Finn haat and sith

2Next

Replies

• vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Could a game changer make a youtube video about Finn Zeta rework in HAAT or Sith raid ? They just all make the same videos about Darth revan lately. We need to cover other topics
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    So before our guild used to finish sith raid in about 3 hours. Now it takes the whole night and even until late morning it is still not finished. So around 15 hours now.
  • mvmss
    213 posts Member
    Could a game changer make a youtube video about Finn Zeta rework in HAAT or Sith raid ? They just all make the same videos about Darth revan lately. We need to cover other topics

Ahnalt made one.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

https://youtu.be/_KDGkqL7Ws0
  • Make HAAT simable, it's boring in 2019...
  • lawyer1333 wrote: »
    g0cunazsc5aa.jpg

How long did that take?
  • About 45 minutes
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Korgan1999 wrote: »
    I will not pretend I know anything about coding, but they could easily have done stacking tenacity on Traya on topple for each debuff that was landed on her. I wish they left Finn alone. He was actually fun to play.

Because he was holding back Resistance by throttling what they could do going forward. Why else do you think that they've only gotten four new characters (not counting C3P-0 or R2, since they're three factions) since the game started and only one of them can expose--on a 70 turn cooldown?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »
    I will not pretend I know anything about coding, but they could easily have done stacking tenacity on Traya on topple for each debuff that was landed on her. I wish they left Finn alone. He was actually fun to play.

It would just create other infinite loops, they wanted Finn out of arena

Lol if so that would suck. I’d miss the easiest mark in arena

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I did 11 million total this morning with
    http://swgoh.gg/squads/66173/
    Finished the last 9% of p3
    And first 80% of p4 of haat
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    NicWester wrote: »

Because he was holding back Resistance by throttling what they could do going forward. Why else do you think that they've only gotten four new characters (not counting C3P-0 or R2, since they're three factions) since the game started and only one of them can expose--on a 70 turn cooldown?

But wait i thought his new leader ability was as good as his old. And still applies to resistance, just not all the random toons. So this has absolutely no effect on them adding any resistance characters, past, present and future, but nice try
  • NicWester wrote: »

But wait i thought his new leader ability was as good as his old. And still applies to resistance, just not all the random toons. So this has absolutely no effect on them adding any resistance characters, past, present and future, but nice try

His overall kit is stronger, his leadership is absolutely 'weaker' (he gains some new stuff that makes it more consistent, but it's absolutely not the runaway train it could be originally) in terms of alpha strike.

Under the old lead, popping 3 exposes was enough to gain over 100% TM for the entire team (along with reducing coolfowns) - meaning you could relatively easily use a fast Poe to AOE expose and TM reduce the enemy, then use trooper's basic, pilot's special, and Finn's second special to form a near infinite turn meter gain loop, essentially preventing most teams from ever taking a turn. You could always season this with Holdo for an AOE to bypass taunters to trigger Exposes along with an AOE Daze to prevent TM gains from debuffs like zPalpatine or counterattack heavy teams and/or R2 smokescreen and burning for another AOE attack and counterattack protection. It was incredibly powerful for a single zeta and definitely limited the design scope for a faction that is supposed to be based on the Expose mechanic. (As any new Exposing toon edged them that much closer to supercharging the ability beyond anything resembling game balance).

Under the new lead, while the single character TM swing is (potentially, as both Expose, and TM reduction go through independent tenacity checks) higher, you now need at least 7 (depending on your characters remaining and lineup) Exposes to bring the TM loop full circle, making you incredibly more reliant on beating the odds for full team Exposes from Poe and the internal TM gain from Trooper and the expose from his basic attack to land the attacks - and of course, both Poe and Trooper only have a percentage chance to apply Expose on their abilities (which can be resisted). It is undeniably a weaker leadership kit, particularly in regards to high level PvP play. (But it also opens up more design space for toons that can improve the team without breaking it).
  • CYG77
    75 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    🙄
    Guess you can't delete
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »

His overall kit is stronger, his leadership is absolutely 'weaker' (he gains some new stuff that makes it more consistent, but it's absolutely not the runaway train it could be originally) in terms of alpha strike.

Under the old lead, popping 3 exposes was enough to gain over 100% TM for the entire team (along with reducing coolfowns) - meaning you could relatively easily use a fast Poe to AOE expose and TM reduce the enemy, then use trooper's basic, pilot's special, and Finn's second special to form a near infinite turn meter gain loop, essentially preventing most teams from ever taking a turn. You could always season this with Holdo for an AOE to bypass taunters to trigger Exposes along with an AOE Daze to prevent TM gains from debuffs like zPalpatine or counterattack heavy teams and/or R2 smokescreen and burning for another AOE attack and counterattack protection. It was incredibly powerful for a single zeta and definitely limited the design scope for a faction that is supposed to be based on the Expose mechanic. (As any new Exposing toon edged them that much closer to supercharging the ability beyond anything resembling game balance).

Under the new lead, while the single character TM swing is (potentially, as both Expose, and TM reduction go through independent tenacity checks) higher, you now need at least 7 (depending on your characters remaining and lineup) Exposes to bring the TM loop full circle, making you incredibly more reliant on beating the odds for full team Exposes from Poe and the internal TM gain from Trooper and the expose from his basic attack to land the attacks - and of course, both Poe and Trooper only have a percentage chance to apply Expose on their abilities (which can be resisted). It is undeniably a weaker leadership kit, particularly in regards to high level PvP play. (But it also opens up more design space for toons that can improve the team without breaking it).

Which means like i said they cant bring in more great resistance toons with expose, like the post i responded too said. Or am i missing something?
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    Still doable with Finn lead. This effort took 45 mins with all but P3 in manual. P3 can be auto’d after getting Finn rolling.
    P2 was very close to Enrage. P1 and P4 were completed with not half way to Enrage.
    Was doing crits at ~190k.

car30y3wu8tc.jpeg

I’ve since increased Finn to G12. He’s a hybrid of potency mods but CD triangle and offence cross.
  • I am still a noon at this game, but I. Pretty sure that picture says Finn is worth a zeta.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    I am still a noon at this game, but I. Pretty sure that picture says Finn is worth a zeta.

Why? JTR can solo the tank, and only needs to manual p1. Wampanader can also solo the tank and needs to manual p1 and p2. Both are therefore less effort than Finn. But sure, if you don't have JTR or Wampa, then zFinn is an option.
  • Why dont we all just log in to the game and hit auto and see how fun it can really be then? Jeez why even play it?
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Finn helps by making the solo faster. Once he builds up, he hits super hard. My G8 Finn got up to 105k on the rocket droid, 230k on the P4 tank. I've seen videos that say RJT/BB8/C3PO/Finn/CLS can almost solo on auto. The only sticking point is that the AI sometimes stupidly targets only the tank and not the turrets. So unfortunately you can't just set the phone down, especially in P2 where the stupid AI might mean you run out of time.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »
    Finn helps by making the solo faster. Once he builds up, he hits super hard. My G8 Finn got up to 105k on the rocket droid, 230k on the P4 tank. I've seen videos that say RJT/BB8/C3PO/Finn/CLS can almost solo on auto. The only sticking point is that the AI sometimes stupidly targets only the tank and not the turrets. So unfortunately you can't just set the phone down, especially in P2 where the stupid AI might mean you run out of time.

So like everyone said, its not as good. Again yeah it might be workable, but not as good as before, so...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »

So like everyone said, its not as good. Again yeah it might be workable, but not as good as before, so...

someone said his leadership ability is as good as his old one?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you