Update on zFinn Changes Coming Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Droideka wrote: »
    Will the new-new zFinn still be able to solo Rancor and beat General Kenobi-led teams as promised? Because that is all that matters.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    You Rock!!!!
  • @CG_SBCrumb since zFinn was the scourge of this game despite being wrecked on defense, would you mind listing some counters that work 85% of the time against old and new Revan? It would also be great if the counters weren't Revan themselves :)

Since you refused to make zFinn viable against any C tier team and above, I assume you know of some counters to the Revans occupying 90% of the meta that is only possible because the majority of the playerbase just doesn't understand the mechanics of this game as well as you + your entourage?

Would be great to know which team I can switch to so that I can retain my 500 crystal payout before zFinn get benched forever please :)
  • ThIs is going to hurt lower GP guilds that relied on zFinn to get past P3. The raid has been out long enough and Sith Raid shouldn't be a priority for nerfing toons. Just ensure his interaction does not work on future raids. I got 7* Traya but moved to a lower gp guild within our now broken up alliance to help them continue getting Traya shards. Time to whip out the RNG fun fest known as Chex/Greedo mix.... Yay
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Love how finn gets nerfed, even tho he wasn't the issue, but we got this god called revan just chilling and nothing being done
    But Finn is a whiny, non force sensitive deserteur and technically, a regular toon. While Revan is one of the most powerful force users of all time in galactic history, and therefore a Journey's toon. Of course there should be a difference in their usability. B)
    VonZant wrote: »
    I'm guessing the reason they are OK with CLS soloing the phase is because he is a legendary and Finn is not.
    This, or to be accurate, a Journey's character just like Revan.

Be happy that the zeta materials will get refunded, that's what a lot of people have asked for.
  • I'd like all credits, gear and ability mats refunded. Then I can make an informed decision if he is worth any of it back. I had him G12 w/ zeta before 3P0 was released.
  • This is a shame for not just these toons changed but other toons that relied on the leadership to be worth gearing.
    RT/Rey can move to jtrey, but this kills RP and Poe dead.
    Same with HK hurt all toons that relies on his leader to be worth gearing.
    So from 2 reworks there must be about 7 toons made worthless.
    Does the opposite of diversifying the game.
  • I'd like all credits, gear and ability mats refunded. Then I can make an informed decision if he is worth any of it back. I had him G12 w/ zeta before 3P0 was released.

I like this idea... My Darth Revan needs that gear...lol
  • Darthnoob83
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Hopefully our continued communication on the issue helped you plan ahead appropriately and understand the diligence the team has undertaken to solve this interaction.

Legitimately laughed out loud at this one :disappointed: Hard to tell if Crumb/CG really thinks this was handled well or it's just another page in the EA "How to be condescending to your customers"-handbook. My guess/hope is the latter 'cause if not they are seriously out of touch.

Rarely use Finn - other than the occasional TW/GA offense - so I'm happy to get the Zeta back, but it certainly seems weird that a buff to the reworked lead is worthy of a refund, when the original (weaker) rework was not.
  • Hopefully our continued communication on the issue helped you plan ahead appropriately and understand the diligence the team has undertaken to solve this interaction.

Legitimately laughed out loud at this one :disappointed: Hard to tell if Crumb/CG really thinks this was handled well or it's just another page in the EA "How to be condescending to your customers"-handbook. My guess/hope is the latter 'cause if not they are seriously out of touch.

Rarely use Finn - other than the occasional TW/GA offense - so I'm happy to get the Zeta back, but it certainly seems weird that a buff to the reworked lead is worthy of a refund, when the original (weaker) rework was not.

I want to believe he’s being cheeky. But seems like an informal legalese to me.

I know they say they don’t see refunds or anything. But looks like an indicator for them to show apple or Samsung. But honestly I am clueless to all of that so I’m speaking out of my ...

I’ll just roll with Crumb being funny. Shout out to him about saying sorry for the Tb platoons too!
  • aperingo
    173 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb last time you (CG) said that you could still do around 20% damage on HSTR, with these changes is this still possible?
  • Man...they somehow managed to nerf a nerfed kit...if it wasn’t so depressing it’d be impressive.

Take the caps off the ramping damage.
  • What is wrong with you guys. Just change raid Traya.
  • Inigo_Montoya
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    “Hopefully our continued communication on the issue helped you plan ahead appropriately and understand the diligence the team has undertaken to solve this interaction.”

Actually, no. Your continued communication was that you were definitely not going to be refunding the zeta. So I never applied it.

Meanwhile, the two people in my guild with zFinn and C-3PO traded off first and second in the Sith Raid for THREE MONTHS while the rest of us waited patiently for you to roll out the fix that you promised.

Every Sith raid, for three months, I put together good enough runs for a legitimate first through third, then got to watch them do 60 million in phase 3.

When do I get the extra prizes I should’ve been earning?
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Arcaver wrote: »
    AGAIN, change the **** raid, and stop nerfing the characters we use!

Give Treya an unstoppable tenacity increase per hit, and that would change so much on this raid.

How many other things would that break? Just curious. There are other setups for p3
    A couple. CLS would be able to solo it much more easily. They get TM when debuffs are resisted, and if Traya is resisting every debuff, even ones that fully geared 3PO will be able to solo P3.
  • That will wreck my arena team . Use zFinn lead with C3P0 beat Revan meta . The only way i found to stop doing ridiculous mirror match . I think that nerf suck
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    “Hopefully our continued communication on the issue helped you plan ahead appropriately and understand the diligence the team has undertaken to solve this interaction.”

Actually, no. Your continued communication was that you were definitely not going to be refunding the zeta. So I never applied it.

Meanwhile, the two people in my guild with zFinn and C-3PO traded off first and second in the Sith Raid for THREE MONTHS while the rest of us waited patiently for you to roll out the fix that you promised.

Every Sith raid, for three months, I put together good enough runs for a legitimate first through third, then got to watch them do 60 million in phase 3.

When do I get the extra prizes I should’ve been earning?

Hello, my name is FN2187. Choo keel my zeta. Prepare to answer why!
  • Fun haters
  • DarthMattQC
    5 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I've work hard on C3P0 , Chewbacca , Solo and Resistance soldier in order to give Finn a zeta to beat Revan and climb on my arena . And you nerf my team because of a raid . **** zFinn don't solo all the raid . Just a single phase . I have try it and i just do 30% of Traya on STR . Do something about Traya but leave zFinn lead like it was created . Don't punish the player for your error .
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Hopefully our continued communication on the issue helped you plan ahead appropriately and understand the diligence the team has undertaken to solve this interaction.

How are they out of touch?

Crumb is 100% right here or did you forget what started all this in the first place?

Lets revisit memory lane,

Enfys Nest Protection Up was bugged, and they issued a bug fix (and forgot to mention it in the release notes)
    This caused a huge controversy and they did an explanation about the bug fix but it was too late to get people to understand and the biggest takeaway / demand was that to let people know if you are making such changes

So they came out and mentioned that since zFinn is able to solo the phase 3 of the raid, they will change either his kit, C3PO or Traya.

keep in mind they haven't finalized or decided what changes or who they will change. They have never done this kind of communication before. They told everyone weeks ahead, before even finalizing the changes to not waste zeta and the phase 3 loop will be changed sometime in the future. Previously people would argue "hey i was able to solo for 4 weeks and then you changed zFinn suddenly out of the blue"

They prevented that. They knew it was going to take weeks but rather than wait till they finalized what kit change they will do, they told everyone that hey, we are trying to be better at communicating these kinds of changes.

Then we had a christmas break / new years and they said "once everyone is back from office we will give an update on zFinn and road ahead"

Then they told us that its still tricky with zFinn but they decided to change Finn's zeta rather than C3PO and Traya

Please tell me a time where they were this open and transparent.

They then came up with a kit change and told us, but they hadn't fully tested it out, hence few weeks of delay and letting us know that the proposed change allowed them to solo a phase of the raid. They usually don't tell us if they do these kinds of things which is why we assume they don't test internally. They did mention Qi'Ra + Acolyte also broke the raid which is why Acolyte was being changed rather than Traya's isolate.

And now here we are, they are literally telling us that zFinn will be good for a few more days so enjoy it while you can rather than a surprise blindside update while you had a raid ready in 2 hours from now.

The whole zFinn situation was communicated multiple times and I appreciated the way they handled this specific scenario
  • Booooo
  • As zFinn with C3P0 is the only way i found to go through the ridiculous bunch of meta Revan to go 1st on my arena arw you gonna redund me 500 gems daily ? Thank you !!
  • Stupid stupid stupid
  • This game become loud to play as you lauch new caracter too fast . We just can't breath and when we find a way to climb on arena you take it back just for a single raid phase . Maybe i will disband my guild and leave the game if you continue this way
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi

Final Text: Resistance allies have +60% Defense, Offense, and Potency, and other allies have half that amount. If an enemy is damaged by a Resistance ally, for each Expose on them: That enemy loses 5% Turn Meter for each Resistance ally, all Resistance allies gain 3% Turn Meter for each Resistance ally, and their cooldowns are reduced by 1.
    Changes: Zeta triggers for each instance of Expose on an enemy.

@CG_SBCrumb does this mean if you attack a toon that has 3 exposed on them they lose 75% tm and your toons gain 45% tm?

If so this is actually a better zeta than before. You dont gain as much tm but since the enemy team loses 25% per expose you'll still be taking more turns than the other team. Which is what resistance teams are all about.

For me, finn was my first zeta. And this rework, while I dont agree with the reasoning behind it, I do agree with how it works. I cant wait to try it and re zeta finn again. Especially if he can still do some major damage in hstr
  • Wxrlock wrote: »
    I'd like all credits, gear and ability mats refunded. Then I can make an informed decision if he is worth any of it back. I had him G12 w/ zeta before 3P0 was released.

I like this idea... My Darth Revan needs that gear...lol

As do I friend.. Lol
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Charlo999 wrote: »
    This is a shame for not just these toons changed but other toons that relied on the leadership to be worth gearing.
    RT/Rey can move to jtrey, but this kills RP and Poe dead.
    Same with HK hurt all toons that relies on his leader to be worth gearing.
    So from 2 reworks there must be about 7 toons made worthless.
    Does the opposite of diversifying the game.

This^ The thing is, they went and wiped out two leaders who made other characters worth it to gear. There is no reason to have any gear or ability mats on Poe, Finn, or RP now, no reason to have the same stuff on many droids, Imagine if you had zeta'd T3 to use under a HK lead, that is already 2 zeta's used up on the squad, and only getting one back, and you losing the entire squad.

There is so much gear and mats and credits used on characters we won't be able to use anymore now, hah.
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    There have been SO many complaints about STR P3, and, they were supposed to address it to make it much less annoying, yet I still see the same issues there and the same complaints. Add to that, they keep nerfing characters to try and keep P3 viable, and it just all adds up to the same thing, they need to finally address P3 properly.

STR P1 was absolutely horrible before, and now, it is much more tolerable. Fix STR P3 @CG_Carrie to make it more tolerable (for those who can't solo it) and so the toons we have planned teams around and have been using etc stop getting nerfed
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb since zFinn was the scourge of this game despite being wrecked on defense, would you mind listing some counters that work 85% of the time against old and new Revan? It would also be great if the counters weren't Revan themselves :)

Since you refused to make zFinn viable against any C tier team and above, I assume you know of some counters to the Revans occupying 90% of the meta that is only possible because the majority of the playerbase just doesn't understand the mechanics of this game as well as you + your entourage?

Would be great to know which team I can switch to so that I can retain my 500 crystal payout before zFinn get benched forever please :)
    1) If your zFinn gets benched forever because of this rework, it's because you choose to be petty and leave assets on the table.

2) Just because you've been abusing an exploit doesn't mean you're entitled to the results, nor that you're owed continuing payment for their closing your exploit.
    Still not a he.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    As zFinn with C3P0 is the only way i found to go through the ridiculous bunch of meta Revan to go 1st on my arena arw you gonna redund me 500 gems daily ? Thank you !!
    CG owes me 5 million crystals for outdating chaze meta that used to get me 1 daily. To this day, I refuse to change my lineup and blame them for it too
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    AGAIN, change the **** raid, and stop nerfing the characters we use!

Give Treya an unstoppable tenacity increase per hit, and that would change so much on this raid.

How many other things would that break? Just curious. There are other setups for p3

it won't work. it is exactly why nerfing Finn doesn't make sense though, since CLS lead is the opposite, and high tenacity = resists, = CLS can solo P3 now instead of Finn.