Darth Revan Event: Bare Minimum?

Prev1
CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited March 2019
Beat all 7 tiers with this
IMG_3249.jpg

T5 was a piece of cake, got it on my first try. Ignored the sides and focused all attacks on the main droid (convinced Lady Luck was on my side after reading some other posts).

T6 was really annoying. Had to spend 100 carbantis to push Juhani to G8, loaded her with my best 5* protection mods, and it took about 30 tries. I tried to inflict fear on Bastila and use Revan's basic most of the time to reset the cooldown, but it might have just been RNG.

All in all, took me an hour. Actually spent more crystals refreshing the store to G12 Revan than anything else :lol:
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
Post edited by CaptainRex on

Replies

• Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    IMG_3249.jpg

T5 was a piece of cake, got it on my first try. Ignored the sides and focused all attacks on the main droid (convinced Lady Luck was on my side after reading some other posts).

T6 was really annoying. Had to spend 50 carbantis to push Juhani to G8, loaded her with my best 5* protection mods, and it took about 30 tries. I tried to use inflict fear on Bastila and use Revan's basic most of the time to reset the cooldown, but it might have just been RNG.

All in all, took me an hour. Actually spent more crystals refreshing the store to G12 Revan than anything else :lol:

Great job mate.:)
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • MuCuS
    126 posts Member
    Thanks for this I now have hope 🤣
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude....this post is literally going to have soooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people on life tilt...

gratz sir

I'm going to wait until I splice 3 Protection mods to 99k each then i shall attempt p3 again...then those 99k hits will bounce yo
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    IMG_3249.jpg

T6 was really annoying. Had to spend 100 carbantis to push Juhani to G8, loaded her with my best 5* protection mods, and it took about 30 tries. I tried to inflict fear on Bastila and use Revan's basic most of the time to reset the cooldown, but it might have just been RNG.

What mods did you use?
  • hotdeaths wrote: »
    IMG_3249.jpg

What mods did you use?

My Yoda mods on HK (crit chance/damage with speed secondaries), speed on DS Bastila, my best 5* speed mods on Carth/Ordo (not sure if it did anything), and protection on Juhani.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Just shows that there IS skill involved in this game.
    - reading kits / event abilities
    - using the right abilities at the right times
    - modding
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Is it more important to have Bastila and HK geared then? I spent a lot of gear on Carth and Canderous just to make another team. If I can get g11 on Carth and Canderous, g10 on HK and Bastila, and g8 on Juhani, do you think that would be enough?
  • Is it more important to have Bastila and HK geared then? I spent a lot of gear on Carth and Canderous just to make another team. If I can get g11 on Carth and Canderous, g10 on HK and Bastila, and g8 on Juhani, do you think that would be enough?

Maybe? I knew I was going to use them anyway in arena, so I took them to G12 and zeta'd after I couldn't beat T2 (lol). I'd say a definite yes on DS Bastila, she inflicted so many crucial debuffs, and a maybe on HK. He did a ton of damage, but Carth or Ordo might be able to replicate the damage.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    That's insane.
    I was able to do tier 5 with a g7 juhani within a couple of tries, but gosh freaking darnit t5 was being a major pita even with much better gear than you have on them, but without the hk and bassie zeta's.
    Save water, drink champagne!
    Is it more important to have Bastila and HK geared then? I spent a lot of gear on Carth and Canderous just to make another team. If I can get g11 on Carth and Canderous, g10 on HK and Bastila, and g8 on Juhani, do you think that would be enough?

Maybe? I knew I was going to use them anyway in arena, so I took them to G12 and zeta'd after I couldn't beat T2 (lol). I'd say a definite yes on DS Bastila, she inflicted so many crucial debuffs, and a maybe on HK. He did a ton of damage, but Carth or Ordo might be able to replicate the damage.

Awesome thanks. I have a zeta on Carth because he makes an OR team a lot of fun!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Is it more important to have Bastila and HK geared then? I spent a lot of gear on Carth and Canderous just to make another team. If I can get g11 on Carth and Canderous, g10 on HK and Bastila, and g8 on Juhani, do you think that would be enough?

Awesome thanks. I have a zeta on Carth because he makes an OR team a lot of fun!

Yeah I was kinda hoping I'd be forced to gear Carth so I could finally build an OR team, but I'm glad I didn't have to so I still had most of my gear stash for Revan (had to buy the new pieces, and more Mk6 callers).
  • Which zeta did you put on HK47?
  • I know someone who did it with:

g12 BSF, HK
    g11 carth (no zeta)
    g7 canderous, juhani
  • Which zeta did you put on HK47?

Loyalty to Maker. 25% more damage seems lame for a zeta imo
    Which zeta did you put on HK47?

Loyalty to Maker. 25% more damage seems lame for a zeta imo

Will pair pretty nicely with his true damage AOE, especially against Jedi teams.
  • Yeah having the strategy down and some rng on your side is very important. I had BSF and HK at G12(no zetas) Carth at G10 and Ordo&Juhani at G7. BSF and HK along with the event Revan are all that matters in T5 the rest are just there to absorb some hits.
  • Somehow managed to do it with G11 dBast and HK, G10 zCarth and Ordo, G9 Juhani.

@Kyno: I apologize for my earlier rage out - perhaps I've become a little jaded about everything over the years. Shouldn't have jumped the gun. Will watch my temper going forward.

@Anyone: I highly recommend moving mods with an emphasis on speed and protection. Carth's zeta helps, but I think it'd be doable without it. Some of the non sith-specific omegas really help - Canderous, HK, and Bastila specifically, especially the AOE shock (when already shocked).

As soon as I re-modded - I could get to the last stage of tier V consistently enough to figure out a strategy. What people are saying is right. Leave one add and control it. Kill the others first. Make sure you can apply fear consistently - go "fastila" on this.Use Juhani to save any character about to get merced. After that it's a cake walk. Tier VI I've seen and heard online being an RNG crapshoot - but my G9 Juhani got through first try. Ignore the bots. Don't even worry about Tier VII.
  • Statement:Very intreuging that you did not need any gear on carth or canderous. Ill consider this strategy for myself when the time presents.

I couldnt resist, great job!
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • I had Hk47 at Gear 11, Bastilla at Gear 10.
    Juhani and carth at gear 8. Canderous at 7.

aoqyn5ziidk1.png

Only Bastilla and HK47 full skilled without zeta. Canderous Skills are at 6. Carth leader at 7 the Skills are at 3 and Juhani Skills also at 3.

Tier 5 (30-50 try’s)
  • i did it with g8 carth, canderous, juhani, g11 hk and g10 bastila. I almost did it with g10 hk and g9 bastilla but died on boss with yellow health left on tier 5. decided to upgrade them just to avoid the headache and lottery rng. I have a nice pool of mods and almost all my team was 200+ speed with desired mods on them
  • I'm starting to farm and upgrade my characters for the next time around...
    ...does anyone have any specific mod recommendations for the journey characters? Also how high a gear level do you think is the minimum for each character? Thanks for any tips!
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    I'm starting to farm and upgrade my characters for the next time around...
    ...does anyone have any specific mod recommendations for the journey characters? Also how high a gear level do you think is the minimum for each character? Thanks for any tips!

For Darth Revan: Minimum is probably G11 for HK and Bastila (zeta on Bastila very important, HK is helpful), G7/8 for Juhani, and the rest don't matter.
    Mods: Damage on HK, Speed/Potency on Bastila, Health/Protection on Juhani (for T6), rest don't matter.

Side note though...Get either Carth or Ordo to 17.5k power so you can get Malak.
  • thedrjojo
    949 posts Member

For Darth Revan: Minimum is probably G11 for HK and Bastila (zeta on Bastila very important, HK is helpful), G7/8 for Juhani, and the rest don't matter.
    Mods: Damage on HK, Speed/Potency on Bastila, Health/Protection on Juhani (for T6), rest don't matter.

Side note though...Get either Carth or Ordo to 17.5k power so you can get Malak.

In my other thread,most people recommended gearing Carth and ordo and forgetting about juhani for the Malak event.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »

In my other thread,most people recommended gearing Carth and ordo and forgetting about juhani for the Malak event.

I guess? For the Malak event dark side, you just need Darth Revan. He can solo the whole thing by himself basically. Doesn't really matter who else is there.
  • ZetaGrievous
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Thanks dude! I'm already halfway there on all of them (except for 7*ing them), and the baseline is super helpful.
    (Not super worried about getting Malak yet, though. I think that's a bit far away from my roster as of now. I don't even have JKR yet.)
  • I just looked at swgoh.gg, and WOW! For the characters I'm currently farming (including them), I need about 600 Carbantis!
  • thedrjojo
    949 posts Member
    I just looked at swgoh.gg, and WOW! For the characters I'm currently farming (including them), I need about 600 Carbantis!

Only 600? Consider yourself lucky
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • You know what, @CaptainRex...
    I wonder if it would maybe be possible to cheese the event system a little bit.
    Neither Carth or Juhani get used for T7. Only Juhani is needed for T6, and the latest Carth gets used is T5. What is the star requirements on those characters on those levels? Would it be possible to do them with less than 7*?
  • You know what, @CaptainRex...
    I wonder if it would maybe be possible to cheese the event system a little bit.
    Neither Carth or Juhani get used for T7. Only Juhani is needed for T6, and the latest Carth gets used is T5. What is the star requirements on those characters on those levels? Would it be possible to do them with less than 7*?

They all need to be seven stars to enter T5.