Darth Revan delays

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Now they are stating it has been delayed.

So now the premise of your speculation makes sense now. It still doesn't mean what you are stating it means. We have his kit. They are stating this is due to testing on the event.

???!!! I never said it did, I've been pretty clear that I am speculating. And my main point is they were not prepared to release this character, hence the delay. SMH
    I guarantee these delays are due to the fact that the devs are unable to find reasonable counters to Jedi Knight Revan. Its basically fact that JKR is the most ridiculously op character of all time, so much so that he has completely broken arena. And this fact is supported by the outrageous statistics, as JKR now has 90%+ of the meta. And the majority of the player base (even those with Revan) have been bored to death with the broken gameplay. I have been stating for a long time how dangerous for the game it was to create such a ridiculously op character, but no changes have been made. And now I am 99.9% sure that these Darth Revan delays are due to the fact that they are unable to create a serious counter to JKR without again breaking the game.

Any other thoughts on the delay?

I must have been confused that your speculation was about the delays being related to the character and his kit.

maybe i missed it where you say they were not prepared to release the event that the character is being released through.

• Nevet
    20 posts Member
    Kynomite with the mic drop lol
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Doesnt appear to be kit related but rather journey tweaking

It's still speculation, which I have stated many times. Main point is all you people who said they've had this prepared for a long time are just straight up wrong.

Planned =/= prepared

They can have been planning this for 6 months and still not be prepared come release day.

Changes to software release dates are very common and most aren't considered delays. Having observed CGs behavior since your original post it is clear they missed their expectations on this and too much information had been released (pack timings, date slipped into video, kit reveal, no game update this week for the two reworks) to not consider this a slip at this point. This was not the case (some of these events had not yet occurred) when you posted so congratulations on your accurate prognostication.

However, you guaranteed it was because they couldn't find a counter to JKR. His kit was released on time so that doesn't seem to be the case.

One out of two. Not too bad.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't think it'll be delayed and should release by the 21st

Looks like they've already came up with a good JKR counter. I don't think the developers are too concerned with breaking the game. They like to apply bandages instead

Yea we'll see, my main point is that after over 6 months of preparation the fact that they are unsure about the release date is not a good sign. And a 1-2 week window, after advertising a march 21st release date is not an indicator that things are under control.

@Kyno : "maybe i missed it where you say they were not prepared to release the event that the character is being released through."

Yes you clearly missed this...

@Nevet : "Kynomite with the mic drop lol" ... not exactly, way to jump on the troll train though, lol 😂
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

It's still speculation, which I have stated many times. Main point is all you people who said they've had this prepared for a long time are just straight up wrong.

Planned =/= prepared

They can have been planning this for 6 months and still not be prepared come release day.

Changes to software release dates are very common and most aren't considered delays. Having observed CGs behavior since your original post it is clear they missed their expectations on this and too much information had been released (pack timings, date slipped into video, kit reveal, no game update this week for the two reworks) to not consider this a slip at this point. This was not the case (some of these events had not yet occurred) when you posted so congratulations on your accurate prognostication.

However, you guaranteed it was because they couldn't find a counter to JKR. His kit was released on time so that doesn't seem to be the case.

@jhbuchholz : Wow that was the most ridiculously over complicated way of saying I was right, I've ever seen. I think you may have beat out @Kyno for that trophy, lol

"They can have been planning this for 6 months and still not be prepared come release day."

Um, yea which is why I argued they were unprepared... my god 😱

It was other people posting that said I was wrong for thinking they would be unprepared after all this time.

And yes 1 out of 2 isnt bad considering the second part hasn't been confirmed yet, lol. I do really hope DR can hold on defense, but that hasn't been proven yet...
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

"They can have been planning this for 6 months and still not be prepared come release day."

But I dont think they planned for this.
    For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???
    this release doesn't seem like it was planned well
    I Put the key points in bold for all of you out there, who tried to say CG had this event ready to go for months

You seem to reference planning a lot in making an argument about being unprepared. And I, in an admittedly quick review of the thread, didn't see anyone claim they've "had this event ready to go for months". Just that they've had a plan for it for months.

As for the wordiness, yeah... I guess it was a long way of saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Realistically you could make this post any time it is clear a new character is coming. I would be willing to bet the General Grievous rework did not get released on time, for example. Software is almost never delivered "on time." It almost always changes dates several times without the customer being aware. This was an exception in that the date changes were not handled well and the customer became aware.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Corruptor wrote: »
    Nah they milking crystals for the horrible drop rate on carth onasi.
    Its 33% drop rate
  • Carth has the same drop rate as everybody else. It just feels lower because it's on an expensive fleet node.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Not sure if I should get excited or worried that the event needs such extensive testing and is supposed to be bigger. If I was a naive new player, I would probably be excited, but as a veteran...
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Its 33% drop rate

The overall droprate is 33% of course but you can still experience bad luck, when you consider that from cantina without refresh I get 4-5 shards\day for sith trooper but for example for Juhani today I got 3 shards from 3 refresh. I will be ready with the farm in a few day, just saying rhat there are days with really bad drops. And mostly we remember the bad, not the good in case of droprates.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???
    I Put the key points in bold for all of you out there, who tried to say CG had this event ready to go for months

You seem to reference planning a lot in making an argument about being unprepared. And I, in an admittedly quick review of the thread, didn't see anyone claim they've "had this event ready to go for months". Just that they've had a plan for it for months.

As for the wordiness, yeah... I guess it was a long way of saying that even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Realistically you could make this post any time it is clear a new character is coming. I would be willing to bet the General Grievous rework did not get released on time, for example. Software is almost never delivered "on time." It almost always changes dates several times without the customer being aware. This was an exception in that the date changes were not handled well and the customer became aware.

Semantics! If they weren't "prepared" to realease him on time, then the release was obviously poorly planned; simple as that. This is also evidenced by what seems to be recent unplanned changes to Bastilla.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Its 33% drop rate

That farm was insane, thank god I finished it 💪
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

Semantics! If they weren't "prepared" to realease him on time, then the release was obviously poorly planned; simple as that. This is also evidenced by what seems to be recent unplanned changes to Bastilla.

You can't say it's poorly planned without knowing other factors such as what was the timeframe , how many working on it etc.

Remember they've given us quite a lot of content since the turn of the year - HMF, C3PO, Emperor's shuttle, the other Kotor toons, ebon hawk, grevious rework, droids and a QoL update.

It's possible they only started working on Revan after GG stuff was done or even the QoL stuff. That's not long to design a toon that effectively needs to beat the most OP team ever. That to me also explains the late changes to Bastilla as they struggled to make it work. It's possible, from all the comments on his Kit Reveal, that additional testing is needed due to potential issues suggested by us, the community.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Doesn't seem wrong. You can't accept others are right.

??? So you're trying to say that they have had this prepared for months, and that's why there is a delay!? Or did just feel like saying I can't " accept others are right" just cause you felt like saying it.... with no evidence?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

You can't say it's poorly planned without knowing other factors such as what was the timeframe , how many working on it etc.

Remember they've given us quite a lot of content since the turn of the year - HMF, C3PO, Emperor's shuttle, the other Kotor toons, ebon hawk, grevious rework, droids and a QoL update.

It's possible they only started working on Revan after GG stuff was done or even the QoL stuff. That's not long to design a toon that effectively needs to beat the most OP team ever. That to me also explains the late changes to Bastilla as they struggled to make it work. It's possible, from all the comments on his Kit Reveal, that additional testing is needed due to potential issues suggested by us, the community.

Pretty much everything you just stated would argue that this was poorly planned, lol
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

Judging from the announcement, the delay is due to the event, not the kit. And the only suggestion from community concerning the event that appears here is "make it super hard so lowly peasants don't get him", so I hope that you are wrong.
  • First time I catch Meta chars event just on time but unfortunately it doesn't start yet. I spend a lot of crystals to make all 7* and good gear up to 21.03. This is not fair. I'm really StarWars fan and because of that, I'm spending my time and effort. But this kind of things is not good. Why do I spend a lot of crystals if it does not start at 21.03
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This should be interesting. All the work etc, that went into JKR, could be undone (in the arena anyway) with the release of Darth Revan. Where will this leave DT/DN/DS? Without a Sith/Empire tag they become less likely to be used, for lack of Synergy? Guess farming g12 salvage in STR heroic will be all it's good for?

Ya gotta love the Hamster wheel..
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    This should be interesting. All the work etc, that went into JKR, could be undone (in the arena anyway) with the release of Darth Revan. Where will this leave DT/DN/DS? Without a Sith/Empire tag they become less likely to be used, for lack of Synergy? Guess farming g12 salvage in STR heroic will be all it's good for?

The Triumvirate will still be a very strong team for TW/GA, useful in arena at lower positions that aren't occupied by DR, and most speculated counters to DR involve them.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Nauros wrote: »

The Triumvirate will still be a very strong team for TW/GA, useful in arena at lower positions that aren't occupied by DR, and most speculated counters to DR involve them.

Wonder who will be released next to counter Darth Revan, we know one will be coming. It would hilarious if they reworked a squad like Jawas or something equally silly. They should have reversed the release order and had Darth Revan first, then with the release of JKR they could have a rescue event like SWTOR's Maelstrom Prison.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019

The triumrative will still be a solid sith team. They pretty much used DR to create a whole new faction, so other sith dont have to be in his line ups. So you gotta think of the possible DR meta as a sith empire meta, not sith. I actually think Traya leads may be interesting against DR.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Wonder who will be released next to counter Darth Revan, we know one will be coming. It would hilarious if they reworked a squad like Jawas or something equally silly. They should have reversed the release order and had Darth Revan first, then with the release of JKR they could have a rescue event like SWTOR's Maelstrom Prison.

I honestly think that JKR will be able to beat DR on offense. I haven't seen anything related to the sith empire's abilities that tells me they will completely shut down Jedi Revan. A big part of this is that JKR was so terribly designed, so you cant truly counter him without breaking arena again. A lot of people are getting hyped up about all these specific anti-revan abilities, but so far I dont see how jkr wont beat this team on offense...
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

Ok. I see now. You're being obtuse on purpose. Well played. I'll pretend that we are both unaware that even the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry and instead congratulate you on presenting flawless circular logic. Nicely done sir!
  • The Scourge of the Old Republic??5069188-3695857418-lord_.jpg
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

Ok. I see now. You're being obtuse on purpose. Well played. I'll pretend that we are both unaware that even the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry and instead congratulate you on presenting flawless circular logic. Nicely done sir!

These forums need more Robbie Burns.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Statement: speculation
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well thats a delay...
    q3a7fyl1vfs1.jpg

Planned =/= prepared

What changes were unplanned?

The part where they name DR in her skill? And give her greater synergy with DR as DR is added into the game? Which they did by not making any changes, only additions?

Seems quite well planned to me.