Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    About time. This ought to be interesting. :)

Yeah as long as everyone understands it won't be perfect..... NO ONE should want it "perfect" but they have gadzillions of miles of leeway to actually improve the matchmaking.....let's see what this step accomplishes :)
  • Of course, by no means will it be perfect but it eliminates the most glaring imbalance and should help clarify the relative impacts of roster structure and player skill.
  • Also the game is down and unable to play I'm losing cristal s because this is my Arena run time thanks Developers
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So, after the update "Grand Arena Matchmaking Improvements: Character-only Grand Arena matchmaking is no longer impacted by Ships GP" when will be the next improvement in Grand Arena matchmaking against Characters x Fleet? Keep the territories with 75% character power and only 25% fleet still not working.

If my opponent has a Revan team he can put this wall right in front of the Fleet Territory and avoid the enemy to reach the Fleet territory. If we are going to consider both GP (Toons and Fleet) when we have fleet battles I would like to see 2 territories for Fleet and 2 territories for characters.

The territories must be:
    [Fleet] [Toons]
    [Toons] [Fleet]

This way if my opponent hides a week fleet behind a Revan wall, I can hide a week Toon team behind my Millennium Falcon wall.

Looks fair to me.

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Unfortunately a lot of people are not going to be able to field four fleets.

A more realistic ask would be to move the one fleet zone up to the front:
    [fleet] [squad]
    [squad] [squad]
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Unfortunately a lot of people are not going to be able to field four fleets.
    Well, it isn't different from the people that are not able to fill the squad territories properly as well. 50%/50% is the right math if you are going to consider both GP.

Move the fleet territory to the front is a nice fix for now until they find another solution, but isn't the best choice since still 75%/25%. For an easy fix, they can also consider 25% fleet GP only, but it's the best choice as well.

The people here in this forum already gave them a lot of ideas like a fleet battle without capital ships, people use the capital ships (only) for defense and attack.

It's time for them to think about some solution and present it to us.
    We don't want lazy developers.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    For some players fleet is 25% of their GP, but for many of us who invested heavily in fleet its more like 45%.

The long term solution is not going to be a fix for GA specifically, its going to be releasing 2 or more new capital ships, a few more new ships, and ship raid content that rewards players for maintaining 5 or more fleet teams. When the PVE content is there to motivate people to maintain more than 1 or 2 fleet teams, they will invest into ships more, and then we can start seeing GAs that support more than 1 defense fleet.

Pre TB I had maybe 5 or 6 character squads I focused on, the only other reason to upgrade more characters than that was for special legendary unlocks and such. Back then I only needed 5 teams for raids and 1 of them was usually my arena a team. Now days I need like 4 good teams for each side of the TB, then they added TW so I made a few more of my average squads better, then came Sith Raid and I needed to work on a few of my lesser teams for specific phases where they excelled. After all of that they release GW and so yeah I have a bunch of good character squads now cause I needed them... Up till now you needed 1 or 2 Fleet teams so asking folks to field 2 defending teams and then have 2 or more attacking teams would be stretching our capabilities, once we have more content to make having more fleet teams actually worth wild I can see the GA areas for fleet expanding.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Sentia wrote: »
    asking folks to field 2 defending teams and then have 2 or more attacking teams would be stretching our capabilities
    They already do it to us that invested on fleet more than squads, we must stretching our squad capabilities to fill the squad territories, at least would be fair make the people that invested more in squads to stretching their capabilities on fleet even more. This way we'll have week squads and they will have week fleets.

Again, the people here in this forum already gave them a lot of ideas. Our job is to ask for solutions, the way it's today (75%/25%) isn't good. We cannot wait they think about new fleet contents BEFORE fixing the GA, GA is the reality we have and they must work to improve it, why should the people enjoy a game mode that they have no chance to win with fair battles?

If they don't know how to do it, that's fine. Make the GA squad only and fleet only, don't mix both.
    Easier than this? IMPOSSIBLE. Problem solved.
    Post edited by Chima on
  • @CG_SBCrumb wanna explain why with only 4 cap ships we are expected to max and field them all?

Also want to explain why rewards were nerfed yet again? Mod slicing material isn’t what we want. Zeta’s, omegas and gear like carbs, guns, cuffs and gold eyeballs are what we want and need.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    They chose the way to play the way they did because before GA there was no punishment for having higher GP. You can't use that as an excuse and base your entire post on it.

Nothing in game existed before GA that made you not want to seven star everything.

Nothing in game existed before GA that made you regret putting mods on toons

Nothing in game existed before GA that made you hate yourself for gearing toons.

Every single way you could play before GA hit, made GA harder for you. And the thing is, GA now forces new players into a non-GP gaining focus so they get more wins. It forces older players to lower their GP or focus on getting less GP.

Because GA actively punishes you for having higher numbers since it doesn't care about your roster. If GA actually cared about your roster then everything would be different and the main argument against GA would not exist. Basing on GP, and also including ship GP in squad only combat was a mistake from the start.

Not to mention that crumb himself said that players shouldn't be penalized for gearing and leveling their roster. This was their main rationale for the zombie nerf.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb wanna explain why with only 4 cap ships we are expected to max and field them all?

Also want to explain why rewards were nerfed yet again? Mod slicing material isn’t what we want. Zeta’s, omegas and gear like carbs, guns, cuffs and gold eyeballs are what we want and need.

wiki the terms : greed, grinch, cantankerous, miser,
  • 3 Omegas? really? my Grand Arena excitement just went through the roof!
  • Can someone point out to me how this game is balanced?? I have yet to find it.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Daffy wrote: »
    3 Omegas? really? my Grand Arena excitement just went through the roof!

For someone who always finishes at the bottom... my excitement level is 5 out of 100 right now.... the mod salvage is the only thing remotely going to help me..... there is definitely NOTHING in those rewards that could help me progress from the bottom to the middle....since the top is so far out of reach
  • Any reason for the change to just 2 territories in the 2.5 bracket? Last time we had ships I had 3 territories for chars and 1 for fleet. Now I have 1 fleet and 1 char that needs 5 squads. Being that I don't have jkr and my op does if he sticks him on def then that leaves me just fleet that I can take
  • These rewards for six days of work are strait up bantha fodder. Way to incentivize the populous.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    LOLOLOLOLOLO...

Let me get this straight.... you get penalized for having a better fleet than your opponent (in a way) in a mirror match where everyone goes offense...... If I kill his fleet in 27 seconds with perfect toons and he kills my fleet in 3 minutes he get's more points cause he has 5 ships on the board where I only had 3....

please tell me that's wrong ? seems a bit counter to spirit of the game

EDIT no I DID NOT lose because of it....seems like mathwise someone could lose because of it
  • I have bounty hunters at 94,000 bossk & boba fett both zeta’d & I lost to a bh squad w/83,000 power & only bossk had a zeta. So the grand arena sucks.... just as bad as TT wars. Smh.
  • keknoby
    93 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    it's a trap...
    how can this be possible...
    j62z0c8q3f4k.png
    23k GP with a 5 stars home one and 7 stars ships, all level 85 + 7 stars pilots ?
    and 0/4 reinforcements ? seems not possible when you set your defense, you have to fill the cases...
    it's a trap in order to make me waste my fleet
    (and yes i'm french, so sorry if my english isn't perfect)
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Apparently there is a bug.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Happened to me too. I sent in just falcon, biggs and wedge with no reinforcements... lucky it was enough
  • Chima wrote: »
    So, after the update "Grand Arena Matchmaking Improvements: Character-only Grand Arena matchmaking is no longer impacted by Ships GP" when will be the next improvement in Grand Arena matchmaking against Characters x Fleet? Keep the territories with 75% character power and only 25% fleet still not working.

If my opponent has a Revan team he can put this wall right in front of the Fleet Territory and avoid the enemy to reach the Fleet territory. If we are going to consider both GP (Toons and Fleet) when we have fleet battles I would like to see 2 territories for Fleet and 2 territories for characters.

The territories must be:
    [Fleet] [Toons]
    [Toons] [Fleet]

This way if my opponent hides a week fleet behind a Revan wall, I can hide a week Toon team behind my Millennium Falcon wall.

Looks fair to me.

So if we have to use all 4 fleets possible then how about we set 17 defense teams an have 17 offense teams (thats all 170 toons) then it would be fair
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    you’ll never fight the same opponent twice in a Grand Arena event.

I'm facing a guy I've faced before...
  • SHAD0W4576 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

You’ve faced the guy in two different GAs not twice in the same one.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    SHAD0W4576 wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

But you wont fight the same guy twice in one event which I am pretty sure is what he was referring to.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Why are you penalized by having a better fleet than someone..... they put trash in you dont have a choice but to kill em and you lose points by not being able to get 5 ships on the board.... should tweak that...
  • Again developers show that they do not care about the fleets.
    One ship battle in one territory worth almost nothing comparing to character territories.

The guy has 240k more character GP which means at least two fully zetaed g12 squads and he puts a garbage fleet on defense. He defeated my fleet from second attempt. I defeat his fleet from first attempt, but I made more attempts on character territory because he had more characters to use and his defense was better, while he still kept decent squads for an attack.

Why there is no way for people focused on ships to use that excessive fleet GP difference to their advantage?

This lack of dedication to balance in Grand Arena reminds me when the game was first released... they just couldn't add a simple check for a negative number in a store where it was possible to sell gear. Selling the negative amount of gear resulted in BUYING gear. They've fixed it eventually... at first by just removing ability to sell excess gear.
  • Each base zone is worth the what makes charters worth more is that theres more teams in the zone the more teams so 1 fleet(team) isnt and wont = 7 teams in a zone points for killing all fleets is worth less then killing all toons for it to be equal would need to place the same number of fleets as squads
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Each base zone is worth the what makes charters worth more is that theres more teams in the zone the more teams so 1 fleet(team) isnt and wont = 7 teams in a zone points for killing all fleets is worth less then killing all toons for it to be equal would need to place the same number of fleets as squads
    A top fleet is worth around 400k GP while a top squad is worth around 100k GP. By that measure, my opponent's fleet zone should be worth 4/5 the points of his squad zone.
  • I don’t know if others are having the issue to but I didn’t like the current setup for GA. It didn’t effect my 1st 2 battles with opponents but this one I was close roster wise with my opponent but because his ships were better he cleared the ship zone and I lost. Even though I cleared more squads than him in character zone. Doesn’t seem fair. r5yak2f0ze0d.png