Probably Should Nerf the Interaction Between Plague and Shock/Healing Immunity

Prev1
If you haven't heard the news, some of the testing with Darth Revan has revealed an insanely powerful team. I'm as glad as the next guy that it beats Jedi Knight Revan, but at the same time, the mirror matches basically come down to who is fastest to get both shocked and plague on the field, which means there is no solution without better speed. Most of the other current metas can be beaten with slower speed mods if you are either lucky or smarter than the AI.

The video goes over the interaction here:

https://youtu.be/-ApGufNgvTc

But yeah, I think that this interaction is not healthy for the game. Possibly would be helpful if shock and plague can't coexist at the same time (plague dispels shock and/healing immunity)

Replies

• Options
    Because it's not just Jedi Knight Revan it beats, it makes mirror matches a nightmare. A slower jedi knight revan can beat a faster jedi knight revan for example. That being said, a slower darth revan of this team varian can't beat a faster one.

And the nerf shouldn't go to their kits, but the interaction between the two debuffs. I suggested that plague dispels shock or healing immunity, you can suggest another way to fix it.
  • Options
    Understand that the issue is you can't heal with shock or healing immunity, but you can't get either cleansed when plague is up. With either of those debuffs you can't heal up to cleanse plague (only way to cleanse plague)

We never had a character that could aoe shock, so that makes it difficult to get through.
  • Options
    Mirror match is already about who's faster anyway.
    What changed with that?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Because it's not just Jedi Knight Revan it beats, it makes mirror matches a nightmare. A slower jedi knight revan can beat a faster jedi knight revan for example. That being said, a slower darth revan of this team varian can't beat a faster one.

And the nerf shouldn't go to their kits, but the interaction between the two debuffs. I suggested that plague dispels shock or healing immunity, you can suggest another way to fix it.

If you are just learning that speed kills then you are a bit late.

But as far as the interaction - run Sith Assasin on your team and you are faster. If he is also running Assasin and you can't outspeed his, that is WAI.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I didnt see him try to mark MT first. Then it's just a normal interaction.

Same works for taking down thrawn first in the other setup.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Talzin rezzezes from Zombie. Have to get fear on Talzin first I think.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

What he said.
  • Options
    Gluckychou wrote: »
    Mirror match is already about who's faster anyway.
    What changed with that?

As I said before, there are plenty of mirror matches in the game where speed isn't the only determining factor. When the speed is the absolute only determining factor (like when there was the resistance meta and whichever Poe was faster won no matter what.)
  • Options
    Don't know why he was just using basics on Bastila after Marking her instead of the heavier hitting specials. The point of Marking her is to get her out ASAP....not to chip away with her with basics while she throws debuffs on you. Also, he could have tried Marking DR first which would have increased his cooldown on his AOE shock and even though you wouldn't be able to assist against him, a big hit on GMY's special could be enough to kill DR with above 50% health so the equalization doesn't occur. Basically he just did the same strategy over and over and relied on RNG to help him win....there are any number of other strategies he could have tried. Also, the team with Traya lead, Sion, Nihilus, DR and Fallen Bastila would probably smoke that team....Isolate on Talzin and then she won't revive when killed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

yeah, i see that now. still might help hold off the plague with the CD increase
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    This teams still possible to beat if you know how... ;D
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options

Yep. I forgot about that. ;) Even Bastilla basic or stagger will should do her in as she doesnt get the rest of the team bonuses.

Going to be an interesting few days as the community group-think/break kicks in.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I'm all for letting this run wild for a bit if it stops all the "DARF REVUN R NAWT GUD ENUF" crap.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Yep. I forgot about that. ;) Even Bastilla basic or stagger will should do her in as she doesnt get the rest of the team bonuses.

Going to be an interesting few days as the community group-think/break kicks in.

yeah, this is the most fun time in the game. I love the experimentation.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm all for letting this run wild for a bit if it stops all the "DARF REVUN R NAWT GUD ENUF" crap.

Never! What fun are things without predictions of DOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!?
  • Options
    I am interested to see where the meta takes us. I just don't want to trade 6 months of jedi knight revan for 6 months of darth revan with talzin. I liked seeing a few traya revan teams, thought it kept it interesting to have 2 equally good teams for offense and defense.
  • Icuii
    16 posts Member
    Options
    I have ran nightsisters in top 100 for almost a year, and have survived cookiecutter flavor of the quarter meta teams repeatedly. If it werent for NS, CLS, and maybe a BH team here and there - JKR would have hit 100% in most shards.

Nerfing talzin is not the answer, dont hurt the underdogs that didnt buy either Revan.

I'm convinced with my higher speed mods & leader bonus I could probably take out this lineup running my Assaj lead. Its not game breaking, its cookiecutter-bought-my-arena-rank meta breaking. I thoroughly enjoyed watching JKR get used as a mop and jolee get wiped every time. A far cry from my NS gangbanging Jolee for 3 minutes on AI only to have his protection higher than before from redline.

JKR users how does it feel to be the underdog after 6 months of 80% arena control?
  • Tabub
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Make it where when you have plague all debuffs EXCEPT shock and healing immunity cannot be cleansed, boom fixed
  • Khyron
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Tabub wrote: »
    Make it where when you have plague all debuffs EXCEPT shock and healing immunity cannot be cleansed, boom fixed

As soon as non old republic Jedi can not gain any bonuses from old republic characters. Boom fixed.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

No, stop. That makes too much sense. CG has never fixed anything the easy and simple way.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    How does this solve the problem of the JKR team’s tenacity up at the start? In China so I can’t watch YouTube right now!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Options
    I dont have him, but reading kit:

DR attacks leader with insanity and inflicts fear on everyone. When fear expires, dispels all buffs. Tenacity down from HK, Plague, Shock, Fear/Stagger from BSF = GG.
  • Options

I like the idea, but I thought of a different solution, because shock at least has a lot of good uses outside of preventing healing. Maybe add a clause to plague where "healing cannot be prevented when inflicted with plague". That way you would still keep the other debuffs after you heal back up to full health, but stop this interaction.
  • Options
    Start with: Remove "can't be resisted" from the game. Remove "can't be evaded" from the game.

Now we have some options when being slower.

Follow up with: Change tenacity up to be just that (instead of immunity). Implement diminish returns on debuffs. Possibly even on buffs.

Now we have removed a lot of loops and permanent stun locks. All that's left to look at is loops due to resists which might be a mechanic that also needs to go for a healthy game.
  • Options
    ...or, you could run something other than Revan against DR. I could see Rebels or Resistance taking this team down, since both can control Talzin without killing her.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Rebels can easily beat this new variation, yeah. And I've still seen Normal Revan beat it anyway. It barely even helps on offence.

So, really, back to the drawing board.
  • JDK82
    151 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    This team is easy to beat:

https://youtu.be/HJd89BsaVoQ

The drevan team is well moded and fast, but not yet fully zetaed (missing one hk47 Zeta, which shouldn't make a big difference so)...
  • Options
    JDK82 wrote: »
    This team is easy to beat:

https://youtu.be/HJd89BsaVoQ

The drevan team is well moded and fast, but not yet fully zetaed (missing one hk47 Zeta, which shouldn't make a big difference so)...

I imagine this prob wouldn't work if DR was faster than JKR?
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    But yeah, I think that this interaction is not healthy for the game. Possibly would be helpful if shock and plague can't coexist at the same time (plague dispels shock and/healing immunity)

Jkr is not healthy for the game and never nerfed :
    He can kill in one or turn one character of opponent team with direct focus and yoda damage! direct focus don't start party with cooldown on ability who can kill in one turn of other character => nihilus and hk