Possibly a dumb farming question...

I'm still really new, lvl 76. I managed to 7* Thrawn by heavily focusing resources on Phoenix squad. They should be good enough to grab Palpatine next time he comes around. My Empire squad won't be ready to 7* R2 the next time he comes around so I'm trying to figure out what to farm next. I'm working on BHs and Jedi at the moment.

Looking at the event schedule is it better to start farming for GMY since his event recently ended and I should have time to get a squad ready? I feel like I can get a good farming pace going once I start, just looking for opinions on the ideal starting point. I'm following the pillars the best I can, but everything feels so unfocused right now.

Replies

• Slippyfist wrote: »
    I'm still really new, lvl 76. I managed to 7* Thrawn by heavily focusing resources on Phoenix squad. They should be good enough to grab Palpatine next time he comes around. My Empire squad won't be ready to 7* R2 the next time he comes around so I'm trying to figure out what to farm next. I'm working on BHs and Jedi at the moment.

Looking at the event schedule is it better to start farming for GMY since his event recently ended and I should have time to get a squad ready? I feel like I can get a good farming pace going once I start, just looking for opinions on the ideal starting point. I'm following the pillars the best I can, but everything feels so unfocused right now.

Stay on target...finish one farm at a time.
  • Stay on Empire then? Is it possible to 7* R2 without Palpatine? I doubt I could get Imperial Troopers ready, but I have 7* Thrawn, 6* Tarkin, 6* Vader, 4* TFP. I can probably finish TFP and Tarkin before R2 comes back, maybe Vader if the Fleet Store behaves. I have Veers at 4* and Stark at 4*. I'm actively farming them. Could some incarnation of these work on the R2 event?
  • I had a difficult time doing R2 event sans Palpatine, BUT I didn't have Thrawn like you did. It should be doable with the team you have. (Thrawn/Vader/TFP/Tarkin/Etc.) Veers isn't a terrible farm especially in the silver coin shop...drops often
  • Generally...starters should be phoenix to EP and Thrawn...then move to Empire...to get CLS and R2...
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Generally...starters should be phoenix to EP and Thrawn...then move to Empire...to get CLS and R2...

Yeah that's where I was planning to go with my farming, I just had the thought that I may never be able to catch up if I try to focus on the next legendary event. I've read a lot of people are having difficulty with the R2 event without Palpatine, and since R2 will come back around before Palpatine should I just try to focus on the next event after that. Or do I just try to 5 or 6 star R2 and move on?
  • I completed the event with a G10 Palpatine and G9 Vader, Tarkin, Royal Guard and Veers. There was no Thrawn in the game back then. The event should be difficult without Palpatine, though. His leader ability effectively gives a bonus to both Tarkin and Vader after they use their specials, Intimidate and Force Crush, respectively. Try to get Palpatine, but good luck anyways.
  • Anant2506 wrote: »
    I completed the event with a G10 Palpatine and G9 Vader, Tarkin, Royal Guard and Veers. There was no Thrawn in the game back then. The event should be difficult without Palpatine, though. His leader ability effectively gives a bonus to both Tarkin and Vader after they use their specials, Intimidate and Force Crush, respectively. Try to get Palpatine, but good luck anyways.

Thank you! I'll just give it my best and hope.
  • I unlocked R2 at 7 star without Palpatine or Thrawn by using Tarkin lead. So, yes, it is possible to get R2 without Palpatine. You'll need Vader and TFP. My team was Tarkin, Vader, TFP, Stormtrooper, and Magma trooper. As far as what to farm, I agree with the others. Stay on target and farm Empire before moving on.
  • A_H
    5 posts Member
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    I unlocked R2 at 7 star without Palpatine or Thrawn by using Tarkin lead. So, yes, it is possible to get R2 without Palpatine. You'll need Vader and TFP. My team was Tarkin, Vader, TFP, Stormtrooper, and Magma trooper. As far as what to farm, I agree with the others. Stay on target and farm Empire before moving on.

What gear level did you have?

• Slippyfist wrote: »

you won't find much use out of R2 without CLS or JTR (which you are far away from) so I'd go for Jedi, but only if you plan on getting Revan. If not try get ready for CLS and R2 after this time.
  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    Slippyfist wrote: »

you won't find much use out of R2 without CLS or JTR (which you are far away from) so I'd go for Jedi, but only if you plan on getting Revan. If not try get ready for CLS and R2 after this time.

That's a fair point. I plan on getting all of the Legendary toons, and Revan is definitely on the higher end of my want list. I've been side farming Bastila and Jolee, so if I farm those two and Old Ben that would lead me to GMY and give me a start on Revan. I may just 5/6* R2 and move on.
  • A_H wrote: »
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    I unlocked R2 at 7 star without Palpatine or Thrawn by using Tarkin lead. So, yes, it is possible to get R2 without Palpatine. You'll need Vader and TFP. My team was Tarkin, Vader, TFP, Stormtrooper, and Magma trooper. As far as what to farm, I agree with the others. Stay on target and farm Empire before moving on.

What gear level did you have?

If I remember, Vader and Tarkin were g9, rest were g8.
  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    Slippyfist wrote: »

I've found an interesting use for R2 in an Empire team with Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, TFP, and R2. Use R2 to put everyone but vader under stealth, pile on the debuffs and dots, then use Vader's saber throw. Then repeat.