Update on zFinn Changes Coming Next Update [MEGA]

Replies

• Does anyone know if Finn Lead can still Solo the HAAT?
  • Can anyone explain why I haven't had my materials returned further to the FINN (all Omega's and one Zeta) or HK-47 (all Omega's) upgrades.

EA just keep telling me that the server would have refunded them automatically. They clearly didn't and can provide no help but instead suggest I post on the forums!!

Did anyone else have this issue or am I alone on it?
  • Can anyone explain why I haven't had my materials returned further to the FINN (all Omega's and one Zeta) or HK-47 (all Omega's) upgrades.

EA just keep telling me that the server would have refunded them automatically. They clearly didn't and can provide no help but instead suggest I post on the forums!!

Did anyone else have this issue or am I alone on it?
    I got mine back, right around the start of the GA defense phase.

• Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    My Finn zeta was refunded and I left the leadership at 1. As promised, Finn has his zeta inside this GA. I wasn't able to see it until I put him on a team to attack.
    yt97d9reoa27.png
  • ottomaddux
    490 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Heres what i like about the refund: people can Shut up about not getting a refund.

Heres what i don't like about the refund... It was across the board.

Most of you didnt deserve a refund. Most of you, only zetad Finn when you found out about the exploit it carried with it. (Soloing P3 of hstr). You got to double dip. Got to score massive points (possibly the only reason your guild completed HSTR at all,) or at the very least guranteed your top ten pat outs. Amd then rewarded for your exploiting with an entire zeta returned.

Now for those of us who zetad Finn PRIOR to the exploit... Prior to JTR... I felt by the text of the updated kit, that this would be a buff to how we ORIGInALLY used Finn for and guess what?

It is. Most of my guild has re placed the zeta back on FINN... Ironically we did the same thing with daka when she w as refunded.

Im sorry you don't get to undeservingly solo P3 anymore, im sorry you have to earn top 10 now.

that's quite an overbroad statement. Finn was one of my first zetas, and I know many people zeta'd him long before the hstr came out.

I don't feel this is a buff in any way shape or form.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    My Finn zeta was refunded and I left the leadership at 1. As promised, Finn has his zeta inside this GA. I wasn't able to see it until I put him on a team to attack.
    yt97d9reoa27.png

Me too! I dont mind the rework but the leader reset to 1 cost me the match. I actually lost one battle to Phoenix with Finn and lost match by 24 points. Or, it was actually working and I just didnt kniw how to use it and I suck.

Grumble grumble.

Although as a result I had to use Mace to beat a Bastilla team. Mace + HY + Jolee was kind of fun. Turns out in 3v3 his expose has a better chance of landing on someone useful.

Anyway now that you guys are done reworking Finn, could I request a rework that everyone would actually like?

#Rework Mace. ;)
    Post edited by VonZant on
  • Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Dhuriya24 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb since zFinn was the scourge of this game despite being wrecked on defense, would you mind listing some counters that work 85% of the time against old and new Revan? It would also be great if the counters weren't Revan themselves :)

Since you refused to make zFinn viable against any C tier team and above, I assume you know of some counters to the Revans occupying 90% of the meta that is only possible because the majority of the playerbase just doesn't understand the mechanics of this game as well as you + your entourage?

Would be great to know which team I can switch to so that I can retain my 500 crystal payout before zFinn get benched forever please :)
    1) If your zFinn gets benched forever because of this rework, it's because you choose to be petty and leave assets on the table.

2) Just because you've been abusing an exploit doesn't mean you're entitled to the results, nor that you're owed continuing payment for their closing your exploit.

Yae...please stop stalking me. This is your...3rd or 4th post addressing me and I ignored everything prior to that because I dont care what you have to say. CG claims they care about our opinions which is why I've posted repeatedly about this nerf because it affects me and thousands of other players.

You're delusional if your really going to try and blame me/the playerbase for Finn getting nerfed. Unless you started playing this game 4 months ago, you should have basic knowledge of how this team works and has worked in the past. This team has always worked by generating a TM train that prevents opponents from attacking and the developers never saw a problem with Finn's leadership until people started using Han to outspeed Revan with c3po.

zFinn's interaction with c3po in the raid and PVP is not an exploit, its a mechanic that the developers dont enjoy existing in the game because of an actually badly designed raid and zFinn's ability to compete with high tier teams.

If you really read my post, you would see that I was asking for a non-Revan team that can reliably compete in the meta, but one cant be listed because it doesnt exist.

If zFinn got ousted out of the meta due to teams that just happen to counter him, whatever thats normal. CG coming out of the woodwork to nerf an old leadership just because they dont think it's fair to people who own Revan is once again, just as petty as you stalking me for weeks.

What about cls. It destroys both revan. Easy wins
  • I missed level up Finn ability before Grand Arena. It is bad that it was upgraded few hours before Grand arena while we are sleeping :(
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    yt97d9reoa27.png

Not everyone got to keep their Finn Zeta for this GA. For example, me.
  • So, I just tried the new Finn zeta in 3v3 GA. His leadership is much, much worse than before. Previously the opponents would not take a single turn, now Poe barely survived so instead of 54 banners, I earned 51. So at the moment not convinced it is worth re-applying zeta to Finn. I was planning to as it didn't sound too bad at first, but after testing it this morning. Yuck, that is a one bad zeta now!
  • OvWan4
    81 posts Member
    I hate what they did with Finn. Raids are tedious and a time suck again! This was my first zeta and now he terrible.
    Might as well make HAAT and Sith Raid able to sim.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    I can confirm my Finn has lvl 1 lead in GA. I oicked him on offense and it was lvl 1 on the squad selection screen.

Should I file a ticket?
  • mvmss wrote: »
    I can confirm my Finn has lvl 1 lead in GA. I oicked him on offense and it was lvl 1 on the squad selection screen.

Should I file a ticket?

Screen shot?

Anyway, I did try that Finn team against G8 Phasma, G12 FOTP, G12 Zylo. The lead is certainly worse than it used to be, at least for my gear levels in that situation. I killed the Phasma and FOTP, but at my G8 toons couldn't take Zylo damage for long. Finn's heal only bought me one more turn.

I think that the lead might still be okay with G12 Finn and Poe, but it definitely went from useful to garbage if your Finn/Poe are lower gear like mine. Even with G12 Finn, he is probably now best used in an RJT squad to provide damage, heals, and taunt, rather than as a leader. I think Finn will be good there if he's geared up. But I doubt I'll replace his lead zeta. Poe is the big loser, he no longer has a team.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    mvmss wrote: »

Should I file a ticket?

Screen shot?

Anyway, I did try that Finn team against G8 Phasma, G12 FOTP, G12 Zylo. The lead is certainly worse than it used to be, at least for my gear levels in that situation. I killed the Phasma and FOTP, but at my G8 toons couldn't take Zylo damage for long. Finn's heal only bought me one more turn.

I think that the lead might still be okay with G12 Finn and Poe, but it definitely went from useful to garbage if your Finn/Poe are lower gear like mine. Even with G12 Finn, he is probably now best used in an RJT squad to provide damage, heals, and taunt, rather than as a leader. I think Finn will be good there if he's geared up. But I doubt I'll replace his lead zeta. Poe is the big loser, he no longer has a team.

I'll take a print on the next round. I have cleared my opponent already.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    This is the worst choice CG have ever made, his leader was amazing, rng dependant (landing enough exposes) while revan can have bad mods and then still out speed you because of that wall of text leader, wanna nerf something? Nerf revan, should of never been so powerful, its a joke and killing the game

His leader was never the real issue... It is Rebels exposing on basic and getting 3 basics per attack with Han/Chewy. 3P0 was the broken one, period.
  • So is Finn just a dead weight like corsucant police the Nerf has pretty much buried Finn might as well take him out of the movie too haha really not happy with Finn and HK rework it's hard work wasted the zeta refund doesn't soothe the pain what do you do with Finn now ????
  • Finn was my 2nd zeta. Him and Poe were actually changed to synergize more.

The expose exposè was a huge boost to ftp for HAAT. I actually couldn’t believe the devs allowed it at the time. But they did and it was great.

Once threepio came out and messed with JKR and p3 sith I knew he was going to be changed. Refunding the zeta was just the right thing to do. No matter what cg says the reason for the refund.

This just prepares us for things in the future. CG giveth and CG taketh away. Nothing is safe. No toon is safe. If it interferes with something new and shiny. Hopefully it becomes precedent that if a kit is changed they refund the zeta no matter what.
  • I fought in GA against a First Order squad: my team was g10 Finn, g12 Poe, g10 Resistance Trooper, against his g10 KRU, g11 Kylo, g11 Phasma. No zetas on his team, with really mediocre mods and unexceptional speed.

Poe went first and exposed everyone, then RT popped an expose, then Finn stunned Kylo. Then I got destroyed, and it wasn't close. I got the best start I could and still lost to a slower, weaker team.

Finn's leader showed as level 1 for me on team selection screen, so I suspect he didn't have his zeta during the fight (he was previously zeta'd). He was otherwise unimpressive on his 3 attacks, and his heal was a trivial speed bump for the opponent. So early returns on new Finn are not encouraging for me. Regardless, an important team for this GA is now worthless, and I can't do anything about it. 8th place rewards, here I come. Yay.
  • I fought in GA against a First Order squad: my team was g10 Finn, g12 Poe, g10 Resistance Trooper, against his g10 KRU, g11 Kylo, g11 Phasma. No zetas on his team, with really mediocre mods and unexceptional speed.

Poe went first and exposed everyone, then RT popped an expose, then Finn stunned Kylo. Then I got destroyed, and it wasn't close. I got the best start I could and still lost to a slower, weaker team.

Finn's leader showed as level 1 for me on team selection screen, so I suspect he didn't have his zeta during the fight (he was previously zeta'd). He was otherwise unimpressive on his 3 attacks, and his heal was a trivial speed bump for the opponent. So early returns on new Finn are not encouraging for me. Regardless, an important team for this GA is now worthless, and I can't do anything about it. 8th place rewards, here I come. Yay.

This is exactly, almost word for word, what happened to me as well. My squad selection also showed him as level 1 lead, so I’m guessing that’s a factor, didn’t think to check during the fight. I’ll make sure I screenshot next round...
  • Sam75007 wrote: »
    So is Finn just a dead weight like corsucant police the Nerf has pretty much buried Finn might as well take him out of the movie too haha really not happy with Finn and HK rework it's hard work wasted the zeta refund doesn't soothe the pain what do you do with Finn now ????
    Finn is not dead weight, he's just no longer a good leader. He will be good as a grunt behind RJT.

How are you not happy with the HK rework? HK is now one of the most powerful attackers in the game, but you're upset because he's no longer a mediocre leader for a bad faction?
  • Keydash1 wrote: »

Should I file a ticket?

Screen shot?

A G8 team can take a G12 (or at least 2 G12) off - that we called broken.

Exoose damage based team against KRU...time out warning.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    How are you not happy with the HK rework? HK is now one of the most powerful attackers in the game, but you're upset because he's no longer a mediocre leader for a bad faction?

Hk damage under DR is way way way multiplied:
    1*1.25 (self reconstruction protocol) *1.5 (loyalty to the maker) *1.5+ (ferocity) = 2.81

He always deals well over double damage under DR, can reach as high as triple damage.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    edited March 2019

Should I file a ticket?

Screen shot?

Screenshot_20190330-113056_Heroes_zpstwygsu41.jpg

Here's the print.

Should I file a ticket, @Kyno?

Edit: tried to correct the link
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    yt97d9reoa27.png

Well, good for you. Tell us how he performs, because I am sure not going to run mine on lvl1 leader ability.

Is there any update on this issue so far?

Is his LEAD ability, even on a 100% Resistance team, performing as effectively as his previous kit? Because that's what was promised, right? To meet or even excel his previous performance?

I am still waiting for a game changer to take a peek into this a little bit more than just drooling over Darth Revan over and over again.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    yt97d9reoa27.png
    Well, good for you. Tell us how he performs, because I am sure not going to run mine on lvl1 leader ability.
    Is there any update on this issue so far?
    Is his LEAD ability, even on a 100% Resistance team, performing as effectively as his previous kit? Because that's what was promised, right? To meet or even excel his previous performance?
    I am still waiting for a game changer to take a peek into this a little bit more than just drooling over Darth Revan over and over again.

Its hard, maybe wait to the next TW. Arena now is full with
    1) Super ultra very fast team, that can take your whole team down before your toon moves.
    2) Stupid Tenacity up at the start of encounter. especially Bastila.

even I lower my ranks to 300 still full of bastila.

My mods are at +60~70 average, should have find some opponents with similar speed to fight to test.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »

1*1.25 (self reconstruction protocol) *1.5 (loyalty to the maker) *1.5+ (ferocity) = 2.81

He always deals well over double damage under DR, can reach as high as triple damage.

But, but 150k damage hits against fully buffed GK or Bastila are such a nerf!
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Madlax wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

But, but 150k damage hits against fully buffed GK or Bastila are such a nerf!

The nerf was on HK's lead ability. In all other aspects, while paired with DR, he is mich better than before.
  • Ok I tried new zfinn many times. (cant believe I spent crystal on this lol) (sooo many stinky bastila running around cough cough)

zfinn is better than before. The 60% team wide potency makes expose a reliable things (especially poe who has very low potency even G12).

Tldr, is he better?
    Yes, better as a leader in a resistance team.

Hybrid team and low gear level finn...hmm not so much.

Finn resistance is my first pvp team, my first zeta'd and G12. I am glad this team back to the status they used to have and buffed to be more reliable. Thank you CG, I am very happy about the change, thank you.