Can we at least get a Gear Recommendation for Darth Revan event?

Replies

• mvmss
    213 posts Member
    We'll all know soon enough. There's no point in debating this further before the event kicks in.
  • Yea if they want it to be hard why say everyone or most would get the toons to the appropriate gear levels so it brings anticipation and woundering on the requirements so most likely they wont give gear requirements till u see the event and see the recommended from there. Its nice of them when the do post requirements but they are not required to by any means and if you do think they are required u also probably think you are entitled to it. They gave hints between the original post saying very difficult could be lore or actually how hard it is plus carrie tweeted that it will be a difficult event so take it how you like but i would be surprised if its the same as other journey events im expecting g10+ requirements to go with the curve to start making the game harder and not needing easy gear plus it gets players gearing up more toons even if they dont want to use them
  • I recommend gear 12 for your Darth Revan squad
  • G13 with 6A mods
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    They already gave a hint "very difficult event". I guess its good when u have 1-2 characters at G11-G12 and others maybe lower. At least you get a glimpse what Yoda felt when he said "Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future".... which quite much describes this game sometimes. I dont mean that its wrong to want more clear communication, just dont expect "too much" information :D
  • Let the argumentative tools here believe G8 will cut it. Then we can drink their tears when they stand no chance of gearing five toons to G11/G12 in a week without taking out a loan.

Those of us who are smart and plan ahead will have him. DBast/HK/Ordo G12, Carth/Juhani G11 here. Locked and loaded.
  • Let the argumentative tools here believe G8 will cut it. Then we can drink their tears when they stand no chance of gearing five toons to G11/G12 in a week without taking out a loan.

Those of us who are smart and plan ahead will have him. DBast/HK/Ordo G12, Carth/Juhani G11 here. Locked and loaded.

Irrelevant of wether the g8 or g12 people are right, one thing is for sure: people who are smart dont use the extra gear yet, but collect them and wait.
    If theyll need them, theyll use them, but if not needed, theyll have a significant gear stash over dumb people, like you.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Let the argumentative tools here believe G8 will cut it. Then we can drink their tears when they stand no chance of gearing five toons to G11/G12 in a week without taking out a loan.

Irrelevant of wether the g8 or g12 people are right, one thing is for sure: people who are smart dont use the extra gear yet, but collect them and wait.
    If theyll need them, theyll use them, but if not needed, theyll have a significant gear stash over dumb people, like you.

Thank you
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Surely it'll be low gear (8+) + 7* toons, or high gear (g11 + zetas) + 5* unlock. It's always one or the other.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Riffinator wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    You know in all honesty rather this event requires g7 or g12, CG has played it beautifully.....if the event is easy like JKR then they have just made a ton of money on nervous and impatient people that may not have wanted to take all these toons to g11 or higher but thought they needed to. On the flip side if the event is phone throwing, cat kicking, chair breaking, heart attack inducing rng chewie fest then they will make even more off of people who brought them this far and are too irate to let him slip through their fingers....by refusing to acknowledge what the difficulty is they are maximizing their profits which is simply what businesses do....I have the main 3 at g12 but the 2 others are only g10 atm till I know myself what is needed..

Btw....dont ever kick a cat.....that was for dramatic effect only

Im fine with that, what im not fine with is the lame communication. Skill level?

Just say nothing or deliver what was asked for.

What they are doing is terrible communication and poor customer service.

we have gotten several messages about the release of the this event. You are getting hung up on one aspect about said event and blaming everything else on them because of this. Hoard gear or simply take them to g12, if they are g12 you dont have to worry about any other requirements other than maybe zeta ones

You are missing the point. I have my gear ready... what i dont like is communication where in a creator of a product i spend money on throws random statements that make no sense and are generally condescending.

Either answer the question or say nothing, dont tell me you cant because of a bogus reason.

You can, you just dont want to for whatever reason, financially or otherwise.

Just say nothing. Be professional

but its not a bogus reason. and asking them not to say anything until the event drops is more obnoxious then what they are currently doing so NO they should not change it. if you feel like it Condescending then well sucks.

It is a bogus reason. She doesnt know the individual player skill... that has nothing to do with it.

Its turn based game that function on how much gear, what level your attacks are and how fast you are. Has nothing to do with skill.

The next factor is rng and thats it.

Give the real reason or give no reason. Making up a story about skill is bogus and insulting
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    They aren’t revealing gear requirements because they’re experimenting with this journey. Instead of just a star paywall, they’re doing a star AND gear paywall. The delay was an artificial delay to fuel more speculation and panic spending on gear. Their plan is genius and I foresee this as being the most profitable event in SWGOH history.
    Post edited by JerrickKharr87 on
  • They aren’t revealing gear requirements because they’re experimenting with this journey. Instead of just a star paywall, they’re doing a star AND gear paywall. The delay was an artificial delay to fuel more speculation and panic spending on gear. They’re plan is genius and I foresee this as being the most profitable event in SWGOH history.

I’m guessing it’s just a star paywall and they are making extra money off of all the people panic buying gear to bring their team to g12.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    You know in all honesty rather this event requires g7 or g12, CG has played it beautifully.....if the event is easy like JKR then they have just made a ton of money on nervous and impatient people that may not have wanted to take all these toons to g11 or higher but thought they needed to. On the flip side if the event is phone throwing, cat kicking, chair breaking, heart attack inducing rng chewie fest then they will make even more off of people who brought them this far and are too irate to let him slip through their fingers....by refusing to acknowledge what the difficulty is they are maximizing their profits which is simply what businesses do....I have the main 3 at g12 but the 2 others are only g10 atm till I know myself what is needed..

Im fine with that, what im not fine with is the lame communication. Skill level?

we have gotten several messages about the release of the this event. You are getting hung up on one aspect about said event and blaming everything else on them because of this. Hoard gear or simply take them to g12, if they are g12 you dont have to worry about any other requirements other than maybe zeta ones

You are missing the point. I have my gear ready... what i dont like is communication where in a creator of a product i spend money on throws random statements that make no sense and are generally condescending.

Either answer the question or say nothing, dont tell me you cant because of a bogus reason.

but its not a bogus reason. and asking them not to say anything until the event drops is more obnoxious then what they are currently doing so NO they should not change it. if you feel like it Condescending then well sucks.

It is a bogus reason. She doesnt know the individual player skill... that has nothing to do with it.

Its turn based game that function on how much gear, what level your attacks are and how fast you are. Has nothing to do with skill.

Give the real reason or give no reason. Making up a story about skill is bogus and insulting

see but you are forgetting about mods, modding a character is skill and RNG depending about what mods upgrade. so yes player skill makes sense, you are simply **** that you were "insulted"(you werent)
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    They aren’t revealing gear requirements because they’re experimenting with this journey. Instead of just a star paywall, they’re doing a star AND gear paywall. The delay was an artificial delay to fuel more speculation and panic spending on gear. They’re plan is genius and I foresee this as being the most profitable event in SWGOH history.

I’m guessing it’s just a star paywall and they are making extra money off of all the people panic buying gear to bring their team to g12.

Nah, it’ll definitely require g11 or higher. Carrie essentially alluded to this in her tweet.
  • My plan:

BSF G12
    HK 47 G12

The others G8-G12( depends on the format)
    I’ll hold them at G8 until we know what we need and have gear on standby..
  • All this people saying it's going to be G11+ are just trying to con the competition into blowing gear on the unlock squad so that they don't have it to use advancing their Sith Empire characters.
  • If you plan to run drevan, looks like you'll need hk and badstilla. So g12 both of them. Anyone under g9 is gonna have a bad time. I'd guess this will be a g11 event, but if you're like me and all of your best mods are already 6's you're gonna want a couple people at g12. Probably people you will need for the new meta. Like hk and badstilla. This should be a no-brainer.

Seriously, if you plan to run g8-g10 into this it's not going to work. I wish you all luck though.
  • Official gear recommendation for tomorrow’s event:

All of it.

If you have all of it you shouldn’t have a problem.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    All this people saying it's going to be G11+ are just trying to con the competition into blowing gear on the unlock squad so that they don't have it to use advancing their Sith Empire characters.

or we actually read the tweet and are prepared for a challenging event like we all saw coming
    All this people saying it's going to be G11+ are just trying to con the competition into blowing gear on the unlock squad so that they don't have it to use advancing their Sith Empire characters.

... I mean, 2 of the "unlock squad" are sith empire characters. So why not do both? If you want to wait on the others at g8 and save their gear go ahead, but it's pointless not to get hk and badstilla to g12

Or we just expect the worst from CG and they usually deliver. @CG_Carrie
  • Anybody who actually takes these characters up to G11/12 before the event starts, rather than having the gear available to do so just in case, is not behaving rationally. It's good to be prepared, but it's bad to place your bets early. If it ends up being G8/9, all you've accomplished is pre-gimping your Sith Empire squad for no reason.

Unless of course you have so much gear saved up that you can fully gear the OR squad *and* still have enough left over to fully gear the SE squad. In that case, why not?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

see but you are forgetting about mods, modding a character is skill and RNG depending about what mods upgrade. so yes player skill makes sense, you are simply **** that you were "insulted"(you werent)

Again

Modding is a component of your stats... like speed as an example.

There is no skill in getting good mods. Its rng dependent. I get you want to defend the comment but saying "gear 12 with offense and speed heavy mods" is simple.

Saying i dont know the indivudal player skill level is not a good reply.

Say nothing or give the information. Dont give a bogus answer trying to dodge.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Anybody who actually takes these characters up to G11/12 before the event starts, rather than having the gear available to do so just in case, is not behaving rationally. It's good to be prepared, but it's bad to place your bets early. If it ends up being G8/9, all you've accomplished is pre-gimping your Sith Empire squad for no reason.

Unless of course you have so much gear saved up that you can fully gear the OR squad *and* still have enough left over to fully gear the SE squad. In that case, why not?

I took carth to gear 12 because i use ebon hawk. I took badstila and hk to 12 because they are key components to a sith team(badstila) and are in the recommended meta.

I would not take canderous or juhani up as they dont have a purpose outside of this event.

So yeah i agree on those 2. The others have use outside of the event or with DR that warrant attention

Again

There is no skill in getting good mods. Its rng dependent. I get you want to defend the comment but saying "gear 12 with offense and speed heavy mods" is simple.

Or they could try and give us a warning which is nice, just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you should ruin the game for us
    Anybody who actually takes these characters up to G11/12 before the event starts, rather than having the gear available to do so just in case, is not behaving rationally. It's good to be prepared, but it's bad to place your bets early. If it ends up being G8/9, all you've accomplished is pre-gimping your Sith Empire squad for no reason.

I took carth to gear 12 because i use ebon hawk. I took badstila and hk to 12 because they are key components to a sith team(badstila) and are in the recommended meta.

I would not take canderous or juhani up as they dont have a purpose outside of this event.

So yeah i agree on those 2. The others have use outside of the event or with DR that warrant attention

I hear you. I would just consider even those three to be secondary to gearing Darth Revan himself, so I would avoid putting anything on them I don't have to until seeing what he is going to need.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Again

Or they could try and give us a warning which is nice, just cause you dont like it doesnt mean you should ruin the game for us

Whos talking about ruining the game? I dont like the communication, the game is fine.

And they gave us a warning when they announced it would be "very difficult".

Thats what spawned the question of what gear
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

I hear you. I would just consider even those three to be secondary to gearing Darth Revan himself, so I would avoid putting anything on them I don't have to until seeing what he is going to need.

Oh its bad
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-revan/

Look at the jump from 10 to 11 and 11 to 12.

4 gold eyeballs, a stun gun, a furnace, a shield gen, 2 gold power cells, a gold medpak and a thermal.

Oh its bad
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-revan/

Look at the jump from 10 to 11 and 11 to 12.

4 gold eyeballs, a stun gun, a furnace, a shield gen, 2 gold power cells, a gold medpak and a thermal.

And two completely brand new pieces at 8 and 9.....CG just can’t help themselves can they?