100% Critical Chance

Prev1
Has anyone been able to mod a toon up to 100% crit chance?

Replies

• Options
    You're asking if there's a hard cap on crib chance? I don't know. I haven't tried hard, but hypothetically, seems like you could get close when you consider some leadership abilities. People have talked about 15% chances as bases for things like dodge and resist, so i'm not sure if that means it sort of caps out at 85% or not. See if anyone else has a screen shot.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Im pretty sure droids get the closest with crit chance up from je, but it probably depends on the mods.
  • Options
    Yes, Lando (including his unique and crit chance up). And sometimes he still doesn't crit. Don't know if that's a bug or wai because other player could have crit avoidance mod.
  • Options
    Should be possible... Leia, for instance, has a base chance of about 38%. With set bonuses she goes to 53%. If she has optimal primary and secondary stats, you can easily add another 42% to bring her to 95%. Then her leader ability would bring her over 100%.

I suspect it would be pretty difficult without a leader or unique ability. It seems the maximum secondary stat for crit chance is 5%, and I believe the crit chance triangle is 12%, meaning you can get a max of 57% from mods.
  • Options
    DarthLark wrote: »
    Yes, Lando (including his unique and crit chance up). And sometimes he still doesn't crit. Don't know if that's a bug or wai because other player could have crit avoidance mod.

People can have crit avoidance mods
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

Right, but I've never come across anyone using that mod, most people go for the +30 speed
  • Options

Right, but I've never come across anyone using that mod, most people go for the +30 speed

People will go with the +30 if they have it. Better to have a bad mod than no mod.
  • Options

Well then i'm not sure but i don't think it's a bug.
  • Options
    My IG 86 has 46% base crit chance so with his basic attack adding 50% puts him at 96% plus his unique adds 22.5% crit chance (with droids) putting him at 118.5% without HK lead... I have only ever seen his basic not crit under the debuff from B2... I think there is something going on there were it cancels out his passive crit chance gains. With HK leading he has a 148.5% chance to crit which would overcome any crit avoidance mod. Other than under B2 debuff I have never seen his basic not crit.
  • Options
    My dathcha under a nebit lead has a 90%critical chance, I could easily push way past 100%.
  • Options
    86s basic attack gives an additional 50% crit chance
    With a base stat of 30% (or higher), add in HKs lead ability of 30%, you easily end up at 110% without any mods at all.

Now does he crit every time? I actually haven't noticed

• Options
    I think without factoring in mods or leader abilities, Ahsoka has the highest crit chance in the game. I don't use crit chance mods or leader, yet she's still well over 50%. Put some mods on her and use (Idk...) Ig88 and you should be able to get over 100%.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Should be possible... Leia, for instance, has a base chance of about 38%. With set bonuses she goes to 53%. If she has optimal primary and secondary stats, you can easily add another 42% to bring her to 95%. Then her leader ability would bring her over 100%.

I suspect it would be pretty difficult without a leader or unique ability. It seems the maximum secondary stat for crit chance is 5%, and I believe the crit chance triangle is 12%, meaning you can get a max of 57% from mods.

I have a cross health mod w/ prot primary, 6.6% crit secondary and 9 speed. It most definitely can go over 5%. Was lvl 1 gold. Speed went up once, crit% went up 3x
  • Options
    Ig 86 under HK has >> 100% with his basic, and yes, he always crits from what I witness
  • Options
    I have Lando modded so he gets to 102% with his unique and crit chance up, I have seen him go ¼ crits but that might have been a glitch, usually he crits every toon that is standing.

My Solo with only one crit chnace set and only 6% additional crit chance from secondaries has 64% already, I'm sure he can easily reach 100% which would be great considering Deadeye gives him TM for his crit chance (FYI advantage also gives him 100%)
  • Options
    Raid Han has a base crit chance of 53.17%. I think that is the highest in the game.
    Character Name: Nofaultius
  • Options

90% total crit chance or soemthing from lead unique and crit chance up and mods!....

0/5 crits on AoE

0.o
  • chezhead
    221 posts Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    clone sarge is very easy to get 100% crit chance. his built in is 40%, then his special adds 4.5% for each clone and then leader abilities or leia can add 25-30% without even talking about mods.

So he is at 113% in a princess zody with leia's buff and no mods.

when correctly modded I have never seen him not crit either.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    My IG 86 has 46% base crit chance so with his basic attack adding 50% puts him at 96% plus his unique adds 22.5% crit chance (with droids) putting him at 118.5% without HK lead... I have only ever seen his basic not crit under the debuff from B2... I think there is something going on there were it cancels out his passive crit chance gains. With HK leading he has a 148.5% chance to crit which would overcome any crit avoidance mod. Other than under B2 debuff I have never seen his basic not crit.

My IG-86 is much the same, I'm only getting 18% from his unique, but still have seen him not crit under an hk lead with jawa engineer's crit buff. He had no debuffs. It drove me crazy thinking about it because there is not enough crit avoidance available to overcome a 165%+ chance to crit. There is absolutely some kind of base chance to not crit.

• Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Taramel wrote: »

My IG-86 is much the same, I'm only getting 18% from his unique, but still have seen him not crit under an hk lead with jawa engineer's crit buff. He had no debuffs. It drove me crazy thinking about it because there is not enough crit avoidance available to overcome a 165%+ chance to crit. There is absolutely some kind of base chance to not crit.

Yep, even tho my 86 is well above 100% chance the are rare occasions where he does not critical. I'm thinking there is a base chance of like 5% to not crit no matter how high your % is.
  • Options
    Surprised nobody has mentioned the largest crit chance boost in the game. Biggs triple assist gives +75% chance to crit. If you used IG-88 lead and called Lando to assist when he has crit chance up he might be able to reach 200%, depending on how you mod him. It sounds like it would also be possible to get a toon to display over 100%, raid Han has 53% base and with the right mods it would be possible to get another 50%. I don't know if anyone has ever put in the effort to get five crit chance mods with that good of secondary crit chance stats though, so it may have to remain theoretical.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

People will go with the +30 if they have it. Better to have a bad mod than no mod.

I use crit avoidance on my arena tank over prot primary. It has defense, tenacity and 2k prot secondaries though.
  • Options
    Man people keep resurrecting my threads from months ago.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Raid Han has a base crit chance of 53.17%. I think that is the highest in the game.

Seriously necro'ing a 5 month death thread?
  • ClawsC3
    9 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    It is possible to get to 100% with no leadership boost or assistance from other toons.
    fd9yn1z228oz.png
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    KeKattia wrote: »

Turns out 5 months isn't that long, haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    KeKattia wrote: »

Turns out 5 months isn't that long, haha.

Time to dig out the 2015 threads...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    yeah this thread is no longer relevant.
    Since this thread was made they fixed an issue where crit chance from leader abilities and other sources didn't properly stack causing characters with well over 100% crit to not crit sometimes prior to the fix.
This discussion has been closed.