New players troubles

Alloswen
65 posts Member
edited March 2019
No Chewbacca, no r2d2, no CLS no Hans falcon, but people need Darth Malak, just chill we need our fun too. Let new players that still contribute to game reach their goals too. Or basically you won't get any new players.

Replies

• And all your old salty moaners will moan, but I bet they really spend nothing on game, or is it just whales and krajens you want to play, make your minds up.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    New characters don't hurt new players. In fact it gives them more options that they can plan on pursuing.

The game is about managing resources and sticking to a plan.

New players only compete with new players, they dont have to worry about catching up to anyone.
  • Look you will get your kotor love as it's what all you whales love! But don't ignore old legendary for new players, Xmas was chewbacca and r2d2 and CLS next week = 4 months.
  • #kyno so we not allowed to enjoy events?
  • So on last 6 weeks we had a cp3o event, that even most hardened players don't want to do, thrawn, every one has due to Phoenix, how about chewbacca and Hans falcon for us OT ppl newbies, so selfish.
  • All these events delayed by GG and now DR and you want Darth Malak asap, c'mon give us a break.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Alloswen wrote: »
    #kyno so we not allowed to enjoy events?

Just like many games, you have to progress to a point to get some of the higher end materials/characters.

It's not like the event will not come back around because they release someone else.

The game is a grind, it takes time.
  • And I have grind since early December for these events, and ignored the whale to revan squad arena boredom, but its a bit unfair that for us to compete with insta bought accounts on younger shards we have to wait wait wait, just give us the events, so we can compete in guild and in all aspects of game.
  • So let us have our little moment of glory as we spend our 3x zeta on CLS, solo rancor or HAAT after months of preparation. And enjoy a rebel fleet that isn't destroyed by a chimera 1 strike.? Is that ok?
  • Alloswen wrote: »
    And all your old salty moaners will moan, but I bet they really spend nothing on game, or is it just whales and krajens you want to play, make your minds up.
    Seems like the salt goes beyond the old players.
  • Alloswen wrote: »
    And all your old salty moaners will moan, but I bet they really spend nothing on game, or is it just whales and krajens you want to play, make your minds up.
    Seems like the salt goes beyond the old players.

Lol DR is whale fodder, glad you wasted your cash, or us that too salty for you.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    And I have grind since early December for these events, and ignored the whale to revan squad arena boredom, but its a bit unfair that for us to compete with insta bought accounts on younger shards we have to wait wait wait, just give us the events, so we can compete in guild and in all aspects of game.

Patience, young padawan. The legendary events will return. F.ex. it has only just been 3 months since the last accurence of Chewie's event. It will probably show up on the event calendar for april (since it is now a legacy event). It has only been 2 months since the Falcon event ended. Expect the event to reappear either late april or during may (but don't expect it to be on the calendar at release, since this event is not yet a legacy event).

The veteran members of your guild either spent the time or the cash to build their current roster. You will need to do the same. If you don't spend cash, arm yourself with patience.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Just like many games, you have to progress to a point to get some of the higher end materials/characters.

It's not like the event will not come back around because they release someone else.

It's the standard answer from Kyno, face reality, this game isn't friendly for new players. You give to the new players a bunch of crap to start this game making it harder to reach the nodes to start a real farm. How do you think someone that is starting this game will get CARTH to start to farm Darth Revan.
    Just because the game is a grind it doesn't mean you should not be friendly for new players.
    Because of this, people prefer to spend U$100 and buy an account on the facebook groups.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Chima wrote: »

It's the standard answer from Kyno, face reality, this game isn't friendly for new players. You give to the new players a bunch of crap to start this game making it harder to reach the nodes to start a real farm. How do you think someone that is starting this game will get CARTH to start to farm Darth Revan.
    Just because the game is a grind it doesn't mean you should not be friendly for new players.
    Because of this, people prefer to spend U$100 and buy an account on the facebook groups.

its statements like that, that make the game seem impossible from the new player perspective. There are many stepping stones and ground work to be laid before a new player should be thinking they need to get DR. Unlocking the nodes is one of those things and doesn't take that much to do so. Nodes are no more difficult than they have been and we all did it with the early toons.

look at the last 2 metas, both have elements that are old legendaries. should a new player avoid those to get a toon they can't build a complete team around?
  • Chima
    113 posts Member

its statements like that, that make the game seem impossible from the new player perspective. There are many stepping stones and ground work to be laid before a new player should be thinking they need to get DR. Unlocking the nodes is one of those things and doesn't take that much to do so. Nodes are no more difficult than they have been and we all did it with the early toons.

look at the last 2 metas, both have elements that are old legendaries. should a new player avoid those to get a toon they can't build a complete team around?

Yes, they should. As you said it's a resource management game and we know all the bottleneck and there's no point to look at 2 old metas and go for it. We know how much it costs to someone, at least months.
    But how the hell the player will know that since they start with no visibility about how this game works?
    There's no information about the journeys inside this game. There's no clue which toon will come from an event and what they should look for, it's a total mess.
    You think the player must FIRST face the event, see they have NOTHING and then start to look at this? WRONG.
    Even if was like this when the event starts for the journeys each tier requires certain toons and we are not able to see the required toon. What?
    So, just face the true, this game isn't even close to be friendly for new players and if you want a game with a long life you should keep it interesting to the new players by reducing de gap between old players and new players AND keeping the old players avoiding they sell their accounts.
    Just take a look around, look at the games with long life and see how many changes they made to reduce the gap.
    Isn't because this game is a grind that must be boring forcing the players do play at the beginning with a bunch of crap and no information.
    Face the reality.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Yes, they should. As you said it's a resource management game and we know all the bottleneck and there's no point to look at 2 old metas and go for it. We know how much it costs to someone, at least months.
    But how the hell the player will know that since they start with no visibility about how this game works?
    There's no information about the journeys inside this game. There's no clue which toon will come from an event and what they should look for, it's a total mess.
    You think the player must FIRST face the event, see they have NOTHING and then start to look at this? WRONG.
    Even if was like this when the event starts for the journeys each tier requires certain toons and we are not able to see the required toon. What?
    So, just face the true, this game isn't even close to be friendly for new players and if you want a game with a long life you should keep it interesting to the new players by reducing de gap between old players and new players AND keeping the old players avoiding they sell their accounts.
    Just take a look around, look at the games with long life and see how many changes they made to reduce the gap.
    Isn't because this game is a grind that must be boring forcing the players do play at the beginning with a bunch of crap and no information.
    Face the reality.

Sorry, I was not clear. I was not saying to look at the last 2 metas for what to build as a team, but to point out that the plans that most people lay out say to focus in on the legendaries, and plans are built around that. Which is good because we see those toons make rises in metas long after they have been out.

The game is designed to pull people in, and the community is a part of that. Guilds, Discord, Reddit, and the Forum all offer guidance. If a player sees an event before they have found one of those 4 avenues, they are not likely to have a mature enough account to compete in them.

The game is friendly to new players, it is also a very open game allowing players to play how they want. The game shouldnt tell you how to develop your roster, that would seemingly take away the freedom and close off avenues that players may want to adventure down.

New players dont need to close the gap on old players as they rarely compete against them unless they choose to be in a guild competing at a higher level. There is no reason for them to concern themselves with that, and if they really want to there are avenues for that (mainly $$).
  • Chima
    113 posts Member

Face the reality.

Sorry, I was not clear. I was not saying to look at the last 2 metas for what to build as a team, but to point out that the plans that most people lay out say to focus in on the legendaries, and plans are built around that. Which is good because we see those toons make rises in metas long after they have been out.

The game is designed to pull people in, and the community is a part of that. Guilds, Discord, Reddit, and the Forum all offer guidance. If a player sees an event before they have found one of those 4 avenues, they are not likely to have a mature enough account to compete in them.

The game is friendly to new players, it is also a very open game allowing players to play how they want. The game shouldnt tell you how to develop your roster, that would seemingly take away the freedom and close off avenues that players may want to adventure down.

New players dont need to close the gap on old players as they rarely compete against them unless they choose to be in a guild competing at a higher level. There is no reason for them to concern themselves with that, and if they really want to there are avenues for that (mainly $$).

Ok, let's agree to disagree. The thing I know is, all the persons I invited to play (more than twelve) they gave up. The reasons I already said here many times, but the main reason is THE GAME ISN'T FUN when you have nothing. And it's not fun, it's a fact, you starting with the bunch of crap you gave us at the start isn't fun at all.

Myself included. I've created my account in 2016 and I gave up since the game is boring when you start to play. I've got back to the game middle of 2018 because my friend asked me to play again and join his guild.
    Even being in a guild I could do nothing on TW, TB, raids and took like 6 MONTHS until I am able to finish the light side battles. And I did it just because my friend sent me messages every time I was 3 days without a login.

And TODAY it isn't different no one can say it's fun and because of this, the account market is on fire because the people want to have at least some decent teams to participate somewhere even if was in the last TW territory the "trash teams" or play something on TB.

The feedback is here, the facts are here, you can look at other games and learn or you can ignore.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

It's the standard answer from Kyno, face reality, this game isn't friendly for new players.

I disagree. As a new player these days, you farm your characters much faster than you could 3 years ago. There are so many new events, quests, challenges and gamemodes. So many sources for character shards, gear, currency and what not. Mod farmings is much easier now that all factions can be used in every challenge. Completing hAAT and Rancor raids is so much easier since many new strong characters have been introduced. GW becomes simable relatively quickly (50 previous completions). Challenges are simable.

IMO it's friendly for new players.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    It's not friendly to new players if they don't even resist one month of grinding and don't bother spending 5-10 munutes on the forums every once in a while.
    Within one month you can unlock more than enough features to get the game rolling and not get bored.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    As a new player these days, you farm your characters much faster than you could 3 years ago.
    Within one month you can unlock more than enough features to get the game rolling and not get bored.

That's nice guys! So, can you create an account today 04/04/2019 and let's see how it goes 05/04/2019.
    Please share with us how useful you are in TB, TW and raids ranks. But please, you are a new player, NO MONEY and NO GUILD carrying you. I'm excited to see your results.

I'm waiting.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    As a new player these days, you farm your characters much faster than you could 3 years ago.

That's nice guys! So, can you create an account today 04/04/2019 and let's see how it goes 05/04/2019.
    Please share with us how useful you are in TB, TW and raids ranks. But please, you are a new player, NO MONEY and NO GUILD carrying you. I'm excited to see your results.

I'm waiting.

Lol this guy and op want to have years of work handed to them immediately. Which game is it that lets you be high level after a month again? Do you also think you are “behind “ in arena too? Smh
    Maybe End Game isn't for you