Please make Darth Revan extremely hard to get

Replies

• Darth revan is so hard to get that you can't even get him the day he was supposed to release. /s
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    After all, what do you guys think...

Do you think it will be possible to unlock DR with at least 3 Gear 11 charaters?

Wait and see. I certainly hope so.

• Palanthian wrote: »
    I want DR to be exclusive, this won’t be a popular post.

When JKR was released, I was maintaining top 10 reliably. Now everyone has Revan I’m dropping into the high 20s, my 315 speed Revan beaten by 280 speed Revans, because this absurd meta doesn’t really care about speed.

Obviously FTP think this is fantastic, but I don’t pay to languish outside the top 20, I pay to win (I said it, not ashamed). If CG wants players to pay, and their business model depends on it, then they need to provide some kind of exclusivity for the considerable investment.

Otherwise we may as well all go FTP, have months and months to slow farm the characters, and then faceroll the event for the ultimate character in the game with a G8 squad.

As unpopular as what you are saying may be...I agree with you.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Darth revan is so hard to get that you can't even get him the day he was supposed to release. /s

giphy.gif
  • Corrog wrote: »
    Wow, the elitist, entitled, whiny tone of at least one of the people in this post is incredible.

What do F2P players do for the game? Do you enjoy playing the game? Do you enjoy playing against opponents, and having them play against you? Would you prefer it was all PVE content? F2P populates your game modes. We tolerate being openly treated like second class citizens in this game, because we understand that's the way it has to be. We try to do smart things to make up the pay differential, so it's not entirely a game where you simply pay to win.

What do elitist P2P players like yourself do for the game (not all P2P, just elitist folks like the one who asked what F2P people do)? As far as I can see, the entirety of your grand contribution to the game is paying bills. That doesn't, and shouldn't, make you good at the game. The moment money=power, that's the moment it's not a game, but rather a wallet measuring stick with cool animated stickers on it.

If you can't see why it's important for a game like this to reward players for hard work, or for time invested, or for being intelligent about what they do, you're throwing your money around foolishly.

I’m going to tell you what P2P players do. They pay the bills so other F2P folks can continue to play the game for free!! What a concept!!! You shouldn’t bite the hand that feeds you.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    It probably won't be hard. But even if it is, it will only be at the later stages, and if we use different characters in different stages, there is no way for us to know which ones are going to be the ones that need the higher gear level.

That is what I have been thinking, different stages with different characters. I'm trying to get everyone to g11. But Juhani and Canderous are a real pain.
  • Grimstoned
    250 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Heck yeah. Everyone that was smart enough to farm these characters should be punished with a super hard event that costs them hundreds of dollars..... feels about right.
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    Heck yeah. Everyone that was smart enough to farm these characters should be punished with a super hard event that costs them hundreds of dollars..... feels about right.

I love the idea that everyone who farmed for DR is "smart". People farming up the original OR for JKR, maybe. People farmed up the Solo toons convinced there was something bigger there too.

But when they released another set of OR toons right after JKR, with ties to DR? That's just pattern recognition. One which apparently everyone saw based on the number of "I started farming bast and ordo the second they dropped because I knew..." posts.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Get ready for round two of...

2ufk9i.jpg
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

2ufk9i.jpg

Post of the day!! :D
  • The logic is flawed here. From what some are saying due to the amount of time to farm characters and gear. CLS journey event should be gear level 30 and all zetas plus 10. Its kind of ridiculous. Just my two cents.
  • A lot of the concern in this thread about "too many" people unlocking Darth Revan seems pretty disingenuous. Are people who say they have every OR character to G12 with great mods *really* worried about the "competition" that would be offered by people who are struggling to finish getting them all 7 starred and to G8? Think about it, are the squads they can field going to be of equivalent power just because DR is a member of them? That doesn't pass the laugh test.
  • The logic is flawed here. From what some are saying due to the amount of time to farm characters and gear. CLS journey event should be gear level 30 and all zetas plus 10. Its kind of ridiculous. Just my two cents.

I'm with you on that, I believe all journey events should be the same difficulty regardless if it took one more week to release.... because if you can do the JKR event with gear 8 characters and he wound up being meta for months, the dark side version of that character shouldnt be harder. And just because some whales maxed out their characters and gave them god mods should be a reason as to increase the difficulty for everyone else.
  • The reason why he should be hard is multiple reasons. We don’t want another good team to be covering the top 50. It’s just a JKR repeat.

Everyone typically has enough mods to make a really good team. So while mod depth can be an issue, transferring mods to Darth Revan from Jedi Revan will hardly see a massive difference in arena.

The only saving grace for those that worked hard to get Darth Revan is the other three Sith Empire may take a bit to farm. But even F2P can build them up in less than a month if they focuse and we will still be handcuffed with everyone in top 50 having them, plus when they come back out we will be right back at square one.
  • There is that word again. "Everyone." I don't think the actual meaning of that word is anywhere close to the way you guys keep using it.
    There is that word again. "Everyone." I don't think the actual meaning of that word is anywhere close to the way you guys keep using it.

You need 30 good mods to make a team. Those mods can be removed from a squad if need be to put on a Darth Revan team. If you don’t have that, I suggest to you

Do you even mod bro?
    There is that word again. "Everyone." I don't think the actual meaning of that word is anywhere close to the way you guys keep using it.

You need 30 good mods to make a team. Those mods can be removed from a squad if need be to put on a Darth Revan team. If you don’t have that, I suggest to you

Do you even mod bro?

To really be competitive, you also need to get all the characters in the squad to G12. Do you really think a lot of people who are struggling to 7 star the OR team have Assassin, Trooper, and Marauder at 7 stars with G12? Hell, by the time a lot of them get their DR squads competitive, the next meta might have already dropped.
    A lot of the concern in this thread about "too many" people unlocking Darth Revan seems pretty disingenuous. Are people who say they have every OR character to G12 with great mods *really* worried about the "competition" that would be offered by people who are struggling to finish getting them all 7 starred and to G8? Think about it, are the squads they can field going to be of equivalent power just because DR is a member of them? That doesn't pass the laugh test.

Yes because we are talking about meta in the arena, which affect payouts of crystals.
    CazNeerg wrote: »

Do you even mod bro?

To really be competitive, you also need to get all the characters in the squad to G12. Do you really think a lot of people who are struggling to 7 star the OR team have Assassin, Trooper, and Marauder at 7 stars with G12? Hell, by the time a lot of them get their DR squads competitive, the next meta might have already dropped.

Yes...because a lot of it is just poor planning on farming, not because they have bad mods or don't have the toons. There is a reason why people go from no. 1 to no. 75 overnight now.

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    At this point I don't even care about the difficulty level. I just want some kind of communication about when it's happening.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »

Do you even mod bro?

Yes...because a lot of it is just poor planning on farming, not because they have bad mods or don't have the toons. There is a reason why people go from no. 1 to no. 75 overnight now.

The reason isn't what you are claiming it is though. It's that the AI sucks on defense. It's easy for even a great team to drop if all the characters are consistently doing what makes the least sense.
  • Calbear949
    839 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Calbear949 wrote: »

Do you even mod bro?

The reason isn't what you are claiming it is though. It's that the AI sucks on defense. It's easy for even a great team to drop if all the characters are consistently doing what makes the least sense.

Both of those things can be true...AI could suck and other people could be good players but bad planners.

But the reason why I saved for the meta is so that for the next x no. of months...I can take it easier in arena...fewer battles that are shorter in length...some of which I may be able to auto. Meanwhile, I can maximize my crystal collection to save for the next meta and do other things to improve my roster and help my guild in various events. That's fun to me.

Giving a meta away will dissuade me from playing this game because it will make the game much more difficult and time consuming.

I don't think we disagree that there should be a level of effort needed to get the meta...we just disagree on what that level is. I would agree that JKR was probably too high (40K or so in crystals or cash equivalent)...but I think the farm level for DSR is way to low (around 20K). I think 30 to 35K is a good level to get a meta character.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

2ufk9i.jpg

We don't need another hero, we don't to find another way home... All we want is to find a life beyond the Revandome!
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    We all know this kit is complicated and the AI will suck on D. Therefore I agree, hopefully the scrubs won't get this character until the second time around or whales will stop paying.
  • Themy wrote: »
    We all know this kit is complicated and the AI will suck on D. Therefore I agree, hopefully the scrubs won't get this character until the second time around or whales will stop paying.

The only problem is, those scrubs you are speaking of bring more revenue with their monthly 50 dollar contribution due to their sheer numbers.
    It's a common missconception that only whales keep the game going.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Here's what they should do:
    Make Jedi Luke cost $2000/month to use. Can't use crystals, direct purchase only. Only character that can beat JL is another JL.
    Then,
    Give HK a rework that makes Grevious arena viable.
    Make DR a solid character that holds well against high co-op teams (revan cls) but can be taken down by individually tough characters (traya, scoundrels)

Whales are happy because they don't have to worry about losing to a ftp, ftp is happy with a diverse and challenging meta.

Lmao!! Oh man. 2000 usd a month? Bruh, what world do you live in?? First if youre willing to spend 2000$ a month on a single character on a mobile game we should be opening clinics for people that have this problem. I mean its your money, but thats pants on hat ****.

Jedi Luke Skywalker
    Unique 1 Lvl 1 - Brain dead, money wasting phoque (go get out your French dictionaries moderators! We have more then established using marine life to classify players.)

"Jedi Luke Skywalker can only be damaged by Jedi Luke Skywalker. Lol raid bosses dont do damage either. Good thing your wallet (or your parents) is so fat .... champ!"

Why is this thought process so prevalent "well i paid to win, but got beat by someone who used clearly better strategy in their team or resource management! Filthy garbage peasants!!" Bruh its a game, someone is always gonna be able to beat you.

You must have forgotten /s. To indicate sarcasm in your post.

24000$ a year (assumably plus tax, which would be almost another 2000$ a year) for the most requested and anticipated unreleased character. Yeah that would do wonders for this game!! No mass exodus of players spending their 24000 dollars a year on car payments, rent, food, medical bills. Man do you know what kinda vacation you can take for 25000$!?!? You could spend half a month of Viking Island!! (I googled the package rates 😂)

Id also like to point out you dont really own any of these characters nor the gear youve put on them. They are licensed to you by CG/EA, which means at anytime they can pull the plug, alter, or remove any content.

Lol thanks for the laugh I guess!

• EAZY_E
    21 posts Member
    Eutus wrote: »
    Here's what they should do:
    Make Jedi Luke cost $2000/month to use. Can't use crystals, direct purchase only. Only character that can beat JL is another JL.
    Then,
    Give HK a rework that makes Grevious arena viable.
    Make DR a solid character that holds well against high co-op teams (revan cls) but can be taken down by individually tough characters (traya, scoundrels)

Whales are happy because they don't have to worry about losing to a ftp, ftp is happy with a diverse and challenging meta.

Lmao!! Oh man. 2000 usd a month? Bruh, what world do you live in?? First if youre willing to spend 2000$ a month on a single character on a mobile game we should be opening clinics for people that have this problem. I mean its your money, but thats pants on hat ****.

Jedi Luke Skywalker
    Unique 1 Lvl 1 - Brain dead, money wasting phoque (go get out your French dictionaries moderators! We have more then established using marine life to classify players.)

"Jedi Luke Skywalker can only be damaged by Jedi Luke Skywalker. Lol raid bosses dont do damage either. Good thing your wallet (or your parents) is so fat .... champ!"

Why is this thought process so prevalent "well i paid to win, but got beat by someone who used clearly better strategy in their team or resource management! Filthy garbage peasants!!" Bruh its a game, someone is always gonna be able to beat you.

You must have forgotten /s. To indicate sarcasm in your post.

24000$ a year (assumably plus tax, which would be almost another 2000$ a year) for the most requested and anticipated unreleased character. Yeah that would do wonders for this game!! No mass exodus of players spending their 24000 dollars a year on car payments, rent, food, medical bills. Man do you know what kinda vacation you can take for 25000$!?!? You could spend half a month of Viking Island!! (I googled the package rates 😂)

Id also like to point out you dont really own any of these characters nor the gear youve put on them. They are licensed to you by CG/EA, which means at anytime they can pull the plug, alter, or remove any content.

Lol thanks for the laugh I guess!

*WHOOSH*
  • would have been funny if they were random marquee toons hehe