Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Prev13456711
Pyrefly
1254 posts Member
<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>

CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Hi Holotable Heroes,

As we mentioned previously, because we are pushing the event live shortly after the patch is pushed tomorrow (pending any critical issues), we wanted to share with you the gear needed to upgrade Darth Revan so that you can get ready to start competing with him quickly. The gear list is available to viewed on SWGOH.gg.

One thing to note is that there are two new pieces are gear are needed for Darth Revan’s Gear tiers 8 and 9. Both will be available to earn from nodes but we will have more details to share about these gear pieces with the Update notes tomorrow (barring any critical issues Monday).
  • Name: Mk 7 Kyrotech Shock Prod
    yfu6ME9.png
    Level requirement: 67
    Strength: 24
    Potency: +5%
    Health Steal: 5%
    Salvage Location: Light Side - Normal Stage 7-2
  • Name: Mk 9 Kyrotech Battle Computer
    CTZ4muw.png
    Level requirement: 78
    Health: 600
    Armor: 25
    Speed: 3
    Tenacity: 10%
    Salvage Location: Dark Side - Normal Stage 8-1

See you on the Holotables!
-Crumb

<<ORIGINAL DEV POST>>
swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!

Replies

• There is a new Gear piece for Darth Revan, anybody know about it? How to craft?

https://swgoh.gg/db/gear/172/mk-7-kyrotech-shock-prod/
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    It s the mystery piece before gear 13 comes
  • Whys it say g8 next to revan photo?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I am not saying it's not true but things that have been posted there have changed after character release in the past. Salt? I'll take a grain please.
  • Teddygz
    106 posts Member
    Still says subject to change
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My mistake. New gear still showing
    Post edited by G20 on
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Putting Carth on a single ship node is the paywall.
  • Now i have 2 new gear:

ggv1rlpnehv4.jpeg
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Putting Carth on a single ship node is the paywall.

It'll make sure old and new players will pay.
  • Possible bonus tier reward tier 7
  • It's been confirmed by them, there will now be a new paywall just to get Darth Revan past gear 8 and gear 9 lol
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    This is just ridiculous
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Really? Adding new gear 8 and 9 pieces into the game? At this stage?

That would make sense if gear was removable and customized per character by the player, but it's not.

Just cancel that idea and intro the final gear piece. This is a foolish idea.
  • This is pretty embarrassing for them. They realised people had longer to farm than what they did for JKR, so to capitalise and earn more revenue they decide to release 2 new bits of gear so people have to pay just to get him past g8. Not good business management if you actually care about customers/players.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Crumb just made an emergency post confirming this but never explained why they created new gear just for Darth Revan

An explanation for inventing a new gear just for DR would've been nice

Just making up gear for new toons as we go along is a terrible move to make
  • I've had all 5 required character at 7* for over 2 weeks now, as I'd saved 30k crystals in preparation.

To pull this stunt now is utterly ridiculous and reeks of an attempt to pull back revenue that they've lost as a result of their delays.
  • That's like telling them to quit their job or sabotage it so they get fired. CG made a ton of money from Jedi Knight Revan. We may not like it, but they found a way to make money introducing these new pieces. Foolish idea? If they get a lot of people to pay so they can top arena charts, how is that foolish? It's just smart business.
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    That's like telling them to quit their job or sabotage it so they get fired. CG made a ton of money from Jedi Knight Revan. We may not like it, but they found a way to make money introducing these new pieces. Foolish idea? If they get a lot of people to pay so they can top arena charts, how is that foolish? It's just smart business.

Since when is telling someone to cancel something akin to telling them to quit.... CG has never canceled something before?

• I hope they take this back because this seriously is kind of a disgusting business move, I spent a lot of money trying to get ready for revan and now he wont even be able to get past gear 8 because of a new convenient paywall?? This is probably the last time I'm spending money on this game honestly..
  • I figured there would be a higher gear requirement for the required toons in the event. Not totally new gear at a lower level.

Atleast you told us now. Still pretty crappy
  • Not cool.
  • Pretty poor.
    Designer 1 "We designed him poorly so need to do more testing"
    Designer 2 "But everyone will have him unlocked by then, how do we make money on packs?"
    Designer 1 "Easy, make a new piece of gear that will take ages to farm but sell it in the shop"
    Designer 2 "But what if we do 2 of them. I need another holiday"
  • Really?
  • I hope these pieces will be added to the guild shop or shard shop or something. Farming gear only from nodes takes forever.
  • Crumb announces new gear.
    Camera pans to the community-
    Collective Jim Halpert face
    :/
  • Really?

Does it surprise you? :D
  • I hope these pieces will be added to the guild shop or shard shop or something. Farming gear only from nodes takes forever.

or you buy those packs ;)