Not having fun- Drevan event.

Prev13
This is brutal. I farmed for months to get the guys. I bought every Marquee pack, spent all my earned crystals on refreshes, and bought the last 20+ Juhani crystals... Only to get blocked at tier 3 of the event? I can understand a gear check at the final tier... But this is wrong.

Replies

• Nevet
    20 posts Member
    you think tier 3 is hard? Tier 5 makes me want to punch a baby
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    You can't do it therefore it's wrong? Not quite sure I follow the logic ...
  • Nevet wrote: »

Same here. I really didn’t want to have to use my low zeta stock on these characters, but I think I’m going to have to zeta Carth
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nevet wrote: »

Same here. The droids are near-invincible in the final battle, and I dread to think what tier 7 looks like. This triple cash grab of an event makes me want to quit...
  • Nevet
    20 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    You can't do it therefore it's wrong? Not quite sure I follow the logic ...

5 G11+ characters with arena level mods who cant survive to the final stage let alone beat it.. and thats tier 5 alone. As someone who bled for OG Chewie on day 1 and found it challenging, this is **** and not fun
  • Leroy_nyc wrote: »
    Nevet wrote: »

Same here. I really didn’t want to have to use my low zeta stock on these characters, but I think I’m going to have to zeta Carth

Just throwing a zeta on Carth isn't going to cut it.
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Tier 5 is crazy hard :(
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member
    This is the moment... CG knew they Fd up. Let’s get #DeleteSWGOH trending on twitter or something, maybe EA will take notice. F the whales, I spent $500 on this **** and I can’t even get past tier 4.
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Reading boss abilities is hard it seems 🙄

phroffkjvte3.png
  • Anarchy!
  • Times like this I don't know why I still play.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Rhydia wrote: »
    This is the moment... CG knew they Fd up. Let’s get #DeleteSWGOH trending on twitter or something, maybe EA will take notice. F the whales, I spent $500 on this **** and I can’t even get past tier 4.

Wow.
    Just wow.
    You can't do it therefore others should call for the game to be deleted?
    I mean ... some people's reactions to the difficulty of this event are just staggering.
  • Calbion wrote: »
    Reading boss abilities is hard it seems 🙄

phroffkjvte3.png

I feel kinda stupid right now...where are the boss abilities? I'm not seeing them...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Wow.
    Just wow.
    I mean ... some people's reactions to the difficulty of this event are just staggering.

You know, what CG is doing to the game is bad enough without condescending comments like this. Requiring the characters at 7* is standard, now they add ridiculous gear (G11 characters not able to survive till the end of tier 5??) and a brand new cash grabby gear once the lucky few manage to unlock? That's a bit much, they need a wake up call.
  • The LORE icon at the top that they told you about in the first battle.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    The LORE icon at the top that they told you about in the first battle.

Oh, and that vital icon is annoying to activate due to how small it is, just to add another frustrating element.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member

Wow.
    Just wow.

Not being able to do it and not even getting close are two very different things. I like a challenge, in fact I embrace it. But this is just ridiculous. I’m glad things have worked out for some folks, but I guess RNG is a ****. As far as I’m concerned this is absurd. CG has set a precedent now and frankly I don’t feel there’s any point continuing to pour money into this game. Feel free to disagree and talk **** all you want. This is a public forum, I’m allowed to state my opinion just as you’re allowed to offer your rebuttle. That said, I will caution CG. Once your whales have no competition... there’s no reason to whale anymore is there. They can compete against eachother f2p very easily.
  • Yeah, I would be very surprised if anyone who spent money to 7 star all of these characters and then *doesn't* unlock Revan this week ever spends money on the game again. People who had the gear/mod stash to get everyone to G12 with god mods might be ecstatic about their exclusivity getting preserved, but there simply aren't enough of those people for the game to prosper with only them spending.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

Wow.
    Just wow.

Not being able to do it and not even getting close are two very different things. I like a challenge, in fact I embrace it. But this is just ridiculous. I’m glad things have worked out for some folks, but I guess RNG is a ****. As far as I’m concerned this is absurd. CG has set a precedent now and frankly I don’t feel there’s any point continuing to pour money into this game. Feel free to disagree and talk **** all you want. This is a public forum, I’m allowed to state my opinion just as you’re allowed to offer your rebuttle. That said, I will caution CG. Once your whales have no competition... there’s no reason to whale anymore is there. They can compete against eachother f2p very easily.

Re-read your post that I was replying to. You can't do this event so you called for a hashtag asking for the entire game to be deleted to get trending. That is what I was reacting to. You couldn't do it and thought a legitimate response was to try and get others to call for the game to be deleted. I think you might have over reacted.
  • DragonEmissary
    10 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Had 3 zetas saved.

Tier 5. Zeta'd Carth (Was gonna zeta him in the future so am not overly fused)

Tier 6. I wasted a zeta.

Tier 5 I destoryed the assault droids and left Flame droids alive. Spammed OR Basics on the Boss.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Well, giving us a DR that survives something would be a good start. Or letting us use our own Jolee in tier 6.
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member

Re-read your post that I was replying to. You can't do this event so you called for a hashtag asking for the entire game to be deleted to get trending. That is what I was reacting to. You couldn't do it and thought a legitimate response was to try and get others to call for the game to be deleted. I think you might have over reacted.

Tongue in cheek. Being a little dramatic for effect.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member

Really didn't come across that way.
  • Yup, I spent for over the years, now I decided yea, lets trow in some money and support, bought packs to get toons to 7 stars they are mostly 10, now this **** happen, I think I am gonna delete the game if I wont get Revan, and forget that I spent, will put it on a list of money trown into the garbe lol
  • Rhydia
    104 posts Member

Really didn't come across that way.

Glad you decided to beat this horse. Have you a sense of accomplishment? Has your life improved any?
  • Had 3 zetas saved.

Tier 6. I wasted a zeta.

Tier 5 I destoryed the assault droids and left Flame droids alive. Spammed OR Basics on the Boss.

I've done the same as you, had 3 saved and dropped one on carth for tier 5. I'm not sure the zeta was what got me through it and now tier 6 is pounding me because my juhani's only gear 9
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Had 3 zetas saved.

Tier 6. I wasted a zeta.

I've done the same as you, had 3 saved and dropped one on carth for tier 5. I'm not sure the zeta was what got me through it and now tier 6 is pounding me because my juhani's only gear 9

Give her the best mods you can, defense, health, protection especially. G9 is more than enough. If you got through T5 you are set.
  • CazNeerg wrote: »
    Yeah, I would be very surprised if anyone who spent money to 7 star all of these characters and then *doesn't* unlock Revan this week ever spends money on the game again. People who had the gear/mod stash to get everyone to G12 with god mods might be ecstatic about their exclusivity getting preserved, but there simply aren't enough of those people for the game to prosper with only them spending.

This was the first and last time I will ever spend money on this game. It is insane to me how hard they made this event I cant clear wave 3 of tier 5 no matter what I do.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    The game was much healthier when:
    1) Characters were unlockable at 5*
    2) Farming characters was limited to 3 attempts per day
    3) Because of (1) and (2), unlocking a legendary was good, then later upgrading it to 7* was great.

Unfortunately, because now only 7* and G12 characters are viable to do stuff with, events need to be this difficult.