Raid ticket compensation

Lordzod
13 posts Member
edited March 2019
We launched a heroic sith raid and we didn't set any joining period for it. But when we launched the raid, it started with 24 hour joining period. We brought in some friends to help us out with the raid as we can't finish it on our own. With tw starting in less than 24 hours they can't stay with us to hit the raid. Our 110k tickets is gone for good as we can't finish it on our own.
Guild name - Covenant øf the Force
Ally code - 224149915

Contacted with EA support and they suggest to post it here so that it can get resolved.
vkiyn858mjnz.jpg
fkavnp8l5kci.jpg

Replies

• Lordzod wrote: »
    Contacted with EA support and they suggest to post it here so that it can get resolved

Support: "We're tired of Crumb telling people to open tickets. Tell the next person to contact us to post on the forum."
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Lordzod wrote: »
    Contacted with EA support and they suggest to post it here so that it can get resolved

Support: "We're tired of Crumb telling people to open tickets. Tell the next person to contact us to post on the forum."

While I dont like that response, but it seems like they are saying it's not really a customer support issue. No game glitch, just poor planning. It sucks, but gotta pay attention to the timing of everything.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    there is a 24hr period before those that come to your guild can participate in raids, TB, TW. And the raid can’t start/loaded till the 24 hrs is up for them to be eligible.

Quite certain of this, I’ll check.
  • Lordzod
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    KueChael wrote: »
    there is a 24hr period before those that come to your guild can participate in raids, TB, TW.

We merc regularly, there is no 24 hour wait period for raids, TB or TW. And that's not the main issue here. The raid started with a joining period even though no joining period was selected

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    iirc you can adjust the settings while a raid is active, so this is in no way proof that you guys didn't screw up yourselves.
    Also, you win some, you lose some. Hardly warrants a ticket refund imo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Lordzod
    13 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    leef wrote: »
    iirc you can adjust the settings while a raid is active, so this is in no way proof that you guys didn't screw up yourselves.
    Try adjusting the settings after you have launched it after the update and then get back to me please. I want to learn that secret power.
    Also CG has data on whatever is going on in game I think. So they can find out what actually happened.
    It's a fault on their part, so a compensation is the least they can do. We are not asking for anything more than we deserve.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Lordzod wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Try adjusting the settings after you have launched it after the update and then get back to me please. I want to learn that secret power.
    Also CG has data on whatever is going on in game I think. So they can find out what actually happened.
    It's a fault on their part, so a compensation is the least they can do. We are not asking for anything more than we deserve.

You either can or you can't, no secret power involved. I'm not an officer anymore, so i'm not able to check how it works myself.
    i don't think customer support has access to that data, and gc devs are too busy to get involved in these type of cases.
    anyway, good luck in trying to get your tickets back.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • If you do a regular raid without sims you can set a join period or not have one at all. But if you decide to sim a raid it has an automatic 24 join period because it requires people to join so that those specific people who join get the rewards. I dont know if I'm 100% correct but I think I remember reading that in an article. So if I am correct then you need to plan better and it's not EA's fault. Sorry dude
  • https://swgoh.gg/g/54277/covenant-of-the-force/

39mil GP guild exploiting mercs to complete hstr? Oh nos, you lost your tickets? Sorry for your loss.
  • This happened to my guild tonight too. We filed a ticket also, although chat help was USELESS. Best we can tell, if any OTHER tier of the raid is set to have a join period, it doesn't matter that you correctly selected not to have one when launching heroic. It is ridiculous. It is a flaw, not user error.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I think the refund would have been in order if they haven't announced the date of the war at least two weeks beforehand (I just verified, the last edit on the March calendar was on the 15th).
    You had all the indicators to do the proper planning and not waste tickets.
    Post edited by RandomSithLord on
  • Lordzod
    13 posts Member
    39mil GP guild exploiting mercs to complete hstr? Oh nos, you lost your tickets?
    Show me a rule where it says we can't bring in mercs to complete hstr. Don't come in and say whatever you like.
  • Lordzod
    13 posts Member
    You had all the indicators to do the proper planning snd not waste tickets.
    If you have read carefully then you can see that it's not our fault. When it takes hours to complete hstr then when should I have to plan with an extra day on hand?
    Is a bug on CG's part and they should resolve it.

• Wait how many Mol Eliza's are in your guild? But I also recognize the name so it may just be a coincidence...