Kit Reveal: Darth Revan

Replies

• R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    All those specials are mighty pointless if the opponent runs a zMaul lead and their Bastila (Fallen) goes first, spams Corrupted Battled Meditation, and hits your Bastila with Fear. Then Nihilus reduces cooldowns, Sion spams pain with his AoE, and Traya isolates Darth Revan. Wash, rinse, and repeat

This faction has no obvious way to cleanse pain, resist cooldown reduction, or counterattack. You can probably get Nihilus to annihilate before they are able to use anything other than their basics (with Nihilus, Bastila and Traya all reducing cooldowns, their Bastila and Revan will be be at -2 before they even take a turn). They'll just be stuck hacking away at Sion (better make him extra beefy).

Even the +15 speed bonus from the Ferocity stacks won't help, because it doesn't apply until they take a turn - "At the start of each Sith Empire ally's turn, they gain 5 stacks of Ferocity for 2 turns." By that point it's too late, particularly if Bastila is missing a turn due to Fear.

There's a counter team: zMaul, Bastila (Fallen), and the Sith triumvirate. Not reliant on foresight, assists, counterattacks, or buffs, and will always get to go first thanks to the zMaul leadership.

Am I missing something?

Also does Corrupted Battle Meditation under Darth Revan lead prevent Isolate or Fracture? That probably needs to be clarified (although it shouldn't affect this counter team).

I believe DR lead team can still beat this counter. Let’s theory craft here. It depends on DR speed. But for argument sake let’s say his speed is the same as JKR. 160 base speed. You said you would outspeed BSF with your BSF. BSF base speed is 148. Decent speed would be 140+ speed as that’s about what’s common speed set. So that’s 288 speed. Plus the 20% tm that’s 345 speed. If she’s that fast to go first I don’t think her potency will be that high to land fear. As BSF has the 50% tenacity gain from her Sith Apprentice unique added to whatever her tenacity is with mods. Mine is 60% tenacity but I will be remodding her for more tenacity to overcome this strategy. DR shares Sith Apprentice unique so gets the tencity bonus. Stealth counts as a buff so SM will get up to 50% more tencity from his unique. HK unique gives him 50% tenacity as well. As this is the start of the battle the ferocity debuffs having kicked in to lower their tencity yet. SiT will be the only one not getting a tenacity bonus.

But let’s say your Fear lands since your NSF has 50% potency from her unique. Your target won’t be able to target BSF it will be SiT. Since SiT enters the battle taunting. Now she has to hope to hit BSF or someone with the random fear. Let’s say it does hit BSF. SiT is still taunting. You said DN will force drain which is an aoe that bring BSF out of fear as well as SiT. I don’t think 4 with the tenacity will have their cd increased as there were only 2 who were debuffed. SiT will has his cd increased. But let’s say they all have their abilities increased. Sion I think won’t land pain for the same reasons high tenacity. But let’s say it sticks. And Traya isolates DR as that’s unavoidable. Maul does his aoe daze. Same as before don’t think it will stick.

Everyone has went so now the enemy goes. BSF will give you Corrupt Battle Meditation and that shuts down a lot of things for that team that relies on debuffs to control the battle. Difference being your BSF doesn’t have force bonds as your leader isn’t DR. As it’s force bonds that stop enemy from inflicting debuffs. So when the enemy BSF goes your team can no longer inflict debuffs.

BSF has her cd increased so she can’t use her special and will use a basic. Now she has + 75 speed. And all the negative status effects. But since you can’t inflict debuffs her having lower tencity doesn’t matter anymore. It’s just lower defense by 40%. She got a bonus if 50% so it pretty much cancel it out. Also traya leadership won’t give health and protection to sith since they can’t inflict a debuff anymore. You don’t have anyone strong enough to take her out before her next turn as that’s when she will start to shift the control by to DR team.

Because when BSF turn comes again she will use wild lightning which can’t be Evaded. And will give you shock stopping that character from going into stealth. She will have 10 ferocity as they last for 2 turns. Her debuffs will stick from the as the ferocity is giving her +80% potency, plus the +50% from her unique. Plus whatever she has in mods and base potency. Mine is 80%. Will remod to make higher as well. So that’s 210% potency. Sion has base tenacity of 50%. And 100% tenacity against opponents who have pain. So it’s has a good chance to stick. If it stick so he can’t go into stealth anymore. Let’s say it does. SiT get defense up since a special was used. The next Sith Empire character to go do a special to get SiT to taunt again to soak up damage.

Since BSF landed shock and Sion can no longer stealth. DR can hit him with his basic to give him buff immunity. Also he has 100% damage penetration. Plus he still has his 50% offense from BSF unique.

SM will have 10 stack by his 2nd turn. So minimum that’s 25 debuffs on the field just count the opponent’s side. He will get 80% offense from the 10 stacks of ferocity. Then get 50% offense from his unique because of the 25 stacks of debuffs on the opponent side of the field. Then 10% for the 5 debuffs on your side because of corrupted battle meditation. As everyone but DR has 5 stacks of ferocity. So he will have 140% offense. 100% off that offense is offset by Sion 100% defense he has for an enemy with pain on him. SM will also have 100% cc as he gets 10% cc for each stack of ferocity. And should be geared for 216% cd minimum. He Gets 50% cd from all sith empire putting him at 266% cd minimum. And since he will crit with his attack that will take 15% of Sion’s max health if it doesn’t kill him which it won’t. SiT is now taunting again.

Then HK can finish off Sion with his aoe that does true damage that ignores defense and will attack 5 additional times because of the corrupted battle meditation on all your toons. Hk will have 10 stacks of ferocity as well. Giving him 80% offense. He gets 50% offense from his unique.

If he’s not finished off by all of that when BSF goes next. She with give Sion fear and someone else randomly. Right before he gets to use held by hatred. Also when bsf uses fear on Sion the 6 debuffs are automatically transferred to 3 who don’t have feared. Offense down, speed down, evasion down, cd down, expose, and stagger. With evasion down can’t miss attacks anymore so will start to pick character off slowly. DN only would have had 3 turns by now. I don’t think he would get Annihilate the 4 turn. They will kill Sion for sure by this time and then stop DN. Then slowly start to fall apart because they can’t inflict debuffs. So while it may have a good start I don’t think they will win long term wise.
  • Random question. Can stagger reduce the TM of Sith Empire under DR if there are no other debuffs? It should depend on the order of things, which I don’t know. Is stagger cleansed and then the TM reduction happens? Or the other way around?
  • Random question. Can stagger reduce the TM of Sith Empire under DR if there are no other debuffs? It should depend on the order of things, which I don’t know. Is stagger cleansed and then the TM reduction happens? Or the other way around?

Nope just like how it doesnt work on zVader or Jolee
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ahhh... So the whole team is immune to stagger?

• Fulcrum Lead, Wampa, Nest, Ackbar. R2

Fulcrum wont be able to dispel Dearhmark tho
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Random question. Can stagger reduce the TM of Sith Empire under DR if there are no other debuffs? It should depend on the order of things, which I don’t know. Is stagger cleansed and then the TM reduction happens? Or the other way around?

Nope just like how it doesnt work on zVader or Jolee

That's not really the same, Vader and Jolee's unique is 100% uptime on turn meter reduction, it's always active. Darth Revan's leader gives turn meter reduction ONLY when debuffed. The question you answered particularly asked how stagger works when it is the only debuff.

I can't personally answer it as it is completely based on how stagger works and I don't know the order. If it is cleansed and then the turn meter is reduced then yes, stagger will work. If the turn meter is reduced and then stagger is cleansed then no, they will be immune to it.
  • The kit is so one sided it could have some funny results. It seems that DR teams destroy JKR teams by design so, very soon in arena, we’ll have a first layer of DR teams followed by a wall of JKR teams. Even if a harcounter team to DR is found, the wall of JKR will act as a protection for DR. You may have the team to beat DR but how will you go through the JKR wall to reach him?
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    The kit is so one sided it could have some funny results. It seems that DR teams destroy JKR teams by design so, very soon in arena, we’ll have a first layer of DR teams followed by a wall of JKR teams. Even if a harcounter team to DR is found, the wall of JKR will act as a protection for DR. You may have the team to beat DR but how will you go through the JKR wall to reach him?

They use their own JKR to do that?
    Everyone in top200 has a JKR by now.
  • Globuhl wrote: »
    The kit is so one sided it could have some funny results. It seems that DR teams destroy JKR teams by design so, very soon in arena, we’ll have a first layer of DR teams followed by a wall of JKR teams. Even if a harcounter team to DR is found, the wall of JKR will act as a protection for DR. You may have the team to beat DR but how will you go through the JKR wall to reach him?

They use their own JKR to do that?
    Everyone in top200 has a JKR by now.

im in top 100 and dont have JKR
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Well how fast is JKR team? Will they still get to go first? Should be faster than Sith Assasin still?
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I understand that DR and the Triumvirate would be OP, and I get that his position as a true Sith was strained, but don’t call his Leader ability “Lord of the Sith,” and then not involve any Sith synergy...

What exactly do you call Bastila Shan Fallen, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Maurader then?

The Leader ability never explicitly states “Sith” instead of “Sith Empire.” So don’t call it “Lord of the Sith”. Call it “Lord of the Sith Empire”

That's a different issue. You claimed there was no sith synergy

There isn’t. Give me one place in the text where it says Sith instead of Sith Empire.

He's not a general sith leader. But you claimed he's got no sith synergy. Through Sith Empire, he synergizes with four tagged sith. (Synergy with sith). He works with the sith that he would actually be associated with.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I understand that DR and the Triumvirate would be OP, and I get that his position as a true Sith was strained, but don’t call his Leader ability “Lord of the Sith,” and then not involve any Sith synergy...

What exactly do you call Bastila Shan Fallen, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Maurader then?

The Leader ability never explicitly states “Sith” instead of “Sith Empire.” So don’t call it “Lord of the Sith”. Call it “Lord of the Sith Empire”

There isn’t. Give me one place in the text where it says Sith instead of Sith Empire.

He's not a general sith leader. But you claimed he's got no sith synergy. Through Sith Empire, he synergizes with four tagged sith. (Synergy with sith). He works with the sith that he would actually be associated with.

True. But nothing in his kit specifies “Sith” synergy. Just his own Sith Empire. So I think a more fitting title for his leader ability is “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Clearly I’m getting more worked up about this than I should be, but I’d just like accuracy. That’s all I want.
  • Nihion wrote: »

True. But nothing in his kit specifies “Sith” synergy. Just his own Sith Empire. So I think a more fitting title for his leader ability is “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Clearly I’m getting more worked up about this than I should be, but I’d just like accuracy. That’s all I want.

He was granted the title dark lord of the sith by emperor viciate but he created the sith empire so hes lead makes since especially if u understand his story plus if his kit was based on sith it could have broken the game more the jkr
  • @CG_Carrie If it was decided to delay DR until next week late last night (3/20/19), why was the announcement not pushed first thing the following morning (3/21/19)? The announcement wasn’t until 5PM today, leaving 16+ hours, from the normal launch time of 1AM, for the community to sit and ponder what is happening. Typically you’re transparent with most things, but I don’t think I am alone when I say, I feel a little neglected on this one. I’m sure it was unintentional and your team had to wait to see if the event could in fact launch today. A warning in the morning would’ve been nice though. i.e. “Hey everyone, we are running a fine tooth comb through DR now, we hope to launch today but there could be unforeseen errors that cause us to postpone launch until next week. More to follow...”
  • Probably had to do with procedures and permissions needed to post big things like that
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Am I missing something?

- Bastilla won't prevent debuffs with Corrupted Battle Meditation without Revan, while Revan's Bastilla will. /quote]

Thanks! I was indeed missing something. That's too bad - I was hoping there was something that would break up the speed-based mirror matches. I'll keep looking.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb

Hi Crumb, will SA be getting a rework or rewording to her abilities to help synergy? Having re-read her abilities I've noticed two things:
    A) her TM giving special says 'Sith allies'. This would mean HK would not benefit from the TM gain. Intentional?

B.) the same special also clears all debuffs from here - I would assume, like the whole Traya passive cleansing, this wouldn't be appropriate for DR Revan teams as it will clear Ferocity

Really good point/question! 👌
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Now that we have the kits for this new DR team, does anybody else feel like DR might not hold on defense against JKR? I mean if he doesnt hold on defense, then the meta wont change...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb

Will Sith Trooper's unique be updated to take Sith Empire allies into consideration? Same goes for Fallen Bastila's basic (critical chance and damage)?

C'mon son. Did you stop answering questions entirely or what?

I just did a whole discussion about how kit mechanics are probably what's delaying the release. I think we may be on to something...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    From observing the DR team kits as they are now, I really dont see how this team will hold on defense to JKR. There is nothing to stop JKR from going first, and then taking out F Bastilla, and then it's pretty easy pickings from there...

And if DR doesn't hold on defense, then arena is still going to be broken...
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    From observing the DR team kits as they are now, I really dont see how this team will hold on defense to JKR. There is nothing to stop JKR from going first, and then taking out F Bastilla, and then it's pretty easy pickings from there...

Bastila (Fallen) gains Foresight at the start of JKR's turn and has +70% max health. JKR cannot kill her with direct focus
  • Not going to lie I kind of want DR's leader ability to simply be "Lord" to go with the single word abilities that him and JKR would have.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »

But dont think a direct focus will kill bsf in one go especially with the 75% bonus health and the defense she gets at the start and shes probably going to be as tanky as jolee is if not more so killing at the start probably wont happen but after there first turns and dr gives 5 more ferocity stacks on top of the 5 they will get when they go they will out speed jkr by alot and will do massive dmg is how i see it going
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

He was granted the title dark lord of the sith by emperor viciate but he created the sith empire so hes lead makes since especially if u understand his story plus if his kit was based on sith it could have broken the game more the jkr

Right, so call it “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Because he created the Sith Empire, not the Sith. So the ability has synergy with Sith Empire, not the Sith. So he’s the only “Lord of the Sith Empire,” not the only “Lord of the Sith.” Get it?