DRevan event should end 3/28

Prev13
TJax
101 posts Member
Let’s be real, we don’t need this event to be open for a week to unlock DRevan. Keeping the unofficial but expected “unlock by” date keeps DRevan as exclusive as he ever would have been while allowing CG the time to work out the issues with the event.

There are only two arguments I can think of that can possibly create an “unfair” result for a player:

1. There wasn’t enough time to cash in shop currency (4 refreshes per day) for the gear I needed. The answer here is for CG to tell us what gear level the event is going to be tuned for so we can prepare as if the event started now.

2. A player was ready, but because of a personal emergency they are unable to log in and complete the 3 day event that would like take realistically 15 mins. This complaint would have to be handled on a case by case basis if CG wanted to make an accommodation at all and would be few and far between. Threaten would-be exploiters of this accommodation with a 1 week “attempted cheating” suspension and the individual cases to investigate would be very few and these complaints would pop up regardless of the event duration.

The arguments supporting this suggestion include
1. maintaining the release cadence expectations of the community
2. maintaining the expected returns of monetary investment in the game
3. reinforcing the confidence of increased returns resulting from crystal purchases - especially for the players who are cautiously warming up to the idea of spending money on a game they can play for free.

Thoughts?

Replies

• I like your thinking but I don’t see them doing this. The best we could hope for is an increase in difficulty, but I doubt they’ll do that either. They’ve really fluffed this release.
  • They don't change journeys between the first time and subsequent releases. Which means the way they give it to us initially has to be the way it's going to be later, and regardless of what you think should happen now, in the long run there is absolutely zero justification for Dark Revan to have stronger requirements than Light Revan.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    They don't change journeys between the first time and subsequent releases. Which means the way they give it to us initially has to be the way it's going to be later, and regardless of what you think should happen now, in the long run there is absolutely zero justification for Dark Revan to have stronger requirements than Light Revan.

Because we had significantly more time to farm the required toons?
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    They don't change journeys between the first time and subsequent releases. Which means the way they give it to us initially has to be the way it's going to be later, and regardless of what you think should happen now, in the long run there is absolutely zero justification for Dark Revan to have stronger requirements than Light Revan.

How is that relevant the second time the event comes? The third time? The fourth? If they changed difficulty levels between occurrences, you might have a point. They don't. There is absolutely no reason, in the long run, for Dark Revan to have a harder journey than Light Revan does. They are two sides of the same coin, and both sides should be treated the same.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »

How is that relevant the second time the event comes? The third time? The fourth? If they changed difficulty levels between occurrences, you might have a point. They don't. There is absolutely no reason, in the long run, for Dark Revan to have a harder journey than Light Revan does. They are two sides of the same coin, and both sides should be treated the same.

While a given event's difficulty doesn't change (except for the silly nerfing of the original GMY event). Each new event has gotten progressively more difficult than the previous event.

I expect the DR event to be more difficult than the JKR event based on the general principle of increasing event difficulty than CG has seemed to follow (generally speaking).

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I'm just **** that I worked hard to get him ready and now everybody gets more time, the result will be will be more DRevan in my shard.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member

They wouldn’t change the journey by expanding the duration of the subsequent release. We don’t play the journey all week, you complete it once and it’s done. Making this duration shorter doesn’t make it “harder” than any previous or future journey event.

The established release cadence led the community to believe that we needed to be ready to have DRevan unlocked by 3/28. That was always the deadline that all expected.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    I'm just **** that I worked hard to get him ready and now everybody gets more time, the result will be will be more DRevan in my shard.

Me too man, I would have liked to have had my scoundrels with some better gear for this GA but instead I’m sitting on 7 carbantis. It’s frustrating.
  • TJax wrote: »

They wouldn’t change the journey by expanding the duration of the subsequent release. We don’t play the journey all week, you complete it once and it’s done. Making this duration shorter doesn’t make it “harder” than any previous or future journey event.

The established release cadence led the community to believe that we needed to be ready to have DRevan unlocked by 3/28. That was always the deadline that all expected.

There is a lot of information about a journey that you simply don't have until it actually goes live. If the journey is shorter, you have less time to make adjustments. If it's easy anyway, that doesn't matter, but if it's hard it definitely could.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    TJax wrote: »

There is a lot of information about a journey that you simply don't have until it actually goes live. If the journey is shorter, you have less time to make adjustments. If it's easy anyway, that doesn't matter, but if it's hard it definitely could.

Which is why I said CG should tell us now what gear we should expect... if the event was live today, this forum would be full of people posting the gear that got them over the finish line.

This is only asking for information we would have if CG had adequate staffing to get the event finished on time.
  • TJax wrote: »
    TJax wrote: »

Which is why I said CG should tell us now what gear we should expect... if the event was live today, this forum would be full of people posting the gear that got them over the finish line.

This is only asking for information we would have if CG had adequate staffing to get the event finished on time.

That's fair.
  • TJax
    101 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    I like your thinking but I don’t see them doing this. The best we could hope for is an increase in difficulty, but I doubt they’ll do that either. They’ve really fluffed this release.

Why don’t you think this is something they will do?
  • It’s expected to be harder due to the language of the post made about it.
  • I like this but I don’t think they will do it, they’re suckers for repetition and don’t seen to like to change their formula.
  • Good idea
  • Well, it seems the OP would like DR unlockable only subject to 300+ speed on all toons, tenacity and potency not less than 90% on all toons, G12+ on everyone, and the event stays on for 10 minutes around 4:00 am once every 6 months, and has an intro movie that lasts at least 8 minutes per stage so you get a maximum of 2 minutes to pass a stage or timeout. That would make it hard on everyone, I guess?
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Calbear949 wrote: »

They changed yoda's event the second time!

Yes, they made it easier.
  • If it means that they actually catch the bugs before release then I'm okay with the delay.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Obviously not. The more people can get him, the better. Hope the event is as trivial as possible.
  • Vohbo wrote: »
    Obviously not. The more people can get him, the better. Hope the event is as trivial as possible.

You have no concept how bad that would be for this game.
  • Vohbo wrote: »

You have no concept how bad that would be for this game.

Yea would be in the exact same spot as we are now
  • I was going to be ready with or without the delay, but with that being said I don't think the delay is that big a deal. I just don't think that many more people are going to unlock him who wouldn't have if not for the delay. I could be wrong though.
  • Gonna be getting d.revan for free on my main and alt so i dont really care
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    How ?
    There are probably three kinds of people:
    1) Those that are completely ignoring the farm until much later
    2) Those that are farming it at regular pace, expecting to get it next time around
    3) People with tons of resources/moneys spending all of them to get Revan now

The only people for whom this matters is those in category 3 who are gonna fall like 20-25 shards short. Not many I wager.

And if THIS is bad for the game, then there is a far more fundamental balancing problem than just when a character is released. A problem that MUST be exposed before it can be fixed.
  • I stopped reading at "realistically take 15 minutes" XD XD XD I dont know if you've been paying attention but the expected difficulty is in line with 3p0 and chewie. the cut scenes alone may take 15 minutes
  • Lesson learned. I bought a 2k crystals pack for Carth to be ready for the 21th and now it's delayed.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Per the character release cadence, the new Journey event needs to last at least 7 days. So they can't shorten the event without breaking their very public promise to us.
  • Personally, I think I can get to within 50 crystals on the hard to get characters if the event takes 7 days from Monday. I’m willing to spend $40 and considering spending $80, but I won’t if the event ends early.

So if they want my money, the event will need to last 7 days.