You Were Not Prepared

Prev1
Calagon
80 posts Member
edited March 2019
Unpopular opinion: Those who've played the game long enough, paid to win, and now have issues about the difficulty of the Darth Revan event don't get to complain.

This is the way CG has handled majorly popular characters for a while now, and considering that this was one of the most demanded characters since the game launched, all of this is nothing unexpected. As always the only difference between you not having and having that character in your roster is time.
If you're kicking yourself because CG took all your Republic credits and you still can't get Revan 1) you should have known better, and 2) whaling is never worth it. If you don't get Revan this time around, take it as an opportunity for growth. There's more strategy to the game than you realize, and you may actually have fun trying to find a team that can take down Revan in all his Sith Empire goodness.

Replies

• Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    Totally agree i have been playing since 2016 and its been this way for that long. Also this is how like 90% of mobile free to play games make their Earnings. this game is actually a bit cheaper than most mobile games on pricing of stuff. Just look at the Marvel stuff and other games i have tried that are like This game and most of them arent even half as good as this game. This is also coming from someone who took a break from the game Right before Jedi Knight Revan came into it and i just came back in feb. To play casually and i do my dailies grind what i want and if i feel like i want to pay for a toon i will and i did with Nihilus release.

Gear has always been the Wall not the star count. The Toons have been farmable for awhile with the gear requirements as well. So There was time to get ready if you paid attention.
  • Options
    I don't care about the meta. I don't care about squad arena at all. I just want a Sith Empire team because it's a Sith Empire team. And Darth Revan is literally the Dark Side equivalent of Jedi Revan. They are exactly the same character. It's objectively ridiculous for it to be this much harder to unlock the dark version than it was to unlock the light.
  • Options
    Great event
    | ☮ Scoundrel ☮ | 635-571-985 "Never tell me the odds." BHG Wakanda Forever
  • Options
    LOL....the event isn't even THAT hard. Doesn't require any G12s....much easier than the Chewie or 3PO events.
  • Options
    Event was not that hard as compared to Chewie
  • Options
    Doesn't matter if it was hard compared to Chewie. It only matters if it was hard compared to JKR, you know, the light side version of the exact same character, unlocked in exactly the same kind of event. Tier 5 of this was absolutely ridiculous.
  • Options
    Except you had substantially longer time to farm the required toons so they have to balance the hardship
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    CazNeerg wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if it was hard compared to Chewie. It only matters if it was hard compared to JKR, you know, the light side version of the exact same character, unlocked in exactly the same kind of event. Tier 5 of this was absolutely ridiculous.

It just required you to read the abilities. I admit, I failed 3 times before reading. After I did I beat it easily the 4th time.
  • Options
    It was decent, not ridiculously hard. U dont have to try for ridiculous rng. Even the leve that needs a lone juhani can be done with a g8 juhani cause she’s literally just there to taunt once if things go bad
  • Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    Except you had substantially longer time to farm the required toons so they have to balance the hardship

10 days (3 of them unplanned) is not substantial, not when they cut the number of farmable nodes in half as compared to JKR.

Besides, how is that a balance when we didn't know what the difficulty was going to be? The "extra" time was only useful to help prepare if people actually spent it farming gear for those characters.

I made it through, and the only hardship was needing to use some gear and drop a zeta on Carth earlier than I had planned. But it's objectively absurd how differently they treated the light and dark versions of Revan. Especially when you consider that most reports are that DR is significantly underpowered compared to the much easier to obtain JKR.
  • Options
    Yeah it wound up being much easier then chewie. All the tiers but 5 were super easy.
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    Options
    The difficulty wouldn't be a problem if the mechanics were working properly. But as of now, Bastila doesn't recover protection for enemy debuffs, etc.
  • Options
    A player with only one post, noe trolling? I smell a bot
  • Options
    Crowny wrote: »
    The difficulty wouldn't be a problem if the mechanics were working properly. But as of now, Bastila doesn't recover protection for enemy debuffs, etc.

Yeah, even with Tier 5 my only real problem was keeping Bastila alive. Once she was dead, I was toast, and half the time I couldn't even keep her alive through stage 3, let alone 4.
  • Options
    Calagon wrote: »
    There's more strategy to the game than you realize, and you may actually have fun trying to find a team that can take down Revan in all his Sith Empire goodness.

I found one: JKR
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    the real difficulty is to farm the characters. I did refresh 3 times for each character every day since they became farmable. r, carthi is hardly at 5 stars

If you've truly refreshed 3 times every day on Carth since his node release and you're only at 5* you've had a garbage drop rate.
  • Options
    I don't care about the meta. I don't care about squad arena at all. I just want a Sith Empire team because it's a Sith Empire team. And Darth Revan is literally the Dark Side equivalent of Jedi Revan. They are exactly the same character. It's objectively ridiculous for it to be this much harder to unlock the dark version than it was to unlock the light.

so, you want that DR is handled the same way like JKR? than drop 500 bucks and make cg make a easy leg journey just for you....
  • Options
    I found it easier than Chewie, but far harder than any hero’s journey. T5 seemed overtuned, but I did really like the setup and gameplay. I saw flashes where strategy seemed to actually matter.
  • Options
    $$$
  • Options

CLS is way harder than farmer Luke. They are both the same guy.
    From the point of the lore you were right. from the point of a game you are a little bit off
  • Options
    From the point of the lore you were right. from the point of a game you are a little bit off

The part where you essentially compare fbluke to jkr is amusing ....
    Given what everyone is saying about drevan right now it would be a better comparison if fbLuke was much harder to farm than cls....
    UpTheIrons
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    Options
    not so hard if in guildppl got it with gear 11/11/9/8/7
  • Fockd
    57 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

10 days (3 of them unplanned) is not substantial, not when they cut the number of farmable nodes in half as compared to JKR.

Uhm, you had two farms crammed into cantina. One of them was a 16 energy node. There was no way doing it without spending 200 crystal refreshes. You also had to refresh ship energy and normal nodes, so you were easily spending more than 1000 crystals each day just to barely make it in time.More likely you had to packs to finish them off.

This time I spent 600 crystals for refreshes each day and I comfortably made it on day one. If this isn't substantial to you, you probably don't know what substantial is. Everyone who tried to farm the required toons for DR will make it in time. So I don't mind a gear check
  • Options
    Read the Lore tab on the T5 Boss..
    If you can't figure out what to do after just reading that, I don't know what to tell you.
    Everything after him is a cakewalk.
  • Options
    Unpopular opinion: Those who've played the game long enough, paid to win, and now have issues about the difficulty of the Darth Revan event don't get to complain.

This is the way CG has handled majorly popular characters for a while now, and considering that this was one of the most demanded characters since the game launched, all of this is nothing unexpected. As always the only difference between you not having and having that character in your roster is time.
    If you're kicking yourself because CG took all your Republic credits and you still can't get Revan 1) you should have known better, and 2) whaling is never worth it. If you don't get Revan this time around, take it as an opportunity for growth. There's more strategy to the game than you realize, and you may actually have fun trying to find a team that can take down Revan in all his Sith Empire goodness.

Lol I think people that paid before the event have every right to be upset. It’s like going to a restaurant and the waiter says “that will be $20.” Then after paying he says “no wait it’s $30...no $50...no it’s $70.”

Where else in the business world can you charge someone for something and then provide them nothing?

Tell us the gear requirements up front. If we don’t like it, we can complain, but at least we know before we purchase.

I was considering paying money for this event, but I won’t now. And if this is how CG will perform its business in the future, they will get no more money from me.
  • Options

Lol I think people that paid before the event have every right to be upset. It’s like going to a restaurant and the waiter says “that will be $20.” Then after paying he says “no wait it’s $30...no $50...no it’s $70.”

Where else in the business world can you charge someone for something and then provide them nothing?

Tell us the gear requirements up front. If we don’t like it, we can complain, but at least we know before we purchase.

I was considering paying money for this event, but I won’t now. And if this is how CG will perform its business in the future, they will get no more money from me.

Good call. This event converted me from Kraken to dolphin. Spent a fortune trying to catch up to the people who have been here 5x longer. Not worth it. This event probably saves me thousands this year :)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    0858e7lf4t2r.png
  • Options

They aren't though; farmboy Luke is the character at the start of his "journey." CLS is after he is using a lightsaber. JKR and DR are two alternate versions of the character at the *exact same* point in his story.
  • Options

Ever hear of gambling? :)