Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

• @cyberhawk I strongly suggest editing your post to remove the player's allycode and the link to a hacked client (though the link is broken anyway). To report a player, message the devs directly.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    this is just for show and theatre. ea/cg isnt permabanning the people who cheated. they even admit that they arent.

just when i thought ea/cg was doing the right thing they basically applaud the cheaters. very sad to see that these guys who cheated arent perma banned.

very disturbing and i dont think i will be spending any more of my hard earned money. not because the cheaters but because when the cheaters got caught they really didnt get punished

Can you post your sources?

:tumbleweed:
  • Bazz
    48 posts Member
    Thanks CG.

1. The known banned cheaters from the Great crystal heist were banned in multiple waves in 2018, around Oct to Nov
    2. The known banned cheaters accounts were quietly restored in waves since March 2019
    3. The known cheaters had their Revan's, and Trayas taken away but everything else remains, gear, toons, mods, etc
    4. Fast forward to late March and they now have their Revan's back, most expected their Traya to come soon enough
    5. Why should I continue spending on this game?

A few of these guys were even touting their crystal hacks or ill gained crystals of upwards of 100k. Some even got so comfortable to share screenshots, then a few in my fleet arena even offered me the same deal saying why do you spend your hard earned money on this game when you can do what we do. I said, I don't cheat. If you like playing a game, pay for it. Enjoy.

They finally got banned, I clapped, and applauded CG for finally doing something about as I have played many games that have perma banned players like this.

A friend was then contacted by some of these cheaters to buy his account. He sold it to them, the account went from 3m gp to 4.3m gp within a few weeks, still no ban. Now the same guy has 2 cheater accounts with the one he acquired still running without any issues.

I am in one of the top 5 guilds, in an alliance who don't spend merely $9.99 on the game.

Why should honest players continue if CG continues to reinstate banned players who cheated or used stolen credit cards to get the currency etc?

Very disappointed player from Dec 2015.
  • Another thread popped up on reddit about a cheater that beat someone's GA team without any teams that can realistically beat his. And these are just the people that are stupid enough to be so blatantly obvious about it. Makes me wonder how many people are cheating but are so down-low about it that they go undetected. It is unfortunate that it falls on other players to figure this out and then contact CG to take action. If it is that difficult for CG to detect these things are happening, what is preventing more and more people from doing it? But I agree, any account found cheating should be banned for life.. or better yet these accounts should just be purged from the servers completely.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Bazz wrote: »
    Thanks CG.

1. The known banned cheaters from the Great crystal heist were banned in multiple waves in 2018, around Oct to Nov
    2. The known banned cheaters accounts were quietly restored in waves since March 2019
    3. The known cheaters had their Revan's, and Trayas taken away but everything else remains, gear, toons, mods, etc
    4. Fast forward to late March and they now have their Revan's back, most expected their Traya to come soon enough
    5. Why should I continue spending on this game?

A few of these guys were even touting their crystal hacks or ill gained crystals of upwards of 100k. Some even got so comfortable to share screenshots, then a few in my fleet arena even offered me the same deal saying why do you spend your hard earned money on this game when you can do what we do. I said, I don't cheat. If you like playing a game, pay for it. Enjoy.

They finally got banned, I clapped, and applauded CG for finally doing something about as I have played many games that have perma banned players like this.

A friend was then contacted by some of these cheaters to buy his account. He sold it to them, the account went from 3m gp to 4.3m gp within a few weeks, still no ban. Now the same guy has 2 cheater accounts with the one he acquired still running without any issues.

I am in one of the top 5 guilds, in an alliance who don't spend merely $9.99 on the game.

Why should honest players continue if CG continues to reinstate banned players who cheated or used stolen credit cards to get the currency etc?

Very disappointed player from Dec 2015.

Different accounts were banned for different amounts of times based on thier usage of the methods they used to cheat. There seems to have been some confusion about the message going out to the community and at least some of these bans were never going to be permanent (this time).

Please report any activity and it will be dealt with accordingly. You can also feel free to message CG_Leviathan, if you wish to ask any questions about what is going on. (If you do please be patient. )
  • Bazz
    48 posts Member
    Seems like cheating is permitted then? Depends on how much? Maybe that should be stated in the TOS so people can know how much of often to cheat?

Don't think a gaming community will work if this continues, lots of players aren't aware that there are that many cheaters or that they were mostly allowed back to the game.

One of the gaming companies I worked for before ran a very popular game, they banned all the cheaters, then for fun put all the cheaters on the same server. Guess what? All of them created new accounts because they didn't want to purely play with cheaters.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Seems like cheating is permitted then? Depends on how much? Maybe that should be stated in the TOS so people can know how much of often to cheat?

Don't think a gaming community will work if this continues, lots of players aren't aware that there are that many cheaters or that they were mostly allowed back to the game.

One of the gaming companies I worked for before ran a very popular game, they banned all the cheaters, then for fun put all the cheaters on the same server. Guess what? All of them created new accounts because they didn't want to purely play with cheaters.

As a first time offender we saw players get toons removed and a loss of 3 months of progress.

It will only get worse from there and yes, at some level become permanent. So no it is not permitted.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    There seems to have been some confusion about the message going out to the community and at least some of these bans were never going to be permanent (this time).

Honestly, I think those of us who have payed to play this game rightfully have the expectation that either:

1. cheaters are banned permanently
    OR
    2. they are restricted to cheater shards/guilds

Nothing less is really remotely acceptable. Nothing more frustrating than the fellow in your shard with random cyrillic letters climbing over everyone else with teams that don't make any sense, the fellow disappearing for about 3 months once the entire shard reported him, and then reappearing again to annoy us once more....
  • Bazz
    48 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

As a first time offender we saw players get toons removed and a loss of 3 months of progress.

It will only get worse from there and yes, at some level become permanent. So no it is not permitted.

So on behalf of CG you are saying it's not permitted but if you did it once you are good with a slap on the wrist? Am sure the guys in my fleet did it multiple times but came back unscathed. They even asked me to get in on the process, I can outline it for you as well but I declined their invitation. About 10 to 15 of us selected the person as a cheater nothing happened for more than 8 months. Then he got temp banned and was showing off his 2 accounts.

It sounds as if you're saying you can cheat once, and no matter what the magnitude of the cheating is, you're only going to get punished a certain way because you're a first time offender.

So technically, everyone is allowed to cheat once right?

Btw, 3 months of game progress is nothing.
  • Cheaters shouldnt ever be let back cuz if thats how they want to play they can also make unlimited amount of new accounts and get banned again when ppl find out. There is no reason at all to give them a chance to come back to bother the real players money invested or not doesnt matter.
    Just imo ;)
  • It’s quite easy. Either you allow cheating or you’re not. If not the punishment must be enough to keep cheaters away. Perma ban or move to a cheater server, can’t see another way to do it.

This is slightly inaccurate, not everyone had toons removed. There's a guy in my fleet shard who hit 4.5mil GP in under a year, had pretty much every toon maxed. When the ban waves happened he vanished (although in the following months he only dropped to like rank #20, he was that far ahead) and it looks like his whole guild disbanded.

He's been back for a few weeks and still has his 7* traya, maxed revan etc. Nothing was removed. I'm not making any comment on that, just pointing out that not everyone had stuff removed from their account.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Each case was and always will be judged on an individual basis.

So, no a 1 time offense could be more severe.

I am not a dev, just sharing the information at hand.

If you have any feedback or questions about the issue, please feel free to direct message CG_Leviathan to discuss them.
This discussion has been closed.