Post Darth Revan: The JKR Mirror Match Solution

It’s early, that’s true, but there are only 6 Sith Empire options, and it’s looking clear that JKR is still the best defensive squad, despite the fact that DR can win on offense.

So how do you solve a problem like JKR?

My suggestion is that perhaps we can’t expect the offensive and defensive meta to change - in tandem - with every new journey release. CG have set themselves an impossible task, and that’s becoming clearer with every new release.

Building on this, I propose that the problem is not necessarily JKR being (or continuing to be) the best defensive team, it’s that mirror matches are an absolutely soul destroying experience, and we all hate them.

The solution? Re-vamp arena to allow players to set a squad for defence, then use whatever team they like on offense. That way I can use my shiny new Darth Revan without having to worry about falling 50 places overnight, or getting knocked back while climbing.

This format also synergises well with GA, it’s just setting one defensive team instead of several.

For the icing on the cake, put in a Defence Log tab which details who attacked you, with what, when, and whether it was a win or a loss.

The game has changed drastically, the way metas are formed has changed, and the arena format needs to change accordingly.

Replies

• Options
    From Above:
    Re-vamp arena to allow players to set a squad for defence, then use whatever team they like on offense. That way I can use my shiny new Darth Revan without having to worry about falling 50 places overnight, or getting knocked back while climbing.

THIS THIS THIS!!!

Other games have a separate defense and offense, why not this one???
  • Options
    Nerf the c out of Jolee, problem solved.
    Where are the Stun Guns?
  • Options
    Lichbane wrote: »

actually, as long as JKR is so fast, and can mark BSF, its game over for DR.

i submit that DR (or someone on his team) should have a passive ability that triggers at the start of battle, inflicting -50 speed onto the enemy leader, and persist until the battle is over.
  • Options
    The real **** is the no lead bonus before 1st turn
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    It’s early, that’s true, but there are only 6 Sith Empire options

Not for long......
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Options
    That could make arena much less dynamic and much more repetitive, IMO.

If JKR is the best defensive team, leave him on the last battle.
  • Gannon
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    I hate arena these days. Only play it for rewards, and don't put in much effort
  • Options
    People laughed when I said DR is Grevious V2

Long live JKR meta. Can't see it ending before 2020
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    mvmss wrote: »
    That could make arena much less dynamic and much more repetitive, IMO.
    I fight the same exact team every day. 5-10 times every day. For months now.

How could it possibly get "much more repetitive"??!?

Lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Jolee isn't the problem. It's Revan synergizing better with Jedi than he does with Old Republic that is the problem. Remove Yoda and Kenobi from the squad, and it's actually pretty reasonable, even with Jolee.
  • Options
    In pushed to #1 no problem today with g9 revan/bastila/HK/sion/nihilus. It’s absolutly not grievous 2.0. Most of the wins were 4v5 straight off the start. They destroy on offense, not so much on D though
  • Options
    Yeah I’ve tried tons of combos. Weirdly enough, revan, Badstila, HK, Sion, and Hoda breezes over faster DR teams.
  • Options
    Shaddesy wrote: »
    In pushed to #1 no problem today with g9 revan/bastila/HK/sion/nihilus. It’s absolutly not grievous 2.0. Most of the wins were 4v5 straight off the start. They destroy on offense, not so much on D though
    sounds like your shard is new...
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I have been using Chewie in the mirror for months. Sometimes rng is bad and you lose the mirror, but other than that he makes Revan-Revan mirrors trivial.
  • Options
    Better solution to make the task of dethroning JKR easier, add the conditional to direct focus:
    IF the target has deal damage to an ally this battle, Stun, CD increase, TMR and call all Jedi to assist for 50% dmg.
  • Damodamo
    1586 posts Member
    Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I have been using Chewie in the mirror for months. Sometimes rng is bad and you lose the mirror, but other than that he makes Revan-Revan mirrors trivial.
    This I found the chewie addition a few days ago, went from 300 ish to under 100 at payout, dropping to 120 overnight
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Vohbo wrote: »

He makes the mirrors trivial on defense too, though. Love to climb over Revans with Chewie with my full Jedi team.
  • Options
    All you have to do to stop hating JKR mirror matches is to stop using GK in your JKR squad. Replace him with Hoda, or Chewy, and the timeout problems go away entirely. I've been running JKR, GMY, Jolee, Bastila, Hoda forever, and I've only timed out twice.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Boonchie wrote: »
    All you have to do to stop hating JKR mirror matches is to stop using GK in your JKR squad. Replace him with Hoda, or Chewy, and the timeout problems go away entirely. I've been running JKR, GMY, Jolee, Bastila, Hoda forever, and I've only timed out twice.

Precisely, everyone should do that. I target such teams whenever I can and rarely time out against them.
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Options
    My suggestion is that perhaps we can’t expect the offensive and defensive meta to

The solution? Re-vamp arena to allow players to set a squad for defence, then use whatever team they like on offense. That way I can use my shiny new Darth Revan without having to worry about falling 50 places overnight, or getting knocked back while climbing.

This format also synergises well with GA, it’s just setting one defensive team instead of several.

For the icing on the cake, put in a Defence Log tab which details who attacked you, with what, when, and whether it was a win or a loss.

The game has changed drastically, the way metas are formed has changed, and the arena format needs to change accordingly.

It is already in the Marvel Strike Force arena
  • Options
    I agree that Jolee is more the problem than Revan himself. 100% success rate to revive all fallen Jedi with practically no cooldown because of it’s reduction on basic is absurd.
    With all of the passive healing and foresight it can be a nearly impossible task to kill an overly tanky Jolee, giving him all the time to repeatedly revive Yoda and GK.
    I wouldn’t agree that nerfing the c out of him is the right choice, but perhaps more ways to prevent reviving. A leadership that prevents revives would a welcome addition.
  • Options

I love this idea and have been a proponent for a while. Would be fun an interesting to see passive stats from arena!
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Boonchie wrote: »

Precisely, everyone should do that. I target such teams whenever I can and rarely time out against them.

Funny, but if you know how to mod your team correctly it is also good on defense. I take top rank daily, and rarely fall below 30-35 overnight.