Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Replies

• Lol so underhand... you guys never cease to amaze me
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Might as well go ahead and tell us that there will be gear packs to buy for DR for the low price of $69 for one piece. How did you think this was going to be received?? They day before you drop him??
  • You all complain but until you all stop dropping so much $$$ on moves like this, things will only get worse. We all know most of you will spend anything to gear him up. Smart business move in my opinion. 🤷🏼‍♂️

pretty much haha most dont have enough in them to resist not spending
  • I read it somewhere before. Maybe the required pieces will be a part of the journey. Like rewards for a certain tier. Hopefully it will be enough to completely equip it for DR.

Also this new gear probably means - all new toons will need them.
    Which means! You now must choose to farm hardnodes for shards or normal nodes for this piece of gear no one has. Or of course pay.

I think this will be a bottle neck inside a bottle neck only to get to 2-3 more
    Bottle necks.
  • Really hoping this is just future proofing for new toons, and that these items will be part of the rewards in full for obtaining DR.

Otherwise this is an extraordinarily blatant cash grab on top of the cash grab. Very underhanded move.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    Really hoping this is just future proofing for new toons, and that these items will be part of the rewards in full for obtaining DR.

I think it depends on the community's reaction, that's why they kept a few details for tomorrow.
  • Darth_Caedus
    48 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Ultra wrote: »
    1. Telling us after everyone finds out through datamining is why there is a lack of trust. Its underhanded
    2. Inventing two new gear pieces that are a pain to farm just to frustrate all the players who worked hard to unlock him is a bad move. They unlocked a toon they were looking forward to but cannot use it for a few weeks
    3. 100 pieces needed for one full craft. Its purple gear so I'm expecting the next 50 toons to require 10 of these each. Its the worst farmable gear so far. Assuming the same crystal cost as carbanti and other purple gear, you need 2800 crystals to fully craft one gear piece
    4. Farming location limited to a normal node sucks
    5. 20% drop rate for purple gear needs to be revisited
    6. Can't trust you guys not to pull this stunt with every new toon y'all plan to release, whether it be marquee, legendary, journey etc.

I think you've nailed all the pertinent points in my opinion.
    Post edited by Darth_Caedus on
  • Thank you for saving my money.
    I invested money to be ready for this event. That was the first time... and will be the last time.
  • At least its not carbantis or stun guns lol. Well played EA
  • @CG_SBCrumb come on. For just 1 second, think about the playerbase. This is ridiculous. It's not our fault this event was pushed back, why punish us with yet another gear bottleneck? People paid good money, and others spent a great deal of time and all of our crystal stockpiles to get to a spot where we think (we don't even know yet!) we may be able to unlock this toon and continue to sit in the top 20. I fought everyday for months to stock up enough crystals to get these toons done in time, I dropped all the gear I had on them, and my reward now is that I may be able to unlock him and get to gear 8.

Why? Honestly, what is the possible design reason for this move?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    I really don't get why everyone is so upset. Just farm the gear, what's the problem?

So you and everyone else will have Darth Revan at gear 8 for a few days rather than gear 12 immediately. I fail to see why that's making people angry.

Think people are just looking for a legitimate explanation....
  • I'm just glad they aren't stun guns and carbantis. We get a new gear to bottle neck us with new toons so maybe they will relax on the other gear
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    I really don't get why everyone is so upset. Just farm the gear, what's the problem?

So you and everyone else will have Darth Revan at gear 8 for a few days rather than gear 12 immediately. I fail to see why that's making people angry.

Because no-one wants new G8 & 9 pieces, there's already a gear wall there, we don't want it to be bigger, plus a lot won't be able to gear him until he's G12, as most have sliced their good mods to 6 dots, that only can be put on a G12 toon, and most toons are worthless at G8
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Can we please discuss this? It's great that we're having new gear added (not really). I think there's a lot of better times to release new gear like this so why is this being dropped on us randomly within 24 hrs from release of Darth Revan?

Will this new gear be purchasable with $$$$ the same time Darth Revan releases? I'm curious how the community would react if that were to happen. And people are speculating it will take over 1,500 energy to get both pieces. That's a WHOLE lot of energy.

What does everyone think about this sudden drop?

LINK TO GEAR. It's on gear 8 and gear 9.

https://swgoh.gg/characters/darth-revan/gear/
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Dunedain wrote: »

*shrugs* Something different to farm from the Mk5 AK/K Stun Gun stuff? Sounds like a good reason to me.
    You'll still need to farm stun gun on top of this. At least with stun gun, you need 50 of one gear and you can find it in Shard Shop and GET store, events (like forest moon) for free. Carbanti you get weekly. I'd take Carbs over this any day
  • A new low... deva please update the name of the game from galaxy of heroes to Galaxy of Revan
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »

Because no-one wants new G8 & 9 pieces, there's already a gear wall there, we don't want it to be bigger, plus a lot won't be able to gear him until he's G12, as most have sliced their good mods to 6 dots, that only can be put on a G12 toon, and most toons are worthless at G8

I dispute the claim that "no one wants new G8 & 9 pieces". I think it's good. Stops every character needing the same darned gear. And if some people have changed all their mods to 6 dots then maybe, just for a few days, maybe Arena won't come down to who has the best mods. And for once, those with the best mods don't get an automatic advantage over everyone else each time a new character comes out.
    *happy sigh* Sounds good to me.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    ]You'll still need to farm stun gun on top of this.

Yeah but this makes for a nice change of scenery.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    A new low... deva please update the name of the game from galaxy of heroes to Galaxy of Revan

You mean like how after the game first came out people moaned about how it was "Galaxy Of Rebels" and then things changed and people are now moaning there's a different focus?
    Meh. Wait a while, it'll be "Galaxy of Resistance" before the end of the year.

I'm waiting for "Galaxy Of Ugnaughts" ...
  • The new gear for Revan is a minor annoyance. I will be less annoyed if this means new toons will also require this gear letting EA ease up on stun guns and carbantis. That's my hope.

I dispute the claim that "no one wants new G8 & 9 pieces". I think it's good. Stops every character needing the same darned gear. And if some people have changed all their mods to 6 dots then maybe, just for a few days, maybe Arena won't come down to who has the best mods. And for once, those with the best mods don't get an automatic advantage over everyone else each time a new character comes out.

🙄....he still requires carbantis and stun guns.....
    Dunedain wrote: »

*shrugs* Something different to farm from the Mk5 AK/K Stun Gun stuff? Sounds like a good reason to me.

Except he also requires 300 carabantis and 150 stun guns...
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

🙄....he still requires carbantis and stun guns.....

Yeah. I never said he didn't. I said if people can't instantly give him their best mods, that might be a good thing.
    I dispute the claim that "no one wants new G8 & 9 pieces". I think it's good. Stops every character needing the same darned gear.

until the next toon needs 3 stun guns, 2 carbs and 100 of these to get to g9. Seriously man, this gear isn't going to replace something in the bottleneck, it's going to add to it.

• I never come on here to complain and generally come to CG's defense, but this is ridiculous. Its fine to introduce new gear, but maybe give us time to farm it before you release the character who requires it? Now in addition to gearing and leveling all the toons needed to unlock DR we have to worry about farming from scratch new gear for him?? This really is a new low and feels like a money grab because they had to push back the release and probably missed out on money from people buying shards. Completely unnecessary and not well thought out
  • Does the gear come out same time as the Dr Evan event?
  • B0baf3tt wrote: »
    The new gear for Revan is a minor annoyance. I will be less annoyed if this means new toons will also require this gear letting EA ease up on stun guns and carbantis. That's my hope.
    B0baf3tt wrote: »
    The new gear for Revan is a minor annoyance. I will be less annoyed if this means new toons will also require this gear letting EA ease up on stun guns and carbantis. That's my hope.

I view them as stun guns with another name and maybe even slightly less available. Like only on 2 nodes.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member

You can be sure that a lot will still have him maxed ASAP, this gear will not benefit you to become more even with those you are talking about(only if they quit, because of this) This will go down as other cash grabs, a lot of complaining, but people will pay anyway
    My biggest concern is future toons, that will most likely have this new gear, plus the old G8 & 9, making future toons even harder to farm gear for
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection