Starting Team other than Phoenix Squad for Alt-Account

Hi All,

I am level 72 on my main account and started with Phoenix squad. Now I am having a very hard time staying just in the top 500. My toons are all level 70, gear 7 with most of their special abilities at 7 and star levels of 6-7. I'm trying to do a better start this time around to see if I can make it higher in the arena and do better overall in general.

I also want to try and play with a different team as I am a little bored with Phoenix squad. I am not particularly interested in Thrawn (I already have him on the other account) or EP, and if needed, could get them down the road.

Any suggestions on what I should pursue? Also, I am F2P.

I am thinking of using either scoundrels or first order as my starting team this time around, but I would be open to any suggestions other than phoenix.

I am also open to any tips, tricks, suggestions or anything that I can do to make my gameplay better overall. I'd also consider phoenix if that is the ONLY viable option early game, but I'd like to explore other options if possible.

Replies

• Bastilia Jedi is the obvious one.
  • First order or NS work well beginning as well
  • BH. It is a good counter for phoenix, and will give you a headstart for several areas in the game, such as events, legendary chewie and Millenium Falcon. It has awesome ships, allows you to do credit heist and Rebel roundup (which give you plenty of shards).

I managed to stay between 30-50 in arena prior to revan. Spend some crystals to get Bossk ASAP. Get dengar everytime it appears in the guild store.

And are fun to play!
  • NNWO
    17 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Bastilia Jedi is the obvious one.

Their not a starting team.... unless you pay
  • NNWO wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Bastilia Jedi is the obvious one.

Their not a starting team.... unless you pay

DS 5B is pretty easy to beat F2P early game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    azaddjaal wrote: »
    I am also open to any tips, tricks, suggestions or anything that I can do to make my gameplay better overall. I'd also consider phoenix if that is the ONLY viable option early game, but I'd like to explore other options if possible.

Whatever faction you choose as your first focus, you need to time your entry to the arena with the creation of a new shard. If you're unlucky to join as level 25 (?) with the top of your shard already at level 50-60 you won't climb high no matter which faction you focus on. In young shards most players are still active, so you need to have a head start, to reach the top.
  • For an alt, I would start with Jedi. Specifically Bastila, Jolee, Obi-Wan (Old Ben), Kanan and Ezra. It give you a really good starting team, and it also gives you 5 Jedi for Grand Master Yoda, 2 Old Republic toons for Jedi Knight Revan, 2 Phoenix/Rebels for Thrawn or EP if you decide you want them, and Old Ben for Commander Luke so none of the farms are wasted really.

For me personally, if I started and alt account I would just start with whichever team I have wanted and just haven't had a chance to farm. Maybe First Order? Bounty Hunters are a lot of fun too. I dunno, I'd say go wth whatever makes you happy!
  • My first team was Rogue One. Against Phoenix, it was not hard at all to win
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'd recommend sticking to your primary account instead of starting a second.

As far as Phoenix goes, it's just a good starting point. Granted, they have great synergy, which helps teach you what to look for in a team. They also help you blast through Galactic War easily, and the Light Side missions. They're useful in Rebel Territory Battles, Territory Wars, and Grand Arena. You should already be able to farm most of the other factions, provided that you've been unlocking the nodes. First Order, a Bastila Jedi team Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters, Resistance, and so forth. If all you're wanting to do is use a different faction, stick to the account you have and farm away.

Trust me. You may not think so now, but later on, you'll look back and be thankful that you farmed Phoenix and stuck to the account instead of starting a second so soon.

I like to equate Phoenix to Bendack's Blaster from Kotor. In that early area on Taris, Bendack's blaster is like the best weapon you can get your hands on. BUT then you go to Dantooine, pick up force powers, get a light saber, and Bendack's Blaster looses some of the punch it once had. Phoenix is like that. It's great early game, but eventually, one needs to move on to a better team.

Lord Grahck
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Maybe Galactic Republic and Separatists?
    Might be fun.....obviously Phoenix is the “best” option.
    However you could build
    1. Clones (Also have ships)
    2. Jedi (Also have ships)
    3. Separatists —> Geos, Nute, Dooku and Droids.
    4. Bounty Hunters

This selection would let you unlock GMY, Chewie, Padme, MFalc
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I'd recommend FO. They have decent ships and you need quite a few DS ships to unlock the Zeta challenge also.
  • camper288
    211 posts Member
    Scoundrel team? Start by trading Lando at the Cantina, Boba Fett at the guild shop and the yellow energy, in the arena you will have 4 possibilities with Han ST, Greedo, IG-88 and Nute and in Galactic War you will get the Cad. Except that the lando will be hanging in the air, since the first team practically mounted is of bounty hunters and not of rebels.

The first order will complicate even more. Executor will only be available in the second phase of the Cantina which would make you have to hold energy, Kylo unmasked only in phase 3 of the Cantina. Masked Kylo you can pick up at the guild shop, the phasma in the galactic war, and the FOO in the currency of the Cantina.

If you want team divesity because you are already tired of playing with the phoenix, hang on a bit, they take you to a Jedi team (2 out of 5) and an Imperial team (2 out of 5). Against a Rebel and a resistance droid, the other teams have little to offer in terms of the variety of teams.
  • I made an alt account and did qira lead, vandor chewie, boba, cad bane, and zalbaar. Oof it was fun. I would recommend getting dengar, super fun and I stayed top 50 for a while.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    I'd say start with Scoundrels (change this to fully BH once you've got enough Bounty Hunters). After that Jedi are probably the best next choice.
  • My first team was Rogue One. Against Phoenix, it was not hard at all to win

same here but now am focusing on cls, it is going to take a long time