Kit Reveal: Darth Revan

Replies

• Nihion wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I understand that DR and the Triumvirate would be OP, and I get that his position as a true Sith was strained, but don’t call his Leader ability “Lord of the Sith,” and then not involve any Sith synergy...

What exactly do you call Bastila Shan Fallen, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Maurader then?

The Leader ability never explicitly states “Sith” instead of “Sith Empire.” So don’t call it “Lord of the Sith”. Call it “Lord of the Sith Empire”

That's a different issue. You claimed there was no sith synergy

There isn’t. Give me one place in the text where it says Sith instead of Sith Empire.

He's not a general sith leader. But you claimed he's got no sith synergy. Through Sith Empire, he synergizes with four tagged sith. (Synergy with sith). He works with the sith that he would actually be associated with.

True. But nothing in his kit specifies “Sith” synergy. Just his own Sith Empire. So I think a more fitting title for his leader ability is “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Clearly I’m getting more worked up about this than I should be, but I’d just like accuracy. That’s all I want.

He was granted the title dark lord of the sith by emperor viciate but he created the sith empire so hes lead makes since especially if u understand his story plus if his kit was based on sith it could have broken the game more the jkr

Right, so call it “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Because he created the Sith Empire, not the Sith. So the ability has synergy with Sith Empire, not the Sith. So he’s the only “Lord of the Sith Empire,” not the only “Lord of the Sith.” Get it?

Lord of the sith is his title that he has had nothing ro do with him creating thd sith empire
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I understand that DR and the Triumvirate would be OP, and I get that his position as a true Sith was strained, but don’t call his Leader ability “Lord of the Sith,” and then not involve any Sith synergy...

What exactly do you call Bastila Shan Fallen, Sith Trooper, Sith Assassin and Sith Maurader then?

The Leader ability never explicitly states “Sith” instead of “Sith Empire.” So don’t call it “Lord of the Sith”. Call it “Lord of the Sith Empire”

There isn’t. Give me one place in the text where it says Sith instead of Sith Empire.

He's not a general sith leader. But you claimed he's got no sith synergy. Through Sith Empire, he synergizes with four tagged sith. (Synergy with sith). He works with the sith that he would actually be associated with.

True. But nothing in his kit specifies “Sith” synergy. Just his own Sith Empire. So I think a more fitting title for his leader ability is “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Clearly I’m getting more worked up about this than I should be, but I’d just like accuracy. That’s all I want.

He was granted the title dark lord of the sith by emperor viciate but he created the sith empire so hes lead makes since especially if u understand his story plus if his kit was based on sith it could have broken the game more the jkr

Right, so call it “Lord of the Sith Empire.” Because he created the Sith Empire, not the Sith. So the ability has synergy with Sith Empire, not the Sith. So he’s the only “Lord of the Sith Empire,” not the only “Lord of the Sith.” Get it?

Lord of the sith is his title that he has had nothing ro do with him creating thd sith empire

Well then why does the ability focus on his synergy with Sith Empire?!

Just going to put this out here, that's changing it to "Lord" would end this argument, cause then it could be either sith empire or simply sith
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »

Just going to put this out here, that's changing it to "Lord" would end this argument, cause then it could be either sith empire or simply sith

That’s a great idea! They should have let you design DR.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Entus wrote: »
    The goal isnt to create an unbeatable team..

They're aware of that. Which is why every team in the game is beatable. Darth Revan lead Sith Empire team will be as well.
    Hahahaha. Until Dr. Evan's bad medicine, which team beat JKR? The goal is to create an unbeatable team so people are forced to farm (or more accurately PAY) to win.
  • I am a bit disappointed that his synergy is with the weakest Sith rather than the strongest. While JKR can have JB, ****, Juhani with 5 skills and a zeta each. DR has Marauder, Trooper and Assassin with only 3 skills each and no Zeta. I'm curious to see how they will do against a JKR squad. DR himself looks awesome but I fear his weakness will be the rest of his squad.
    Let's wait and see :wink:
  • Shall we recall the case of the *simple* RT that goes rampant under the right circumstanes?
    Now, Sith Marauder: +2% critical chance, +2% offense, +2% for each debuff on all characters, lets start counting the number of debuffs on enemy AND own team dealt by DR and BSF. Also, the main danger to a DR team is their decreasing defense, which Marauder counters on his basic by decreasing enemy offense, and on his special he boosts even further own team with potency up.
    Sith Assassin - the special dark shroud is dispell all debuffs and gain stealth and foresight (so he actually self-cleanses the bad effects), and his second special dispells the positive buffs dealing 5% more damage for each of them.
    Sith Trooper has a special that gives him 5% protection up for each debuffed enemy and that means 25% since all enemies will be debuffed, and has 70% chance to deal offense down on all enemies thus negating the key risk to the DR led team, and his basic will benefit from the enemy being debuffed so always ignoring their protection.

I am sorry, but Darth Revan - Bastilla Shan Fallen - SM - SA - ST will by default trigger a self-feeding increasing damage cycle against everyone who does not have a faster Bastilla Shan Fallen team.

In fact I expect to see some crazy damage from them in HSTR and HAAT.
  • Hortus
    609 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I am a bit disappointed that his synergy is with the weakest Sith rather than the strongest.

That's what great leader does - makes the weak stronger.:) And it's actually a very good thing because allows you to form a new team without breaking other. May be irrelevant purely for Arena but very useful when you need more than one team - TW, TB, GA, Raids.
  • And I still don't have Revan or Traya, so even more excessive power creep doesn't make much difference. Long live zeta Finn! ;-)
    Tooling up my Tusken Raider for when they get their Bantha to crush all jedi and sith!
  • Hortus wrote: »
    I am a bit disappointed that his synergy is with the weakest Sith rather than the strongest.

That's what great leader does - makes the weak stronger.:) And it's actually a very good thing because allows you to form a new team without breaking other. May be irrelevant purely for Arena but very useful when you need more than one team - TW, TB, GA, Raids.
    That just means we have a poor choice to build the team. 3 good characters, 3 nonames. That's no very exciting.

Altazarus wrote: »
    In fact I expect to see some crazy damage from them in HSTR and HAAT.
    Haat maybe (but no tm control, so 1st and 3rd phase...). In hsith, with 0 def, Sion and Traya will destroy them.
  • So we are about to depart from a terrible meta to get into an even worse one. Good job guys. When will this money-grabbing frenzy end so we can get back to the awesome game we all started some years ago?
  • Lol so they basically all get 75 speed at the beginning of the fight? That's one big fat easy way to erase the Revan meta or whatever meta there might be. You were tired of mirror matches? Now you'll get absolute overpower by this guy then another streak of mirror matches. Happy?
  • And I will never say this enough: for all of you thinking about buying the new shiny fat one, please ask for refunds if they nerf him some days after the event ends. That's likely to happen, even if they took some more days to finally test a character before releasing it.
  • Wow...talk being totally op'd
  • evoluza wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb are you guys planning to change sith assasine?
    Ferocity and her special attack semm pretty broken. Please communicate that before people gear her.

Uhh geared years ago during the Maul meta. Plus she has a ship. Solid investment now
    | ANZGC | Exile |

The full title is Dark Lord of the Sith. It is a Sith title, equivalent to Jedi Master, and Darth Revan having Sith Empire synergy is irrelevant. There's no such title in lore as Lord of the Sith Empire.

If a Jedi Master were released who had synergy with Galactic Republic instead of a broad Jedi synergy, we wouldn't strip them of the Jedi Master title, right?

~Morningfrost
  • another overpowered, excessively complicated mess of a kit. yippee
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    From observing the DR team kits as they are now, I really dont see how this team will hold on defense to JKR. There is nothing to stop JKR from going first, and then taking out F Bastilla, and then it's pretty easy pickings from there...

And if DR doesn't hold on defense, then arena is still going to be broken...
    Bastila (Fallen) gains Foresight at the start of JKR's turn and has +70% max health. JKR cannot kill her with direct focus

What are you talking about? Foresight basically does nothing to stop direct focus. Also keep in mind she will get -15% def from direct focus, then after her first turn she'll have -100% def. So she definitely will get annihilated by DF.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    From observing the DR team kits as they are now, I really dont see how this team will hold on defense to JKR. There is nothing to stop JKR from going first, and then taking out F Bastilla, and then it's pretty easy pickings from there...

But dont think a direct focus will kill bsf in one go especially with the 75% bonus health and the defense she gets at the start and shes probably going to be as tanky as jolee is if not more so killing at the start probably wont happen but after there first turns and dr gives 5 more ferocity stacks on top of the 5 they will get when they go they will out speed jkr by alot and will do massive dmg is how i see it going

There is no way anybody on DR's team will be as tanky as Jolee, running around with -150% defense
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »

But dont think a direct focus will kill bsf in one go especially with the 75% bonus health and the defense she gets at the start and shes probably going to be as tanky as jolee is if not more so killing at the start probably wont happen but after there first turns and dr gives 5 more ferocity stacks on top of the 5 they will get when they go they will out speed jkr by alot and will do massive dmg is how i see it going

There is no way anybody on DR's team will be as tanky as Jolee, running around with -150% defense

Against a jkr team murder can be at times
    Especially if gmy spreads a bunch if buffs and with almost no ferocity debuffs

5savjexmejfb.jpg
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member

5savjexmejfb.jpg

Right he gets bonuses, but most of that defense will be offset against by their -150% defense. The one thing that gives DR a huge advantage is the fact that he could create a near infinite loop of fear with Bastilla. Which would kinda be ridiculous, cause your team would essentially be stunned the whole match...

5savjexmejfb.jpg

Right he gets bonuses, but most of that defense will be offset against by their -150% defense. The one thing that gives DR a huge advantage is the fact that he could create a near infinite loop of fear with Bastilla. Which would kinda be ridiculous, cause your team would essentially be stunned the whole match...

yep
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator

Bastila (Fallen) gains Foresight at the start of JKR's turn and has +70% max health. JKR cannot kill her with direct focus

What are you talking about? Foresight basically does nothing to stop direct focus. Also keep in mind she will get -15% def from direct focus, then after her first turn she'll have -100% def. So she definitely will get annihilated by DF.
    The meta team is JKR, Bastilla, Jolee, GMY, GK or Hoda in place of Bastilla,

Your argument in this quote chain was that JKR goes first, kills BSF and DR doesn't hold on defense. The minute BSF gets a turn, followed by any of Darth Revan's team, its game over.

There are only two damage dealers in that team. Foresight does alleviate some damage. JKR and GMY cannot one shot her in the first turn at full health + protection. I think GMY is the first to attack and expire the foresight, which makes it very important that she keeps gaining foresight. Even if they bounce around Strategic advantage, the foresight plays a role.

That's the only thing a JKR team has, the initial salvo. After they fail, HK will destroy them (100% more damage on true damage AOE). Bastilla will inflict CBM on them, and then Darth Revan perform insanity, followed by basic since they have CBM (Darth Revan's unique). JKR teams are dead on arrival.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member

5savjexmejfb.jpg

yep

But that's why I said on offense you would want to take out Bastilla first, which should be easy to do.

5savjexmejfb.jpg

yep

But that's why I said on offense you would want to take out Bastilla first, which should be easy to do.

not with 75% health
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member

Your argument in this quote chain was that JKR goes first, kills BSF and DR doesn't hold on defense. The minute BSF gets a turn, followed by any of Darth Revan's team, its game over.

There are only two damage dealers in that team. Foresight does alleviate some damage. JKR and GMY cannot one shot her in the first turn at full health + protection. I think GMY is the first to attack and expire the foresight, which makes it very important that she keeps gaining foresight. Even if they bounce around Strategic advantage, the foresight plays a role.

That's the only thing a JKR team has, the initial salvo. After they fail, HK will destroy them (100% more damage on true damage AOE). Bastilla will inflict CBM on them, and then Darth Revan perform insanity, followed by basic since they have CBM (Darth Revan's unique). JKR teams are dead on arrival.

Yes there is a chance for then to get a fear loop going, but I still argue that Bastilla's would be toast after the first round of turns. You left out that gk also brings a mass assist, there is no way she will survive direct focus and lead the charge with defensive penalties.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member

5savjexmejfb.jpg

yep

not with 75% health

Dont think that would matter much. Keep in mind yoda would get a hit on her too before anyone moves

5savjexmejfb.jpg

yep

not with 75% health

Dont think that would matter much. Keep in mind yoda would get a hit on her too before anyone moves

Unless Revan is faster and marks someone else, and a g12 Fast has a surprising amount of health

Yes there is a chance for then to get a fear loop going, but I still argue that Bastilla's would be toast after the first round of turns. You left out that gk also brings a mass assist, there is no way she will survive direct focus and lead the charge with defensive penalties.

Yes but if she dosent go shes get 50% defense and 75% bonus hp so shes going to be tanky and faster then gk and at the point its check mate.

But lets say u kill her dr does mass fear and hk can do assasination protocol and start killing toon and a dm will be on jkr and revan dies and cant be revived and now dr team is faster cause of ferocity and they start picking ooff the rest fairly easy