Preview Darth Revan’s Gear on SWGOH.GG [MEGA]

Replies

• Again, why so salty? In 8 days no one will even be talking about this. 8 days!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    DarthMarr wrote: »
    Boot liker.

Put me down as a Boot Liker, too! I like boots! They keep my feet warm in the snow!
  • Drop rate? Same like stun gun (so 1% :p )?
  • Padas
    52 posts Member
    Whether you spend money on this game or not this is an absolutely disgusting business practice. Shame
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Padas wrote: »
    Whether you spend money on this game or not this is an absolutely disgusting business practice. Shame

No it isn't. It just is something that you didn't expect that inconveniences your desire to get Darth Revan to g12 instantly. That doesn't equate to "absolutely disgusting business practice".
    Google the term "sweat shop". THEN you'll see some genuine "absolute disgusting business practice". Stopping you instantly getting a computer game character in the manner you assumed you would but instead delaying it by about a week is not in the same league.
    Have some perspective, please.
  • Again, why so salty? In 8 days no one will even be talking about this. 8 days!

8 days if you buy 3 refreshes each day and spend it all on this.
    Thats 3 x 50 x 8 = 1200 crystals, PLUS
    having to wait 8 days for something that youve earned already, PLUS
    delaying your farming plans by 8 days.

So no, its not 'just 8 days'.
    Disgusting move from CG.

And dont have illusions, if this passes this time, you can expect same unannounced, immediate paywalls very frequently from now on, let it be for platoon, raids, new characters or whatever they please to force you to get.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    having to wait 8 days for something that youve earned already,

Seriously? Do you expect someone to even dignify that with a response?
  • Padas wrote: »
    lol
    excessive guys
  • Maybe I am missing something. This limits the amount of Darth Revans going to the top of the arena G12 which means if there is game breaking mechanics then this will be limited. From a developer point of view gives them a week of live testing effectively. I think this is why they have done it. They’re not sure how amazing he will be so this limits how many people will get him....
  • Wait a minute everyone! Aren't you forgetting the sense of 'Pride and Accomplishment' you'll be achieving once you've finally geared your D.Revan…?
  • Chuey
    77 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I think some misunderstand the ire being expressed here, personally my issue isn’t that CG are trying to extract money, it’s their business afterall. It’s the last minute manner in which all this has happened. I’m in a shard chat of around 25 people who anticipated this and saved crystals for months, farmed the required characters early. 25 people who will get DR on release without spending a dime.

Jedi Revan cost money, there was no getting away from that, and I’m thinking now they’re not making nearly enough from DR as they did from JKR. From my perspective, this act is directly aimed at punishing people who anticipated and planned based on the theory that history would repeat itself.

So no, this for me has nothing to do with the delay, they will have had this event ready well ahead of schedule. in my mind the delay was put in place so they could dust off their ‘plan b’ option of introducing new gear to make this release worth their while (to appease EA most likely).

Hey, prove me wrong CG plz do but as a consumer who has enjoyed and invested in your product over the years I find this low. You’ve been criticised so much over the years for lack of communication and last minute info drops. This has to be the worst. Just my opinion.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Again, why so salty? In 8 days no one will even be talking about this. 8 days!
    its 24 days if you don’t do 3 daily refreshes per day

You’re still “spending” to get to 8 days
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    @Stenun Mind to post your swgoh.gg profile? Or tell us if you'll get DR 1st time?
    If not (which I guess applies to many ppl here defending CG's disgusting move) it has a bad aftertaste that someone who's not affected by it is defending this move.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    I have no issue farming or buying the gear from shipments if need be

I have enough crystals stockpiled. Even if I was able to g12 DR immediately I can’t run him in my arena since my SA SM are low gear and that’ll take days so I am in no rush

Farming the gear is not an issue and they’ve introduced new gear before and that was never an issue either (other than how g12+ is distributed)

They went about this the wrong way
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie So.... uh, how do you guys feel this going?
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    @Stenun Mind to post your swgoh.gg profile? Or tell us if you'll get DR 1st time?
    If not (which I guess applies to many ppl here defending CG's disgusting move) it has a bad aftertaste that someone who's not affected by it is defending this move.

*lol* Whether I am going to get Darth Revan first time or not has absolutely nothing to do with the logic of my arguments. You just want an excuse to not have to actually address what I'm saying and instead resort to ad hominem attacks. No. I'm not going to play that game. Deal with what I'm saying, don't try and make me the focus instead of my words.
  • DarthMarr wrote: »
    Hmmm... statistics are showing that a lot of people have hoarded up significant amounts of gear in preparation for the event. They certainly had sufficient time.

That’s OK. The Revan ex machina is working...

I think players horde resources before evry major event, and yet here is the 1st time they pull out this move to mess with players.

This^^^
  • Stenun wrote: »

*lol* Whether I am going to get Darth Revan first time or not has absolutely nothing to do with the logic of my arguments. You just want an excuse to not have to actually address what I'm saying and instead resort to ad hominem attacks. No. I'm not going to play that game. Deal with what I'm saying, don't try and make me the focus instead of my words.

Spoken like a true troll. There are two types of people in this thread, those who give a ... and those who are openly enjoying the misery of those who give one. It’s clear which camp you’re in.

Of course this all seems perfectly reasonable if you couldn’t care less, but telling others what they should/shouldn’t care about is a little beyond your pay grade.
  • Stenun wrote: »

Nah it definitely has something to do with your argument, because if you were stuck in the same scenario with the rest of us who have been spending thousands of crystals and probably hundreds of dollars you would be annoyed enough already by the delay, on top of having to spend even more thousands of crystals just to gear him past 8 and 9. Your defending CG from an outsider perspective since you arent the one being directly affected by it, which makes your points dismissive and devalue our actual complaints to this.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie So.... uh, how do you guys feel this going?

They dont need to either you will accept of and farm it or be stick with a g8 DR. The choice is yours
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • xxragnarjsxx
    244 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Stenun wrote: »

100% Troll

Added gear is all about paywall.
    Even if there is long term use.
    Simple fact , they waited too long to roll him out, and now are grasping for a new way to force spending.
    It also removes the fun aspect of saving and planning for the toon rollout.
    Which yes, does exist for many. Not that you would know or have experienced

Previous toons have had paywall BEFORE they were unlocked.
    Or are you new here?

You act As if it’s some crime for those who have spent to be ready in anticipation of the new toon to be mildly upset.

• Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I have no issue farming or buying the gear from shipments if need be

I have enough crystals stockpiled. Even if I was able to g12 DR immediately I can’t run him in my arena since my SA SM are low gear and that’ll take days so I am in no rush

Farming the gear is not an issue and they’ve introduced new gear before and that was never an issue either (other than how g12+ is distributed)

They went about this the wrong way

I am sure you can use Sion an nihilus and not SA SM
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    I completely understand that CG took too long with this. Now, everyone is going to have DRevan and its just going to be a quick meta switch with JKR being replaced with DR. The timing is actually really favorable to players though, more people will get him the first time. That's fine but instead of letting the the good will happen, they change the game. Creating a completely new gear piece is ridiculous. Making folks wait to farm the new gear OR buy it is a really poor decision.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie So.... uh, how do you guys feel this going?

They dont need to either you will accept of and farm it or be stick with a g8 DR. The choice is yours

Sorry, they don't need to what exactly? I asked how they felt this was going.