Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Replies

  • Boozerprompt
    50 posts Member
    edited March 25
    I’m far from a CG apologist (I will never stream an EA game, per example). However, this doesn’t seem unreasonable. It’s just expanding the game, creating a minor paywall to maximize end of fiscal year revenue, and really doesn’t seem that bad. I’m assuming few people that have old republic toons starred and geared have 300 carbanti and stun guns laying around, so why complain about new gear? Gonna need to farm gear if you’re ftp/small ptp anyway. They’re just making it a bit more of a paywall.

    Shoot, we don’t really know much about Dr Evan and who he works with...this is just another piece to the puzzle, and I’m excited to get some theory crafting on. Pretty sure Ururururururu will be the best fifth option, btw.
  • Pyrefly wrote: »
    ...Both will be available to earn from nodes but we will have more details to share about these gear pieces with the Update notes tomorrow
    How do you guys all interprete that as a "paywall", there is no need to pay for any of the new gear. The text clearly states the pieces will be farmable = f2p available.
    It’s a matter of principles.. but seeing you defending this **** move, wow!

    I neither defended it or raised pitch forks. To be honest, this is not something that upsets me one way or the either. I'm just amazed at all the reactions.
    Same here, totally agree.
    People go crazy and assume the worst when there are not even enough details to judge if it will be a good or bad thing overall. The gear could appear on very easy nodes or even be part of the event rewards. Or it's just something that the game needs in the long run to balance things out a little, make gear requirements for new characters more diverse and at the same time, make an attempt to stop people from stockpiling and sandbagging too much. Another thing that hasn't been mentioned yet and you all seem to forget is that JKR was already arena viable against most other teams at g8 as long as he had all zetas attached. I wouldn't spend money for gear that will only afford another few days of patience.
  • Why wouldn’t they do it? It’s not ever going to get better, Canderous’s gear requirement of raid gear to reach gear 8 was the test, there was a small uproar on the forum that died and went away. Everyone still paid $$$$$ so gear requirements will only get worse from here.
  • APX_919
    2204 posts Member
    What I am hearing is variations on a theme:

    "CG forced me to change my strategy and up my game. Unfair!"

    While this new gear is...unfortunate...in its timing and gear level, it is attainable without paying so it is not a paywall. It is a timewall, gonna take time to farm it so probably very few Darth Revans in Arena tomorrow evening because of it.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    Because you have to wait 8 days? You all grab the pitch forks? In my mind 8 days of waiting is still free. Wow!

    First off "I've got two guns, one for each of ya" and AIC forever. But on to the matter at hand. Its 8 days of 5 refreshes a day, if you have good rng. Not exactly "free" since that's gonna cost crystals. Plus its the principle of CG basically being like F you to all of the loyal fans. I understand wanting to make money but this is nonsense

    Maybe you're overreacting a bit. I think for most crystals are generated free everyday in fleet and character arenas. Spending crystals in this game can be done without spending RL $. To illustrate my point, these 2 new pieces of gear won't cost me a dime. If it costs you anything, somehow you're making costly choices that only you control.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • O
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Because you have to wait 8 days? You all grab the pitch forks? In my mind 8 days of waiting is still free. Wow!

    First off "I've got two guns, one for each of ya" and AIC forever. But on to the matter at hand. Its 8 days of 5 refreshes a day, if you have good rng. Not exactly "free" since that's gonna cost crystals. Plus its the principle of CG basically being like F you to all of the loyal fans. I understand wanting to make money but this is nonsense

    Maybe you're overreacting a bit. I think for most crystals are generated free everyday in fleet and character arenas. Spending crystals in this game can be done without spending RL $. To illustrate my point, these 2 new pieces of gear won't cost me a dime. If it costs you anything, somehow you're making costly choices that only you control.

    Or, you can be willing to spend money. No one is forcing you to be #1 in arena...
  • @ImYourHuckleberry in agreement with you, btw.
  • @ImYourHuckleberry in agreement with you, btw.

    LOL... I know.... You bring up a good point for sure!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Dunedain wrote: »
    And this is why i no longer open up my wallet to this game......... :D

    This
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Dunedain wrote: »
    And this is why i no longer open up my wallet to this game......... :D

    This

    You're welcome.

    (I assuming you're thanking me when I spend to keep the game alive so you can play. Right?)

    So you're welcome.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Cadmus
    28 posts Member
    Hey, honestly, adding new gear pieces is a good idea. I can get behind it. However, throwing these suckers out on a major character drop where people have spent some significant cash is just shady and screams ‘charge-back’ to me. That gear better drop in the event or you can bet I’ll be filing for a refund on my OR packs.
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    I'm not sure the majority of you know how ridiculous you sound, from my perspective that is F2P since launch. Its hilareous to hear such an outpouring of people who are complaining about having to choose between farming gear naturally and patiently (yes new, invented for the sole purpose of milking you **** just a bit more and milk you they will!) or paying for the gearwall piece. oh my goodness says c3p0, the horror!

    I honestly dont know which makes me more disgusted: CG gear walling a specific toon at the very last second or the public acting the way they are about it.

    you are nothing but cows to cg. how many times do you need to hear this?? and why do you act surprised when they treat you as such??

    so sick and tired of living amongst ****.
  • Gorem
    1185 posts Member
    "people go crazy and assume the worst"

    "Assume the worst"

    "The worst"

    Are you a new player @CadoaBane ? You sound like a new player that doesn't know anything about EA or CG and their practices. Revan was released on purpose too quickly to force people to spend 300 dollars or face losing their top spots in arena. Hstr release took months and months of ignored feedback before they finally changed it. They reduced the health of t1 sith by like 90% and T6 in HALF.

    Ships, don't need to say more.

    Banning of TW, which again, 60 pages of ignoring.

    Ignored here, ignored there, everything they do proves again and again that that they hate us and only care about the non-smart people who are willing to spend thousands upon thousands into this game because star wars.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    edited March 25
    First you guys keep changing character kits cause of a raid (instead of changing the actual raid itself), then GG gets a bad rework so both Revans go unchallenged, Darth Revan's event is supposed to be as hard as Chewie's event. Finally, now players need new pieces of gear in order to make Darth Revan viable. No thanks, I'll just start playing a different game.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Lol people begging to see Darth Revan’s gear list.

    CG: You must have 200 brand new gear pieces just to get him to gear 10 lmao
  • Mzee
    1704 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »
    What I am hearing is variations on a theme:

    "CG forced me to change my strategy and up my game. Unfair!"

    While this new gear is...unfortunate...in its timing and gear level, it is attainable without paying so it is not a paywall. It is a timewall, gonna take time to farm it so probably very few Darth Revans in Arena tomorrow evening because of it.

    In games like this a timewall is a paywall.

    I personally am not too upset by it, but will wait to see how it goes.
  • G20
    132 posts Member
    edited March 25
    @Cg_sbcrumb i dont know how you do it, dealing with all the pessimism.
    Can't make everyone happy I guess.

    You should ask for a raise
  • I am not defending this change and the timing really sucks but perhaps this is a good thing longterm, spread the gear grind out among parts instead of the usual 4-5 item bottleneck
  • Gorem wrote: »
    "people go crazy and assume the worst"

    "Assume the worst"

    "The worst"

    Are you a new player @CadoaBane ? You sound like a new player that doesn't know anything about EA or CG and their practices. Revan was released on purpose too quickly to force people to spend 300 dollars or face losing their top spots in arena. Hstr release took months and months of ignored feedback before they finally changed it. They reduced the health of t1 sith by like 90% and T6 in HALF.
    No I am not a new player. I was a passive forum reader for most of the time, that's why this account is newer, but have played swgoh for about 2 years now. And this is not the only game under EA license that I play, also not the first Star Wars game, so... what's your point? There are things worth to criticize, but this is not one of them imho.
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ships, don't need to say more.
    Don't know what you mean, I enjoy ships. Remaining in the top 3 since before ships 2.0 (and before you ask, no I don't own a HMF yet but have good counter fleet) .
    Gorem wrote: »
    Banning of TW, which again, 60 pages of ignoring.
    That's not quite true. Sure they didn't respond to all the threads, but in hindsight they reacted to it by officially stating that they heard the critique and won't be doing that kind of character bans again. People, especially on the internet, just can't be patient at all. But getting anything instantly on demand is what makes people pay too much, which is good for EA and leads to your next point. ;)
    Gorem wrote: »
    Ignored here, ignored there, everything they do proves again and again that that they hate us and only care about the non-smart people who are willing to spend thousands upon thousands into this game because star wars.
    Getting things/characters/ships the second time around works pretty well for me f2p and I don't expect more from a freemium model. But it relies on such spenders, that's the cruel truth. I agree with many others that it would be better for the game to rather rely on a large group of casual, minor spenders than on a smaller number of big spenders. There are of course paywalls - or patience walls for f2p - in this game. But my point is, in this case - the new gear pieces - there is no paywall, only a few days of patience needed.
  • Well, now i am **** off, hehe
  • Typical...

    Well if the brand new unique gear is being released onto nodes on the holo table, surely it’ll be somewhere that has decent drop rates or energy refresh rate. They’d never push a crucial gear piece of character shard somewhere like a single ship node that has the slowest and most expensive refresh rates.
  • Pretty neat it gives speed.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Typical...

    Well if the brand new unique gear is being released onto nodes on the holo table, surely it’ll be somewhere that has decent drop rates or energy refresh rate. They’d never push a crucial gear piece of character shard somewhere like a single ship node that has the slowest and most expensive refresh rates.

    Inb4 20 energy ship node
  • Chuey
    77 posts Member
    A disgusting last minute attempt to dupe the masses to spending more, just because a large number anticipated this release and saved and farmed. How long have you been sitting on this idea waiting for the opportunity to punish everyone because your bottom line. I get you gotta make money but this is just offensive. Reaks of EA involvement tbh.
  • Stenun
    506 posts Member
    A lot of players seem to be upset that they took a gamble and lost. That's very much how I'm interpreting this situation.
    Nobody ever said that Darth Revan's required gear was all already in game; you all just assumed it was and spent money on a a false assumption. You have now been revealed to have been wrong and are upset at some people who had absolutely nothing to do with your erroneous assumption in the first place.

    Maybe instead of getting angry at others for your gambling not paying off, maybe learn from this experience? And instead of spending money because you think something MIGHT be needed, wait until you learn what actually IS needed?
  • Stenun wrote: »
    A lot of players seem to be upset that they took a gamble and lost. That's very much how I'm interpreting this situation.
    Nobody ever said that Darth Revan's required gear was all already in game; you all just assumed it was and spent money on a a false assumption. You have now been revealed to have been wrong and are upset at some people who had absolutely nothing to do with your erroneous assumption in the first place.

    Maybe instead of getting angry at others for your gambling not paying off, maybe learn from this experience? And instead of spending money because you think something MIGHT be needed, wait until you learn what actually IS needed?

    I think you are wrong on that. People are angry because what it looks like is that they screwed up with some of his programming having to delay it and to try and get some money back that they would lose because hes delayed they changed gear to a new type. If it was introduced at the beginning with "we are releasing him and he has this new gear" that would be fine.

    However this has been "we are releasing him" "wait, we have to delay it" "oh look, new gear you will have to farm for ages to get him to be viable or pay us"
  • Stenun
    506 posts Member
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    A lot of players seem to be upset that they took a gamble and lost. That's very much how I'm interpreting this situation.
    Nobody ever said that Darth Revan's required gear was all already in game; you all just assumed it was and spent money on a a false assumption. You have now been revealed to have been wrong and are upset at some people who had absolutely nothing to do with your erroneous assumption in the first place.

    Maybe instead of getting angry at others for your gambling not paying off, maybe learn from this experience? And instead of spending money because you think something MIGHT be needed, wait until you learn what actually IS needed?

    I think you are wrong on that. People are angry because what it looks like is that they screwed up with some of his programming having to delay it and to try and get some money back that they would lose because hes delayed they changed gear to a new type. If it was introduced at the beginning with "we are releasing him and he has this new gear" that would be fine.

    However this has been "we are releasing him" "wait, we have to delay it" "oh look, new gear you will have to farm for ages to get him to be viable or pay us"

    How much money do you think this delay really cost them? I mean, look at all the people in this thread who have been saying they spent money to try and get ready. He's not even out and he's earning them money.
    But for some reason, people are saying the delay cost them? How, exactly? And how much?
  • Tounet10101
    10 posts Member
    edited March 25
    Well 3 month for release a new arena meta, farm is abject, requirement are really hard cuz you can't release him before, delay release cuz of "bug" and finally add new gear at G8 and G9. Just a question CG: Do you want to kill this game or just taking us for stupid guy?
  • Stenun
    506 posts Member
    Well 3 month for release a new arena meta, farm is abject, requirement are really hard cuz you can't release him before, delay release cuz of "bug" and finally add new gear at G8 and G9. Just a question CG: Do you want to kill this game or just taking us for stupid guy?

    May I ask where you're from?
Sign In or Register to comment.