To sim, or, not to sim, that is the question (Rancor)

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited March 2019
I'm just wondering how many guilds out there are planning to sim if they can now or soon

Would be interesting to know too how much GP each guild is and how many active players
Post edited by jayjonbeach on

Replies

• We just stopped simming, and I’m glad we did. All simming really does is accommodate the lazy and apathetic players in the guild since they take 0s regularly. My guild voted to just keep manually doing it since getting more gear to the top players Indeed helps the guild out a lot more. At least with our guild dynamics it does anyway, I know it’s different for many other guilds. We also judged the time spent with rancor and 7-10 min really isn’t that big of a deal.

When haat gets simmable that will be a different story since that takes way longer
  • We've got ours on sim and it's great
  • We have ours on SIM and no complaints thus far. Only like 5 to 10 people actually fought it anyway. Most of the time it was different people, just depended on who was in game and remembered it was open at the time. So it's hard to say how beneficial or detrimental it is. I like it personally cause I usually forgot about it or it started at times I wasn't available. Random placement payout stinks compared to the rewards I get now. But again this is my opinion and haven't heard any complaints from our members. I'm sure it would get switched back to manually if there was, because like someone else said, 7 to 10 minutes actually playing the raid isn't a deal breaker. Tank would be a much welcome simming option as well.
  • Anderle
    119 posts Member
    We thought about simming but came to the conclusion, that at least 20+ players should do pit regulary.
  • Sim. Use the qol.
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Simming it. The 12-14 people who solod it, are getting less rewards overall. It's kinda neat to know we all get the same rewards.

The most important thing is I get my 15 minutes back.
  • We're still debating, currently not simming. The most vocal and active members of the guild are the ones who regularly solo it. The votes for simming are the ones who don't usually participate. Currently standing at 8 opposed and 3 for simming, with everyone else just not chiming in, so we are running manual for now. Guild GP 160mil
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    As the guild gets on average 11-15 spot stuff. that means 10 people willl get less gear but 30 ish will receive more. If youre working for the guild, best to go for the simming. if for yourself (which isnt necessarily bad), then do it manually
  • papy72
    182 posts Member
    My guild has simmed since it became an option. I can see us switching back and forth if someone wanted to play it out for the title or something like that.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Out of 4 raids we got 3 full pieces

I think this is the real clincher here. The Solo shards are great [even when 7* for use in shard-store aka gear store], but the game revolves around a gear bottleneck, and Rancor is one of the best solutions that exists. I find the G9 bottleneck the biggest PITA; furnaces, cuffs, callers, guns, nubians etc; and Rancor is where you get this stuff and if in top 10 often a fully crafted which is so nice and so much better than 10-12 pieces.

I also think the guild makeup and how many are active are big factors. If >25 people have >30 G12 toons and likely then >2.5GP, they are really the ones don't need the gear as much. On the flip side, if there at least as many under those parameters, they really need the gear to help with the bottleneck.
    As the guild gets on average 11-15 spot stuff. that means 10 people willl get less gear but 30 ish will receive more. If youre working for the guild, best to go for the simming. if for yourself (which isnt necessarily bad), then do it manually

This is kind of what I'm referring to as well. If only 30 people are active, I don't think simming is worth it overall, but if guild has 38+, then it likely would be but again I think it depends on how many young crews players have

• Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Today will be the guild's fourth sim. Out of the three, we got a fully crafted once, stun guns once, and the other was mediocre rewards.
  • I guess it also depends on how you define "active." Like, we have 50 players who are on most days, contributing their 600. Probably 45 who are on daily. But when it comes to guild activities we see a sharp decline. There are probably only 10 of us who actively participate in raids, maybe a few more for HSith since half the guild is still leveling Traya. Most of the guild seemed content before simming to just hit join and collect the zero damage rewards. We probably get 45 to sign up for TW, 35-40 who set defense, and 25 who attack. And it seems to be the same 20 who carry us through TB every go, and rally the rest to even deploy. So we've come to a (mildly contested) agreement that the "active" players deserve the chance to get the better rewards that not simming brings. No malice in the decision at all, just a feeling that those who play more deserve more. But I can see it from both sides for sure. I wish the rewards were better; as posted by others the simmed rewards are a big drop in quality for those of us who regularly place top 10. If they were even a little better I'd be all for simming every time. And I'd happily sim HAAT in a heartbeat. I'm full up on all that gear, as are most of my guildmates.
  • We are gathering data still. Waiting for a full piece to drop, and we're 0/5 on that so far. I personally like getting the guaranteed extra currency, which for my account is more helpful to buy more carbs and cuffs. I am still on the fence myself about how well it's working out, but we are gathering data and will make a decision eventually.
  • We’re still doing it manually. We only have 10 or so people that hit it and we have players who haven’t posted damage on rancor in years. We’re not interested in giving those players better rewards. We want to keep the players who actually hit the Rancor happy.
  • Sim sim sim
  • Kilker
    31 posts Member
    Top guilds should be simming rancor. Most ppl miss a rancor raid because it’s over in 10 min. Posting damage has nothing to do with activity level. My guild may have 20 ppl solo it. Only ppl that are hurt by simmin are the ones rng put in top 10. Simming means better rewards over all which lead to better guild progression.
  • We are simming it but results vary. And for those that say the whole guild gets the same rewards that's incorrect as I have at best gotten one piece of gear each time and best was 25 nub designs rest were 20 pieces of raid gear and others in our guild are getting way different rewards with some getting full pieces and lots getting 2 different gear pieces
  • Kilker wrote: »
    Most ppl miss a rancor raid because it’s over in 10 min. Posting damage has nothing to do with activity level.

This. If I could run the Rancor anytime of day or if I had 30-45 minute window to post damage, then fine. But I can’t just drop a call with a client in the middle of the workday to squeeze into an extremely narrow 8-10 minute window. By the time I can usually get to it, it’s 10-15 minutes after it opens and it’s already done by then. Has nothing to do with being “lazy” or not caring about rewards...and it takes no skill to solo auto it so it’s not like the people who can log in during the very brief window it’s open are doing hard work there.