How to deal with stubborn players in arena?

How do you deal with an annoying player who keeps knocking you back during your payout hour. I knock him back down, he knocks me, I knock him. This happens 4 times, I know I could try to break it by taking a different path but then he wins...

Could it be beneficial for the game to not be able to attack another player more than 2 times in the same day? Any opinions on that?

Replies

• Do you know if he has the same payout time as you?

I’ve done this many times as I’m not in an arena chat. I figured out pretty fast if they hit me back right away, I’ve hit them in their payout. Then I take mental notes of who it is and avoid them.
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Do you know if he has the same payout time as you?

I’ve done this many times as I’m not in an arena chat. I figured out pretty fast if they hit me back right away, I’ve hit them in their payout. Then I take mental notes of who it is and avoid them.

He used 4 attacks on me, I am assuming that it is his payout, if not the he's just being an @22 to me
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Its called competition. This is exactly what is supposed to happen.
  • Hopefully he figures it soon that is also your payout.
  • Find your arena shard...or find him with in-game chat.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Why do you keep running into a wall when you can go around the wall.

Just saying
  • How do you deal with an annoying player who keeps knocking you back during your payout hour. I knock him back down, he knocks me, I knock him. This happens 4 times, I know I could try to break it by taking a different path but then he wins...

Could it be beneficial for the game to not be able to attack another player more than 2 times in the same day? Any opinions on that?

And your calling someone else stubborn?
  • G20 wrote: »

Just saying

Because if I let him get away with it he will just keep doing it, the point is for BOTH to agree to stay off one another
  • How do you deal with an annoying player who keeps knocking you back during your payout hour. I knock him back down, he knocks me, I knock him. This happens 4 times, I know I could try to break it by taking a different path but then he wins...

He started it, he attacked me first
  • Communication
  • If it's squad arena you could message him and offer a mutual non-aggression agreement. Should be plenty of other targets available rather than fighting each other pointlessly.

How are you telling who is attacking you

How are you telling who is attacking you

Seriously? If I'm 30 and he is 38 and then 5 mins later he is 30 and I'm 38 is it hard to tell who it is?
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    If it's squad arena you could message him and offer a mutual non-aggression agreement. Should be plenty of other targets available rather than fighting each other pointlessly.

His profile won't allow me to add him as ally or message him
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    G20 wrote: »

Just saying

Because if I let him get away with it he will just keep doing it, the point is for BOTH to agree to stay off one another

Simple solution!!!

Step 1: Beat him

Step 2: spend 50 crystals on immediate refresh

Step 3: fight next opponent

Thats what i always do when it happens to me

Or find your arena shard and hope he is also in that chat
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    Or after you beat him, invite as a friend and make a in game chat with him
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They probably won't ( and shouldn't) limit the amount of attacks between players.

What if you attack someone 2 times because they moved up around you, or you got knocked back by someone else, and then at your PO, they are sitting in 1 and thier PO has passed.... now you are locked out of a spot for your PO. That sounds like a terrible idea.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They probably won't ( and shouldn't) limit the amount of attacks between players.

What if you attack someone 2 times because they moved up around you, or you got knocked back by someone else, and then at your PO, they are sitting in 1 and thier PO has passed.... now you are locked out of a spot for your PO. That sounds like a terrible idea.

But if you attacked a player twice it means there must have been some back and forth between you. You just don't encounter people 3 times in a row unless you've been in each other's way the entire time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

But if you attacked a player twice it means there must have been some back and forth between you. You just don't encounter people 3 times in a row unless you've been in each other's way the entire time.

Not at all. There are plenty of situations that can result in you attacking the same person, because they happen to be your max jump and them not hitting you at all.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    How do you deal with an annoying player who keeps knocking you back during your payout hour. I knock him back down, he knocks me, I knock him. This happens 4 times, I know I could try to break it by taking a different path but then he wins...

Either take a different path or be equally stubborn and keep hitting him. Perhaps reach out to him through in-game chat.

It's an arena. Anyone should be able to attack whomever they like at any time.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Do you know if he has the same payout time as you?

He used 4 attacks on me, I am assuming that it is his payout, if not the he's just being an @22 to me

He might think the same of you. Try reaching out to him and find out.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Don't act like a 7 year old. Figure out how to get in touch with him.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Not at all. There are plenty of situations that can result in you attacking the same person, because they happen to be your max jump and them not hitting you at all.

If you do your max jump it means he's not going to be able to do his jump without knocking you back. He need 2 attacks to go around you and when he does that he's automatically of your max jump, he would have to do a 3rd attack and get only a +1 or +2 to get back on your max jump. So he just spent 3 attempts and you're still on your 1st. Then you attack him again, he must do another 3 attacks to get back in your max jump. I bet this has never happened in the history of the game