Update on zFinn Changes Coming Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    We flagged this, it does seem that Finn is not as promised with a fully upgraded new Leader ability.

Thank you
    We flagged this, it does seem that Finn is not as promised with a fully upgraded new Leader ability.

@Kyno what do you mean by flagged this? Like a bug in his leadership? Or that it doesn't align with what they said it would be, as good as it was before 3po was introduced and still good in raids/PvP?
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

So, he was supposed to go fully upgraded into GA?

As I said, my Finn has his lead set to lvl 1
  • mvmss wrote: »

No he's saying he falls short of what was promised when he is fully upgraded.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Only thing I’m upset about is that now I don’t have a Zeta for this Grand Arena that I could have had, which will very likely cost me a spot or two in the rankings. I understand the rework, I’m thankful for the refund, but this was some horrible planning and timing for this refund, CG.
  • This Finn re-rework is absolute dog ****. Awwwww poor pay to win players cant deal with Finn destroying their expensive Revans. Waaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.

• mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    mvmss wrote: »

No he's saying he falls short of what was promised when he is fully upgraded.

Now I understand. Thanks!

Though @YaeVizsla may still disagree, I must say that much seemed crystal clear just by reading his nerfed/reworked kit.

I will wait until game changers run him, try him out against teams we actually face, to determine if what CG said is actually true or not, on the being on par with his competitiveness as before the rework. Only after that I believe we could all have a final opinion, right?

Although, so far, it looks like a nerf, smells like a nerf, sounds like a nerf, feels like a nerf, tastes like a nerf, but who knows? It could be an upgrade, right?
  • Forget the zeta, what's the point in playing anymore they just decide every single thing and leave no room for creativity anymore

I have to agree 1000% with you. Im contemplating quitting myself after 2 and a half years of not missing energy bonuses. This is clearly because Finn was destroying their precious new Revans. Awwww
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    From a strict Resistance team perspective, that doesn’t seem that bad. Or I’m missing something? The TM train is a little different but it’s still there it seems.
  • I love how they said this change won’t affect soloing Haat and yet it does. Can you let us sim Haat already?! But no, why make things easier for players? You just want us to be bored. Great game design. Always doing the opposite of what we want.
  • BigFry
    18 posts Member
    This is so lame. Fin melts your huge paywall toons so you change him? Anyone that drops a massive amount of cash on this game. Just remember this moment the next time you want to whale out.
  • So, solo HAAT is also impossible now?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

He was supposed to carry over whatever level of investment you had going in. Even though they refunded the material. This was what was stated in the update.

We flagged this to get a response as to why we are not seeing this.
  • My feedback sandwich for EA:

Like: You refunded the Finn leadership materials after proficient outcry from the base

Dislike: You hid the apology and refund message behind some 'additional tweaking needed for P1' crap - would have done you a lot better for PR to just say sorry, you've re-assessed, and will issue the refund

Like: Yeah, I didn't really have another one.

Thanks for the refund, but instead of being smug about it, you could have done a lot better with the message that went along with it. A simple sorry goes a long way, rather than giving us some long cry story about how you've had so much trouble with the rework, and it's only because of additional rework you're doing this. REALLY poor move from a PR standpoint.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member

He was supposed to carry over whatever level of investment you had going in. Even though they refunded the material. This was what was stated in the update.

Level up the lead and it gets leveled in GA as well.. I brought mine to level 7 (so no zeta) and in GA it shows lead lvl 7 as well
  • Heres what i like about the refund: people can Shut up about not getting a refund.

Heres what i don't like about the refund... It was across the board.

Most of you didnt deserve a refund. Most of you, only zetad Finn when you found out about the exploit it carried with it. (Soloing P3 of hstr). You got to double dip. Got to score massive points (possibly the only reason your guild completed HSTR at all,) or at the very least guranteed your top ten pat outs. Amd then rewarded for your exploiting with an entire zeta returned.

Now for those of us who zetad Finn PRIOR to the exploit... Prior to JTR... I felt by the text of the updated kit, that this would be a buff to how we ORIGInALLY used Finn for and guess what?

It is. Most of my guild has re placed the zeta back on FINN... Ironically we did the same thing with daka when she w as refunded.

Im sorry you don't get to undeservingly solo P3 anymore, im sorry you have to earn top 10 now.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Now for those of us who zetad Finn PRIOR to the exploit... Prior to JTR... I felt by the text of the updated kit, that this would be a buff to how we ORIGInALLY used Finn for and guess what?

It is.

Wether it is a buff or not, it completly changes the way you use zFinn. So now, not how you "ORIGInALLY" used his zeta Lead.
    Mine was zeta'd way before JTR and C3p0 as well, but now the refunded zeta mats went straight to HK47.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    RogiWan wrote: »
    So, solo HAAT is also impossible now?
    You can still solo but not with the zFinn auto lineup
  • Otsego
    45 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

how ?
    I want to AUTO solo in shortest possible time.
    zFinn was autosolo within 30 minutes for me.
  • RogiWan
    97 posts Member
    edited March 2019

With wat team?

They break a toon just for one part of the sith raid.

• So interestingly enough that people Loved Finn as much as me , his leadership skill wasn’t just for C3PO , 3v3 squad with Holdo and Rt was great , ... John Boyega would be sad about this .. When Zeta abilities came out , Obviously I zeta’d Kylo, But Finn was next 36,37 those two were a couple of my top Zmat sets , the way that Finn was destroyed felt like 30 years ago when my sister put My starwars figures in the microwave. I feel not anger , but sheer Disappointment . And with such garbage kit , that is now over worded he would be down with ugnaught , lobot and mob enforcer @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb I think you should zero out Finn return credits , gear and the rest of the mats for his other abilities that were ruined too , I don’t think this was a good decision, btw Grevious still is useless at least I’m learning Marvel Strike Force ...
  • So Thank you @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie for ruining one of my favourite characters, , , by making his kit wordy and super confusing to hide the garbage to the point that John Boyega would be sad , and go back to the first order
    This feels like 30 years ago when my sister microwaved My favourite Star Wars figure , I’m not angry , more exceptionally Disappointed,
    I personally would like my whole G12 , Gear , Mats , Credits Returned , in a old statement by CG you said that the Zeta wouldn’t be returned as if you had confidence in the Zmat now it’s returned which means the New Zmat isn’t worth having , Finn now belongs in the basement with ugnaught , mob enforcer , lobot , and other trash .. Cg business moto keep the Whales fed , I know I couple whales and they absolutely are the worst players rely on money to win , not the skill of the game ,
    Kylo and Finn were my first two Zmats and still were used a lot well till yesterday , even after 36 more Zmats some I regret, like being forced to zeta a stupid ewok ,
    Shame on you , CG and EA live with mistakes don’t make them worse ... put down the shovel
  • Beaks
    73 posts Member
    As someone who Still uses Resis squad Finn Lead, now I gotta redo my whole squad now.
    Sure Finn became a DMG monster, TM gain before rework I'll take anyday. This new set is junk.

The issue was C-3PO, should of fixed him instead.

Loved my Resis squad, now in a Hate relationship with them.

@Kyno

For what it is worth to everyone, my post refund zFinn, shows (both in my inventory from the main cantina and from ‘inside’ the GA (selecting myself from the leaderboard) as not being zeta’d.

However, I did deploy him on defense after reading the ‘test drive the new kit in GA announcement’, and deployed on the board as a defense team, he is still showing his zeta (both in the graphic on the teams overview for the territory, and within his description once selecting him from the deployed team - it does show the updated abilities as well) - so it may not be visual, but I think it will work when you deploy him.
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    Gama_Fox wrote: »
    If you know how to find the forums and create a thread, then you're familiar with the forums....this has been discussed ad nauseam in the forums for months and CG has laid out very clearly the reasons why they need to make the change to Finn.

True.. But they refuse to admit that terrible raid design and lack of internal testing with 3POs release brought us to this point. Finn wasn't able to solo phase 3 before the release of 3PO, all of a sudden once 3PO is introduced Finn can solo phase 3. Almost seems like 3PO is the problem don't you think? Since he was a P2P toon though they cant nerf 3PO so they hide behind the claims that Finn is the only problem.

Raid design is fine...you can't anticipate every interaction. C3p0 is a new toon..makes more sense to nerf the old one that is hardly used anymore.

A lot more people than you think actually use him, especially after it was discovered that he can solo the HAAT raid with 3P0. Before the STR, I used Finn frequently. That's when I had to start using RJT a lot more. Finn was my first Zeta because he was reliable. Those who don't have RJT had Finn as the only reliable leader for the Resistance. Besides, I'm honestly not sure if this is going to be permanent. Remember the backlash they faced after their first solution to the Critolyte loop. And that just changed the viability of a faction in 2 phases of one raid. They'll have a lot more backlash, bc this will change the viability of a faction throughout the entire game, (and they actually said that they would only have a solution that would affect P3 of the STR) especially for those who don't have RJT.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited March 2019

With wat team?

They break a toon just for one part of the sith raid.

RJT-BB8-R2-C3PO-RTrooper can solo HAAT, and auto P2-P4. The new Finn might actually make the team better, replacing Trooper (or maybe R2).
  • Everyday is a 7x1 different in this game!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited March 2019
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »

Kyno

For what it is worth to everyone, my post refund zFinn, shows (both in my inventory from the main cantina and from ‘inside’ the GA (selecting myself from the leaderboard) as not being zeta’d.

However, I did deploy him on defense after reading the ‘test drive the new kit in GA announcement’, and deployed on the board as a defense team, he is still showing his zeta (both in the graphic on the teams overview for the territory, and within his description once selecting him from the deployed team - it does show the updated abilities as well) - so it may not be visual, but I think it will work when you deploy him.

If you do a long press on him when hes on the field, does it show his zeta in that character view?

The only way I have found to view the locked data, is team builder (offense and defense) of if they are placed on defense, then you do a long press in either of those situations to see the locked state.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    hhzfxuf3pb02.png
    Mine locked in, post zeta refunded status. when I got the refund I gave him the 2 bumps before purple mats and that’s the state he was locked in, not the pre refunded zeta state
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Pfiouuu, P3 is now safe...

P1 though...
    https://youtu.be/xADJw_yAr2g