Can we at least get a Gear Recommendation for Darth Revan event?

Replies

• CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Angelloyd wrote: »
    I hope they make him only obtainable for a g12 team with really good mods. Considering they gave people enough to to get all characters to 7* in a free 2 play way.

Imo, that's because they need to finish the KOTOR cycle ASAP to start planning and releasing new characters to promote stuff that is coming out later this year like The Mandalorian, new season of Clone Wars and Episode 9.

Remember Star Wars Celebration is next month, so with new announcements, trailers etc, it's possible we may get a road map soon from CG. So once Darth Revan is out they can turn their attention on all new content for 2019.
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    Doxige wrote: »
    The first time revan came we had a Gear recommendation some days before the event... Even if the event is delayed, can we get the recommendation?

no
  • leef wrote: »
    It's not gonna be "very difficult", but "quite challenging". Depending anyone's particular skilll ofcourse.
    I'm probably the only one who thought it was funny, but the tweet made me lauch haha.

They clearly say in this post that it will be "very difficult" so i don't know what you're talking about.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197835/the-scourge-of-the-old-republic#latest
  • It's really simple; have the gear ready to take them all up to 10/11, but don't actually do it unless the event shows you need to. And don't throw the zeta on Carth until you've established he needs it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    It's not gonna be "very difficult", but "quite challenging". Depending anyone's particular skilll ofcourse.
    I'm probably the only one who thought it was funny, but the tweet made me lauch haha.

They clearly say in this post that it will be "very difficult" so i don't know what you're talking about.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/197835/the-scourge-of-the-old-republic#latest

i was obviously talking about the tweet which i even mentioned in the comment you quoted...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    It's really simple; have the gear ready to take them all up to 10/11, but don't actually do it unless the event shows you need to. And don't throw the zeta on Carth until you've established he needs it.

I already zetaed carth since he is so good plus I use ebon hawk in fleets.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    It's really simple; have the gear ready to take them all up to 10/11, but don't actually do it unless the event shows you need to. And don't throw the zeta on Carth until you've established he needs it.

I already zetaed carth since he is so good plus I use ebon hawk in fleets.

That's fair; I'm thinking in terms of the players who probably don't have five zetas saved up for Revan and HK, and would be best served by not blowing one on Carth if they can avoid it.
  • You can see Carrie's words in all the other similar threads, and then you can make your own interpretation of them.
    I still think g8 is most likely.
  • dzriruz33jki.png
    She said this
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • You can see Carrie's words in all the other similar threads, and then you can make your own interpretation of them.

Lol g8 is not correct
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    You can see Carrie's words in all the other similar threads, and then you can make your own interpretation of them.

Lol g8 is not correct

You have nothing to support your accusation.
    We'll see on Monday.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Quite challenging can be interpreted in many different ways, for example, I have quite a challenging time getting out of bed some mornings and require g12+ and 2 pots of coffee to complete the quest...in all seriousness though I would expect around g9 to complete without too much trouble
    You can see Carrie's words in all the other similar threads, and then you can make your own interpretation of them.

Lol g8 is not correct

You have nothing to support your accusation.
    We'll see on Monday.

And I will be correct
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    here we go again, it’s g8!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    It will be somewhere between g1 and g12+.....I can guarantee that with 100% confidence
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    So how can she not comment when they did last journey
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

because that journey was different
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Riffinator wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

because that journey was different

But read her tweet.... she cant comment because she doesnt know the player skill level?

What in the world does that mean. This game has 3 factors in every fight.

Speed
    Gear
    RNG

Skill has nothing to do with it.

Just tell us what the gear necessary is like you did last time. Its literally the least she could do, but instead she taunts the community.

Thats poor customer service and the worst in community management.

41 hours to event launch and we still dont know the gear requirement. Simply not cool.
    Post edited by ShaggyB on
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    You know in all honesty rather this event requires g7 or g12, CG has played it beautifully.....if the event is easy like JKR then they have just made a ton of money on nervous and impatient people that may not have wanted to take all these toons to g11 or higher but thought they needed to. On the flip side if the event is phone throwing, cat kicking, chair breaking, heart attack inducing rng chewie fest then they will make even more off of people who brought them this far and are too irate to let him slip through their fingers....by refusing to acknowledge what the difficulty is they are maximizing their profits which is simply what businesses do....I have the main 3 at g12 but the 2 others are only g10 atm till I know myself what is needed..

Btw....dont ever kick a cat.....that was for dramatic effect only
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    You know in all honesty rather this event requires g7 or g12, CG has played it beautifully.....if the event is easy like JKR then they have just made a ton of money on nervous and impatient people that may not have wanted to take all these toons to g11 or higher but thought they needed to. On the flip side if the event is phone throwing, cat kicking, chair breaking, heart attack inducing rng chewie fest then they will make even more off of people who brought them this far and are too irate to let him slip through their fingers....by refusing to acknowledge what the difficulty is they are maximizing their profits which is simply what businesses do....I have the main 3 at g12 but the 2 others are only g10 atm till I know myself what is needed..

Im fine with that, what im not fine with is the lame communication. Skill level?

Just say nothing or deliver what was asked for.

What they are doing is terrible communication and poor customer service.

Im fine with that, what im not fine with is the lame communication. Skill level?

we have gotten several messages about the release of the this event. You are getting hung up on one aspect about said event and blaming everything else on them because of this. Hoard gear or simply take them to g12, if they are g12 you dont have to worry about any other requirements other than maybe zeta ones
  • Spang wrote: »

There were two occasions when CG has explicitly stated that the event will be very difficult: Chewie and C3PO. And they were indeed difficult. So you can safely assume that you will need similar gear levels for Darth Revan.

Those were legendary events though....not journey events. In the past, CG has said that the final tier of journey events is tuned for G9. So we don't yet know what a "difficult" journey event will look like. Keep in mind, the difficulty of Chewie and 3PO also depended on which characters you had available. Running the Chewie event with Bossk and Dengar makes it easier.....running the 3PO event with Logray, Wicket and Paploo makes it easier. So there isn't really any set difficulty level for those events because different line-ups could be used. I completed both at the 7* level and the only G12 I had was Boba. You've got some people claiming a journey event, normally G9 level, is going to be ramped up to G12 when that wasn't even needed for either Chewie or 3PO, lol.

From the looks of the Revan kit reveal, we're going to be fighting in stages without full teams...so that's probably one way it's could be made more difficult because it looks like you won't be able to have 1 or 2 toons carrying the rest of the team like you could with the Jedi Revan event. Also, it looks like we'll be using an event Darth Revan like we did with the Jedi Revan event and we won't have any control over his gearing/mods so however they set him up is another way they can influence the difficulty. Given that CG has stated that journey events are tuned to G9 difficulty (see below), I would expect this one to jump up a little bit in difficulty based on the wording of the announcement but I don't see it going all the way up to full G11 difficulty...that would set a really awful precedent for future journey events.

3hfap2k45rkh.jpg

What makes you think we'll have an event revan? Because we did for jkr?
  • MuCuS wrote: »
    I.e. part of the word “very challenging” is getting the required toons to 7*. Everyone reads way to much into this

Never thought about that. Could be. Doubt it since its cg but very possible
  • Spang wrote: »

There were two occasions when CG has explicitly stated that the event will be very difficult: Chewie and C3PO. And they were indeed difficult. So you can safely assume that you will need similar gear levels for Darth Revan.

Those were legendary events though....not journey events. In the past, CG has said that the final tier of journey events is tuned for G9. So we don't yet know what a "difficult" journey event will look like. Keep in mind, the difficulty of Chewie and 3PO also depended on which characters you had available. Running the Chewie event with Bossk and Dengar makes it easier.....running the 3PO event with Logray, Wicket and Paploo makes it easier. So there isn't really any set difficulty level for those events because different line-ups could be used. I completed both at the 7* level and the only G12 I had was Boba. You've got some people claiming a journey event, normally G9 level, is going to be ramped up to G12 when that wasn't even needed for either Chewie or 3PO, lol.

From the looks of the Revan kit reveal, we're going to be fighting in stages without full teams...so that's probably one way it's could be made more difficult because it looks like you won't be able to have 1 or 2 toons carrying the rest of the team like you could with the Jedi Revan event. Also, it looks like we'll be using an event Darth Revan like we did with the Jedi Revan event and we won't have any control over his gearing/mods so however they set him up is another way they can influence the difficulty. Given that CG has stated that journey events are tuned to G9 difficulty (see below), I would expect this one to jump up a little bit in difficulty based on the wording of the announcement but I don't see it going all the way up to full G11 difficulty...that would set a really awful precedent for future journey events.

3hfap2k45rkh.jpg

well i mean it is his journey, makes sense he would be there with us
    Spang wrote: »

3hfap2k45rkh.jpg

I think it's quite possible, likely even, but they've not mentioned it at all so theres no evidence that's the case. Was just wondering if he knew something I didn't.
    Spang wrote: »

3hfap2k45rkh.jpg

I think it's quite possible, likely even, but they've not mentioned it at all so theres no evidence that's the case. Was just wondering if he knew something I didn't.

to be fair they never actually said that they were giving us JKR to be used in the event, unless they did and i simply didnt see it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

we have gotten several messages about the release of the this event. You are getting hung up on one aspect about said event and blaming everything else on them because of this. Hoard gear or simply take them to g12, if they are g12 you dont have to worry about any other requirements other than maybe zeta ones

You are missing the point. I have my gear ready... what i dont like is communication where in a creator of a product i spend money on throws random statements that make no sense and are generally condescending.

Either answer the question or say nothing, dont tell me you cant because of a bogus reason.

You can, you just dont want to for whatever reason, financially or otherwise.

Just say nothing. Be professional

You are missing the point. I have my gear ready... what i dont like is communication where in a creator of a product i spend money on throws random statements that make no sense and are generally condescending.

Either answer the question or say nothing, dont tell me you cant because of a bogus reason.

You can, you just dont want to for whatever reason, financially or otherwise.

Just say nothing. Be professional

but its not a bogus reason. and asking them not to say anything until the event drops is more obnoxious then what they are currently doing so NO they should not change it. if you feel like it Condescending then well sucks.