Why not Jedi Kinght Revan?

This is not anything offensive, its just a query. There are some ppl who decide not to go for revan, even though he is the best defensive character in the game. He has also come out about three times, including this month. I recommend him to everybody. #getgoodgetrevan

Im just curious.
Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales

Replies

• Options
    Also, individual events NEEDS to be updated, there are millenium falcon and dr wvent missing, and im sure people have stuff to say.
  • Options
    he is the easiest of the journey chars … go get him.
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Options
    Even if arena is not your cup of tea, JKR teams do very well in all the raids too.
  • Options
    He's not a scoundrel.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1233 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I for one will get him this time, but I understand that many who are at the same point in the game as I am opt for a CLS squad with 3PO instead. Which includes the HMF pilots and thus helps in two arenas. F2P players have to be resource-savvy. And between building an Empire team for R2, a New Hope team for CLS, a well-geared bounty hunter squad for Chewie, and well-geared Ewoks for 3PO, it's rather difficult to farm an Old Republic team for Revan.

Conversely, I won't be farming Ewoks for a long time to come. And neither my bounty hunter squad for Chewie nor Chewie and Han themselves are of any use to me in the squad arena, nor will they see much use in raids once I have Revan. I'll mainly gear them just for the Falcon. Some might consider this wasteful and would rather throw their remaining resources at a Nightsister team for HSTR.
  • Options
    I for one will get him this time, but I understand that many who are at the same point in the game as I am opt for a CLS squad with 3PO instead. Which includes the HMF pilots and thus helps in two arenas. F2P players have to be resource-savvy. And between building an Empire team for R2, a New Hope team for CLS, a well-geared bounty hunter squad for Chewie, and well-geared Ewoks for 3PO, it's rather difficult to farm an Old Republic team for Revan.

Conversely, I won't be farming Ewoks for a long time to come. And neither my bounty hunter squad for Chewie nor Chewie and Han themselves are of any use to me in the squad arena, nor will they see much use in raids once I have Revan. I'll mainly gear them just for the Falcon. Some might consider this wasteful and would rather throw their remaining resources at a Nightsister team for HSTR.

Yup, f2p here too. I have chewie and threepio because the grind got me useful teams for ga/tw/raids/events while old Republic gets you jkr. Also mirror matches were never appealing. Also love star wars movies/TV and don't get excited by kotor.

• Options
    I'll get him this time around but I'm not super interested. Gearing him up will probably take me six months
  • Options
    Never played KOTOR so don't care about him and don't like most of the OR character designs.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Lots of people refuse to acquire characters based on things I find completely unfathomable, like "I didn't like them in the movies" or "I don't like the way they look." Personally all I care about is how well they perform, but some people are just not playing the same game that I am.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    TarlaBille wrote: »
    Never played KOTOR so don't care about him and don't like most of the OR character designs.

Eh, youre entitled to your opinion.
  • Options
    Not to start an arguement or anything, but i prefer newer things, and sure, the movies are fine, but the characters get "same old same old" vibes to me.

Yeah yeah luke skywalker, he fought his father in this scene. Oh, and he fights his father again. Then they save the galaxy. Ive heard that story replay so many times over and over.

The clone wars isnt bad. They do bring in new things. I liked the pheonix squad, they also dive into some history. Resistance, something new, thats all i can say. Old republic, something ive never heard of until jedi revan and all that, very unique. So, perhaps it could be because ive never seen it before. But, putting off revan just because he doesnt look great isnt a reason not to take the opportunity.
  • Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Not to start an arguement or anything, but i prefer newer things, and sure, the movies are fine, but the characters get "same old same old" vibes to me.

Yeah yeah luke skywalker, he fought his father in this scene. Oh, and he fights his father again. Then they save the galaxy. Ive heard that story replay so many times over and over.

The clone wars isnt bad. They do bring in new things. I liked the pheonix squad, they also dive into some history. Resistance, something new, thats all i can say. Old republic, something ive never heard of until jedi revan and all that, very unique. So, perhaps it could be because ive never seen it before. But, putting off revan just because he doesnt look great isnt a reason not to take the opportunity.

We told you why people choose to farm CLS & company over the latest shiny bauble. Consider your question answered. Feel free to continue ranting and dumping on Star Wars in a Star Wars-related forum, because that's not trollish at all.
  • Options

We told you why people choose to farm CLS & company over the latest shiny bauble. Consider your question answered. Feel free to continue ranting and dumping on Star Wars in a Star Wars-related forum, because that's not trollish at all.

Eh, youre entitled to your opinion. Lol.
    And i am not ranting, just making my point.
  • Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    They could be easier to farm, i dunno. It just seems to take longer to build a cls team than revan, since most of the cls team are pretty much all legendaries. Easier to farm but takes much longer. And right now he is just better to invest into in the long run for lower players. He can pit, somwhat auto haat, and is great in arena.

Im not saying i HATE cls and the original story, i even am going for the falcon. But this game is about finding out things, trying them out, and saying "that works!" I just dont have the time for that right now.
  • Options
    I thought kotor part 1 was a boring game, so i never got excited for any of the kotor 1 releases. Kotor 2 was fun, so I was happy with Nihlus, scion, etc.
    Its not JKR that I don't want. I will unlock him eventually, i was just never a kotor fan, so even though the character is really good, he just isn't a priority of mine.

I put a lot of work into zaarbal and t3 because I like wookies and droids.

Worked hard on my scoundrels because Solo was a great movie imo.

Patiently waiting for more clone content.
    Hopefully tarful and hondo.

• Options
    I don't want swgoh to become swtor
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Also I don't give a **** about them and I have a pretty decent squad already and I farming jango and dengar and sith trooper( for so e reason) so that's a grind
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • Options
    Dinotank46 wrote: »
    Also I don't give a **** about them and I have a pretty decent squad already and I farming jango and dengar and sith trooper( for so e reason) so that's a grind

Jango and dengar are pretty good grinds, and jangoes is the best node at the moment, so keep going with that.
  • Options
    I thought kotor part 1 was a boring game, so i never got excited for any of the kotor 1 releases. Kotor 2 was fun, so I was happy with Nihlus, scion, etc.
    Its not JKR that I don't want. I will unlock him eventually, i was just never a kotor fan, so even though the character is really good, he just isn't a priority of mine.

I put a lot of work into zaarbal and t3 because I like wookies and droids.

Worked hard on my scoundrels because Solo was a great movie imo.

Patiently waiting for more clone content.
    Hopefully tarful and hondo.

Hondo would be great.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i generally only "farm" characters that can potentially give me a competative edge, but i totally understand why others would just farm characters they like. If you don't like JKRevan and you've got no interrest in being (super) comptetetive, why would spend resources to unlock him when you can use said resources for characters you do like?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    i generally only "farm" characters that can potentially give me a competative edge, but i totally understand why others would just farm characters they like. If you don't like JKRevan and you've got no interrest in being (super) comptetetive, why would spend resources to unlock him when you can use said resources for characters you do like?

True, true.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Options

Eh, youre entitled to your opinion. Lol.
    And i am not ranting, just making my point.

Eh, you’re entitled to your opinion.😉
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/