Darth Revan - Huge Disappointment

Prev134567
Broxxor
595 posts Member
edited March 2019
I'm running Darth Revan and have switched between various Sith Empire combos. All G12+3 (except Sith Trooper) and all with my previous Arena Mods from JKR.

On offense - it blows through JKR. Easily.

On defense? DOES NOT HOLD AT ALL. JKR blows through this team. WTH?!?!?!?!? People spent all this time and money and their valuable in-game currencies (zetas, omegas, etc) for a glorified non-meta squad? It's basically the same as General Grievous. Great on offense - drops on defense to an "old meta".

If this is working as intended, then I'm guessing there's going to be some MASSIVE disappointment here. I'm being beat by teams (through people in my shard chat experimenting) with much lesser mods and even lesser gear to some extent.

Extremely disappointing unless CG was expecting us to use non Sith Empire in this team comp.
Post edited by Broxxor on

Replies

• It is likely to be Malak that will elevate the team. There's been a quite obvious hint to his arrival.
  • Broxxor wrote: »
    I'm running Darth Revan and have switched between various Sith Empire combos. All G12+3 (except Sith Trooper) and all with my previous Arena Mods from JKR.

On defense? DOES NOT HOLD AT ALL. JKR blows through this team. WTH?!?!?!?!? People spent all this time and money and their valuable in-game currencies (zetas, omegas, etc) for a glorified non-meta squad? It's basically the same as General Grievous. Great on offense - drops on defense to an "old meta".

If this is working as intended, then I'm guessing there's going to be some MASSIVE disappointment here. I'm being beat by teams (through people in my shard chat experimenting) with much lesser mods and even lesser gear to some extent.

Extremely disappointing unless CG was expecting us to use non Sith Empire in this team comp.

give it time.
    And besides, do you really want a meta blow away (Literally Revan 2??)
    Atleast it adds some diversity.
    Now Traya, ClS, Revan and Darth Revan can take 1 (and JTR/Grevious sometimes)
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    hotdeaths wrote: »
    Broxxor wrote: »

give it time.

No. I absolutely don't want that.

As of now - there's no reason to stick with a DR team. Unless there's a non Sith Empire combo - this is a big whiff by CG.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    hotdeaths wrote: »

give it time.

Diversity won't happen if DRevan won't hold better on defense.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • sigsig
    234 posts Member
    Waiting for the Ewoks can beat Darth Revan video
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    I wouldnt be surprised if they could
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    @Kyno - Just curious, why the title edit?

• iBics
    58 posts Member

U got DR to g12+?? How did u get the new gear already
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno - Just curious, why the title edit?

We ask that you dont over use the caps in the title, just fixing that.
  • Lilpup
    403 posts Member

Not sure what you were expecting. But "in theory", if it held on defense, then you wouldn't be able to win on offense to move up....because it would be holding on defense.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    first guy with a full g12, full zetad DRevan team on my leaderboard got beat by a 234(!) speed revan team.
    This is not looking promissing.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno - Just curious, why the title edit?

We ask that you dont over use the caps in the title, just fixing that.

Got it. Can you change it back to my original title "Massive Disappointment: Darth Revan" - It kind of changes the subject and tone of the thread.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Lilpup wrote: »

Not sure what you were expecting. But "in theory", if it held on defense, then you wouldn't be able to win on offense to move up....because it would be holding on defense.

JKR blows through DR in 45 seconds on offense. Without using savior or falling out of protection.

That means that DR is NOT a viable arena team at all. It's GG 2.0 basically.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    iBics wrote: »

U got DR to g12+?? How did u get the new gear already

I bought it.
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member

Theres a difference between putting up a challenge on defence and being a complete 1 minute stomping.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    first guy with a full g12, full zetad DRevan team on my leaderboard got beat by a 234(!) speed revan team.
    This is not looking promissing.

Putting my JKR mods on DR - I'm at +169 speed, and +1012 offense. Ive gotten blown out by guys who aren't near as fast or well modded. I'm assuming there's an issue with his kit (or hoping there is) as this is the most disappointed I've been with a character in this game.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Calbion wrote: »

Theres a difference between putting up a challenge on defence and being a complete 1 minute stomping.

Bingo. I ran droids back in the day FOREVER. Like...well into the Chaze and Zaul metas. I did everything I could to get them to work and - with mods - was able to beat just about anything on offense (zaul was tricky). But I had a HUGE red flag on my back that said "Hit me - I'm an easy climb" and I was targetted relentlessly.

With basically the entire top 100 having Revan - this WILL be the case for Darth Revan. He'll be a huge target in arena because it's a much easier win than other JKR teams (especially those modded well).
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Problem with debuff centric teams has always been how tenacity up buff functions - it’s been highlighted multiple times throughout the years that it halts debuff teams on their tracks.

Often seeing 4/5 resists to D Bastillas CBM which effectively wrecks the teams ability to defend all due to tenacity up buff. Doubt they’ll change tenacity up though, just make CBM unresitable...
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    What about mixing it up with BB8 + R2 to dodge JKR's mark by outspeeding JKR and using R2's smoke screen on HK47 (highest survivability with all his crit avoidance and HP/prot regen upon buff expiring)? SI also gives another +25% potency and ID (if it ever gets this far) would be another threat.
    Obviously gonna lose the +50% CD on all sith empire allies but I don't think that's really going to be needed.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Just wait till the right line up comes up, remember when jtr was trash? Then we figured it out and it destroyed? Same will happen here

There was a point when JTR was Trash? Since when? The moment JTR came out he was op, his kit Reaked OP'ness from the very first word.

JKR's Kit countered every single meta at once. He was never trash. DRevan's kit has many flaws and doesn't counter all previous meta's that came before him. So he's great on offence, but will fall easily on defence.

The reason JKR is so good on defence is because the team is basically tanks that tank and heal and rez. DPS does not matter on defence. DRevan was built around beating normal Revan while on offence, but that's it.

If its really a wait and see for like, Malak, then people got duped again.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    What about mixing it up with BB8 + R2 to dodge JKR's mark by outspeeding JKR and using R2's smoke screen on HK47 (highest survivability with all his crit avoidance and HP/prot regen upon buff expiring)? SI also gives another +25% potency and ID (if it ever gets this far) would be another threat.
    Obviously gonna lose the +50% CD on all sith empire allies but I don't think that's really going to be needed.

That's kind of "cheezy" in my mind and CAN'T be what CG intended for this character (to be mixed with two out-of-era LS droids.

I mean, maybe that's the case and just how it's going to be - but it's pretty sad and disappointing if so. I know I'm having buyer's remorse.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Tried Maurader?
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    I think this was to be expected based on his description and kit. He sacrifices defense for offense. This is good, 'coz it's much easier to climb, and don't have to fight your way through 5-10 mirror matches.
    Though it also implied that the team won't hold on defense, coz the AI can't strategize, but people can.

I guess the most useful option is to switch back to JKR in your last arena fight (for now).
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Just wait till the right line up comes up, remember when jtr was trash? Then we figured it out and it destroyed? Same will happen here

There was a point when JTR was Trash? Since when? The moment JTR came out he was op, his kit Reaked OP'ness from the very first word.

JKR's Kit countered every single meta at once. He was never trash. DRevan's kit has many flaws and doesn't counter all previous meta's that came before him. So he's great on offence, but will fall easily on defence.

The reason JKR is so good on defence is because the team is basically tanks that tank and heal and rez. DPS does not matter on defence. DRevan was built around beating normal Revan while on offence, but that's it.

If its really a wait and see for like, Malak, then people got duped again.

Agreed on all fronts.

The thing is - if DR is just an offense counter to JKR - then it doesn't bring anything to the table AT ALL. JKR already was a reliable counter to JKR. GG and JTR could both counter JKR as well. Traya was reliable on offense against JKR. That's not what the game really needed.

Right now, the shiny new Darth Revans are getting mowed over by squads that you would imagine wouldn't be mowing them over on paper.

Basically - the problems that GG and his rework had (which CG addressed and gave a somewhat half hearted apology for) are THE EXACT SAME PROBLEMS that Darth Revan and his squad now has.

That said, I'll eat crow and publicly beg for forgiveness if I'm wrong on this somehow. But I've been consistently testing squads (along with my arena mates) of all kinds of shapes and sizes and nothing holds at all on D. Keep in mind "holding" and "unbeatable" are not the same thing.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Tried Maurader?

yup. Great on offense - falls like a **** on D. He's G12+3.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Spang wrote: »
    I think this was to be expected based on his description and kit. He sacrifices defense for offense. This is good, 'coz it's much easier to climb, and don't have to fight your way through 5-10 mirror matches.
    Though it also implied that the team won't hold on defense, coz the AI can't strategize, but people can.

I guess the most useful option is to switch back to JKR in your last arena fight (for now).

Most useful option is just stay with JKR.

For arena - as it stands now - Darth Revan brings nothing new to the table that wasn't already there.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Oh job. Thread buried for no one to see. lol
  • They have to do something to negate mark. As it stands it doesn’t matter who you put with DR, JKR will always go first, Mark someone, and kill them before the DR team goes.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    They have to do something to negate mark. As it stands it doesn’t matter who you put with DR, JKR will always go first, Mark someone, and kill them before the DR team goes.

Yup. That in of itself is the issue and what makes it impossible for DR to defense no matter how well you mod him. A much lesser modded DR gets speed bonuses from teammates - and shuts the team down instantly.