Zetas and damage output

I'm one of those players that has a slow time farming Zetas but during the times I've gotten one and used it on a toon like r2 for example I previously had only one of its 2 Zetas filled when I finally got the second skill done r2 managed to shoot up in the ranks in galactic power coming in like close to some of my better gear 12 toons and still only being gear 11 at the time. My question is probably stupid but how much of an impact will it have on a toon's overall damage output when they get Zeta'd? Like for example if I were to give boba fett his zeta which doesnt offer any attack boost or anything outside of protection recovery on a kill during his turn? Despite the moderate galactic power boost which I dont recall having a big impact on actual damage dealt from attacks what benefit does the toon get besides whatever the zeta offered?

Replies

• If the zeta doesn't have something explicitly saying something like; "so-and-so gains X amount of offense or X amount of armor penetration or X amount of Crit damage" Zetas will have 0 impact on damage output.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    I'm one of those players that has a slow time farming Zetas but during the times I've gotten one and used it on a toon like r2 for example I previously had only one of its 2 Zetas filled when I finally got the second skill done r2 managed to shoot up in the ranks in galactic power coming in like close to some of my better gear 12 toons and still only being gear 11 at the time. My question is probably stupid but how much of an impact will it have on a toon's overall damage output when they get Zeta'd? Like for example if I were to give boba fett his zeta which doesnt offer any attack boost or anything outside of protection recovery on a kill during his turn? Despite the moderate galactic power boost which I dont recall having a big impact on actual damage dealt from attacks what benefit does the toon get besides whatever the zeta offered?

Zetas don’t increase any stats other than what they describe. So Boba gets no additional damage increase for his zeta - he just regains full protection when he kills an enemy.

Equipping a zeta adds extra gp, because GP just indicates an approximate measure of character effectiveness, and the gp increase corresponds to the character being more effective due to its zeta.
  • Nothing GP isn't a measurement of damage its more of a measurement of investment. This can easily be seen in gear, a piece of gear @g7 adds less GP than the same piece of gear @g8
  • Ezra is the only example of a character that only gains damage from a Zeta (worth it).
  • Ezra is the only example of a character that only gains damage from a Zeta (worth it).

Han solo?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    A toons GP doesn't mean they do more damage. So if imagine if CUP did 5k damage on basic and had a zeta ability that would recover 5% health every turn, my CUP would still do 5k damage on his basic after applying the zeta. His GP would go up but his stats are unchanged

Han solo?

What about him? He doesn’t gain a % from his zeta. Ge gains a second a shot dealing 50% less damage. Read the OP’s question.
  • Psycosaltine
    481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Op dosnt say anything about % and neither did you. it says damage output double tap means more damage. Paw wuld be prided I can readz

Edit: missed a period. (Can boys get pregnant? Do I need to stop at the pharmacy??? Kinda freaking out here.)
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @Holy_warrior Zeb says hi.

Ezra also gets more TM from no debuffs, and defense up for 2 turns. Not just damage.