garnish so much respect for literally almost zero effort it’s unbelievable. But we can’t even get that in almost any cases.

The hype train for Darth Revan, for me anyways, has derailed and crashed into a mountain. I didn’t personally like how any part of this release has been handled. It’s later than it should be, feels super sloppy for some reason and last minute. I don’t know. Not thrilled. And having been more heavily invested in it, even back when it was just speculation, than I have ever invested in an unlock team, it’s been an unnerving process that I won’t likely repeat.

So can we please have an update? Yeah it’s 4am their time but last nite wasn’t. Let’s make it priority when you get into the office this morning to inform your 3 year loyal player base when we can expect our DR’s? Or even better... click that happy little button that makes the event go live

They never gave a date so cant be late every expected the 21st but tbey said last week it could be 1 or 2 weeks but never gave a exact date so no reason to say they are running late on it
  • leef wrote: »

The hype train for Darth Revan, for me anyways, has derailed and crashed into a mountain.

Not for me dude. Just want it over with so I can see if it’s worth it to still play arena. If there’s 50 of these running around that’ll probably be it for me. Pvp was my deal and revan has killed that. I needed some exclusivity with DR that I’m not gonna get. Every day that’s added to the farm is another handful on my shard. I’ve been ready for quite some time. So if the fights are as miserable as JKR has been, it won’t bode well for my longevity.
  • If they drop Drevan next week I hope they dont use that as an excuse to gear check people. The carbanti and stun cuff drought is real.
  • If they wait a whole ‘nother week and there’s no gear check and a hundred of these on some shards, do you think that would be healthy for the game?
  • If they wait a whole ‘nother week and there’s no gear check and a hundred of these on some shards, do you think that would be healthy for the game?

Yea if its next week definitely needs to be a g10 or g11 threshold to beat it maybe even needing carths zeta

Yea if its next week definitely needs to be a g10 or g11 threshold to beat it maybe even needing carths zeta

That sounds great to me. :)
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    leef wrote: »

Not for me dude. Just want it over with so I can see if it’s worth it to still play arena. If there’s 50 of these running around that’ll probably be it for me. Pvp was my deal and revan has killed that. I needed some exclusivity with DR that I’m not gonna get. Every day that’s added to the farm is another handful on my shard. I’ve been ready for quite some time. So if the fights are as miserable as JKR has been, it won’t bode well for my longevity.

You can beat JKR with a number of teams. No one is forcing you to play Revan Vs Revan, and if they are you should probably call the police.

Also, in a game played by millions...you're expecting exclusivity? It's possible mobile games arent your genre.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    If they wait a whole ‘nother week and there’s no gear check and a hundred of these on some shards, do you think that would be healthy for the game?

Should be that way if it drops today!
    leef wrote: »

You can beat JKR with a number of teams. No one is forcing you to play Revan Vs Revan, and if they are you should probably call the police.

Also, in a game played by millions...you're expecting exclusivity? It's possible mobile games arent your genre.

No kidding. There’s 5 counters for revan. Might as well call them target to drop on defense teams. Don’t be ridiculous. And no I’m absolutely not expecting anything catered to me. Just sharing where I am with a game. I haven’t heard many say JKR was great for this game. I’m one that thinks it wasn’t. Thanks for the advice or whatever it was.
  • Still crickets
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Locukfan wrote: »
    Still crickets

Perhaps you call someone, crickets are annoying.
  • I think the latest they've pushed an update was around 9:30 pm EST
  • Man cgs communication is just so bad.. They knew we were expecting it tomorrow. How hard is it for someone to say "not quite yet"
  • That would take them actually giving an F.. at cg Zero Fs are given

I think this was already gonna be a requirement
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Ulrika33 wrote: »
    Man cgs communication is just so bad.. They knew we were expecting it tomorrow. How hard is it for someone to say "not quite yet"
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We were going to say "not quite yet" but today is Caley's turn and he couldn't be happier ignoring you.
    bmnvnr3kbvr11.png
  • Jaden
    162 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Ulrika33 wrote: »
    Man cgs communication is just so bad.. They knew we were expecting it tomorrow. How hard is it for someone to say "not quite yet"
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We were going to say "not quite yet" but today is Caley's turn and he couldn't be happier ignoring you.
    bmnvnr3kbvr11.png

Come on Caley, we are all counting on you!
  • He doesn't even look that good. His support cast sucks.

Grevious v2. LS Revan will continue to dominate arena

That's just dingus talk
  • What some people don't seem to understand is that HK and Fallen Bastila with Darth Revan are going to be so incredibly awesome that the options for the last two slots *needed* to suck in order for there to be any chance for other squads to beat them.
  • I’m surprised we haven’t Atleast had the updates for bastilla and hk. My question is what happens if you are locked in a grand arena and a new version of bastilla and hk come out. Do you keep the old version for arena? Would this be the trouble. I saw on reddit that someone said the event can’t happen until after grand arena, and I assumed if they were telling the truth this is why.
    It is frustrating that they can’t communicate.
  • Mol9961 wrote: »
    I’m surprised we haven’t Atleast had the updates for bastilla and hk. My question is what happens if you are locked in a grand arena and a new version of bastilla and hk come out. Do you keep the old version for arena? Would this be the trouble. I saw on reddit that someone said the event can’t happen until after grand arena, and I assumed if they were telling the truth this is why.

Pretty sure everything about GA is locked in at the start.
  • StarSon
    7387 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    I’m surprised we haven’t Atleast had the updates for bastilla and hk. My question is what happens if you are locked in a grand arena and a new version of bastilla and hk come out. Do you keep the old version for arena? Would this be the trouble. I saw on reddit that someone said the event can’t happen until after grand arena, and I assumed if they were telling the truth this is why.

Pretty sure everything about GA is locked in at the start.

Not the kits. We know this from when they dropped Vader and EP during a TW.
  • The lack of communication today probably means they’re still trying to get it out today. If they’d given up today and pushed to next week, they would just tell us that. There’s no benefit for them to delay the event because it just gives us a week more to farm characters and gear. They’ll also lose some of the revenue because the event will spill into April (2Q). They want it out as much as we do, and it’s only better for us if it’s delayed. I’m looking at spending crystals on gear if it drops today (unless DR is super easy to gear), but if it’s a week? That’s a loooot if time I could farm gear.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    August.

Has that been said yet?
  • Here we go