Regarding Heroine Bundle Purchases

Replies

• Barrok wrote: »
    F2p? I have spent hundreds so settle down.

Sure you did

As I am in the same server as him, I can attest to his spending.

Alright, let's all get along fellow players☺

Its we as a player base that decided this compensation. Anyone that thinks there were any real discussions as to the amount given compared to how the players were affected are fooling themselves. They were just watching the sales numbers on the Kylo Ren pack.
    I bought BO and was mad at the nerf. I still bought the new pack as I know many others did too.
  • My asajj hits like a ton of bricks..if everyone worked her, yours does 2.
  • micfool
    14 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Devs really need to realize, most that spend on the heroine pack have spend way more on crystals, so a mere 500 crystals means almost nothing to us

While some say we agreed on the ToS, EA also agreed to googles ToS to deliver whats promised and make their customer happy, in the case they dont, its really not hard for google to refund the money, and i am not talking about just the $50

I had many friends that spend over $10000+ on games like ****, etc. and trust me, more than 1 of them successfully refund over 1/3 of their total spending in a game if the game developer messed up
  • NUTS wrote: »
    My asajj hits like a ton of bricks..if everyone worked her, yours does 2.

She sure does and mine's still only 4*

dc4kub.png
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Thanks for nearly nothing@EA. Seems no more Money from me for expansive packs ...
  • I'm not reading 9 pages, so sorry if this is a repost.
    Do any other players who are F2P or even people who have paid even $5 or $10 for crystals or Dooku feel like we are getting massively hosed? If you've used barriss, she is still pretty good. So what is happening is the $50 US is being given back, the P2W people are keeping the toons from the pack AND are getting a bonus from EA?
    What is going on? How about EA gives any player who has spent and form of money on this game the same bonus?

So should all players pay $100 for the Kylo Ren pack then as soon as he's nerfed cry and get our money back and keep everything and get a bonus? That seems to be the premise that is being set.
  • Lol you all got ripped off. 500 gems isn't even $10 lol just claim a refund from Google or Apple
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • BUGABOO
    18 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Hate to agree with most people here but probably being on the top 1% of people who have spent the most on this game (sadly to say)....I won't spending a single penny more on it. Although I like the game, the prices are ludicrous and the shard system through chromium packs is terrible.

Countless times ive gotten only 7 or 12 shards out of those packs when a ton more are needed to just get them to a viable state to be useful and not get one hit KOed. Not to mention the cost of leveling them up with gold and exp bots or ability materials. That, along with the energy system is flawed...it can cost more than 40 energy to just get 1/20 of a required material T.T...want to get a character shard like Dooku? You get 6 chances in a day to get 1 of the million required to level up and you will be lucky to get 1 shard for 72 energy spent trying lol.

The game is fun and has potential but it is getting ruined by greed. I fully regret having spent so much and supporting it. I could have bought a new gaming console with games instead of those lowly shards...
  • 500 crystals as compensation is pathetic compensation.

First, the cost for 500 crystals is below $5 according to the pricing in the store at the time of this post. The main feature in a bundle that cost 10 times that isn't, or shouldn't be all that EA compensates for.

After all, the character wasn't purchased and automatically effective. Players invested a lot of resources into the character. What does it take to acquire the Ability Markers that are now part of that character which EA acknowledges people have shifted away from?

If what EA did actually balanced the character then people would stick with it. After all, a balanced character that's received that type of resource investment would still be very useful. It would be at least useful enough that people wouldn't feel as though they should shift strategies and/or move on to another healer.

Appropriate compensation would be to allow anyone who has a character that's been balanced an opportunity to exchange all of the character shards for those of a single other character, and to have their inventories stocked with all Ability Markers and Gear that went into the character. The character should be reset on the account to zero shards acquired and level 1 gear.

How close does 500 crystals get one towards whatever previous level of enjoyment they were having?

I don't need the character to be what it was. I was mildly disappointed in what seemed like an overreaction to squeaky wheels.

Considering that the compensation I just mentioned would be for equate to the makeup of a single character when people have put resources into squad makes 500 crystals just insulting.

If EA features a pack or bundle as they did in this case, then one should be able to expect a company with their experience to thoroughly play test what's offered. Even when mistakes are made I don't expect a refund, but I expect better compensation than this when the compensation we're talking about is virtual.
  • Bochista wrote: »
    500 crystals as compensation is pathetic compensation.

First, the cost for 500 crystals is below $5 according to the pricing in the store at the time of this post. The main feature in a bundle that cost 10 times that isn't, or shouldn't be all that EA compensates for.

After all, the character wasn't purchased and automatically effective. Players invested a lot of resources into the character. What does it take to acquire the Ability Markers that are now part of that character which EA acknowledges people have shifted away from?

If what EA did actually balanced the character then people would stick with it. After all, a balanced character that's received that type of resource investment would still be very useful. It would be at least useful enough that people wouldn't feel as though they should shift strategies and/or move on to another healer.

Appropriate compensation would be to allow anyone who has a character that's been balanced an opportunity to exchange all of the character shards for those of a single other character, and to have their inventories stocked with all Ability Markers and Gear that went into the character. The character should be reset on the account to zero shards acquired and level 1 gear.

How close does 500 crystals get one towards whatever previous level of enjoyment they were having?

I don't need the character to be what it was. I was mildly disappointed in what seemed like an overreaction to squeaky wheels.

Considering that the compensation I just mentioned would be for equate to the makeup of a single character when people have put resources into squad makes 500 crystals just insulting.

If EA features a pack or bundle as they did in this case, then one should be able to expect a company with their experience to thoroughly play test what's offered. Even when mistakes are made I don't expect a refund, but I expect better compensation than this when the compensation we're talking about is virtual.

I totaly agree
  • Bochista wrote: »
    500 crystals as compensation is pathetic compensation.

Amen brother! Just ask google and apple for a refund.
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    Pole breaker lol

Wins the internet he did , argue for nothing he must!

Like I literally am laughing in tears at how silly the tone of this has gotten , love all you guys who weighed in, but your truth and opinions are so meaningless to him and yet set him off so disturbingly that you need to keep going this is getting amazing how he keeps responding

oooo, look at you, not tagging my name or quote, as to avoid further conversation; then trying to throw that one last "insult" in there, in hopes of it not being noticed. Nice one ;) Don't be afraid to converse with someone who disagrees with you. It's not like it will affect your reputation in real life. We are just two people, on the internet, having a discussion over ideals.

You assume the tone has become silly, because you view the person on the other side of the keyboard as an "enemy", rather than another person with different viewpoints. People do the same when it comes to their assessments of others who have differing political views. My tone is likely the exact same as yours. I assume you are considering the length and frequency of my responses as indication of tone? Aside from this post, all of my messages have been typed from my phone (good thing swype exists), and I write on things all over the internet, in similar length. I generally like to write out all of my thoughts in one post, rather than going back and forth with short incomplete sentences, that drag the conversation out even longer.

Truths? lol, right. You can call your views truth all you want, however, that would also require you to acknowledge that those who believed Barriss was OP, were speaking the truth as well, and all counter-arguments were false. Or do you only consider the "truth" to be the side that benefits you most at that time? That's the problem with bias, and why intelligent folks should avoid it at all costs.

I value opinions. However, just like you don't agree with mine, I don't agree with yours and others of the same mindset. That is not to say I haven't agreed on certain points though, as I will go along with reasonable points. However, when I see someone (and others) say "I don't care what I agreed to, I want my money back" (not saying it was you), it clearly indicates the person is someone who deflects responsibility of their choices, and likely often makes silly decisions based on emotion, rather than logic. The type of person who will eat an entire meal, then say they found a hair (whether true or not), and request for a full refund. We are at an impasse, which is fine.
  • Haha 500 crystals, what a joke. If you had any doubts before, now its clear you need to sort the refund with google/ apple
  • 500 crystals are they joking!!! Greed is a powerful thing and it seems EA is infested with it. After all the bugs and problems with this game, then the nurfs, where of course nurfs are not needed. Then this 500 crystals!!! After all the time gear and crystals spent to up grade her.... How do they come to o that figure....

One question to ask yourself EA with her current stats how many people do you think would have spent time and money and resources to upgrade Barriss???? Correct no one would have. Now consider how much people have invested before you killed her... Now consider you 500 crystal offer. This is completely off the mark and come nowhere near close enough.

I like so many others like the game but your greed is a step to far! I will resort to a f2p player and take what I can for free. And under valued customer performs in an undervalued way!!!

PS it was easy for you to get right and you mess it up so much!!!
  • Anyone who isn't upset when they've spent the 50 already can suck a d. Book Fodda #1!
  • Heroine: not even once.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I took it to Apple to make it right for the first time in life. I also spent $425 and those $50 where a minimal part. Dressing Barris (eg 12 upgrades to skill and gear VII) was part of the remaining $375. I wanted things fast, and faster than I though, the char I bought was gone.

-- post edited. I started the original post mentioning my previous post was deleted. I was wrong, I found my post on a different thread, and corrected this post which was about being able to speak hiw I feel including the refund issue.
    Post edited by Preemo_Magin on
  • My previous post deleted. I was sharing that I took it to Apple to make it right for the first time in life. I also soent $425 and rhise $50 where a minimal part. Dressing Barris (eg 12 upgrades to skill and gear VII) was part of the remaining $375. I wanted things fast, and fater than I though, the char I bought was gone.

Question to Moderators: I noticed posts get deleted for talking about refunds. I asked for $50 refund, but have also spent $375. It would be proper to be able to share how we feel, and that I don't feel tou had done the right thing you intended. I also shared this was reducimg my enjoyment of the game and overall satisfaction, and as others have said, this will be a F2P game for me from now on.

If you provide a forum, we will share our thought. I hope sharing them is useful to you too. I believe I was a good customer and I am sharing my unhappiness.

If they are not caring enough to look after there members with a descent refund why do you think they will be professional enough to leave your posts up? EA what are you guys doing???
  • Because I think they do care, and should care. Otherwise why post. I am not happy, and while ithers may be grateful, I can't fake it.
  • 500 gems means nothing to me (remember that this is given to ptw and not ftp players). I desided to not buy any more hero packs after the nerf (not worth the risk). I was on the fence again when I heard that they actually cared enough to give a copmensation. Having now seen what it was, I will not be buying any more heroes. It was a nice but very hollow guesture by the devs
  • I think the biggest problem here is the devs don't play and pay for the game like we normal public do. So that don't having any insight into what it actually cost us with the barriss pack. I'm talking not just about the purchase price but the time n effort and resources we all spent on a character we don't use now. I mean since they changed barris from a good character into a useless one I haven't used her at all. So for me it's a complete loss. So 500 gems refund or compensation is not nearly enough.

If the devs were paying players I'm sure we would have been given something much more in line with expectations. For me personally I would have been looking for around 2000 gems or a free x8 chrome pack.

Again you have lost a paying customer!
  • I suggested a shard exchange system in another thread as it seems fair to me. Now they give 500 gems. How much is it? 1 or 2 refills to find a few pieces of gear. They lose one more customer but doubt that they care lol.
  • The fact this topic has more views than the ally code sharing topic should be a big indication to EA that they are not making anywhere near what they could be from this game if it were done right.

So many people waiting to find out if the game can be trusted to spend money on.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    What's most confusing to me about this compensation is how tone-deaf it is. Whoever made the decision has basically illustrated that he/she doesn't even really understand what the major complaint is. And the amount given is so low that anyone who previously decided to ask for a refund would do it anyway, while those of us who decided not to ask for one still feel like the issue wasn't properly addressed, and don't feel any real increase in goodwill towards the company.
    In short, they've wasted a lot of our time and energy, and their time and energy, and nobody has really gotten much for it.
    They could have provided a reasonable compensation package, which still would have cost them nothing (it's all bits and bytes) and in the long run made probably tens of thousands of dollars in increased future purchases through increased goodwill. Instead we have.. this.
    Even setting aside what we may want, this was a very bad business decision, which basically represents a large amount of past and future income thrown away over nothing. Very short-sighted, but sadly, all too common in today's corporate world.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    To go completely against the grain... Thanks EA for the 500 crystals.
    I am still using the other characters that came with the pack. I still use Barriss sometimes, just a little less often.

The 500 crystals put me just over the amount needed for a 4 pack and I was able to get enough shards to activate Leia.

Thanks again.
  • The compensation is a joke. I advise everyone to contact apple or google via your purchase receipt and request a refund. Mine has just been processed.
  • Starkiller wrote: »
    This comp is frankly pathetic. Since clearly the methods and practices of "old" are at play in this game, I am not spending a single penny again. Clearly CG doesn't understand their own game and the costs associated with it. Barrok certainly holds the opinion of the developers here. I don't distinguish between a digital good and a tangible one. I don't know why you would. The description of the character is clearly stated, the character was part of a bundle purchase (and as the most powerful would substantiate most of the value), and the developer made a substantial change to that character that not only damaged the value of the good they purchased, but diminished the substantial time and effort used to advance the character. In a court of law, you would lose sir. Either way, I'm done. Enjoy this type of "giving back to the customer for our bad behavior" as it will happen OFTEN.

This is the exactly the issue and correct. Its the "Value" of the pack purchased that has diminished. That is what the argument is about. If those they didnt by it think it is fair they should be asking themselves if they would buy the pack now or pre nerf if they had 50$ gift card given to them for christmas. You need to put yourself in the shoes of the customer in every situation. When you buy a car you get what you order. If you got to a restaurant you get what you order. If you went to McDonalds and ordered a 20 piece chicken nuggets and when you opened it there were 20 chicken nuggets but there were half the size of the ones you got the week before at the same price. Would you not have an issue with that? If you said no your an absolute liar.

I cannot understand why those that are not affected by the change cannot put themselves in the shoes of the buyer. Dont think of what the nerf was or if its early access etc. Think as if you purchased a product and that product was devalued. They should refund the pack or value the character in crystals and compensate appropriately. What they have said is barris is work 500 crystals. Tell me what 4 star character you can open for 500 crystals.
  • Yesterday, my brother who happens to be the num 1 player in the game, posted about his unhappiness at the heroine bundle nerf (Barriss's healing powers being downgraded) and his polite post was deleted. That is INSANE. You basically stole money from 1000s of people. That change cost you nothing. I would encourage EVERYONE to stop playing this game because they are only interested in money. They released a game that was NOT ready in order to make it to the movie release. As a fellow IT nerd, this is BAD BUSINESS and TERRIBLE PRACTICE. If you delete, I will repost under another ID. Congrats EA. BBB & Attorney General notified.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    first off let's stop the lie that the other chars are that good

Ventress debuff heal is broken does not remove from all only taunt

Ashoka heal does not work on crit as intended

All this is in the char sections on forum

Also take savage oppress challenge if your team is all at 1% bariss equallizes nothing and heals basically 10% of nothing

Working as intended? You tell me

All 3 are flawed and a 3star Poe has more power and function

Now if they are fixed who knows But right now anyone who spouts non sense about the pack is ignorant of the facts

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • jpiish wrote: »
    500 gems means nothing to me (remember that this is given to ptw and not ftp players). I desided to not buy any more hero packs after the nerf (not worth the risk). I was on the fence again when I heard that they actually cared enough to give a copmensation. Having now seen what it was, I will not be buying any more heroes. It was a nice but very hollow guesture by the devs

Agree
This discussion has been closed.