Officers. Options.

New topic, tread.
Can officers invite members to alliance?
Can officers start raids?
Can officers remove members?

Never mind the hoopla about time requirements. While during events, raids.

Does all officers just look pretty with a title while doing nothin?
Why can nearly half or so members be Officers?

Tell me what your officers do and how they earned such a title?

Replies

• Options
    We have 1 for
    tb
    Tw
    Raids
    And a backup or 2 as needed for stuff
  • Options
    I run my guild with 3 more officers. To all your first questions: yes.
    To be (and stay) an officer they have to be very active and helpful. Although most of the work is done by myself (like running the guild server on discord, make „final decisions“, etc) we virtually sit together and talk about strategies, raid rules, member decisions, etc. So no, it’s not just a nice looking title, it’s actually „work“ and earned and therefore I won’t nominate more officers as the „power“ you have (like kicking members) is kinda huge.
  • Options
    We have 50 for TB,TW, Raids. No backups needed. No ads plz. I'm not looking for a faction. Only answers to posted post.
  • Options
    Aerial wrote: »
    We have 50 for TB,TW, Raids. No backups needed. No ads plz. I'm not looking for a faction. Only answers to posted post.

Your guild has 50 officers? 😂
  • Options
    My guild has 12 officers, and we make most decisions as a group, with no real leader. My alliance averages 10 officers per guild, each with a different organisational structure. It's a matter of ensuring there's always someone around if anything's needed, be it TB management or recruitment.
  • Options
    Noxfire27 wrote: »

Your guild has 50 officers? 😂

Must be a USAF guild. :D
  • Options
    Ty Noxfire27
    As I imagined, it is surely a lot of work and most demanding and must be earned. Rarely enough time to play while trying to solve daily troubles of drama while helping strategies, decisions. I'd also find it hard to kick or remove titles from members that only believe it is a show title.
    While I have played many games and have had that honor bestowed on me or dropped on me I've always knew what it meant. It is no small feat.
    As I am only a member and not wished or wanted such a title noticing like, half entire alliance are officers, must be the same principles of any other game. It isn't a shiny title, it's a job. A hard job.
    With many officers come many jobs. As a once leader and former officer. It is usually the officers job to take the brunt of criticism and protect the leader.

Thank you Nox
  • Options
    No Nox around 20 some officers not 50
  • Options
    No Nox around 20 some officers not 50

That is still a lot. An efficient guild should only need 3 maybe no more than 5.
  • Options
    We have 5 officers. 1 for statistics GP and tickets. 1 for statistics TB and team-progress. The other 3 mostly back up and instructions in raids/TW/TB
  • Options
    Ty Gesh for your comment. The organizational structure. How do you organize such a pocket full?
    While officers tend to give a heads up to other officers and pass info up or down or even to respective officers to which assigned I wished a couple for each for day or night. Few for management, some for recruits, everybody to settle squabbles. To manage somethin of 20 officers, I've never seen so many available officer positions for such few max members allowed in 1 faction. How does one find jobs for so many?

ty Gesh
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

DerKaisert wrote: »
    We have 5 officers. 1 for statistics GP and tickets. 1 for statistics TB and team-progress. The other 3 mostly back up and instructions in raids/TW/TB

Mind if I ask what statistics you are tracking?
  • DerKaisert
    55 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    - GP: fleet, toon GP and progress (%; often twice a month)
    - Tickets: daily amount per person and guild; weekly and monthy trends
    - TB: total points scored in a phase, special mission played, GP deployed per person (we make a comparison with a estimated % of Fleet GP and % of Toon GP that is needed for all stars in a phase)
    - Team-progress: Resume of swgoh.gg team-templates for legendaries, HSR, TB and TW (looks like a score-card: 1 = team completed 7*, 0.5=almost complete (min. 6*), 0 = not ready)
  • Options
    Hi VonZant
    We really don't have statistics. Just a boat load of officers. A few good ones doing the job of entire alliance. We usually have 40 or so that play raids, TB, TW. Not sure what back ups are. Are they members to call upon if you don't have enough to fill the events. That would be up to the leader or officers once they see who's playing. Must be hard to do. 24 hr. window, then risk members not able to play because back ups in play.
    Lately we tend to lose most events, not sure how back ups help.
    Could you explain back ups for me please? Anybody else?
    ty VorZant
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    - Tickets: daily amount per person and guild; weekly and monthy trends
    - TB: total points scored in a phase, special mission played, GP deployed per person (we make a comparison with a estimated % of Fleet GP and % of Toon GP that is needed for all stars in a phase)
    - Team-progress: Resume of swgoh.gg team-templates for legendaries, HSR, TB and TW (looks like a score-card: 1 = team completed 7*, 0.5=almost complete (min. 6*), 0 = not ready)

We have a guy that does some of this, three officers that organise strategy for guild events (two for TW, one for TB), one that keeps track of donations and tickets, one that posts the daily "what's on" guide, and one to assist the others when they are busy or are absent. Seven in total. Having a few officers let's the guild run really well without putting too much work one or two individuals
  • Options
    Kaisert & ChristophIV
    That's impressive. Thank you both. That's crazy wicked sick break down of business by the numbers. Another good point is having an officer keep track of dailies, donations, & tickets. It's important to keep track who plays, contributes, deploys and where. I know it's futile to deploy in an area that won't yield a star.

ty both Kaisert & ChristophIV
  • Options
    There are not a lot of things to manage in-game, but there can never be enough community management in a group of over 500 people, so that's where most of the officers are needed. Always can have an extra person helping out.
  • Options
    We have 9 in our guild, mainly because not everyone can be around, all the time. So it helps with raid calls, TW strats, TB areas lock/unlocking to prevent dumb things from happening. Works out well.
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    We run a website that retrieves data for any given guild, updates daily and already provides some of those figures (e.g. team-progress). Uses swgoh.help and swgoh.gg APIs so it works for all guild members regardless of a swgoh.gg account. If your stats officers are interested in joining efforts or using that data just drop a PM. Always interested in implementing additional dashboards/reports.

PS: It's 4 officers in our guild.
  • Bauhaus
    53 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    To answer your original question, which I think got lost under all the guild organization comments:

Officers can do absolutely everything a leader can do, with the following exceptions:
    -- promote, demote, or kick other officers
    -- promote, demote, or kick the leader
    -- disband the guild or edit its settings (guild banner, description, level requirement)

After my deadbeat guild leader abandoned the game, I ran every aspect of our guild for a year as its only officer. The only serious detriment was that wasted player spot, until customer support finally helped us dump the useless carcass.

EDIT: and yes, the guild is alive and well, more active than ever and going strong.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    We have ten in my guild, plus a leader for tiebreaker votes (everything is voted on).
    There's two to a task, basically, and I do a lil bit of everything. It's pretty efficient to have 2 per so they can collaborate and have a backup guy if they can't be as active that day.
  • NoK_S5C2H
    66 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    We have a dozen active officer roles. Leader, admin officer, 2 TB-designers, 5 TW-designers, designer teams overseer, guild counselor and liaison officer. We have divided responsibilities so that people dont burn out.
    Nordic Kingdom Alliance Leader
    https://swgoh.gg/g/3687/nordic-kingdom/
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Officers have lots of power, more than you’d think. I had an officer in my last guild that got mad at everyone and kicked everyone out. The guild never recovered.
  • Options
    My guild has a lot of officers. Easily more than a dozen. Basically, anyone who has been actively working to strengthen the guild for over a year is an officer.

Our officers work to develop new players, police raids, give yellow cards for Rancor abusers, give red cards to rancor abusers, teach TW strategy, and keep communication going in the guild.

Officers have a stake in the guild and they act like it.
  • Options
    Bauhaus wrote: »
    To answer your original question, which I think got lost under all the guild organization comments:

Officers can do absolutely everything a leader can do, with the following exceptions:
    -- promote, demote, or kick other officers
    -- promote, demote, or kick the leader
    -- disband the guild or edit its settings (guild banner, description, level requirement)

After my deadbeat guild leader abandoned the game, I ran every aspect of our guild for a year as its only officer. The only serious detriment was that wasted player spot, until customer support finally helped us dump the useless carcass.

EDIT: and yes, the guild is alive and well, more active than ever and going strong.

Lol. I have the exact same story. Right down to customer support removing the leader and promoting me.