Kit Rework: Bastila Shan (Fallen)

Replies

• ichotolot wrote: »
    How fear effects Raid bosses?

Either 1. It wont cause they are immune to all of the effects of fear.
    2. It will be revealed in DR's kit
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • She looks like thrawn level plug n play.
    Zdooku, badstilla, b2, magna, b1?
    Sounds like fun for territory wars and battles.

An excuse to use the droids at least.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Also, now because Fear is so powerful, really increases the Value of her foresight zeta. She NEEDS to get to move early at all costs.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Also, now because Fear is so powerful, really increases the Value of her foresight zeta. She NEEDS to get to move early at all costs.

How?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »

How?

It keeps her from being hit? There are ways around it but all teams don't have it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    DR gets rid of Foresight so its a useless zeta in mirror matches. Speed is only important to apply corrupted battle meditation on opposing team first

I wonder in mirror matches if you can apply corrupted battle meditation when you already have corrupted battle meditation on you. The implication is that fastest fallen bastila wins
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    DR gets rid of Foresight so its a useless zeta in mirror matches. Speed is only important to apply corrupted battle meditation on opposing team first

I wonder in mirror matches if you can apply corrupted battle meditation when you already have corrupted battle meditation on you. The implication is that fastest fallen bastila wins

Yep.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    It seems a forgone conclusion, but had it been officially announced that Sit, Sass and SM are getting the Sith Empire tag?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    It seems a forgone conclusion, but had it been officially announced that Sit, Sass and SM are getting the Sith Empire tag?

Yes
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

In preparation for Darth Revan, the following units will receive the "Sith Empire" faction tag in the next update:
    Darth Revan
    Bastila Shan (Fallen)
    HK-47
    Sith Assassin
    Sith Marauder
    Sith Trooper
    We also be removing the "Old Republic" faction tag from Bastila Shan (Fallen). This is partly due to that she was not part of the Old Republic when she joined the Sith
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/198693/sith-empire-and-old-republic-faction-tags
  • So may be a dumb question, but can Hot topic Basitla’s fear be resisted? “These effects can’t be resisted” is a bit ambiguous as to whether it refers to fear and the post-fear debuffs, or just the post-fear debuffs.
  • So may be a dumb question, but can Hot topic Basitla’s fear be resisted? “These effects can’t be resisted” is a bit ambiguous as to whether it refers to fear and the post-fear debuffs, or just the post-fear debuffs.

Yes fear can be resisted but if it got applied the debuffs from it cant be resisted.
  • She will be part of my new SJW team.
    Social justice warrior bastilla under liberal college professor/ sugar daddy boyfriend of count dooku, and 3 gender-binary seperatist droids.

They will take down all MAGA, andywhere in the galaxy.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    FINAL TEXT: If Darth Revan is in the leader slot: Bastila and Darth Revan have +70% Max Health and +70% Health Steal, Darth Revan also recovers Protection from Corrupted Battle Meditation, and enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability (excludes Raid Bosses).

So its safe to assume Bastila can land CBM while she has CBM on her in mirror matches with Darth Revan lead due to it being a unique rather than an ability? I think fastest BSF wins is no longer true anymore
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    FINAL TEXT: If Darth Revan is in the leader slot: Bastila and Darth Revan have +70% Max Health and +70% Health Steal, Darth Revan also recovers Protection from Corrupted Battle Meditation, and enemies inflicted with Corrupted Battle Meditation can't inflict debuffs on enemies when they use an ability (excludes Raid Bosses).

So its safe to assume Bastila can land CBM while she has CBM on her in mirror matches with Darth Revan lead due to it being a unique rather than an ability? I think fastest BSF wins is no longer true anymore

We will see. But having fear keeps you from using abilities and everyone else gets speed down and is probably shocked, which in a mirror match should be fatal. Speed Down is not TM reduction it just reduces speed. And then other team will have at least +75 speed each.

Maurader can probably one-shot people or close to it. Even SiT because ferocity turns his armor into paper.

The more I look at their kits the more I realize how complicated the interactions are. I would not be suprised if the delay is for arena balancing. All of this stuff has to be really hard to test.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

We will see. But having fear keeps you from using abilities and everyone else gets speed down and is probably shocked, which in a mirror match should be fatal. Speed Down is not TM reduction it just reduces speed. And then other team will have at least +75 speed each.

Maurader can probably one-shot people or close to it. Even SiT because ferocity turns his armor into paper.

The more I look at their kits the more I realize how complicated the interactions are. I would not be suprised if the delay is for arena balancing. All of this stuff has to be really hard to test.
    Its not arena balancing. Kits are released so there isn't much else to do. They've already said the delay is due to the event. They don't care about breaking arena. We've seen it time and time again, they are ok with infinite loops, game breaking tactics, OP squads etc as long as it affects arena only

If they want to balance out the OP kit of Darth Revan in the future with a new meta toon (like Nest was to counter TM meta of EP), they'll just introduce a toon that prevents enemies from debuffing themselves or introduce buffs on opposing team that is detrimental (aka debuff but not really)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Its not arena balancing. Kits are released so there isn't much else to do. They've already said the delay is due to the event. They don't care about breaking arena. We've seen it time and time again, they are ok with infinite loops, game breaking tactics, OP squads etc as long as it affects arena only

If they want to balance out the OP kit of Darth Revan in the future with a new meta toon (like Nest was to counter TM meta of EP), they'll just introduce a toon that prevents enemies from debuffing themselves or introduce buffs on opposing team that is detrimental (aka debuff but not really)

I agree they want to "break" arena in favor of DR. But if the kits have unintended interactions with each other or have an unintended weakness, or break mirror matches, etc they may be fixing that. See Droideka, C3p0/Finn, etc.

I just can't imagine the pve event would justify this long of a delay or the language in Carries post. Tuning that is relatively easy.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

I just can't imagine the pve event would justify this long of a delay or the language in Carries post. Tuning that is relatively easy.

They are testing to make sure it's beatable with all g12 + maxed out, God modded toons but barely. They run tens of thousands of battles and if there are zero wins then they back the difficulty down SLIGHTLY. When a perfect team can win 0.001% of the time consistently then they know the event is perfect. That kind of testing takes time.
  • Can a toon affected by corrupted battle meditation still increase cooldown, like if Death Trooper or DN had CBM, can their grenade/drain force still increase cooldowns?
  • KirKanos82 wrote: »
    Can a toon affected by corrupted battle meditation still increase cooldown, like if Death Trooper or DN had CBM, can their grenade/drain force still increase cooldowns?

They should be able to because cooldown increase isn't a debuff.
  • R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    If the enemy team has tenacity up can CBM be resisted by them or will it be applied?
  • R2E2s wrote: »
    If the enemy team has tenacity up can CBM be resisted by them or will it be applied?

it has to go by a tenacity check no matter what
  • But with 50% potency from her unique and the 40% more from ferocity might be enough to get past tenacity up and with more ferocity the more the potency goes uptowards 120% then the 50 so 170% potency not including her base and from mods
  • R2E2s
    43 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Riffinator wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »

it has to go by a tenacity check no matter what

Will BSF get ferocity 1st then try to apply CBM or will it be she tries to apply CBM then get ferocity?
  • But with 50% potency from her unique and the 40% more from ferocity might be enough to get past tenacity up and with more ferocity the more the potency goes uptowards 120% then the 50 so 170% potency not including her base and from mods

still as like a 15% chance to resist no matter what
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    But with 50% potency from her unique and the 40% more from ferocity might be enough to get past tenacity up and with more ferocity the more the potency goes uptowards 120% then the 50 so 170% potency not including her base and from mods

still as like a 15% chance to resist no matter what

Yea but 15% isnt high
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    But with 50% potency from her unique and the 40% more from ferocity might be enough to get past tenacity up and with more ferocity the more the potency goes uptowards 120% then the 50 so 170% potency not including her base and from mods
    There's also Tenacity down via HK-47
  • Ultra wrote: »
    There's also Tenacity down via HK-47

IF hk goes first, i think Fast will be faster than HK
  • Quailman wrote: »
    The developers are ****.

10/10 comment.

If a character has Tenacity Up, I think it's impossible to apply a debuff unless it's unresistable.
  • Drageero wrote: »

If a character has Tenacity Up, I think it's impossible to apply a debuff unless it's unresistable.

Yea my bad thought it was a 100% increase to tenacity
This discussion has been closed.