Darth Revan - Huge Disappointment

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno - Just curious, why the title edit?

We ask that you dont over use the caps in the title, just fixing that.

Got it. Can you change it back to my original title "Massive Disappointment: Darth Revan" - It kind of changes the subject and tone of the thread.

Yeah, not a problem.
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Gorem wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Just wait till the right line up comes up, remember when jtr was trash? Then we figured it out and it destroyed? Same will happen here

There was a point when JTR was Trash? Since when? The moment JTR came out he was op, his kit Reaked OP'ness from the very first word.

JKR's Kit countered every single meta at once. He was never trash. DRevan's kit has many flaws and doesn't counter all previous meta's that came before him. So he's great on offence, but will fall easily on defence.

The reason JKR is so good on defence is because the team is basically tanks that tank and heal and rez. DPS does not matter on defence. DRevan was built around beating normal Revan while on offence, but that's it.

If its really a wait and see for like, Malak, then people got duped again.

JTR as in Jedi Training Rey.

I hope there's just something wrong with his kit, like Bastila's when she was released. Darth Revan is my favorite character after Vader, so I'm pretty disappointed..
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Spang wrote: »
    I think this was to be expected based on his description and kit. He sacrifices defense for offense. This is good, 'coz it's much easier to climb, and don't have to fight your way through 5-10 mirror matches.
    Though it also implied that the team won't hold on defense, coz the AI can't strategize, but people can.

I guess the most useful option is to switch back to JKR in your last arena fight (for now).

Most useful option is just stay with JKR.

For arena - as it stands now - Darth Revan brings nothing new to the table that wasn't already there.

I don't have him yet, but if he eases the pain of climbing it's enough for me now. I mean I was so annoyed by and bored with JKR meta that I wasn't even bothered with climbing. I just did two arena fights on auto, and sometimes I won, sometimes not. If I can climb with 2 minutes battles instead of 4-5 minutes, I will definitely use him, then I will switch back to JKR.
  • Can someone post a strategy for fighting jkr? I can barely make him work on offense.
  • There’s a bug to his kit. Corrupted battle meditation isn’t working. No protection regain and the health steal seems low. There surely are issues with his kit cause he can breeze through any JKR team but he is getting trashed on defence
  • P.S. CLS owns DR too.
  • I don't understand why everyone disappointed. CG promised that DR will beat Revans? So, he can. Did CG promised that DR will became best arena defensive team? Never. So, we got exactly what we was promised, nothing more.

So, real question is - why community decide that DR will became new meta, if that was never stated by devs? Yes, maybe on paper his kit looks awesome, but in real life toons stats matters more than abilities.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    They have to do something to negate mark. As it stands it doesn’t matter who you put with DR, JKR will always go first, Mark someone, and kill them before the DR team goes.

Yup. That in of itself is the issue and what makes it impossible for DR to defense no matter how well you mod him. A much lesser modded DR gets speed bonuses from teammates - and shuts the team down instantly.

Like anything, I will reserve judgment, but I agree the problem with GG rework was not GG - it was Mark. I hope thats not the case here too.
  • Armatores wrote: »
    I don't understand why everyone disappointed. CG promised that DR will beat Revans? So, he can. Did CG promised that DR will became best arena defensive team? Never. So, we got exactly what we was promised, nothing more.

So, real question is - why community decide that DR will became new meta, if that was never stated by devs? Yes, maybe on paper his kit looks awesome, but in real life toons stats matters more than abilities.

The stats of the toons are better as well. What people are failing to realize is that JKR's mark ability has - once again - broken a brand new team. It's a pretty shoddy job by CG, imo.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    @Broxxor
    Curious have you tried him on a Maul (maybe with Nest?) or EP team with Fastila? AOE shock is still pretty nasty...
  • @VonZant I havent - but I'm sure it would work. Anything to get the mark off of Revan would probably work well. Problem there is that it's kind of cheezy to do it that way.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah but a Maul + Nest version might hold on D...
  • Variant_Shades
    54 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    A friend on my shard is having better results on defense going with Darth Revan, Bastila fallen, HK 47, Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion. Curious if others have tried it out? Apparently going with all Sith Empire is just terrible on Defense, does well enough on offense though.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    They have to do something to negate mark. As it stands it doesn’t matter who you put with DR, JKR will always go first, Mark someone, and kill them before the DR team goes.

Yup. That in of itself is the issue and what makes it impossible for DR to defense no matter how well you mod him. A much lesser modded DR gets speed bonuses from teammates - and shuts the team down instantly.

Like anything, I will reserve judgment, but I agree the problem with GG rework was not GG - it was Mark. I hope thats not the case here too.

Agree completely. I have been running an oddball gg team for a month and on offense can beat every team most all the time, except for JKR teams. I seem to lose 80% of the time due to mark.
  • A friend on my shard is having better results on defense going with Darth Revan, Bastila fallen, HK 47, Darth Nihilus and Darth Sion. Curious if others have tried it out? Apparently going with all Sith Empire is just terrible on Defense, does well enough on offense though.

Interesting. Shame I don't have nihilus and scion ready yet. Been trying things out with a mix if sith empire and EP/thrawn and I can't even reliably win on offence. Granted my mods can't compete with the top players... JKR attacks first and I'm down to just HK,bastila,DR by the time I take my turns. Jedi all have tenacity up so I can't land CBM or fear from bastila, which lets GMY continue TM gain unchecked. Been wondering if the buff dispel from scion might help out, but I'll need time to try it out

That being said, however, I often come close to winning 3v5 after the opening, those 3 can put out some nasty damage... Just can't get around taunt in time to shut down Jolee
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    Pretty much what happens when the AI decides to mark DR. Which is quite funny too... JKR does his little mark move aaaand... Nothing happens for a looong second.
  • CHF
    105 posts Member
    Darth Revan is so underwhelming..... it’s embarrassing that they put something specific to defeat JKR in the kit and then he loses to it like nothing happened.
  • Is it General Grievous level disappointment or even more than that?
  • How about they are trying for balance and not 50 of the same team in top 50? I would much rather see combos of gg CLS Dr and Jkr in top 50 than the 48/50 Jkr I have seen for months
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Drageero wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Just wait till the right line up comes up, remember when jtr was trash? Then we figured it out and it destroyed? Same will happen here

There was a point when JTR was Trash? Since when? The moment JTR came out he was op, his kit Reaked OP'ness from the very first word.

JKR's Kit countered every single meta at once. He was never trash. DRevan's kit has many flaws and doesn't counter all previous meta's that came before him. So he's great on offence, but will fall easily on defence.

The reason JKR is so good on defence is because the team is basically tanks that tank and heal and rez. DPS does not matter on defence. DRevan was built around beating normal Revan while on offence, but that's it.

If its really a wait and see for like, Malak, then people got duped again.

JTR as in Jedi Training Rey.

I hope there's just something wrong with his kit, like Bastila's when she was released. Darth Revan is my favorite character after Vader, so I'm pretty disappointed..

Shhhh :P obviously I meant JKR and I even corrected myself later on...

Too many J's ;-;
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Is it General Grievous level disappointment or even more than that?

Even more.
  • How about they are trying for balance and not 50 of the same team in top 50? I would much rather see combos of gg CLS Dr and Jkr in top 50 than the 48/50 Jkr I have seen for months

I'd like that as well, but Darth Revan needs to hold against Jedi Revan on defense for that to be the case- otherwise, there's no point in switching.
  • Jookaa
    30 posts Member
    super sad about how mediocre darth revan is in the arena day 1 of release

It’s not balanced if there are still 50 JKR teams on defence in the top 50.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno - Just curious, why the title edit?

We ask that you dont over use the caps in the title, just fixing that.

How stupid...
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • Ikky2win wrote: »

Yay! Glad I didn't drop ANY money on this guy! Ill.stick w/ my Jedi Revan.
    GRANDMASTER
    NeXuSe7msb2g6cet7.jpg
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Short version is, JKR is still meta. Darth Revan is just a team that can beat JKR on offense. In other words, for a lot of people nothing has changed. Use Darth Revan in tw/ga and that’s about it.
    Post edited by Ikky2win on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    DR didn't live up to the hype? This hasn't happened in....weeks.
    :D

GG says "Welcome to the club...slide over Jango..."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Wondering if this isn't just part of a move to end reliance on speed. Like the +15 speed per debuff is not to reach insane speeds of 4-500, but to make up for the fact that you don't have it on mods. Like everyone should have crit avoidance arrows and defense triangles and those +2000 protection secondaries.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Wondering if this isn't just part of a move to end reliance on speed. Like the +15 speed per debuff is not to reach insane speeds of 4-500, but to make up for the fact that you don't have it on mods. Like everyone should have crit avoidance arrows and defense triangles and those +2000 protection secondaries.

More likely it's part of a move to make drevan relieant on a malak marquee in the near future.