Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Replies

• JerryHello
    206 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb So can we can an explanation on the reasoning behind this new gear requirement that is exclusive for Darth Revans gear tiers 8 and 9? From the player stand point this looks like an absolute money grab...which is not cool after people spent money, their hoarded Crystal's and gear to unlock the required toons to 7 star, to gear and to zeta them for this apparently "very difficult" journey event..and to boot after the week long delay on both Darth Revan and the HK & Bastilla fallen reworks...Not to mention you guys decided to post this, but still won't reveal the gear requirements to actually successfully unlock DR. I think the community and especially the players who are ready (or think they are at least) for the event, who spent money, valuable resources and time in prepping for this deserve some sort of explanation.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • It is ridiculous, but it could be worse.

They could be put 100% behind a paywall ...
    Atleast for now, we’re able to farm them for free.

Makes you have to ask though ... what’s next?
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    Pretty poor.
    Designer 1 "We designed him poorly so need to do more testing"
    Designer 2 "But everyone will have him unlocked by then, how do we make money on packs?"
    Designer 1 "Easy, make a new piece of gear that will take ages to farm but sell it in the shop"
    Designer 2 "But what if we do 2 of them. I need another holiday"

😂😂 Designer 2 works undercover for EA
    he has the best ideas

Designer 2 has a gambling problem and needs a way to recover his losses from the week so he doesn’t need to tell his family how he lost their savings
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Did some miscalculation at the required energy (it's late here in germany -_-), actually it's going to be 8 days!

According to nickyve09 from reddit:
    "I've been tracking since March 2016 on 2 accounts.
    Shards - ~31.7%, worse than the expected 33%. IMO should be 40%
    Gold - ~16%, always has been terrible rate. IMO should be 25%-30%.
    Purple - ~21.4%, lately alot of 12-16% drop days. IMO should be 30%-35%.
    Blue - ~33%. IMO should be close to 50%. Never should it be like 15-20%."

There are 100 blue (33% drop rate) and 100 purple (21% drop rate) gear pieces to farm for the 2 new items.

100 / 33 * 100 = 303 sims
    303 * 10 energy = 3030 energy

100 / 21 * 100 = 476 sims
    476 sims * 10 energy = 4760 energy

3030 + 4760 = 7790 energy

Normal energy per day (assuming 5 refreshs):
    240 + 3* 45 + 5* 120 = 975

7790 energy / 975 energy/day = 7,99 --> so 8 days

So after farming the new OR chars like crazy the last weeks and after hoarding gear and not gearing up any of my chars since Badstila became farmable (sitting on 825 carbs, 400 stun gun salvage, 360 stun cuffs, 400 eye balls, 200 droid callers, etc.) I won't even be able to gear up and finally play DR when the event goes live.
    Thank you CG, THANK YOU !!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    😂😂 Designer 2 works undercover for EA
    he has the best ideas

If it helps I nearly had Designer 2 as "Head of $$$"
  • Maybe instead of creating new low level gear, it's better to make garbage like mk 4 carbanti, mk 6 carbanti... or already forgotten mk 12 wrist band useful?

Well, paywall it is.
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    Very disappointing. I'm just hoping now that it's not that the only other way to get these will be in some $60 gear pack that has these + some other gear you already have saved up to make it cost extra.
  • And to think we thought they couldn’t sink any lower when they did their drunk New Year’s Eve tw character ban... but I’ve been wrong before and i’ll be wrong again
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    1. Telling us after everyone finds out through datamining is why there is a lack of trust. Its underhanded
    2. Inventing two new gear pieces that are a pain to farm just to frustrate all the players who worked hard to unlock him is a bad move. They unlocked a toon they were looking forward to but cannot use it for a few weeks
    3. 100 pieces needed for one full craft. Its purple gear so I'm expecting the next 50 toons to require 10 of these each. Its the worst farmable gear so far. Assuming the same crystal cost as carbanti and other purple gear, you need 2800 crystals to fully craft one gear piece
    4. Farming location limited to a normal node sucks
    5. 20% drop rate for purple gear needs to be revisited
    6. Can't trust you guys not to pull this stunt with every new toon y'all plan to release, whether it be marquee, legendary, journey etc.
  • Seriously cheap tactic. Way to give all of us the finger CG. What is the point of introducing this new piece of gear if not sheer greed?
  • It was bound to happen..
    The delay caused more players to farm the required characters by buying less pack and crystals from the store.
    So, if they can't make us panic farm shard, they sure as hell will make us panic farm or buy gear. Could they have introduced them as event rewards, Yes, Will they? I guess the probability of that happening is the same as a Rancor becoming a Jedi.
    Get ready for never before seen drop rates people.
  • Big slap in the face to players. Is it april fools already?
    If they are going to do this to every new toon, it might be time to quit.
  • Hmmm... statistics are showing that a lot of people have hoarded up significant amounts of gear in preparation for the event. They certainly had sufficient time.

That’s OK. The Revan ex machina is working...
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    this is a new low, even for cg!
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    make the event more difficult

the event hasnt been released yet, you don't know if it would be difficult
  • So they want the game to die? Because this is how you accomplish that. Oh you got Darth Revan? Now spend 3 months farming hard nodes just to get him to g9! They already lock every character behind Stunguns and carbantis that are bottlenecked to hell and back but now we have to farm hard nodes?. If CG is going to keep pushing the goalposts back and monetizing every yard I guess it's time to move on.
  • Seriously, blatant greed and disregard for their customer base.
  • And this is why i no longer open up my wallet to this game......... :D
  • I'm sure there will be a gear pack you can buy and save yourself 8 days ;)
  • So.. what was the purpose of adding these exactly? I think we'd all appreciate some insight into this decision from a design POV alongside the patch notes tomorrow.

Not sure what the plan is here - this just delays enjoying the new toon in a strange unfun/unchallenging frustrating kinda way. Farming gear from nodes is horrible, and it's for gear 8/9 rather than some top-end max-out gear?

I'm gonna need a Ryan Reynolds saying "but why?" gif stat!
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Did some miscalculation at the required energy (it's late here in germany -_-), actually it's going to be 8 days!

There are 100 blue (33% drop rate) and 100 purple (21% drop rate) gear pieces to farm for the 2 new items.

So after farming the new OR chars like crazy the last weeks and after hoarding gear and not gearing up any of my chars since Badstila became farmable (sitting on 825 carbs, 400 stun gun salvage, 360 stun cuffs, 400 eye balls, 200 droid callers, etc.) I won't even be able to gear up and finally play DR when the event goes live.

lmao really ? but what are 8 days ? they are nothing, stop complaining, you'll just have to wait a week.it's not like if the event is impossible like thrawn mythic tier 3 and you have to wait 3 months to get a dark revan.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Wow.....I really can’t believe they did this....this is extremely low. Unless you give us those pieces for DR, this may go down as the most cashyist grab ever.
  • Distaste wrote: »
    So they want the game to die? Because this is how you accomplish that. Oh you got Darth Revan? Now spend 3 months farming hard nodes just to get him to g9! They already lock every character behind Stunguns and carbantis that are bottlenecked to hell and back but now we have to farm hard nodes?. If CG is going to keep pushing the goalposts back and monetizing every yard I guess it's time to move on.

Well it's actually a normal node, not hard node..... so there's that I guess? Thanks CG?
  • You all complain but until you all stop dropping so much $$$ on moves like this, things will only get worse. We all know most of you will spend anything to gear him up. Smart business move in my opinion. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Aydnie wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

lmao really ? but what are 8 days ? they are nothing, stop complaining, you'll just have to wait a week.it's not like if the event is impossible like thrawn mythic tier 3 and you have to wait 3 months to get a dark revan.

Thrawn Mythic tier 3 is impossible?
  • I enjoy the game and have been playing near enough from the start, but the money grabbing antics has just dominated over players enjoyment now and people now hate new characters being released to the game on the basis of how much it’s going to cost if they don’t want to wait 6-12 months to get it. I’m not sure whether I want to quit or not but I guarantee not a single penny more will go to this game from myself. If that results in me missing out on more and more characters due to the greed of the company running the game it will just help me finally quit the game. The new gear for 1 character release... just a pathetic move on their part, enjoy your bonus... the rate your going you’ll need to boost packs on a different game soon
  • Everyone is in the same boat on this.
    Wait the 8 days, like the other.

(but I can agree that a pile of 50 blue salvage for 1 low level gear is... Kind of stupidly hard)