What can a scientist in my Star Wars fan fic be working on?

13Next

Replies

• The reaction between two different kinds of plants
  • How about this: He is studying the interactions of the midichlorians biochemical reactions with tissues of varying types of materials, and states (i.e. dead, alive, stone....) Thru multiple types of radiation, electromagnetism, sonic emitters........
  • A device that prevents Jedi manipulation of people's **** centers. It's a secret hobby Jedi would have. Sometimes when Vader was doing the force choke he was squeezing a guy's prostate.
  • I’m thinking I want to do something that has never yet been seen in Legends or Canon. I know it’s a tall order but I want something different.
  • I was asking for ideas on what a scientist could be working on in the Star Wars galaxy. However my list of can nots are more akin to what an engineer would be working on. Then I guess that’s what I really meant. So that being said I ask. What can an engineer in the Star Wars galaxy be working on?. He works for the canon New Republic.

Things he can’t be working on

1.) Dyson sphere- Believe it or not it already exists in SWTOR

2.) Matrioksha Brain- Computers aren’t that advanced. (HOWEVER, if you have a generic Star Wars name for this- I will take it. Matrioksha is Russian nesting dolls and would obviously not be applicable for Star Wars

3.) A Giant Underground City- Sullust has tons of these.

4.) Kransnikov Tube- Would be too much of a gamechanger for travel

5.) Ford-Svaitar mirror- Too much of a gamechanger for travel

6.) Nicoll-Dyson Laser- We already have the Death Star and Starkiller Base

7.) Space elevator- They have those

8.) Shellworld- Waste of time. Plenty of planets to work with

9) Alderton Disk- Too big

10.) Ringworld- Exists on Ringo Vinda

11.) Underwater cities- Plenty of those

12.) Any type of space habitat.

Any ideas?
  • I’m going to be funny and make my scientist cure sexual impotence. What Star Wars substance do you think could accomplish that?
  • Maximum7 wrote: »
    I’m going to be funny and make my scientist cure sexual impotence. What Star Wars substance do you think could accomplish that?

Deathsticks
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Of you want nothing to canon changing:

Terraforming: The Civil War destroyed several habtiant planets, which are now contaminated. Your engineer want to build a terraforming machine, which uses these hazardous stuff to build up these planets again.

Cloning: Clones were once used, the knowledge is gone (?), your engineer wants to rebuild the old cloning machines.

Hyperspace detector: It is not detecting light, but some faster than light particle. This also restricts the gained information, as you just get information of this particle, which emitts these faster than light particle. Eg. Ships in hyperspace, their engine maybe. Perhaps you can use in this manner the hyperspace stuff of the FO, fromnthe last film.

Kyber cristal detector: Finding more ressources

Enhaced gravity sensors: no one wants to be trapped by a Interdictor cruiser again

Rebuilding the mediclotianer scanners: thin this knowledge is also lost

A energy ram, using the deflector shields of a space ship
  • Your scientist has been unemployed too long...... No longer suitable for the job market.....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Seriously: Something to do with gravity.

An actual question: Is the Death Star built from bottom up in layers or layers built around in existing core?

A joke: Investigate how one can simply walk into Mordor

... wrong franchise...
  • Maximum7 wrote: »
    I’m going to be funny and make my scientist cure sexual impotence. What Star Wars substance do you think could accomplish that?

They can cure impotence with indecision.

Specifically, they have found that going on forums for a period of three months, asking people for help, saying "no" to literally everything and not having made a single progress in three months is a very potent aphrodisiac.

I’m very picky but I’m going to stop now. After digging through science journals- I think I found something and I won’t be bothering this forum anymore.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Maximum7 wrote: »
    Maximum7 wrote: »

They can cure impotence with indecision.

Specifically, they have found that going on forums for a period of three months, asking people for help, saying "no" to literally everything and not having made a single progress in three months is a very potent aphrodisiac.

I’m very picky but I’m going to stop now. After digging through science journals- I think I found something and I won’t be bothering this forum anymore.

Good. We don’t need any more botherers...

Jk you’re fine