Darth Revan Kit FAQ [MEGA]

Prev134
Pyrefly
1254 posts Member
<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>

CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

We have received a great deal of questions around Darth Revan’s kit so I put together a list of frequently asked questions from the last few days and asked CG_ParkingInstructor, the master of all things Darth Revan, to answer as many as he can today.

• What happens to an enemy if they have Fear and are then Fractured?
    If an enemy has Fear and then becomes Fractured, they will lose Fear and have their cooldown increased by 1.
  • Can Thrawn inflict Fracture/Jedi Knight Revan inflict Marked/Rey (Jedi Training) inflict Expose if they have Corrupted Battle Meditation?
    No, if a unit has Corrupted Battle Meditation they will NOT be able to inflict debuffs when they use an active ability.
  • Does Bastila Shan (Fallen) inflict debuffs if she has Corrupted Battle Meditation?
    Unique 3 of Bastila Shan (Fallen) states, “enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability”. This means passive abilities will apply debuffs unless the condition is triggered by an active ability. Bastila Shan (Fallen) will be able to inflict Corrupted Battle Meditation (CBM) while inflicted with CBM because it does not require the use of an active ability (Basic, Special).
  • When Darth Revan is leader and an enemy falls below 50% health, deathmark is on the leader. Is a Raid Boss considered a “Leader”.
    In most cases, the raid boss is considered the Leader. In Phase 4 of the Sith Raid however, only Darth Traya is considered the leader. It’s also worth noting that Fearsome Foe has been updated so that Raid Bosses are immune to Fear.
  • Does Darth Revan need to survive being hit for his health to equalized or does it work like Jedi Knight Revan’s Savior ability?
    Darth Revan needs to survive the hit and be above 50% health before the hit landed to trigger the health equalization.
  • Is there a limit to the number of times Darth Revan can equalize health?
    No.
  • If Darth Revan is the healthiest ally when they drop below 50% health who does Darth Revan equalize health with?
    The next healthiest ally.
  • Does Darth Revan’s abilities that target leaders, target all characters with leader abilities or just the character that is currently in the leader slot?
    Only the character in the leader slot triggers this effect. This means that you could bring a character in without a leader ability in the leader slot and Darth Revan’s abilities would still target them.
  • Darth Revan’s leader ability says that Sith Empire allies are immune to turn meter reduction. Asajj Ventress’ leader ability says that Nightsisters have a chance to remove turn meter when they damage an enemy and that turn meter removal can’t be resisted. What happens?
    Immunity takes precedence over abilities that are irresistible. Darth Revan’s Sith Empire allies will be immune to any turn meter reduction.
  • Does Stagger’s turn meter removal work on Sith Empire allies under a Darth Revan lead?
    No.
  • Darth Revan’s leader ability grants critical chance and speed for each debuff on a character under Darth Revan’s lead. Does this work with stacking debuffs?
    Yes. As an example, for each stack of Ferocity that a Darth Revan’s ally has inflicted on themselves, they will gain the stats for each stack. At max level, this means they would have 100% critical chance and 150 speed added if a character had 10 stacks of Ferocity.
  • If Darth Traya is on a Darth Revan team, will she cleanse the Ferocity debuff?
    Yes. Darth Revan’s Ferocity is applied before Darth Traya’s cleanse.
  • In Phase 3 of the Sith Triumvirate raid, Darth Traya has her lightsaber defenders. If a Darth Revan team deals 50% damage to all three of the lightsabers, does Darth Traya get three applications of Deathmark?
    No. If all three lightsabers are brought below 50% at the same time there will be only one application of Deathmark, because Deathmark does not stack. However, if each lightsaber is brought to below 50% on different turns, and Darth Traya has no Deathmark when that happens, Darth Traya will gain 3 different instances of Deathmark.
  • How many stacks of Ferocity can accrue on a character?
    There is currently no cap to the number of Ferocity stacks a character can have.
  • Does each stack of Ferocity count for the calculation of damage for Boba Fett’s Execute and Darth Vader’s Culling Blade?
    Yes.
  • What does “gain bonus moves” mean in Unique 1: Conquerer: "Enemies can't assist or gain bonus moves if their attack is targeting Darth Revan"?
    Bonus move is a new term in ability descriptions but essentially it means an additional attack with the basic ability. We decided to change the description of this ability to closer reflect what it actually does. Nothing around the mechanics will change from this update.
    It now reads: "Enemies can't assist or attack again if their attack is targeting Darth Revan"

As with all characters, we will monitor how Darth Revan does in the wild for any issues and feedback. We will manage any issues and let you know as soon as possible.

Happy Friday and see you on the Holotables from,

CG_Crumb and CG_ParkingInstructor

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    <reserved>
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • This is very useful. Thank you CG_Crumb and CG_ParkingInstructor!
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Wow, this is the communication we need, thank you so much! This clears a lot of questions.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Wow, thrawn can’t fracture. Interesting.
  • Still can't give us the recommended gear level for the event...
  • Is there any chance of changing DR leader to simply be "Lord" to keep the leader and uniques of Revan's abilities one word?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    RudiKosugi wrote: »
    Still can't give us the recommended gear level for the event...

Whatever level it takes to beat the event, that is the recommended gear level
  • Thrawn can't fracture, JKR can't direct focus, Traya can't do isolation, JTR can't apply heal immunity.
    Seems completly broken with just an omega unique.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Love the FAQ.

Personally, the inability to do unresistable unique specific debuffs like Fracture, Isolate, marked seems to be too much control for Darth Revan. He doesn't need to render those abilities useless given how great the synergy is and he can beat these toons even if they were able to do so. These toons entire gimmick is that they have this one strong special ability and to render all of them useless feels like a bit too much

Very overwhelming kit. I feel bad for the people that can't get him and have to face him / Territory Wars will basically escalate to guild with most DR on defense wins
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Very nice! But does this mean that Traya will be a good option for the team if her unique is not zeta'd? 👀
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb CG_ParkingInstructor What about corrupted battle meditation on characters that passively provide a debuff? For example the expose from c3po?

C3POs unique states that when a rebel ally uses a basic ability, this would be an action and is covered by his statements:
    Does Bastila Shan (Fallen) inflict debuffs if she has Corrupted Battle Meditation?
    Unique 3 of Bastila Shan (Fallen) states, “enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability”. This means passive abilities will apply debuffs unless the condition is triggered by an active ability. Bastila Shan (Fallen) will be able to inflict Corrupted Battle Meditation (CBM) while inflicted with CBM because it does not require the use of an active ability (Basic, Special).

This would mean that if only 3PO has CBM, the rebels should still be able to inflict debuffs. But if the rebel taking action has CBM, then they will not be able to inflict a debuff.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb CG_ParkingInstructor What about corrupted battle meditation on characters that passively provide a debuff? For example the expose from c3po?

C3POs unique states that when a rebel ally uses a basic ability, this would be an action and is covered by his statements:
    Does Bastila Shan (Fallen) inflict debuffs if she has Corrupted Battle Meditation?

This would mean that if only 3PO has CBM, the rebels should still be able to inflict debuffs. But if the rebel taking action has CBM, then they will not be able to inflict a debuff.

Thank you, also another question but i guess thats up to testing. They wont be able to inflict the debuff so i guess they will be resisted, than my guess is lets say cls can tm feed this way off of it if hes got cbm or the debuff itself will be disabled so it wont be a resisted effect?

if it isnt applied it cant be resisted.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Thank you, also another question but i guess thats up to testing. They wont be able to inflict the debuff so i guess they will be resisted, than my guess is lets say cls can tm feed this way off of it if hes got cbm or the debuff itself will be disabled so it wont be a resisted effect?

if it isnt applied it cant be resisted.

I understand that, i was asking about the effect beeing resisted so kinda like tenacity up or the debuff not beeing resisted but disabled like with vaders tmr immunity.

It is not resisted, it is not applied.

The basic 3 checks
    Does it hit?
    Will it produce the effect? (This is now 0% in these cases)
    Tenacity/potency check? (We dont get here)
  • Is it me or does anyone else sense a storm coming? JKR caused enough upset, DR will be a deal breaker in many minds. I hope the short term revenue boost is worth the long term effects. Of course I am fairly sure a counter to DR is already on the whiteboard.
  • Thanks for answering these questions! Look forward to the event on Monday!
  • R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    Can Darth Revan’s 2nd special Insanity give the enemy team fear if he attacks Jedi Knight Revan while he has tenacity up?
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Wow, thrawn can’t fracture. Interesting.

Only while he has CBM....he can already be prevented from using Fracture through a simple ability block.
  • R2E2s wrote: »
    Can Darth Revan’s 2nd special Insanity give the enemy team fear if he attacks Jedi Knight Revan while he has tenacity up?

If the target is the leader, or if the leader is defeated, inflict Fear on all enemies for 1 turn. This Fear can't be copied, dispelled, or resisted and this attack can't be evaded.
    yes it cant be resisted
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ok... so what gear is needed to unlock him?
  • Thanks for Q!. How about gear reqs?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Ok... so what gear is needed to unlock him?

vpxhwpmu05kz.png
    taken from twitter
  • Communication? Very good.

OPness of DRevan and the poop Storm it’s going to bring? Biblical
  • Will this team be just PvP viable or will it put up big raid numbers like JKR teams?
  • This is power creep at it's finest. If you can't apply fracture or isolation, then how exactly will you be able to control the team. I'm fairly sure there are no counters right now...
  • Gluckychou wrote: »
    Thrawn can't fracture, JKR can't direct focus, Traya can't do isolation, JTR can't apply heal immunity.
    Seems completly broken with just an omega unique.

Clear and terrible explanation of the guidelines to design DRevan kit: must beat everything, must be unbeatable by other teams, even forcing past game rules to his convenience. 🤨