Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    It's far more than 1500 energy, it's about 7800 energy which is gonna be 8 days if you go for 5 energy refreshs (350 crystals) per day.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    🙄....he still requires carbantis and stun guns.....
    Except he also requires 300 carabantis and 150 stun guns...

I never said he didn't. Just that this new gear means he doesn't require 400 Carabantis ...
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Stenun wrote: »
    Dunedain wrote: »
    I really don't get why everyone is so upset. Just farm the gear, what's the problem?

So you and everyone else will have Darth Revan at gear 8 for a few days rather than gear 12 immediately. I fail to see why that's making people angry.

Think people are just looking for a legitimate explanation....

*shrugs* Something different to farm from the Mk5 AK/K Stun Gun stuff? Sounds like a good reason to me.

Stenun is the type of guy who takes a different, much longer route to work every other month for a nice change of scenery, He still has to get to work in time, but saving time and money is boring.
  • Jokes on us though at the end of the day. Some bell-end will pay for these gear pieces and ruin it for everyone. Yes i will use the term bell-end too because cg are now on clearly full on-board with EA and EA are well known for micto-transactions lately. There we go, EA love ruining their own games *cough* battle front *cough*

We’re not really asking to quit micro-transactions because sure you gotta pay for your 2019 Porche’s... however paywalls are just a no go.

SAY NO TO PAYWALLS!

*disclaimer*

That’s if it’s been confirmed as a pay to earn.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Dunedain wrote: »
    I really don't get why everyone is so upset. Just farm the gear, what's the problem?

So you and everyone else will have Darth Revan at gear 8 for a few days rather than gear 12 immediately. I fail to see why that's making people angry.

Think people are just looking for a legitimate explanation....

*shrugs* Something different to farm from the Mk5 AK/K Stun Gun stuff? Sounds like a good reason to me.

Stenun is the type of guy who takes a different, much longer route to work every other month for a nice change of scenery, He still has to get to work in time, but saving time and money is boring.

Please read my comment above yours.

• DarthMarr wrote: »
    So tbh I played over 800$ to have 7* and g8-9-10 the required toon for Darth revans journey.

Over $800???? Sounds like some poor decisions were made there. You could have had these characters up to that level for FAR cheaper than that. Darth Revan requirements were much less costly than Jedi Revan.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Crumb, my friend

You should've made a puzzle to reveal the new gear pieces
  • I'm going to hold off on being completely and totally angry about this until we find out whether or not they're part of the event.

I'm really hoping we get a post along the lines of: "we're future proofing for the diversity of future toons at the G8/9 levels, and as with previous high expectation events, we will be giving away premium gear, including these new items, as part of the reward package for final unlock."

As usual, their own terrible communication skills bring about the firestorm.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    CG...I want to share a post from our Guild Chat that you need to see. This is from a player who rarely spends but contributes greatly. He agonized over whether he should invest in the Separatist reworks but ultimately decided to instead focus his farm and money into being prepared for Darth Revan. I can't speak for the player base at large, but I'm sure this is being echoed somewhere.

Make this right.
    Well, I guess I’ll see how the Revan gear farm pans out tomorrow when Revan goes live. If indeed Revan requires specific, previously unavailable gear that has to be farmed, I hate to say it, but it will likely be the swan song for me guys.

I paid $80 for the two Old Republic store packs to be ready for Revan, which, for me, is a huge monetary investment. And now it appears that you won’t even be able to progress DR without extensive gear farming or possibly having to spend more money? Yeah, this just kills any remaining fun for me in this game.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Just poor. I know something was messed up so more people have got the necessary toons up to the correct star level but adding extra P2W stuff just for him...
  • 50 pieces of blue salvage for a low level gear is a lot.
  • Crumb announces new gear.
    Camera pans to the community-
    Collective Jim Halpert face
    :/

Hahah. Nice 😬
  • Astronavigatrix
    41 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Way to kill any enthusiasm that might have been building around this event.
    No one wants to spend weeks farming more gear after spending weeks piling gear onto marginally useful OR toons.
    At the very least, this should have been available the moment the event was announced. This will only served to escalate the prevailing Revan fatigue.
  • Megzy
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    This is disgusting, you are seriously just going to drop this as a "oh by the way" the day before release. This is absolutely disgusting business practice and I really didn't expect this of CG. Dissapointed.

If you are going to add gear to the game do it as its own separate update. Dont just tack it on to an already growing paywall.
  • This is why everything surrounding us is a dumpster fire ALL THE TIME. @CG_Carrie
    Ooba hutar.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Megzy wrote: »
    This is absolutely disgusting business practice and I really didn't expect this of CG. Dissapointed.

You must be new here... or you're being sarcastic. Sarcasm is sometimes hard to detect in text form.
  • Way to kill any enthusiasm that might have been building around this event.
    No one wants to spend weeks farming more gear after spending weeks piling gear onto marginally useful OR toons.
    At the very least, this should have been available the moment the event was announced. This will only served to escalate the prevailing Revan fatigue.

I wonder if it was a decision made this weekend due to more players possibly getting DR than what they expected? They have bosses to answer to as well 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • This is utter crap! Introducing a brand new piece of gear, that only 1 character in the entire game can use! And not to mention only hours/days before you bring out a JOURNEYS event! It's things like this that make me want to quit, and take my business elsewhere! Way to go CG! 😠
  • Stenun wrote: »
    I guess forum mods are just equally capable as CG.

You do realise that's a compliment, right?
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/capable

From context, I think the word you were looking for was "culpable"?
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/culpable

Not that I agree with you. Just if you're going to accuse someone of something, you could at least get the word right.

Still not a compliment.
  • I have all gears saved up for darth revan to get him to gear 12 but i need 200 of these new gears??????
  • I have all gears saved up for darth revan to get him to gear 12 but i need 200 of these new gears??????

Yeah, its the new trick of CG to Revanue
  • I'm just glad I didn't pay to unlock darth revan this time around, else I'd have to pay extra more. It's just sad that this is the stance to take. Should just make these new pieces of gear craft able from existing gear if you wanted those specific stats. Dirty way to close out your end of year balance huh?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Any change we could be getting this gear or at least some of it during the event?
  • Better add your negative comments back since they deleted all of them
  • Comments are definitely being deleted...
  • Honestly the more i read these posts and think about this the angrier i get. The fact that they just drop this the day before the character release is so unbelievably scummy. I farmed like crazy to get the OR toons to 7* because DR is one of my favorite characters. Thanks for ruining any excitement i had for this release CG
  • How beautiful.
    All negative coments are being deleted