The Rise of the Omega Bottleneck / Weeklies

Replies

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    As the title states, they slowly pulled omegas out of the weekly shipments step by step. I made multiple topics on this where it gets immediately moved to shipments subforum where no eyes will reach it for sure.

Do you have anything g to back this statement up?

Which part? I can provide evidence, just gotta know which portion you're debating.

Have they stated they are not going to put omegas in weekly shipments again?

Nop and where did I claim they won't? Are you debating anything that I actually wrote?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    As the title states, they slowly pulled omegas out of the weekly shipments step by step. I made multiple topics on this where it gets immediately moved to shipments subforum where no eyes will reach it for sure.

Which part? I can provide evidence, just gotta know which portion you're debating.

Probably the part he put in bold ?
    You don’t have proof. You’re a conspiracy proponent.

Huh? Are you claiming they didn't pull them out slowly step by step. To describe what happened there were first both credit and crystal buyable ones, then credit ones are gone, then crystal ones are gone too. Did I even imply this will forever stay as is?

The point of me making the topic is this pull back aggravated the omega crunch and I'm inquiring if others are also experiencing the crunch and what would the solution be.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Nop and where did I claim they won't? Are you debating anything that I actually wrote?

You say they remove them and seem to be saying that they will not be going back in, as "part of the solution" to the crunch.

Are you suggesting the store should have them all the time?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

You say they remove them and seem to be saying that they will not be going back in, as "part of the solution" to the crunch.

Why is your complete argument just questions? What are trying to tell the op? Is it productive?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Neah, that's just you strawmaning me.

I didn't even make the thread about weeklies, cause you know, "reasons" that we're not allowed to debate on the forums ;).

This is what I'm rather saying; Is there an omega crunch that's experienced at large? If there is, then we lost one of the avenues that addresses it currently. What possible other avenues/methods/solutions can we ask CG for to provide us?

Before they took the omegas out by decreasing them amounts step by step in the weeklies, they used to be coming back at fixed rates. I don't see why that can't be the case in the long term either, can you provide us a reason it can't be?
  • No_Try wrote: »

I didn't even make the thread about weeklies, cause you know, "reasons" that we're not allowed to debate on the forums ;).

This is what I'm rather saying; Is there an omega crunch that's experienced at large? If there is, then we lost one of the avenues that addresses it currently. What possible other avenues/methods/solutions can we ask CG for to provide us?

Before they took the omegas out by decreasing them amounts step by step in the weeklies, they used to be coming back at fixed rates. I don't see why that can't be the case in the long term either, can you provide us a reason it can't be?

He's asking for your proof to back up your claims. You're original post stated were back at square one. thereby implying that shipments won't provide them anymore.
  • it's not a real crunch. Because omegas are a valuable resource that has to be used wisely. but they are not strictly needed for every single character. Not every ability needs to be omega'd either. So couple that with the fairly regular inflow of them. Galactic war, omega battles, territory war, ship/ character mat challenges, daily rewards, cantina battles, and they're in the fleet store. and you can omega an ability frequently.the avenues are open but not everyone takes them.
  • The omegas that we're in the weekly shipments were great. It's definitely put a crunch on my upgrades since they've not been in the weekly shipments for awhile (2 months now maybe?).
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    it's not a real crunch. Because omegas are a valuable resource that has to be used wisely. but they are not strictly needed for every single character. Not every ability needs to be omega'd either. So couple that with the fairly regular inflow of them. Galactic war, omega battles, territory war, ship/ character mat challenges, daily rewards, cantina battles, and they're in the fleet store. and you can omega an ability frequently.the avenues are open but not everyone takes them.

That depends on what you’re focusing on and where you’re at in the game. I don’t have a credit crunch for example, but many people do.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    it's not a real crunch. Because omegas are a valuable resource that has to be used wisely. but they are not strictly needed for every single character. Not every ability needs to be omega'd either. So couple that with the fairly regular inflow of them. Galactic war, omega battles, territory war, ship/ character mat challenges, daily rewards, cantina battles, and they're in the fleet store. and you can omega an ability frequently.the avenues are open but not everyone takes them.

That depends on what you’re focusing on and where you’re at in the game. I don’t have a credit crunch for example, but many people do.

That's the point. You focus and spend your resources accordingly. Omegas and credits are readily available to players. Spending or not is a choice. it holding you back is based off that choice of where to use them. Meaning it can't be a crunch like some things that require guilds or extended periods of time for refreshes, etc. Because you can't get to the choice if you can't get them. I.E. sun guns, golden eyeballs and such
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    The squeeze is on in all aspects of the game. They will never, ever learn. All they are doing is chasing new players away with negative word of mouth. And they are pushing paying players to F2P in retaliation. Of course fanbois will chime in disputing this, but those with clear vision, and sufficient grey matter see what is happening.
  • haysswa1
    169 posts Member
    uqp91vhcdgqc.png
    pfipsy9lkmb6.png
    I can't tell you if there is a crunch or if they have or haven't been in weekly shipments. I do acquire them when available and just hold on to them. I stopped spreading myself thin about 2years ago or so. I'm sitting on almost 3k purple mats as well. Not to mention all the ship upgrade materials. But that's just me and my gameplay approach.
    I'm at 3.6mil gp, not really competitive but can totally understand the need to "keep up with the Jones", so to speak.
    You do you and hopefully for the benefit of all you can get the response you want. Good luck and game on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

We can agree to disagree on this point, you do mention weeklies several times, and that omegas not being there is bringing us back to Square one. (it seems to be about the store.)

back to the topic at hand.

There will always be a crunch somewhere. This game has always had a backbone of resource management.

The primary solution is to manage them, because no matter what happens on the other side, that is in our control.

How many do you bring in a week? (i only ask because i assume you have done the math) how many are needed from an alternative avenue/method/solution?

I do agree they did do it in steps, but once they decide to remove them if they dont completely do it, they are just widening the gap. So its a good thing they removed them for crystals too.

There is no reason they can't come/ wont come back.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

That's the point. You focus and spend your resources accordingly. Omegas and credits are readily available to players. Spending or not is a choice. it holding you back is based off that choice of where to use them. Meaning it can't be a crunch like some things that require guilds or extended periods of time for refreshes, etc. Because you can't get to the choice if you can't get them. I.E. sun guns, golden eyeballs and such

Credits and omegas can not be paid for. There is no advantage in that aspect for P2P players. They are only available in a certain amount of places. So yes, it’s a real crunch.
  • r6ijkwi710bk.png

yeah ...
  • Nihion wrote: »

Credits and omegas can not be paid for. There is no advantage in that aspect for P2P players. They are only available in a certain amount of places. So yes, it’s a real crunch.

jlpgc88xw7vw.png
    h1pe3vh041dg.png
    Yes you can
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

jlpgc88xw7vw.png
    h1pe3vh041dg.png
    Yes you can

Oh. Oh well.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

jlpgc88xw7vw.png
    h1pe3vh041dg.png
    Yes you can

Oh. Oh well.

If they replaced the purple mats with ship omegas (9-25) id buy that pack... not for purples too many on hand now....

Newed players will spend on pack as is...

Why not OFFER one with ship omegas and toon omegas. Then end game players who dont need the pirples might spend some....

They could offer so many packs i would consider buying if half the stuff in it was not trash i dont want or need...

Sick potential there
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

He's asking for your proof to back up your claims. You're original post stated were back at square one. thereby implying that shipments won't provide them anymore.

Nop. I didn't imply anything as I already said multiple times. I explained what I meant. I don't know what purpose it serves reiterating what he said while ignoring what I said and still insisting I'm implying something that I have to prove. Omegas are currently gone from weeklies and has been so for sometime.

If CG has it in their plans to bring them back or our voice makes them bring them back then that certainly helps with the omega bottleneck.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

We can agree to disagree on this point, you do mention weeklies several times, and that omegas not being there is bringing us back to Square one. (it seems to be about the store.)

There will always be a crunch somewhere. This game has always had a backbone of resource management.

The primary solution is to manage them, because no matter what happens on the other side, that is in our control.

How many do you bring in a week? (i only ask because i assume you have done the math) how many are needed from an alternative avenue/method/solution?

I do agree they did do it in steps, but once they decide to remove them if they dont completely do it, they are just widening the gap. So its a good thing they removed them for crystals too.

Ofc I mentioned the weeklies as they are a good function of what led to steepening of the problem for me that I defined as the omega crunch. 20 of them on a weekly basis on sale with 125 crystals a pop made them so.

I don't know how many I get a week on average. I don't buy them from ship shop as the choice between zetas/omegas on almost the same currency rate makes the choice easy. The rest of omegas I get, I'm guessing everyone else are also getting at the same rate across the board.

20 omegas from weeklies is a toon's omega worth on average approx (without the zeta sinks).

I guess since many also denies that there's a problem or plays the vague "there are other bottlenecks too, there will always be bottlenecks" card which somehow assumes it's just normal but provides zero in the way of solution, I'll just wait and buy material pack to get them at a pricier rate as @Darthvanity has shown.

No amount of management provides me any solution as I'm as veteran as one gets as day 1 player and my level of involvement with the game depends on the ability to push my roster even further. A stagnating roster slowly fades my interest.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    The omega bottleneck is a temporary issue, at least it was for me. I can now do the highest tier of all the Assault Battles, which is a nice bonus.

I'm at 3.5 M GP and have unlocked Darth Revan, and after zeta'ing him, I still have 90 omega's left. I don't spend them anymore unless I gear a character, and I find that I am gearing characters much more slowly than that I acquire the omega's for them. So eventually, if you follow this strategy, the problem will solve itself and the old omega bottleneck just becomes secondary to an Eyeball/Stun Gun bottleneck.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ofc I mentioned the weeklies as they are a good function of what led to steepening of the problem for me that I defined as the omega crunch. 20 of them on a weekly basis on sale with 125 crystals a pop made them so.

I don't know how many I get a week on average. I don't buy them from ship shop as the choice between zetas/omegas on almost the same currency rate makes the choice easy. The rest of omegas I get, I'm guessing everyone else are also getting at the same rate across the board.

20 omegas from weeklies is a toon's omega worth on average approx (without the zeta sinks).

I guess since many also denies that there's a problem or plays the vague "there are other bottlenecks too, there will always be bottlenecks" card which somehow assumes it's just normal but provides zero in the way of solution, I'll just wait and buy material pack to get them at a pricier rate as Darthvanity has shown.

No amount of management provides me any solution as I'm as veteran as one gets as day 1 player and my level of involvement with the game depends on the ability to push my roster even further. A stagnating roster slowly fades my interest.

If your not going to manage them, you are always going to have a problem. Unless they flood the market, you will never have enough. Bottlenecks exist to pace the game.

Resources like that are definable (for the most part) as you said roughly 20 a week, is approximately 1 toon a week. That means as a day 1 player just that income alone would have you omega everyone you have left in probably 1 year, and that's not including all the other income. This is an estimate of course but I would guess that after 52 you would be putting omegas on other toons because you can more then out of necessity.

One of the other mods ran the numbers and if you look at every toon and add up all the zetas and omegas, omegas become the better value to purchase when you look at what you need, not zetas.
    I dont think that there is no bottleneck, but you dont like my solution....
    mo8i3naz4i91.jpg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I guess since many also denies that there's a problem or plays the vague "there are other bottlenecks too, there will always be bottlenecks" card which somehow assumes it's just normal but provides zero in the way of solution, I'll just wait and buy material pack to get them at a pricier rate as Darthvanity has shown.

If your not going to manage them, you are always going to have a problem. Unless they flood the market, you will never have enough. Bottlenecks exist to pace the game.

Resources like that are definable (for the most part) as you said roughly 20 a week, is approximately 1 toon a week. That means as a day 1 player just that income alone would have you omega everyone you have left in probably 1 year, and that's not including all the other income. This is an estimate of course but I would guess that after 52 you would be putting omegas on other toons because you can more then out of necessity.

One of the other mods ran the numbers and if you look at every toon and add up all the zetas and omegas, omegas become the better value to purchase when you look at what you need, not zetas.
    mo8i3naz4i91.jpg

What I don't like is not your suggestion, but you assuming I'm not already managing them and spreading them around as they come. It's always the same argument that boils down to "git gud".

Perhaps you bought all the mat packs they provided so far? I don't know if you spend or how much. We are at the same GP, I have no idea how you got omega headroom a comparison between our rosters shows that you do. You also have significantly more zetad toons than me, that must also be because of your superior management skills.
  • Kyno wrote: »

That would require communication, and history would tell us they don’t always communicate small changes like that. Unless there’s a 15 month old post to reference that I’m not aware of?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

mo8i3naz4i91.jpg

What I don't like is not your suggestion, but you assuming I'm not already managing them and spreading them around as they come. It's always the same argument that boils down to "git gud".

Perhaps you bought all the mat packs they provided so far? I don't know if you spend or how much. We are at the same GP, I have no idea how you got omega headroom a comparison between our rosters shows that you do. You also have significantly more zetad toons than me, that must also be because of your superior management skills.

It's not about who is better, it's about that fact that it can be done. No matter the "next move" by the dev team, unless they flood the market and allow us to push every toon to max abilities, you will need to change your managment if you are unhappy with your situation.

It's not a comparison between me and you, it's about what you are looking for. If you are unhappy with your ability to stay flexible and add materials to "any toon", then there is not likely going to be a solution for you. If you want to stay flexible to deal with new game modes, meta changes and other "normal game flow" then you can do it with a change to your management style.

You mention a stale roster being boring, it's not about stopping, it's about slowing your pace. I know that's a subtle difference, but it can mean the difference between having what you want, when you want it, vs not.

Again, I'm not saying we could use more, and that any decrease in income is a bad thing. I am saying that they are unlikely to flood us with any material that is bottlenecked and as connected to something so finite and powerful as abilities, which means even an increase in income will still need to be managed differently if you are unhappy with your current situation.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Ah the infamous survivorship bias at large. One can do it, therefore it can be done and everyone is also able to do it given they fit the shoe to themselves.

And as always CG's decisions have nothing to do it, we should reflect back to ourselves instead of asking them to change the causes of the situation.

They did give us the option to buy them...with crystals. They currently don't. They still do give us the option to buy many other bottlenecked things from the same shipments without any reservation. I doubt many are buying all the crystal options in bulk.

I'm questioning why it's the omegas that's being singled out as one of those options...as it brought a good patch to the problem that is the omega crunch.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    k9cctw6qfo8y.png

I am always short on everything. 136 level 85 characters in my roster have all their abilities with purple mats (except Finn, 3 purples short to fix this), 28 more between level 53 and 70 need to be leveled up before i can put more on them. So none of my characters (except Finn) needs that purple stuff right now (not counting zetas). Why? Because it's fun to me.
    "Being short" on something just depends on your play stile in first place. More mats would be nice, yes. But i'm fine with it how it is and don't see a real bottleneck caused by the game.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Calagon
    80 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I don't mean to be a contrarian, but I don't see any issue with omegas. The rate of gathering seems proportional to their intended level of play. With daily activities and fleet store, you can probably get at least 1 per day and 1 every other day. With challenges, there's a chance to get more omegas about 3 times a week. Ignoring omega events, ship ability challenges, the RNG for omegas on some nodes, and assuming you average at about 1 omega per challenge day, you're looking at a consistent 13 omegas per week if you're spending your currency right. Even then, you're guaranteed 7 omegas per week just with daily's which is like the bare minimum of activity for the whole game. Just the nature of high-level play ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

P.S. Let's talk about stun guns though.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited April 2019
    Omegas being purchasable at will would widen the game for many players and could have long lasting effects.

If they are singled out, its likely due to the relatively steady weekly income we have and the power of them.

No one said it's not anyone's fault thier decisions have nothing to do with it, although the walls we all hit are based on our own choices.... to try and put it simply, if you are unhappy with your current situation, you should take control of your own happiness and devise a system that makes you happy. Balancing the income you have in a better way will only help you even if they do increase the income.

I would also suggest, maybe not viewing any of this as "some ones fault", thier decisions vs what we want, and maybe just as a system in the game, might help with getting a better perspective on the situation. IMHO.
    Post edited by Kyno on