My Syndicated Arena

Replies

• jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    If they put their time and effort into a team/strategy that can beat mine then so be it.

If you're the sort of laissez-faire player who is okay with having your spot taken, then you would likely be the sort of player to offer a rotation to the new guy. No harm, no foul.

The OP seems like the opposite.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Javin37 wrote: »

Yes. Why should a gang have the ability to dictate who gets what payout? It is what it is in the current situation but that is why people propose alternate ideas.

You mean a gang are proposing ways they can dictate who gets what payout by appealing to what they hope is a larger gang so they can apply pressure on those making the rules? Hilarious...

It's simple...you can play nice and be of some value to others or you can be combative. Let me know how that works out for you.

Its All relative. By "be nice" you mean to players inside the chat. But you are being "mean" to everyone outside of it.

What you are really trying to say is "Be nice to the mob bosses and we will offer you protection. If you don't we are going to send Vinny, Knuckles and Big Paulie over every day to trounce you." Its the classic mob protection racket.

And "being combative" is exactly what he is supposed to be doing. Its competative 1 v 1 arena.

As as usual, there no way to win this argument against people that somehow think that 5 or 10 or 20 v 1 is ok in a 1 v 1 game mode.

No. Why did you twist nice into some nefarious code word instead of what it actually means?

Nice is considering other guys have a payout coming up and show you're willing not to bother them and nice people will appreciate it and not bother you.

You choose not be and even go so far as to say "what he is supposed to be doing". Says who? People that aren't nice.

As usual you think this is an argument...it's not. I am explaining why people are wrong. Those that choose to not be nice...that choose instead to be combative have only themselves to blame. I've given advice to those that want to try a better way...those that prefer to stick to what isn't working for pride and resentment are free to do so.

And as usual it's impossible to expect someone that thinks arena is 1v1 like grand arena. It's a fact that many people are in your arena shard. Just like it's impossible to "argue" with flat earthers...
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »

Yes. Why should a gang have the ability to dictate who gets what payout? It is what it is in the current situation but that is why people propose alternate ideas.

You mean a gang are proposing ways they can dictate who gets what payout by appealing to what they hope is a larger gang so they can apply pressure on those making the rules? Hilarious...

It's simple...you can play nice and be of some value to others or you can be combative. Let me know how that works out for you.

Its All relative. By "be nice" you mean to players inside the chat. But you are being "mean" to everyone outside of it.

What you are really trying to say is "Be nice to the mob bosses and we will offer you protection. If you don't we are going to send Vinny, Knuckles and Big Paulie over every day to trounce you." Its the classic mob protection racket.

And "being combative" is exactly what he is supposed to be doing. Its competative 1 v 1 arena.

As as usual, there no way to win this argument against people that somehow think that 5 or 10 or 20 v 1 is ok in a 1 v 1 game mode.

No. Why did you twist nice into some nefarious code word instead of what it actually means?

Nice is considering other guys have a payout coming up and show you're willing not to bother them and nice people will appreciate it and not bother you.

You choose not be and even go so far as to say "what he is supposed to be doing". Says who? People that aren't nice.

As usual you think this is an argument...it's not. I am explaining why people are wrong. Those that choose to not be nice...that choose instead to be combative have only themselves to blame. I've given advice to those that want to try a better way...those that prefer to stick to what isn't working for pride and resentment are free to do so.

And as usual it's impossible to expect someone that thinks arena is 1v1 like grand arena. It's a fact that many people are in your arena shard. Just like it's impossible to "argue" with flat earthers...

You are right its not an argument. The earth is objectively flat! ;)
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

Since this is about the OP, we see how their approach worked out which proves the point many are trying to make. Many arena
    shards are a joke because they are blocked out of top rewards due to the alliances formed. Since arena is the most consistent source of crystals, people obviously take issue. In his case, you have one player telling another that you can have 50 less crystals daily than me because I have set arbitrary guidelines that say so. If you don't agree to this, my friends will target you and you will get significantly less. Translation: take what we give you and be happy you were given that much. How anyone finds this approach appealing is beyond me.

It actually proves you're factually and morally incorrect.

He made the top 10 and was able to take 2 so he wasn't blocked.

He was offered not to be bothered and build a rep among them.

The person making the offer didn't have to say anything, offer anything. He could have done what you and OP would do....anything in your power to win.

Even your translation of that is telling...you twist a considerate offer into something nefarious.

It's infinitely more appealing to look out for nice people than it is to think and act like a child that can't control themselves.

When you have an opportunity to improve you experience in a game..or even in life...to play nice and benefit you should take it...or regret it. If you choose to reject it then the blame is entirely on you.
  • have the same problem in my arena shard! there is kinda mafia, group of about 15 players. their statement is something like: stay away from top10, or you'll never get top20. they're closed, inviting some players rarely.
    so as I see here, it's all okay with that...
  • Calbear949 wrote: »
    212Attack wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    So why is it that these "new players" aren't allowed the same opportunity to compete for top spots? Of course the have nots feel excluded and they should if they can legitimatly compete. This is really the only problem I have with a lot of the chats related to these types of posts. All these quasi rules floating about are meant to do nothing more than protect the sweet payout arrangements and people who have decided there are better things to do than play the game at their payout time.

You have Player A, who has been getting 1st place ostensibly for some time (months if not years). Now Player B comes up and demands access to the rewards that Player A has been getting. Player A's options are:

1) Give up his sweet rewards just because the new guy wants them. (negative impact)
    2) Start vigorously and individually protecting his #1 spot, at the cost of extra crystals, and having to play the game at the very specific time of payout, regardless of what else is happening at that time (negative impact)
    3) Ask Player B to collaborate under some sort of shared agreement (whether that's static positions, a rotation, etc. It's up to them to come to an arrangement). [positive impact]
    4) Ask other players (whether in shard chat or just individual messages) to assist him close to payout, either by locking Player A or B, or knocking Player B back. [positive impact]

Each shard chat is different because each group of players is different. For every terrible story about an excluded person, there are many stories about players who have significantly improved their gaming experiences through shard chats.

The OP in this case is complaining about being a "have-not", because he got greedy and didn't want to accept 2nd place on a daily basis. I think he made the wrong decision, and now he gets to live with the fact that he chose to be greedy and now has to live with the ramifications of that decision.

If you go through the 4 main options I listed to this post, where Player B is the OP and Player A is the member of the shard chat who offered him 2nd place, why should Player A voluntarily accept a scenario that negatively impacts himself? He offered one scenario that should have positively impacted both players, and the OP declined. So now Player A can either accept a negative for himself, or he can coordinate with the shard chat to keep a positive for himself. So of course that's what he's going to do.

Dumbest **** ive ever heard this **** is a GAME and in a game its every man for himself. Not this hey man....I know you just got revan you know that number one is mine and I will ruin you if you Take it from me. Boo Hoo dude stop defending this extortion.

Or people can work together against the system for the benefit of all

No, the benefit of a small % of people not all , or close to all, get it right
  • These responses read like an instruction manual on how to live your life like a spineless coward. No, thanks.

I'm with you, OP. The self-entitled douchebags can choke on their crystals before I let them tell me how to play.
  • Bauhaus wrote: »
    These responses read like an instruction manual on how to live your life like a spineless coward. No, thanks.

I'm with you, OP. The self-entitled douchebags can choke on their crystals before I let them tell me how to play.

Now THAT is the kind of passion that wins mobile phone game championships.
  • You either work with the shard or fight against it. It's that simple. Asking the developers to do something about it? Like what? No one is doing anything wrong. Stop feeling entitled and work for what you want or don't.
  • UltimateSeaDog
    1689 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    I’ll try and insert myself into this debate.

I used to have the Asian 6pm payout before we could change PO times; this meant competing with Chinese and Taiwanese players (I’m Singaporean). I had been holding #1 for about 4 months for now, and suddenly someone came up and screwed me over a couple of times.

Obviously, I sent him a message asking if he wanted to rotate #1 with me. He refused. And that meant war.

Our shard chat (which is open to anyone who asks, really) put him on blacklist together with the player who spends his entire day messing people over during their payouts and the cheater (who we got banned a while later). He didn’t see top 20 for a while after that, and quit the game after a month.

Another year later, he showed up and said “I’ll just take #2, thanks. Don’t hit me.” and I’ve never had issue ever since.

What’s the lesson? Accept the olive branch when it’s offered.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • after so many comments, not sure any1 is in mood to read anymore...but...to be honest haven read myself half of thread :), but

question to all

....what arena suppose to be , place to chat with coffee in hand , or fighting place with sword in hand...so simple

no need to go either side, just a simple poll :), maybe...

my stance is that arena means fight with some1, forum on other hand can be use for chat

• Bauhaus wrote: »
    These responses read like an instruction manual on how to live your life like a spineless coward. No, thanks.

You’ve got an invite to my guild any time. 👏
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Bauhaus wrote: »

The thing is, no one is telling you how to play. You can play however the fudge you want. If you chose to battle everyone, don't be suprised if everyone is battling you aswell.
    Also, it's easy to talk tuff about others, but i'm not so sure you wouldn't have done the exact same thing as the people in the shardchat if you were in their position. Afterall, i'd rather choke on crystals than on that big fat juicy nothingburger.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Bauhaus wrote: »

The thing is, no one is telling you how to play. You can play however the fudge you want. If you chose to battle everyone, don't be suprised if everyone is battling you aswell.
    Also, it's easy to talk tuff about others, but i'm not so sure you wouldn't have done the exact same thing as the people in the shardchat if you were in their position. Afterall, i'd rather choke on crystals than on that big fat juicy nothingburger.

Just end PVP and give everyone a Participation title.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

Your justifications and assumptions are absolutely astounding. To be frank, you have made an assumption in every micro paragraph you typed and all of the ones pertaining to me are wrong. I do agree with you 100% that cooperation would get the OP the most bang for his buck. The chat isn't going anywhere so it is what it is. I have said several times that payouts should not be attached to a game mode so easily manipulated. Where we disagree is the justification and entitlement to payout position. You mention morality. How is it moral to have your pals gang up on someone because they hit you in arena? Oh, that's right, there are rules in place. Must have missed those when I created my SWGOH account. The other player made a considerate offer? The only reason he can make that offer is because he has a gang waiting to punish any challengers. Anyway, I digress, going back to my original post on the subject, these types of posts have been moderately entertaining.

This chat was never meant to go anywhere...I only posted so those with their new revans who want to do better have the information to make the best decision for themselves. I appreciate you letting me use you as an example of how not to proceed.
  • Shard mafia? Mob bosses? Collusion? Bullies? Lmfao

The only ones complaining about a shard chat are those that have never been in one or those that were offered, let their ego talk saying “taking less is beneath them” only to be pushed back when you climb.

You could have played nice. You didn’t. Suffer consequences. Tired of the complaining and sugar coating things to make people not feel bad.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Shard mafia? Mob bosses? Collusion? Bullies? Lmfao

The only ones complaining about a shard chat are those that have never been in one or those that were offered, let their ego talk saying “taking less is beneath them” only to be pushed back when you climb.

You could have played nice. You didn’t. Suffer consequences. Tired of the complaining and sugar coating things to make people not feel bad.

a5zan662o0if.gif
  • I'm facing a similar, although worse, scenario. I cannot get into the chat as they refuse to extend anyone new an invite (per a current member that I IM'd) and I get bombed back above 50 every time I crack the top 10. There are only two solutions to this that I can see 1) (long-term fix) Reward players for the highest rank they achieve during the 24 hour cycle, not where they happen to sit at payout, or 2) reshuffle the arena shards regularly.
  • Cartels are criminal. Shard-chat is supporting cartel-like behaviour. In Europe those cartel-like shard-chats would be considered just as player-betraying criminal if someone would follow the laws... Shame on you, Disney, EA, CG and all you participants...
    (Sorry for my bad english, but this makes me really angry)
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Cartels are criminal. Shard-chat is supporting cartel-like behaviour. In Europe those cartel-like shard-chats would be considered just as player-betraying criminal if someone would follow the laws... Shame on you, Disney, EA, CG and all you participants...
    (Sorry for my bad english, but this makes me really angry)

Good thing real life cartels kill you or rob you while in a Star Wars game you just get less crystals. 😜
  • I’ll try and insert myself into this debate.

I used to have the Asian 6pm payout before we could change PO times; this meant competing with Chinese and Taiwanese players (I’m Singaporean). I had been holding #1 for about 4 months for now, and suddenly someone came up and screwed me over a couple of times.

Obviously, I sent him a message asking if he wanted to rotate #1 with me. He refused. And that meant war.

Our shard chat (which is open to anyone who asks, really) put him on blacklist together with the player who spends his entire day messing people over during their payouts and the cheater (who we got banned a while later). He didn’t see top 20 for a while after that, and quit the game after a month.

Another year later, he showed up and said “I’ll just take #2, thanks. Don’t hit me.” and I’ve never had issue ever since.

What’s the lesson? Accept the olive branch when it’s offered.

Lol , yeah take your bullying and like it
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Wonder how many of these shard chatters also complain about people not setting D in GA and how it ruins their game experience? Hmm
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    I don't know why you told them that you didn't want to join shard chat and work with them. You've brought this on yourself and now arena is gonna be a huge headache and you'll be lucky to get top 10.

And why? Because you really needed those extra 50 crystals every day that first gives you? You should have accepted his gracious invite and enjoyed your undisturbed place at #2.

Please explain how he brought this upon himself by not accepting being relegated to second place?..... Also, while you are at it, you can explain why those 50 extra crystals shouldn't be important to him, yet it's perfectly fine that his shard mafia protects them and targets him to protect them?

It's bunk like this that gives shard chats a bad rap, and rightfully so.....