My Syndicated Arena

Replies

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Its so fun ruining the days of these people who claim first spot. I made my entire ship shard absolutely hate me and I enjoy every moment of it.

If you use Shard chats around me, be prepared to lose first 24/7!

Then the falcon came and I was pushed to sixth, but soon, I will get back up there and their days like I did for 9 months!

• Javin37
    367 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Gorem wrote: »
    Its so fun ruining the days of these people who claim first spot. I made my entire ship shard absolutely hate me and I enjoy every moment of it.

If you use Shard chats around me, be prepared to lose first 24/7!

Then the falcon came and I was pushed to sixth, but soon, I will get back up there and their days like I did for 9 months!

Thank you for illustrating a point I was trying to make to someone.

If you would...please tell me about those that don't have shard chats? Do they lose 24/7 too?
    How does one hold 1st 24/7?
    Do you refresh? If so how often?
    Do you generally like "ruining" people's days?
  • Here’s a suggestion to OP: go apologise to your shardmates and accept their offer.

As almost every competitive player of swgoh would know, being blacklisted by your shard feels the same way as being on the receiving end of Revan’s Direct Focus.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    DocDoom wrote: »
    Just curious--a quick glance shows threads on this subject dating back at least two years.

Have the devs ever commented on the topic, one way or another?

Not that I am aware of. Honestly, as several have pointed out, there really isn't much they can do.

Most of the shard chats are 3rd party apps (Discord, Line (back in the day), etc.) and totally changing the structure of arena 3 years into the game would be a tough sell.

I read a dev comment one time related to cheating that collusion of any kind is against TOS and considered cheating. And that it is a ban-able offense, so if they wanted to they could easily stop it, it isn't hard to see.

• I think you should recruit people for a second shard chat and go to war.

As for the people who feel that they have been spending and "wisely" building their rosters from day one so they are more deserving of #1 spot because they had Revan first- If you need to collude with others to get the #1 spot you are actually less deserving. Collusion is cheating according to TOS so we don't want to hear you cry about spending all this money then getting banned when it finally happens.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    I think you should recruit people for a second shard chat and go to war.

As for the people who feel that they have been spending and "wisely" building their rosters from day one so they are more deserving of #1 spot because they had Revan first- If you need to collude with others to get the #1 spot you are actually less deserving. Collusion is cheating according to TOS so we don't want to hear you cry about spending all this money then getting banned when it finally happens.

How has that attitude worked for you in arena?
    Collusion is cheating according to TOS so we don't want to hear you cry about spending all this money then getting banned when it finally happens.

Let's pretend you were right, and that it's collusion (it isn't but I'll humor you).. why on earth would you suggest this to start with?

And could you please find where you read this in the TOS?

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

I would explain why playing nice with others leads to better things in life but some people have to follow their own path and learn the hard way that being combative just leads to being disliked.
  • Javin37 wrote: »

How has that attitude worked for you in arena?
    Collusion is cheating according to TOS so we don't want to hear you cry about spending all this money then getting banned when it finally happens.

Let's pretend you were right, and that it's collusion (it isn't but I'll humor you).. why on earth would you suggest this to start with?

And could you please find where you read this in the TOS?

https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

I would explain why playing nice with others leads to better things in life but some people have to follow their own path and learn the hard way that being combative just leads to being disliked.

Sounds like we got a Trump supporter. “Actions that are textbook definition of collusion are definitely not collusion.” Ok..........

Literally collusion means “secret agreement or cooperation.” So how exactly is shardchat not collusion? It’s secret (can’t see it unless invited) and it’s an ageeement to cooperate.

Enjoy your top 5 mafia but don’t pretend like it’s some pure and noble system.

• Pile wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    It's curious that you definition of selfish only pertains to the person wanting to he position and not the person who is in it.

Well it also pertains to the reasoning behind those thinking he chose wisely...

But why is it curious? It's obvious...the only part that requires curiosity is how the other guy was thinking because it's speculation.

Why would there be an offer of shared position on the first offer? OP has no leverage.

What he certainly was offered was safely getting 2nd from that point on. All he had to do was reach it.

What was OP offering? Nothing.

He chose to fight then and there and expected to find people on the forums that agreed with him.
    The OP stated that he was offered #2. There was never any offer of a shared position. In many cases, if the OP says fine, I'll settle for your offer, that's exactly as good as it'll ever get.

Why would there be any other offer? OP has no leverage...the person offering had all the leverage.
    He was being given a chance and he rejected it outright. To speculate in the negative is curious considering he already made an offer that would benefit OP.

OP made no offer that was beneficial to anyone.

You've illustrated why people dislike shard chats. In the end, every player has the desire to put themselves in the best possible position for growth.

No. If every player desired to put themselves in the best possible position for growth OP would have accepted terms.

If any of that is why people dislike shard chats then not taking top spots is the least of their problems...
  • Wow. This thread just keeps on going.

One thing is clear:

SWGOH needs to find a way to ensure (paying) players are able to compete on equal footings in game.

Good luck sorting that one out CG. New Metas probable won't fix that flaw unfortunately.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2019

I didn't have Revan first. I had a strong enough roster to make it to 1 without him.

And someone needs to Google "collusion" - because you're using it wrong.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Yes. Why should a gang have the ability to dictate who gets what payout? It is what it is in the current situation but that is why people propose alternate ideas.

You mean a gang are proposing ways they can dictate who gets what payout by appealing to what they hope is a larger gang so they can apply pressure on those making the rules? Hilarious...

It's simple...you can play nice and be of some value to others or you can be combative. Let me know how that works out for you.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »

Yes. Why should a gang have the ability to dictate who gets what payout? It is what it is in the current situation but that is why people propose alternate ideas.

You mean a gang are proposing ways they can dictate who gets what payout by appealing to what they hope is a larger gang so they can apply pressure on those making the rules? Hilarious...

It's simple...you can play nice and be of some value to others or you can be combative. Let me know how that works out for you.

Its All relative. By "be nice" you mean to players inside the chat. But you are being "mean" to everyone outside of it.

What you are really trying to say is "Be nice to the mob bosses and we will offer you protection. If you don't we are going to send Vinny, Knuckles and Big Paulie over every day to trounce you." Its the classic mob protection racket.

And "being combative" is exactly what he is supposed to be doing. Its competative 1 v 1 arena.

As as usual, there no way to win this argument against people that somehow think that 5 or 10 or 20 v 1 is ok in a 1 v 1 game mode.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

As as usual, there no way to win this argument against people that somehow think that 5 or 10 or 20 v 1 is ok in a 1 v 1 game mode.

it's not really 1 v 1 though, it's free-for-all but not really due to different pay-outs.
    Have you heard of a boardgame called "risk"? If not, you may want to take a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_(game)#Alliances .
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

it's not really 1 v 1 though, it's free-for-all but not really due to different pay-outs.
    Have you heard of a boardgame called "risk"? If not, you may want to take a look at this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Risk_(game)#Alliances .

We had games of Risk that went on for months in College. ;) And for the record I understand you understand it and appear to be doing it because its logical. Its the people that dont appear to be able to tell the difference between rational self interest and "whadda ya mean its not fair?"
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

We had games of Risk that went on for months in College. ;) And for the record I understand you understand it and appear to be doing it because its logical. Its the people that dont appear to be able to tell the difference between rational self interest and "whadda ya mean its not fair?"

A little off-topic but still relevant - what team are you running in arena? Still using the scoundrel team?
  • Pile wrote: »
    Translation: take what we give you and be happy you were given that much. How anyone finds this approach appealing is beyond me.

Easy -

Before shard chat - finish top 50 most days, sometimes spend refreshes fighting the same person over and over.

After shard chat - top 3 finish, avoid attacking people during their payouts due to having this information. They likewise try not to climb over me during my payout. I was lucky enough to be rolled into a 3 way rotation for 1st, but even if they had said "hey new guy you only get 3rd every day", 400/day is much better than 200/day. And I only have to climb from the mid 20s instead of the 90s.

FYI - I didn't join it because I suddenly felt entitled to a top spot - I reached out simply to attain payout times to avoid the punitive back and forth during my climb. Turns out once I broke thru a barrier around low 20s, I found the teams in the top 10 were just as easily beaten as those back at 40. Hooray Revan?
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

A little off-topic but still relevant - what team are you running in arena? Still using the scoundrel team?

Yes because I'm lazy and can still get top 100 with them but its harder now. Looked at my mods last night and realized if I move some around and 6e a couple I have +142 and +130 speed sets. Probably should just break down amd switch to my Revan. But I just find the team distasteful.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Yes because I'm lazy and can still get top 100 with them but its harder now. Looked at my mods last night and realized if I move some around and 6e a couple I have +142 and +130 speed sets. Probably should just break down amd switch to my Revan. But I just find the team distasteful.

Not sure switching to Revan would net you much at this point, with DR ascending.
  • ClubberLangIII
    372 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    1dsgc5k2negz.jpg

This is one of the oldest shard groupings in the game and that F2P non-complainer is a full 2.5M GP lower than the #1 spot. That is also the highest ranked Palpatine left in the game that I'm aware of.

It's tough to understand the complaining sometimes, honestly...

P.S. There's a G11 character in that squad as well, with 3 empty gear spots.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member

Not sure switching to Revan would net you much at this point, with DR ascending.

Historically there should only be 20-30 in my shard the first time. It appears from a quick review that I can make my Revan faster than anyone below top 10-20.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    MultUA wrote: »
    Well, I finally reached top5 at my regular arena and I have been contacted a person who was holding the 1st place.

That guy wrote me that I have to stay at the 2nd place as they have a syndicate of old members managed within discord and if I do not agree I would be blacklisted in their chat.

Of course I have rejected and you know what? Yes, they all together are bombing me from the top now)

I talked to my guild mates who hold top positions on their arenas. They have the same issue. Enjoy the 2nd (3rd, 5th) place or you’ll be kicked by the majority.

As a person who waste some reasonable cash for this game, may I have a question addressed strictly to CG/EA stuff - are you going to do something with those arena syndicates?

fight 24/7 and constantly refresh until you reach 1st. Snipe every 1st place before their PO, fight everyone that moves. Stay your ground so they would never dare to contact you again and tell you which place you can take(How dare them). That's your shard not theirs!
    Good luck in your Holy War! Gial Ackbar!
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »

Same here. Still running that same team you showed me. I didn't get Revan yet (will on the next one) and I went from like 100 to 200 after everybody got him. I agree with you about Revan being distasteful, though. I like the novelty of the scoundrels and they're fun to use.
  • VonZant wrote: »

Historically there should only be 20-30 in my shard the first time. It appears from a quick review that I can make my Revan faster than anyone below top 10-20.

Then maybe it is in your best interest. Jedi Revan isn't all about speed. Daily I beat Revans that outspeed me by +20 or more.