GA Flaw with match making

Robme4real
12 posts Member
edited January 2019
Great teams are manipulating their rosters to compete in lower tiers. Unmodding a piece or two from toons and some without. 84 gear 12 roster should not be equivalent to a 40 gear 12 roster. No comparison whatsoever. Fix this
Post edited by Robme4real on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    OP, GP is used as a measure of how much investment you have made into your roster, where that investment was made is on the player and represents the choices we have all made to how effective our roster is.
    @Corruptor

The prize tiers are 1,2,3,4:
    1 - 1 player with a 3/0 record
    2 - 3 players with a 2/1 record
    3 - 3 players with a 1/2 record
    4 - 1 player with a 0/3 record

Inside the prize tier players are listed in order of GP, which means that ranks 2-4 all have the same record and are rewarded as such and be placed in an order that has nothing to do with when you won or lost, but also cant be ordered any other way as they have the same record.

I believe players were calling this a version of a swiss tournament bracket.
  • The removal of an entire set of tier 6 mods reduces your GP by 3300...

I humbly suggest that to remove one piece or indeed even sets is not going to reduce your pairings anywhere enough to make up for the fact that one of your characters has not got their 6 tier 6 mods.

Indeed, if someone was paired up against me without any mods because they're sand bagging, I'd be delighted. Well modded B teams will trash badly modded A or S teams.

A G12 character is approximately 17000 gp. With 1K added per zeta, some more, some less depending on how many skills they have.

80 G12's = 1.36 million.
    40 G12's = .68 million.

A Tier 6 mod is 550 (maybe slightly more, as you lose your set bonus, lets say 700.)

So to make up for the difference with mods, the 80 G12 roster would have to remove 971 tier 6 mods.

Please stop spouting your dangerous hyperbole that might give newer players dangerous bad advise about not modding their teams.

Constructively:
    1. Plan your GA teams before hand. Remove mods from all toons NOT being used in your teams.
    2. Ensure you've effectively modded all of your GA teams.

This is not bad sportsmanship and is simply common sense, and importantly, it's a strategy available to all players. No one is forcing you to have your CUP fulled modded out with level 15 5 pip mods.

Keyboard Warrior on the side of the Moderates
    I play the game for fun, if you don't like content, don't like the game, then why are you here?
  • Unfortunately Mr moderator having gear 12 character vs a gear 11 character does not compare at all or compete with one. GP might be close but gear 11 toon vs gear 12 toon not even close in game
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Robme4real wrote: »
    Unfortunately Mr moderator having gear 12 character vs a gear 11 character does not compare at all or compete with one. GP might be close but gear 11 toon vs gear 12 toon not even close in game

From my personal experience:

In some cases a player with 17 g12 characters can beat a player with 43 (strong) g12 characters (both were at 2/2 wins and battling for their third win).

Matching by GP is fine. Mixing players with stronger rosters and players with weaker rosters in the same group of 8 is fine. Letting players with stronger rosters benefit from their effort to build strong rosters is fine.

However, giving players with weaker rosters an easier matchup and easier access to the exact same rewards would not be fine.
  • i totally disagree Waqui. The GA Match Making should reconsider the G12 Chars etc. It's not "easier matchups" or "easier access". when the GA should have an "Tournament Character" ther must be a chance to "win it". when you're not even able to beat someone with 40-.50 g12 chars to leads to frustration and also that nobody takes the GA serious
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Bytestream wrote: »
    i totally disagree Waqui. The GA Match Making should reconsider the G12 Chars etc. It's not "easier matchups" or "easier access". when the GA should have an "Tournament Character" ther must be a chance to "win it". when you're not even able to beat someone with 40-.50 g12 chars to leads to frustration and also that nobody takes the GA serious

Of course it's easier access, if players with weaker rosters are only matched with other players with rosters of the same strength and not (as it is today) also with players with strong and mediocre rosters. How can you claim, that it's not easier access? That logic is flawed.

Being matched with strong players might cause frustration, but I believe, that players react to this in different ways. While some throw the towel in the ring and stop putting effort into GA others prepare better for the next GA instead (improving their roster, strategy or execution of their strategy).

If considering g12 characters and what not during matchmaking, we risk ending up with 3 mirror matches every GA. That's boring. Furthermore, to make things fair, players with strong rosters should battle for significantly better rewards than players with weaker rosters. It's just like in the arena(s). Players can battle other players, who perform at their own level (approximately the same rank), but to stil encourage players to keep improving their play, the best performing players win better rewards.
  • Pentagon wrote: »
    The removal of an entire set of tier 6 mods reduces your GP by 3300...

I humbly suggest that to remove one piece or indeed even sets is not going to reduce your pairings anywhere enough to make up for the fact that one of your characters has not got their 6 tier 6 mods.

Indeed, if someone was paired up against me without any mods because they're sand bagging, I'd be delighted. Well modded B teams will trash badly modded A or S teams.

A G12 character is approximately 17000 gp. With 1K added per zeta, some more, some less depending on how many skills they have.

80 G12's = 1.36 million.
    40 G12's = .68 million.

A Tier 6 mod is 550 (maybe slightly more, as you lose your set bonus, lets say 700.)

So to make up for the difference with mods, the 80 G12 roster would have to remove 971 tier 6 mods.

Please stop spouting your dangerous hyperbole that might give newer players dangerous bad advise about not modding their teams.

Constructively:
    1. Plan your GA teams before hand. Remove mods from all toons NOT being used in your teams.
    2. Ensure you've effectively modded all of your GA teams.

This is not bad sportsmanship and is simply common sense, and importantly, it's a strategy available to all players. No one is forcing you to have your CUP fulled modded out with level 15 5 pip mods.

Lol I like how you call someone out for hyperbole while missing missing on GP numbers that you state. GP from zetas are roughly 2000 GP and mods GP value varies based on whether or not they’re pilots.

Let’s assume it’s just a mistake and that your intent on stating mod GP was to apply only to character GP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately Mr moderator having gear 12 character vs a gear 11 character does not compare at all or compete with one. GP might be close but gear 11 toon vs gear 12 toon not even close in game

Correct, GP is the quantitative measure of a roster, but the players choices are what make up the quality of said roster.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Depends which toons we are talking about, how many gear pieces each has and how well modded they are.