Reporting cheaters

Why don' they add an ingame reporting system? I think it would be much easier than what we have now :v

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Honestly, I would think doing that would lead to a lot more "false reporting", and could lead to issues down the road.
  • Their is in game reporting through arena. Go into arena select RANKS (shows top 50) click on who you velievebis cheating. The button MUTE/REPORT in the botton right

There will be no dialogue.
  • After reporting a suspected cheat, can we expect any communication in return explaining results of inquiry or any actions taken? I feel like cheating belittles my efforts and without any form of feedback, I'm getting pretty angry about things. The guy I reported yesterday is still sitting pretty in my GA group. I want to know why. If there is a legitimate reason , I could deal with it but as it stands I'm getting more and more bitter.
  • You can report a guild in TW, strange we can't do it in GA.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    After reporting a suspected cheat, can we expect any communication in return explaining results of inquiry or any actions taken? I feel like cheating belittles my efforts and without any form of feedback, I'm getting pretty angry about things. The guy I reported yesterday is still sitting pretty in my GA group. I want to know why. If there is a legitimate reason , I could deal with it but as it stands I'm getting more and more bitter.

If you report a player, no you should not expect any response unless they require more information.

Yes action may be taken, but that is all dependent on what was done.

You should never expect your report to be result in an action that quick, and some results may not be possible, i.e. - being removed from the GA event.

Clarification on speed of action- there are many players and very few devs who handle this topic, by sheer numbers they may not even see the report for days after it is made. These reports are taken very seriously and the investigation of the sevarity can take time.
  • Hmmm... I don't feel that is acceptable. I feel the honest player base deserves an explanation or a show of force. I do however appreciate that there will be little you can do to change that policy, @Kyno .
    Could you tell me how I can go about escalating this further?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @DarthZeroDan

Please feel free to send a direct message CG_Leviathan or CG_SBCrumb if you wish to discuss this further.
  • @Kyno Yeah that makes sense. It would be false reports galore. Tragic
  • Yea most games wont tell u how it went after reporting cause of privacy stuff
  • I got a message of another CG person added to my filing and offender disappeared. Had pic showing him and me both at #1. My 320k fleet vs his 72k :)
  • Dieter
    13 posts Member
    How could you even cheat in the game? I feel like how it’s always checked with the server whenever you do anything would prevent any weird stuff from happening..?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Dieter wrote: »
    How could you even cheat in the game? I feel like how it’s always checked with the server whenever you do anything would prevent any weird stuff from happening..?

Battles are completed on your device. Only the results are sent back to the server.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dieter wrote: »

There is no discussion of "how to cheat" on the forum.
This discussion has been closed.