How?

Tomaj
41 posts Member
8KYzsIU.jpg

This dude has been at rank #2 for several hours with this team comp.

Replies

• uno
    150 posts Member
    the trio is op...add 2 not so much...otherwise they might not have anything else better
  • Whats the question?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If I had to guess, good mods and theory crafting.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Fastest BB8 + R2 to smokescreen for HK or DR? Ive only watched one video so far but HK seems pretty tanky, can self heal, and can hit really hard.
  • Maybe he found a good turn order and this way bb8 makes R2 so fast with 3 droids in the team to cloack everyone but DR so other jkr teams can only mark him without being able to assist while HK and badstilla obliterate them with a lot of buffs from bb8 xD
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    that's the lineup i was suggesting early on and have yet to test for myself
    rly curious on how well it holds against JKR squads with smoke screening a tanky modded HK
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Yeesh, can you imagine illuminated destiny going off?
  • Tomaj
    41 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    Whats the question?

It's in the title
  • The smoke screen goes on Revan... can't do bonus attacks against him if he's zetad so he's basically un-killable by a JKR team. I've hear quite a few people having alot of success with it but the modding is a bit tricky. Need to be careful about the relative HP pools of Revan, HK and FBS.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Tomaj wrote: »
    Hantal86 wrote: »
    Whats the question?

It's in the title

You get to pick your squad before battles
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    The smoke screen goes on Revan... can't do bonus attacks against him if he's zetad so he's basically un-killable by a JKR team. I've hear quite a few people having alot of success with it but the modding is a bit tricky. Need to be careful about the relative HP pools of Revan, HK and FBS.

**** DR seems risky? I'm not saying it wouldnt work because it ruins Direct Focus, but his abilities later in the battle are necessary. HK seems more expendable...

But theorycrafting:

1. Modding DR with 6e health mods and giving him crit avoidance + Fastilla leader bonus may work. Sorta like the tank Traya version.
    2. I like to see creativity.
    3. Having to resort to the good old BB8 + R2 combo just seems kinda boring. I really hope a full faction team can work.

EDIT: It appears the abbreviation for Smoke Screen is censored...
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    The smoke screen goes on Revan... can't do bonus attacks against him if he's zetad so he's basically un-killable by a JKR team. I've hear quite a few people having alot of success with it but the modding is a bit tricky. Need to be careful about the relative HP pools of Revan, HK and FBS.

**** DR seems risky? I'm not saying it wouldnt work because it ruins Direct Focus, but his abilities later in the battle are necessary. HK seems more expendable...

But theorycrafting:

1. Modding DR with 6e health mods and giving him crit avoidance + Fastilla leader bonus may work. Sorta like the tank Traya version.
    3. Having to resort to the good old BB8 + R2 combo just seems kinda boring. I really hope a full faction team can work.

Dont forget that the TM boost also helps HK47 to go earlier and drop Tenacity Down, so that Bastilla can land debuffs.
  • Here's one example...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slTfZZsAQjU&feature=youtu.be

It's not me that recorded that, just found it on youtube so I can't answer the obvious question of why on earth his yoda goes before his JKR... maybe he's already adapted his mods due to the lack of TM gain when going against HK. Anyway, that's besides the point.... JKR probably does better against it if it's modded properly but this gives the idea.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Gotta love seeing JKR use direct focus and the rest of his team just stands there. ;)
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Here's one example...

It's not me that recorded that, just found it on youtube so I can't answer the obvious question of why on earth his yoda goes before his JKR... maybe he's already adapted his mods due to the lack of TM gain when going against HK. Anyway, that's besides the point.... JKR probably does better against it if it's modded properly but this gives the idea.

Wow, that’s totally dope!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

But theorycrafting:

Dont forget that the TM boost also helps HK47 to go earlier and drop Tenacity Down, so that Bastilla can land debuffs.

You can't outspeed Revan with HK, he's just too slow.
    115 / 0,76 = 151, way too low to compete with JKR's 200 (160 + 40 from lead).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

But theorycrafting:

@Legend91 even with bb8 boost?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member

But theorycrafting:

No one asked you to out speed JKR, you just need to outspeed your own Karen.
  • That was brutal to watch.
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Here's one example...

Mother of Yoda! :o
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Actually realize now doesn't matter if DR dies because he equalizes health. So yeah. Smoke Screen on him may be great.
  • Mindl
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Expect when he gets One Shot by Yoda. If he doesn't survive the hit he doesn't get the equalization. That's my issue with this team. DR keeps getting one shot by Yoda.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2019

But theorycrafting:

He starts out 49 speed behind, but each point of speed on HK is worth 1/.76 = 1.32 speed compared to it being worth exactly 1 to JKR (with BB and another droid anyway). This means that at ~156 speed from mods and up, HK will go ahead of JKR (assuming equal amounts of speed from mods on both JKR and HK). Not that it matters if he does anyway.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Just interested if people have had more experiences fighting this squad, as I've thought of several theoretical counters.
  • These teams are currently in the 1-3 spots on my shard. I don't think anyone knows what to do with them. I tried twice yesterday for fun and thought I could get around smokescreen by throwing raid Han onto my JKR team. The fights started off alright but quickly went downhill after they got fear off.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Cool to see, but (looks at very best speed mod set that only gets a character to around 275) yet another comp I'll never get to try because the Mod Gods hate me.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Cool to see, but (looks at very best speed mod set that only gets a character to around 275) yet another comp I'll never get to try because the Mod Gods hate me.
    The whole point of this comp is actually that you don't need superb amounts of speed thanks to the 24% starting tm given to R2 by BB8, and that R2 is the only one that really want a lot. If the others are too fast it stops working...

So this is one of the few comps that won't rely on you having uber mods. In fact, if you have no uber mods, it sounds like your best bet to me @Jarvind
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    The whole point of this comp is actually that you don't need superb amounts of speed thanks to the 24% starting tm given to R2 by BB8, and that R2 is the only one that really want a lot. If the others are too fast it stops working...

So this is one of the few comps that won't rely on you having uber mods. In fact, if you have no uber mods, it sounds like your best bet to me @Jarvind

Fair point, I always forget about the starting TM boost from BB8. Just gotta get the zetas and gear on DR and HK now.

Also: on defense, does R2 have some kind of logic for who he smoke screens? Seems like this really hinges on him always choosing to use it on Revan.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Woodroward wrote: »

Fair point, I always forget about the starting TM boost from BB8. Just gotta get the zetas and gear on DR and HK now.

Also: on defense, does R2 have some kind of logic for who he smoke screens? Seems like this really hinges on him always choosing to use it on Revan.

he targets the ally with the most health + protection (flat totals, current amount, not % or max based)