Wrong rewards given in mismatched GA

I was rewarded 8th place in my GA when I tied my opponent in round 3..they we're granted 6th place I was the one with higher GP. I was under the impression higher place is awarded to the person with higher GP in the event of a tie.
So not only am I being outmatched Zata and meta toons ..but when I get a tie with higher GP, I'm being punished for investing Thousands of dollars in my broad roster...and now I'm being punished for a tie. I had @ 20k higher GP. Or is he being awarded for haveing more zatas.

Replies

• Higher GP at the beginning of the event, not at the end of the event.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Well, If that isn't the cherry on top. Thanks for the very expensive Sunday treat CG!
  • Could you please show me where that was announced it would only take effect at the start not the end...it would be very helpful!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    Could you please show me where that was announced it would only take effect at the start not the end...it would be very helpful!

Why would you need a source for this? Your roster locks after the sign-up/preview phase ends. Using your current GP from the end of round 3 instead of your GP.from roster lock would make no sense at all.
  • Exactly this is what I'm attempting to convey. I have screen shots of our GP..as a matter of fact it is still in locked review. Not too difficult to prove over the next 24 hours..or 22 now. So before you attempt to misdirection this...allow me my feedback space thanks.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    When you view rosters through the GA rewards UI you are viewing current state, not the GA snapshot. Yeah, it's weird.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Exactly this is what I'm attempting to convey. I have screen shots of our GP..as a matter of fact it is still in locked review. Not too difficult to prove over the next 24 hours..or 22 now. So before you attempt to misdirection this...allow me my feedback space thanks.

If you have screenshots from EXACTLY when rosters locked, you would have a fair point. However, your screenshots from now (which is the review phase - not the preview phase) don't prove anything at all.

Stop twisting my words. Preview phase != review phase.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Cool it off folks there's no need to start arguing here.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    @Rath_Tarr your feedback was appreciated

@Waqui I wasn't aware anything changed after lock. I do see that now, however I have not posted or provided any screenshot yet, so how would you know when they were taken? Who are you?

I wasn't twisting anyone's words. (Statement not argumentative!)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @Rath_Tarr your feedback was appreciated

@Waqui I wasn't aware anything changed after lock. I do see that now, however I have not posted or provided any screenshot yet, so how would you know when they were taken?

From your own statement, that the information from your screenshots is still there in the review phase:
    I have screen shots of our GP ..as a matter of fact it is still in locked review. Not too difficult to prove over the next 24 hours..or 22 now.

However, if this is incorrect, feel free to provide your screenshots taken at character lock as well as screenshots from the review phase. That should settle it once and for all instead of continuing this pointless discussion.
    Who are you?

In this case I'm the guy, who was right and you're the guy, who was wrong.
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    Unfortunately It looks like it has come to this...IMO...it doesn't speak well for the state of a game or a game mode in which you have to document/screenshot everything so you have proper proof.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Unfortunately It looks like it has come to this...IMO...it doesn't speak well for the state of a game or a game mode in which you have to document/screenshot everything so you have proper proof.

That's got nothing to do with (quote) "the state of a game or a game mode." It's a bout you and your claims. It's highly unlikely, that you were given the wrong rewards or wrongfully declared the loser in the tie in your 3rd round in the GA as you claim. You may have the higher GP today, but roster lock occured more than 6 days ago. It's most probable, that your opponent had the higher GP back then. But please provide your screenshots. According to yourself you have them. It's really the only way to prove your claim. Feel free to settle this once and for all instead of continuing a pointless discussion and diverting it from the main point - your claims and your proof.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Exactly this is what I'm attempting to convey. I have screen shots of our GP..as a matter of fact it is still in locked review. Not too difficult to prove over the next 24 hours..or 22 now. So before you attempt to misdirection this...allow me my feedback space thanks.

There's plenty of space in this discussion to provide your proof. Feel free to do so instead of misdirecting the conversation. It's really quite simple:

Your GP today and your opponent's GP today are of no importance. The GP at roster lock is the only important thing. If you have screenshots - let's see them (or better yet: Provide the screenshots to EA/CG in a bug report - then post a link to it).
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    I will start doing just that...to bug reports...that was helpful, I appreciate that!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I will start doing just that...to bug reports...that was helpful, I appreciate that!

Cool. That will help us all. And if you would be so kind to post a link here in this discussion, then others with the same problem could add to your bug report.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Alright knock it off, I asked for the arguing to stop in here, and I'm not asking again. I'll be closing this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.