Positive Feedback: Finn

Loving the new Finn. Rework is awesome for me/my guild. Always used Finn with JTR squad, and my damage has gone up quite a bit with the rework. The health/protection regeneration ability is awesome too. As someone who really likes the rework, thanks!

Replies

• Have you been payed for this thread?
  • There’s no doubt that Finn’s rework makes him a solid Resistance ally now. It’s just ... disappointing ... that we had to trade a viable leader to get a good ally.
  • Did we not have 8 other resistance allies? He was a great second lead , now hevis just another resistance toon , that could replace rt , which wasnt really needed, but hey at least now he wont be game breaking anymore, lmfao
  • Can’t tell if this is a troll thread or not
  • New finn is awesome as a resistance leader.
    Not for under geared or hybrid though.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    New finn is awesome as a resistance leader.

Bingo! Those that say "he is terrible" may be using him incorrectly. He is still a good leader but now he needs high gear and a Resistance team around him to work whereas before, g10 could cut it as long as Han and CLS (most common hybrid members) were g12.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »

Bingo! Those that say "he is terrible" may be using him incorrectly. He is still a good leader but now he needs high gear and a Resistance team around him to work whereas before, g10 could cut it as long as Han and CLS (most common hybrid members) were g12.

I only ever used a resistance team, ive never used c3po. So no , in the same places he was used before he is not as good, plain and simple.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    APX_919 wrote: »

I only ever used a resistance team, ive never used c3po. So no , in the same places he was used before he is not as good, plain and simple.

I said "good", not "great" to be fair. Good is better than terrible.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"

Your gear level, and the enemy's?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Unlike the old Finn, I think he may be useful on D now. Finn Poe Holdo Scav Rey and RP or Rose. They should ping pong Taunts and Foresight and now have a cleanse and 2 heals and 3 taunts. We will see.
  • jstehly
    108 posts Member
    I have enjoyed him in the raids, but I am reserving final judgement to the next TW. My Resistance squad with a Finn lead has consistently taken out the top BH squads in TW, so I hope that still happens.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Have you been payed for this thread?

No offense to you at all sir who wrote this, but it frustrates me that whenever someone says anything positive about goh, someone has to pop in and say this exact sentence. It’s happened to me when I have positive feedback, and I’ve seen it too many times before. I get that maybe you were being sarcastic, but it still frustrates me that people seem to be so hateful of anything positive related to this game that they cannot but look at the negative.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
    APX_919 wrote: »

I said "good", not "great" to be fair. Good is better than terrible.

But not as good as before , and by definition if something is not as good as it used to be , its worse. Pretty simple.
  • Finn rework sucks, this appeasement isn't worth it. He had a great leader ability and they butchered him.
  • So many people spoiled by a glitch can see a really good toon past the inability to exploit.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Yes he has been nerfed, but since we still have some valid uses for him that still make for PVE fun, I’m only slightly bummed. I’ll get over it soon though
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »

Ha. Nope.
    Tbirds01 wrote: »

No offense to you at all sir who wrote this, but it frustrates me that whenever someone says anything positive about goh, someone has to pop in and say this exact sentence. It’s happened to me when I have positive feedback, and I’ve seen it too many times before. I get that maybe you were being sarcastic, but it still frustrates me that people seem to be so hateful of anything positive related to this game that they cannot but look at the negative.

You rock.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Tbirds01 wrote: »

I agree. Sometimes, I think some of these people have Marvel Strike Force paying them. But that would make me a hypocrite.
  • Do you feel like Finn‘s use in JTR raid teams makes RTrooper useless (in PvE) ?
  • 4sp3buvzq8qj.jpg

This is what I run, everything is the same when zeta and mod comes out, except 4 of them are G12 now.
    The team's buffed, I am happy.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    4sp3buvzq8qj.jpg

This is what I run, everything is the same when zeta and mod comes out, except 4 of them are G12 now.

So are all your GA opponents lol
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    4sp3buvzq8qj.jpg

So are all your GA opponents lol

I dont have revan and most of opponents does, so I just let the auto deploy do all the works.
  • My zFinn team is pleasing me just fine. On offense my expose train is still efficient enough to allow me to beat most NS and Empire teams. Still the more critical thing is Poe being super fast and potent. I think Finn's rework might have given more potency because I am seeing more expose on enemies now. In PVP Finn's stacking basic damage isn't really coming into play because I use Finn for stunning primarily. Stun and cleanse and popping exposes already laid

In HAAT however I am getting nice expose trains and also seeing Finn's basic hit for 160000. Same for on Sion in 6 tier STR
    I did 1100000 damage this morning on the end 8% of HAAT p3 and the first 80% of p4.

It was a record for my team. I just zeta bb8 an hour ago, and I am going to keep working on the team till I get JTR. I also need my 6* C3PO to be better. I will probably drop out my 7* G11 pilot for C3PO when I get it to g10
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Loving the new Finn. Rework is awesome for me/my guild. Always used Finn with JTR squad, and my damage has gone up quite a bit with the rework. The health/protection regeneration ability is awesome too. As someone who really likes the rework, thanks!

I think the new Finn is meant to be a progression character. You get him early as your leader, then you unlock Jedi Rey and she becomes your leader while he remains a very strong character under her.

I use Jedi Rey, Finn, BB-8, Trooper, and R2 against anyone but Bastila teams, that’s where Holdo shines brighter than Finn. But, otherwise, New Nasty Finn with his stun on a stick is incredibly strong.

It sucks he isn’t the leader that he used to be, but I’m hoping that a new wave of Resistance characters (along with an update to existing characters in light of Finn’s new leader ability) will bring them forward.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Im just glad the GK Meta isn't running so rampant anymore.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Im just glad the GK Meta isn't running so rampant anymore.....

Ikr , it was just such a scourge
  • love the Finn rework under a JTR lead for HAAT - easy solo..